• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Pls

You are of the "Pls step on me Mommy" crowd

Which ranks very high on the degen scale

Specially that one, considering he can't stop calling her Momphir. XD

2 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ya that sure sounded like fun. Lol

For 11B I sent all my horsies for the sake of speed plus Wolt so it would be two guys bustin thru the top wall instead of just one. Then I had the problem of my guys killin all Klein’s guys on counters before I could get him turned. 

Same crap happened up north with whats-her-name when she come out. 

What is her actual name anyway? 🤔She’s called Thea on my game

Anyhoo then you got the fighters after Echidna all tryin to attack Larum before I could get Echidna joined...😳

So, now we down to just winding Wolt and Thea up a few levels do I can get them promoted 😎

Ah , I see that you are a fellow Wolter appreciator , I like that ! But yeah , keeping the pegasi and archers alive so you can get the elisian whip and orion's bolt is what make this chapter very hectic. The best option is to have an high defense unit wielding a 1 range weapon : archers will prioritise avoiding a counter attack , and the peg will chuck javelins over and over.

Echidna has such a cool design , if it wasn't for the fact that Bartre was there I would have really liked to recruit her. That , and I have no Heroes on my squad , Dieck is warming the bench and my armorslayer Ogier died near the end of his joining chapter.

Get that Wolt promoted , trust me , he's going to one round Zephiel with a brave bow.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look at that unit. Now that's what I call magic.

Ah yes, FE6's immune nomads. A comedy classic.

Fun fact , in one of my chapter 18 attempts , the very last nomad trooper to spawn as an ambush spawn managed to one round my Sophia from full health by : Getting the first hit , dodging the nosferatu , and then getting a 10% crit. I'm pretty sure it was a near perfect kill too. I suppose it's my fault for not giving her an extra angelic robe , she wasn't stealthy enough.

I like to think that nomads just ride donkeys instead of horses , because that's the only explanation Iv'e got on this mystery.

Also I managed to finish the chapter , I had to build a wall around Roy so he wouldn't get sniped on the throne , it's getting really silly. All I can picture now is Dougy giving him a piggyback ride through the battlefield.

I'm having some trouble with deployment slots now , I kinda had to field Igrene and Fae but the former has like two bows that are almost broken. I really wanted to deploy Zeiss in the previous map and was like "I can't , the law of sacae would kick his ass" and then it's only now that I remember the Delphi shield gathering dust in my convoy. I truly am a fantastic FE player :]

So when we’re all playing Engage here (or a good chunk of us, anyway) are we all going to collectively fall off the internet or do the whole “chapter we’re talking about, then spoiler box with info on said chapter” thing? Like

Chapter 69

Spoiler

Omg I can’t believe it’s revealed that Alear’s deadbeat dad actually came back with the milk 10/10

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

L

anyway gameplay difficulty stuff

Hide contents

The difference between Boss Ivy Normal and Hard is

Str +5, Mag +1, Spd + 2, Def + 1, some Hit/avo bonus and a skill. The Str bonus is probably make her more effective at using physical weapons instead of being primarly magic.

I like this. I quite like this. This is very Fates like

Come on Maddening don't disappoint me

Spoiler

But the difference between maddening and hard though—

actually, do we know that maddening is available from the beginning in this game?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh boy.

And what's wrong with that, exactly? Can't a guy appreciate a rare character?

Oh yes, I would never shame someone for “appreciating” a character.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Quotes three times, doesn't elaborate further

vegeta-dragonballsuper.gif

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So when we’re all playing Engage here (or a good chunk of us, anyway) are we all going to collectively fall off the internet or do the whole “chapter we’re talking about, then spoiler box with info on said chapter” thing? Like

Chapter 69

Hide contents

Omg I can’t believe it’s revealed that Alear’s deadbeat dad actually came back with the milk 10/10

All I know is that I may not need to, since rarely anything I post regarding my playthroughs (or even my fanfics for that matter) of anything receives a blip in the radar.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I just went into the flair selector so I could add Garon to my reddit account for my four yearly posts at the FE subreddit.

Frost is missing. Like, there's a Frost flair, I have it, but he's not in the selector. If I change my flair, I can never get Frost back.

Good job, guys.

Anyway, I did a thing. Shrimpy already saw it, but now I'm sharing it with you lot.

It's not spoilers, but it should be.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Pls

You are of the "Pls step on me Mommy" crowd

Which ranks very high on the degen scale

Yes, well, I am capable of looking at a woman and not going awooga, thank you very much. She has all the looks of being too badass to be lewded. Leave me alone.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Specially that one, considering he can't stop calling her Momphir. XD

I've been calling him Vandad for ages what are you even on about now

1 minute ago, Loliko said:

Fun fact , in one of my chapter 18 attempts , the very last nomad trooper to spawn as an ambush spawn managed to one round my Sophia from full health by : Getting the first hit , dodging the nosferatu , and then getting a 10% crit. I'm pretty sure it was a near perfect kill too. I suppose it's my fault for not giving her an extra angelic robe , she wasn't stealthy enough.

All of the robes. All of them. Until she engulfts the world whole.

I like to think that nomads just ride donkeys instead of horses , because that's the only explanation Iv'e got on this mystery.

Hey that's actually a great explanation lol

Also I managed to finish the chapter , I had to build a wall around Roy so he wouldn't get sniped on the throne , it's getting really silly. All I can picture now is Dougy giving him a piggyback ride through the battlefield.

His loyalty to the king won't allow him to fall nor falter. He must survive and win the war so that he may go back to stand next to the king.

