• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

His monocle alone elevates the Switch's capabilities. Who needs sturdy tech when you can render the Vandercle?

I meant getting that quality from the artwork in game.

It's a sad thing.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Inb4 Gunter 2.

Hears Marry me from a corner

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l2Je2ifGlRZEWDbb2/giphy.gif?cid=790b761165152a11537a505f4905b63fb8e1d20a346ce4c7&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Inb4 Gunter 2.

...Oh, Christ, please no. That was so fucking bad. So much so it almost wasn't funny. Almost. It was still pretty funny. Fates had a talent for that.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Since it's an anniversary game, let's roll every traitor trope.

Possessed and was promised to have his late wife revived and...

I mean, if we're calling back to every FE traitor, it also means I can bypass the entire treason by not having Vandad talk to a boss. So that's fine by me!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if we're calling back to every FE traitor, it also means I can bypass the entire treason by not having Vandad talk to a boss. So that's fine by me!

Who turns out to be Vangrandpa. Still in fighting shape despite being octogenarian.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I meant getting that quality from the artwork in game.

It's a sad thing.

Did I stutter

Hears Marry me from a corner

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l2Je2ifGlRZEWDbb2/giphy.gif?cid=790b761165152a11537a505f4905b63fb8e1d20a346ce4c7&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

NO

I DIDN'T NEED THAT REMINDER

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who turns out to be Vangrandpa. Still in fighting shape despite being octogenarian.

You don't become the 31st Steward of the Divine One by being the kind of person that retires at 60.

I didn't knew that Zeiss was a suicidal red unit and lost this run purely because he went for my Lugh out of boredom. I managed to feed a manakete kill to Zophia too , I am big sad rn

Then again my Astolfo was stuck in a... Awkward spot , to say the least. He had a pretty intense and loving staredown with Douglas.

Capture d'écran_20230111_174553.png

Capture d'écran_20230111_175314.png

1 minute ago, Loliko said:

Then again my Astolfo was stuck in a... Awkward spot , to say the least. He had a pretty intense and loving staredown with Douglas.

Capture d'écran_20230111_175314.png

That's certainly one way to keep Douglas occupied.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

169.jpg

*remembers FE4*

Wait, does that confirm Emblem'rs will have some meat to them

To be fair...

Spoiler

He is adamant in not letting Shanan and Oifey fight. Granted, this doesn't explain Dew, but then again, we don't know his exact age. He might be around or even only slightly but still older than the 14-year old Oifey, who also doesn't fight since he prefers to take on the tactician role during Gen 1.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

203.jpg

Peak gaming

Spoiler

It's a cutthroat business, selling.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

169.jpg

*remembers FE4*

Wait, does that confirm Emblem'rs will have some meat to them

Spoiler

Didn't he balk at Azelle joining? Or Lachesis? Not to mention those who explicitly don't fight in Gen 1.

I mean, he should have with Dew in fairness

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair...

Reveal hidden contents

He is adamant in not letting Shanan and Oifey fight. Granted, this doesn't explain Dew, but then again, we don't know his exact age. He might be around or even only slightly but still older than the 14-year old Oifey, who also doesn't fight since he prefers to take on the tactician role during Gen 1.

I can't think of any evidence against.

Spoiler

213.jpg

Memes

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Dew secretly a 1000 year old shota dragon

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The glowing eyes would've fit better here too. lol

I suppose it says something about Guillo's unshakable self-confidence for keeping Sagi's heart. They have been together for years after all.

The above conversation starts at about 7:22 here. In case you'd want to hear the tone of the conversation (the vid being 13 years old means the audio quality is perceptibly a little poor for Milly).

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bonus points if Alfimi is just a nickname and her real name is something much longer.

Some translate her name as "Alchemie" actually. Hence the track associated with her.

I think the main two factors would be the bolded part, the first because aside from slapping tits, fictional race design doesn't really make a distinction from male and female.

I would say this can vary. The first example to come to mind the Lucier in the 7th Dragon series. The guys look like elves, while the girls swap the pointy elvish ears for cute cat ears, not a just one difference, but it's enough that you wouldn't need to look at their chests to identify their biological sex. Similarly, looking over the Wrothian concept art, Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe are representative of a general sexual dimorphic divide into leonine males and catty females.

Once again bringing them up because they are great

latest.png?width=591&height=618

So this is the character you've been mentioning.

Attire and general pose says boyish-roguishly masculine to me. The hips from this angle look curved enough to be feminine, and the face and hairdo do lean feminine as well. -In my perceptions of this design. All in all, a well-done straddling of the lines.👍

My first guess if you didn't say they were non-binary would've been "tomboy". But that's in part because non-bi characters are not commonplace whatsoever in video games. And non-binary characters are by no means required to be a perfect 50-50 in their balancing of perceivably male and female displayed attributes (nor are they required to look as though they're above it all). It is their right to decide for themselves (ignoring the fact we're talking a fictional character who thusly has no agency of their own) whether to care at all as to how much their outward appearances blur the traditional boundaries. They should be free to be themselves, not what society expects them to look like.

