Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I can't let the only fellow Imoutoposter leave tho

💓

I can't deny that you made a convincing argument, but still...

Oh yeah, you were right

On 9/7/2022 at 11:36 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

real talk tho, i am quite curious where they are gonna take her after that

inb4 psycho

Now we know the kind of protagonist she is

Spoiler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fl9sgdnagAA9WhY?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXyW4sYacAEUWuE?format=png&name=900x900

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You fool, neither has games.

Just give Sony time. Also, wasn't GoW Ragnarok released last month or so?

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d3cb6d35-6082-47ac-93ee-2260fab7795a/d625zqi-2fbd0289-00a7-4c36-b011-e3abd50877b2.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QzY2I2ZDM1LTYwODItNDdhYy05M2VlLTIyNjBmYWI3Nzk1YVwvZDYyNXpxaS0yZmJkMDI4OS0wMGE3LTRjMzYtYjAxMS1lM2FiZDUwODc3YjIuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.6E1vCz-oVAOlCon_iDVyZM_pZQ_6XUMKpbQ3XQzirD4

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Contrary + Leaf Storm clears

Also, doggo version better

uHY6Eew.jpg

What is this, some kind of Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero?

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Should i write a big post to get Sing into a cursed series

Yes, make Sing a Sonic fan.

16 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Cope and seethe.

The Switch is black with red and blue halves, so I guess it would be

718Zygarde-Complete.png

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rip?

Knowing Ubisoft, maybe they think selling less than 5 million copies in a few months is a disappointment?

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yes, make Sing a Sonic fan.

I want to introduce him to Nep Nep Conquest ending

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If the preference wasn't noted as gameplay over story, I would've totally recommended again a SRW game.

Gameplay over Story is it?

Classic Ys time

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Switch is black with red and blue halves, so I guess it would be

718Zygarde-Complete.png

But that would mean the Switch never got its time on the spotlight and was soon forgotten

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Imoutos and Culture

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMP9lRgUMAA0Gvd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sauce

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

q2cna182gtaa1.png

Guys were really fast after the episode

18 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

What's this then?

Langrisser 4.

Out of the Langrisser games, it's the one who's core combat i dig the most, as it combines Langrisser's "Squad" system with a AT system.

You see, one of the problems i have with Langrisser 1/2 and let's not talk about the remakes, as these have even more problems, is how with each Character having units under their command can lead to the player having more than 25 units to control in their turn which can be a god damn chore (and is if you ask me).

Now combined with an AT system however, where each "Commander" gets a delay after actions (and in case of magic users, cast time + after cast delay) this might sound familiar to some people here, instead of controlling quadzillion units at once, you control 4 to 10 (a commander + Squad), then the enemy, then you again, etc. Depending on where your actions put you on the AT bar.  Stronger units or those with higher MoV (Cavs and fliers) get a higher delay, while footies and Mages usually have lower delay.

The 1 -> 8 and 1-> 15 you see on the top right is how many other units (yours and enemie's) will act before Mage-chan can act again. Thunder is small Aoe (1 Squad iirc) and thus doesn't have a long cast, while Tunderstorm can get a quarter of the map in it's AoE, but, well, 14 actions wait kek.

If i have one problem with the game...it's the damn UI. Sure, it's a 90s PS1 game, but even Mystery of the emblem had a better UI damn it kek.

Thus i want a remake. And a good one, not like L1/2 tyvm.

16 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Guys were really fast after the episode

Ok the Pizza one is extra funny XD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Feels like I've finally reached a point of slowdown in RF5. The Athol's End dungeon is punching back, I need to upgrade my equipment for once, defensively that is. Magical attacks rip through me no problem, too many enemies with them in a small area destroy me; offensively, the game still makes things way too easy. I saw in the volcano region the return of the Tides of Destiny Runey-type enemies, one of them dealt one-thousand damage in a single hit. I want to recruit it now, no matter the cost, ought to be a strong monster ally like they were in ToD.

Also I realized right away the volcano region remixed an old track, I didn't know which off the top of my head. Turned out it was this.:

Volcanic region getting an old summer dungeon's theme, it makes logical sense given volcanos = hot = summery in RF.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't know what Sfoglia looks like yet

sfogliatelle-01.jpg

Crisp and crunchy on the outside, loaded with cream (French or cannoli as you wish) on the inside. You could say she has a nice lobster tail.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'll note that Juniper being nonbinary isn't ever discussed in-game since I doubt anyone in Aionios even knows what pronouns are, if you wondered how the writing covers the topic. Juniper's VA is also nonbinary I believe.

Bolded, excellent! It's always better when you get hire IRL people who match the fictional character in a situation like this. Particularly in movies and television, but the same should be applicable to games.

As for it being completely background, that works. Not every story needs to talk about such things, it being so ordinary and accepted as to deserve no special mention is great (provided there is stuff in the greater entertainment medium beyond the single product that does give some attention to the matter).

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Then again that does exclude me from terrifying conceptually Pokemon Parasect...