I'm having some trouble with deployment slots now , I kinda had to field Igrene and Fae but the former has like two bows that are almost broken. I really wanted to deploy Zeiss in the previous map and was like "I can't , the law of sacae would kick his ass" and then it's only now that I remember the Delphi shield gathering dust in my convoy. I truly am a fantastic FE player :]

R.I.P. Zeiss. Fallen to poor preparations.

Just now, Sooks said:

Chapter 69

Hide contents

I'm doing the box thing. It's your responsibility to resist.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh yes, I would never shame someone for “appreciating” a character.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, well, I am capable of looking at a woman and not going awooga, thank you very much. She has all the looks of being too badass to be lewded. Leave me alone.

That you're equal opportinuty?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey that's actually a great explanation lol

I mean, don't we see those jumps they can make? Are they even horses or just take the shape of one...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Spoiler

But the difference between maddening and hard though—

we don't know yet, but 

Spoiler

The difference between normal and hard gives me hope as it very reminds me of the differences in Fates

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

do we know that maddening is available from the beginning in this game?

yes, it is 😄

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am capable of looking at a woman and not going awooga, thank you very much. She has all the looks of being too badass to be lewded.

"Momphir"

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That you're equal opportinuty?

Dammit, you all. Go and annoy Wraith.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, don't we see those jumps they can make? Are they even horses or just take the shape of one...

They're cousins of Donkey Kong.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ahahahaha! Oh you marvelous bastard. I can't believe you took my utterly incomprehensible response and used it against me.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"Momphir"

I already addressed this!

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just remember to keep it short like that. "Vandaddy" would be a risky choice of phrasing.😜

---

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the enclosed spoilers-heavy "conversation" here. For me, it's like strolling through a ninja convention, and everybody ninjutsus themselves into the unseen shadows when they want to want to converse with each other, b/c ninjas.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just remember to keep it short like that. "Vandaddy" would be a risky choice of phrasing.😜

And yet I'm only calling her "Mom" and people are bullying me for it. Alas...

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the enclosed* spoilers-heavy "conversation" here.

* May contain enclosed instruction books

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the enclosed spoilers-heavy "conversation" here. For me, it's like strolling through a ninja convention, and everybody ninjutsus themselves into the unseen shadows when they want to want to converse with each other, b/c ninjas.😛

nin-nin-natsu.gif

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I already addressed this!

not a believeable arguement

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rubenio’s true feelings:

My, there are so many spoiler tags now that I have no idea what anyone's talking about anymore. I appreciate that people are using spoiler tags, at least.

JpaDdQR.jpg

Having an injury tended to by Takamiya has awakened... feelings in Iori.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly, I am a bit surprised Scizor didn't make the list (or Heracross), but there are some great bug types choices in here, big fan of Volcarona making the list.

There are plenty of other Bug-types I considered including, and eventually I settled on those six. Having Volcarona was partially the reason I picked Bug in the first place (I could've chose Fire, but Bug seemed more unconventional). Maybe I should've included Tera Electric Air Balloon Shedinja...

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now imagine if the whole thread was discussing 13 Sentinels haha.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe I should've included Tera Electric Air Balloon Shedinja...

The funny

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

not a believeable arguement

Says who?! You're the biggest weaboo I know, what do you know?!

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Rubenio’s true feelings:

Not you too, Wraith. Don't pick this fight.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

My, there are so many spoiler tags now that I have no idea what anyone's talking about anymore. I appreciate that people are using spoiler tags, at least.

JpaDdQR.jpg

Having an injury tended to by Takamiya has awakened... feelings in Iori.

Points out people talking in spoilers.

Doesn't use spoilers for Literally Everything Is A Spoiler: The Game.

No but seriously where the fuck is the spoiler here

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Doesn't use spoilers for Literally Everything Is A Spoiler: The Game.

No but seriously where the fuck is the spoiler here

They horribly exaggerate this

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now imagine if the whole thread was discussing 13 Sentinels haha.

I haven't used my Switch in a while, and I've been considering a comment I read once about why the Switch is a great VN machine. Being lightweight and portable, you can read a chapter before bed, and then put the system and yourself to sleep in an instant.

Thus, I've been thinking about doing that with 13 Sentinels. I do consider myself more of a night person (I usually don't get up until like 8:20 nowadays, yay(?) not having a life!). Yet I try as is to avoid playing games where I want to pay close attention to the story at night. Really, most of my night owlishness right now is spent on SF, and I don't think I can stay up to like 1-2 AM the way I did in college which means I'm getting old😬. However, we're only talking like the hours of 8-11 for nighttime play, not truly late by any means. That, and I might be underestimating the potency of the Switch's wonderful electronic blue light for keeping myself fully aware.

...I seriously overthink playing games to the point of playlog paralysis, and often spending waaaaaaay more time listening to video game music than playing games on a given day.🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️ *Hari-Hara- Second Movement plays in the background*

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And that's why i can see your degen levels from your words alone

And your degen levels are very high indeed umu umu

Don't umu me, I'll kill you.

16 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

What are you implying, old timer?

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They horribly exaggerate this

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf there is reason: game's non-linear so you have no way of knowing where someone else is at.

That's not incompatible with what Sooks says. It's one thing to be careful about plot points because due to the non-linear nature of the story, what's an early plot point for someone could be the very last thing someone else sees.

That's different from "any screenshot is a spoiler, any text is a spoiler, any synopsis is a spoiler, the existence of characters is a spoiler, just trust me bro it good."