Tl;dr as with everything, execution matters.

Indeed!😄

I did it , dear lord. Chapter 16 is a fun map but they really don't pull back any punches if you want everything.

My strategy involved using two thieves on each side of the map. Since Cath is the goat , I gave her my boots so she could take everything on the left chest room , and be able to come back to Narcian with a bit of rescue dropping. As comical as it sounds , the angelic robe I gave her when I finally recruited her helped her not getting OHKO by the purge bishop , so yes , stat boosters on Cath are worth it.

My one worry going into the secret shop of this chapter is that I may be a bit low on gold , and Hugh is on the map ; Now I could do basic maths and planning so I would have enough to get all I need. Or I could save up some money.

681108044_Capturedcran_20230111_190923.png.df96eadc88e30bb38fe3f2a86c39eb1c.png

874002252_Capturedcran_20230111_191033.png.17b5cb9b80c4ac8331ed6996fe1d5503.png

With that out of the way , I send Astolfo to loot the right chest room after Bartre decides to steal the mamkute kill I spent 3 turns setting up for Sophia. Now , to take care of Douglas by asking Saul to read him a bedtime story so he would fall asleep right in front of the throne room , Narcian thinking he's protecting him when you could hear the man snoring from a mile away.

Before giving a shout out to Roy for trying his best and critting a mercenary for 9 points of damage , I sent Lugh , Noah and Trec to take care of the left side of the map , before reuniting everyone so we can kill the left mamkute and recruit Zeiss. If it wasn't for the good ending I would have shot him with Bartre , Shanna traumatized me 

After some shopping , realizing that ocean seals aren't in the game , and that I could have used my Hero crest on Geese several chapters ago , I finally reunite everyone in the throne room. Roy and Wolt have a nice talk , Bartre hug his daughter , my two thieves empty Narcian's pockets : Finally , I ask the Wolter to Wolt all over him , adding an half Zephiel to his kill count , as he rightfully deserves. 

710022863_Capturedcran_20230111_185449.png.56d1b3434a19be664a03ce1d0530153c.png1291782845_Capturedcran_20230111_185523.png.d4712f50f12e873d7eb0274abcd2c1cb.png1214116363_Capturedcran_20230111_185816.png.27ffad30497ed5e32b5814fde2e1ffba.png580679099_Capturedcran_20230111_185929.png.e990c6ee36838da287fd3509c199c964.png

Overall , a chapter that was really fun to plan and very satisfying to complete. Lot of stuff happening every turn , splitting the army into several different groups to complete all the objectives , genuinely my favorite chapter so far.

X1O9ID8.png

I hate him but I also love him.

ZRmIUd9.pngAeXZu8V.png

Okay I hate him a bit more now.

19 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

+100.

I always hate the "Look how others have it worse you will be thankful"

Like bro, this just makes me hate the world more, as it's used as an aguement to stop trying making things better, for yourself and others.

I like the "how much better can we be" line of thought much more.

"People have it worse" and "Why should you care about the poor" are two sides of the same selfish coin.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

X1O9ID8.png

ZRmIUd9.pngAeXZu8V.png

Okay I hate him a bit more now.

I know I said the interview stated they added the gameplay features to appeal to the West, but now I wonder if the blatant cowboy stereotype was part of it too. lol

Since in the original context, this guy is doing the cowboy impersonation... in Japan. I mean, that is totally a thing that can happen, so yeah.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Spoiler

Now I'm imagining tiny Anna slaying her way through Somniel to take it's riches for her own and use them to forge her mercantile empire.

12 minutes ago, Loliko said:

My one worry going into the secret shop of this chapter is that I may be a bit low on gold , and Hugh is on the map ; Now I could do basic maths and planning so I would have enough to get all I need. Or I could save up some money.

681108044_Capturedcran_20230111_190923.png.df96eadc88e30bb38fe3f2a86c39eb1c.png

874002252_Capturedcran_20230111_191033.png.17b5cb9b80c4ac8331ed6996fe1d5503.png

RIP Canas's kid.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

X1O9ID8.png

Somehow I can believe this line coming from localised and Japanese Phoenix.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I know I said the interview stated they added the gameplay features to appeal to the West, but now I wonder if the blatant cowboy stereotype was part of it too. lol

Since in the original context, this guy is doing the cowboy impersonation... in Japan. I mean, that is totally a thing that can happen, so yeah.

See this is where the setting transition falls flat because while in Japan it'd be pretty weird to see a guy act like a stereotypical cowboy, in South Cal you'd see at least five guys who look and sound like this guy on public transit.

Hell I live in the Northwest and I've seen a few cowboys here and there.

15 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Now I'm imagining tiny Anna slaying her way through Somniel to take it's riches for her own and use them to forge her mercantile empire.