Parasect isn't as bad as watching an animal documentary and getting to the part where you see real cordyceps doing their thing.🤢

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

36MxEi5.png

0uGMEU9.png

K3VJy8x.png

8 days.

We were so close.

Batten down the hatches Teehee.

https://media.tenor.com/Xl_1LZcZPOgAAAAC/close-the-hatch-joel-dawson.gif

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Langrisser 4.

Out of the Langrisser games, it's the one who's core combat i dig the most, as it combines Langrisser's "Squad" system with a AT system.

You see, one of the problems i have with Langrisser 1/2 and let's not talk about the remakes, as these have even more problems, is how with each Character having units under their command can lead to the player having more than 25 units to control in their turn which can be a god damn chore (and is if you ask me).

Now combined with an AT system however, where each "Commander" gets a delay after actions (and in case of magic users, cast time + after cast delay) this might sound familiar to some people here, instead of controlling quadzillion units at once, you control 4 to 10 (a commander + Squad), then the enemy, then you again, etc. Depending on where your actions put you on the AT bar.  Stronger units or those with higher MoV (Cavs and fliers) get a higher delay, while footies and Mages usually have lower delay.

The 1 -> 8 and 1-> 15 you see on the top right is how many other units (yours and enemie's) will act before Mage-chan can act again. Thunder is small Aoe (1 Squad iirc) and thus doesn't have a long cast, while Tunderstorm can get a quarter of the map in it's AoE, but, well, 14 actions wait kek.

If i have one problem with the game...it's the damn UI. Sure, it's a 90s PS1 game, but even Mystery of the emblem had a better UI damn it kek.

Thus i want a remake. And a good one, not like L1/2 tyvm.

Okay, so a system akin to FFT only with abilities actually affecting delay to a significant degree? Actual tradeoff for causing a large storm is nice.

I can see from this bit what you mean about the UI. It seems a bit messy here.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

sfogliatelle-01.jpg

Crisp and crunchy on the outside, loaded with cream (pastry or cannoli as you wish) on the inside.

Neat.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If you ask me, honestly, it's the best way to go about it. 

Better that than fumbling it, or wasting all/most of a character's precious development time on their queerness (or race or religion or whatever is their source of Otherness). And for a side character, that is especially true, for a main character ought to have no shortage of time to fit in other aspects of themselves. A supporting actor doesn't have that luxury. I would imagine they -the fictional being given a hypothetical awareness of the 4th wall- would rather like to focus on the things they enjoy or other things that are important to them instead.

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Neat.

What can I say, I've munched on a few before.😋 They might be ~90% cream by volume, but they're surprisingly filling. Now I'm in the mood to hit up the nearest bakery.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

abilities actually affecting delay to a significant degree?

Even how much you move does iirc. It's the reason why high mov units have sometimes to wait like 20 actions in a 12 unit map kek (Along their internal low recovery stat).

As for how it calculates the delay of squad, it takes the highest delay caused by a unit in the squad iirc, so trying to find a good balance within a squad is important or one unit can lead to the whole squad waiting longer then they should've been. If you ask me, i think it should've been tied to the commander only tbh since units do get massive buffs in their commander's AoE

mR4S6GY.png (in range of 7, Attack +16, Defence +7 and Magic res +11) 

So abusing a commander's low delay to move ahead with the squad isn't exactly feasible since these buffs are very important.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

XCI?

switch rom

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

switch rom

Ah, so it's when the info comes pouring in in full? Guess it's time to:

Artist's Incredible 13 Years Progress : pics

Actually, already saw that...

Spoiler

The past lord outfits are available to everyone, not just Alear. If there was any indication they weren't, it's gone now.

Ah... still, no amiibo. Maybe I could buy just the one. Even if it can't be rescanned per playthrough, I feel I can do with just the one costume ticket. Though for stuff like the music...

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

36MxEi5.png

I can't find a thread on Reddit. Was it there?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If you ask me, i think it should've been tied to the commander only tbh since units do get massive buffs in their commander's AoE

mR4S6GY.png (in range of 7, Attack +16, Defence +7 and Magic res +11) 

So abusing a commander's low delay to move ahead with the squad isn't exactly feasible since these buffs are very important.

Seems to me like that could lead to commanders with higher delay being benched rather quickly, thus encouraging you to consider the whole squad composition with that in mind as well.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

or wasting all/most of a character's precious development time on their queerness (or race or religion or whatever is their source of Otherness)

Yeah, just focusing on "the otherness" makes them feel less human and more like a trope, just like the many one note characters plaguing the genre.

Especially when not handled with care.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Romance bros...

JF17Jzo.png

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

36MxEi5.png

0uGMEU9.png

K3VJy8x.png

Do you want the XCI instead?

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I can't find a thread on Reddit. Was it there?

yeah it got deleted.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Seems to me like that could lead to commanders with higher delay being benched rather quickly

Well, the game doesn't have enough units ala FE to do that....

And thankfully, those with high delay are usually really strong (including MC)

eO8k3NA.jpg

>14th

Pain peko

However look at these stats and buffs