Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

nero-nero-claudius.gif

And I suppose I am meant to understand what you're getting at?

...Oh, screw you, I hate that I've been around you long enough to understand the correlation.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

In Ruben's defense,

I'm sure you're listening to this right now.😝

About time someone came to my defense. Thanks, pal!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All of the robes. All of them. Until she engulfts the world whole.

Hey that's actually a great explanation lol

His loyalty to the king won't allow him to fall nor falter. He must survive and win the war so that he may go back to stand next to the king.

R.I.P. Zeiss. Fallen to poor preparations.

It's like a carnivorous plant , she might look innofensive but lower your guard and she will trap you with one of her robes and nosferatu you over and over.

Actually my Zeiss is still alive , it's just that he's been needlessly warming the bench for a while. Now I have another unit to do babying for , he'll be able to learn from Sophia. I also wanted to add him because with him , Cath , and Fir , you get all of Bartre's blood related and adopted kids ! A big family reunion !

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

About time someone came to my defense. Thanks, pal!

You're welcome! I'll be on your side here.

I'm the one who has been posting about a game part dating-sim of late, so I'm presently the leading degen. I shall defend the innocent!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In Ruben's defense,

I'm sure you're listening to this right now.😝

No I'm actually listening to this:

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're welcome! I'll be on your side here.

I'm the one who has been posting about a game part dating-sim of late, so I'm presently the leading degen. I shall defend the innocent!

Are you saying the degens must stick together?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Are you saying the degens must stick together?

If that happens, you're not degen. Because that only accidentally happens if you cluck a certain way, and if you cluck, you're no longer a virgin nerd, and that means you can't be a degen.

Nope! All I means is that, as "night", I feel compelled to defend that which is veritably "day" yet is being falsely called night. To maintain the clarity of Truth, such an obligation is necessary.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf there is reason: game's non-linear so you have no way of knowing where someone else is at.

Well yes and I agree with that, be very careful about the plot.

But that doesn’t justify the lack of synopses and people going “I can’t say anything about it, it’s good bro, trust me”

…uh, supposedly, anyway.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not incompatible with what Sooks says. It's one thing to be careful about plot points because due to the non-linear nature of the story, what's an early plot point for someone could be the very last thing someone else sees.

That's different from "any screenshot is a spoiler, any text is a spoiler, any synopsis is a spoiler, the existence of characters is a spoiler, just trust me bro it good."

Yeah.

Since you’re right about the game, you should go ahead and play it.

Just now, Benice said:

I feel like there were some things I was supposed to reply to here, but I can't remember what they were...

Tfw you didn’t read the Engage spoilers but the universe lets you know you should be pleased anyway.

You will be very pleased, Benice.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Tfw you didn’t read the Engage spoilers but the universe lets you know you should be pleased anyway.

You will be very pleased, Benice.

Yay, I think?

The only problem is I think I won't be able to play Engage for a long time...

Points out people talking in spoilers.

Doesn't use spoilers for Literally Everything Is A Spoiler: The Game.

I take care to spoiler tag plot points, but I don't feel the need to do so for funny out-of-context lines. And the game people are talking about isn't even out yet.

No but seriously where the fuck is the spoiler here

That Iori has a bisexual awakening. This is the fourth person she's been attracted to, otome protagonist indeed.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I haven't used my Switch in a while, and I've been considering a comment I read once about why the Switch is a great VN machine. Being lightweight and portable, you can read a chapter before bed, and then put the system and yourself to sleep in an instant.

The Switch is good because you don't have to commit to any game time, since you can start and stop whenever you want. It's good for a game like 13 Sentinels in particular, considering that the story is neatly divided among the characters so there are natural stopping points.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I seriously overthink playing games to the point of playlog paralysis

The only thing I overthink is planning when to buy each Trails game.

That's not incompatible with what Sooks says. It's one thing to be careful about plot points because due to the non-linear nature of the story, what's an early plot point for someone could be the very last thing someone else sees.

There is a general order you have to do things in, since each route has roadblocks that require you to do something else before you can continue. One story in particular requires that you complete 80% of every other story before you can progress past the prologue, so anything revealed there is definitely a late-game plot point. Not that I'd know what's revealed there yet, since I'm still not even halfway through the story.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I take care to spoiler tag plot points, but I don't feel the need to do so for funny out-of-context lines. And the game people are talking about isn't even out yet.

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. I just find it funny how, after all the talk about how secretive and spoilerific this game is, you come here and treat it like any old game.

That Iori has a bisexual awakening. This is the fourth person she's been attracted to, otome protagonist indeed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME

13 Sentinels is ruined now.

The Switch is good because you don't have to commit to any game time, since you can start and stop whenever you want. It's good for a game like 13 Sentinels in particular, considering that the story is neatly divided among the characters so there are natural stopping points.

Meanwhile me: Has only ever played the Switch on handheld mode once. Promised never to do it again because the screen is tiny and hurts my shortsighted eyes.

There is a general order you have to do things in, since each route has roadblocks that require you to do something else before you can continue. One story in particular requires that you complete 80% of every other story before you can progress past the prologue, so anything revealed there is definitely a late-game plot point. Not that I'd know what's revealed there yet, since I'm still not even halfway through the story.

...Oh.

Well, that's... a little underwhelming. Just a little, after hearing so much about the game's ultra non-linear nature.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rubenio’s emotional turmoil:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

44 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Not that I'd know what's revealed there yet, since I'm still not even halfway through the story.

It’s revealed that Gouto is actually the one Iori chooses to romance on the night of the final battle.

Oh shit where’s the spoiler tag

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The girl she’s attracted to at this point in time talks constantly about how she’s going to kick everyone’s ass and shares a VA with Catherine Three Houses.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Oh.

Well, that's... a little underwhelming. Just a little, after hearing so much about the game's ultra non-linear nature.

It’s just one story.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The girl she’s attracted to at this point in time talks constantly about how she’s going to kick everyone’s ass and shares a VA with Catherine Three Houses.

Game is fixed.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s revealed that Gouto is actually the one Iori chooses to romance on the night of the final battle.

Gouto-Soul-Hackers.png

I won't judge if she's in love with a 1930s talking cat.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And so the veil of mystique is withdrawn.

Turns out the game is actually a dead tree with three pieces of cardboard set up around it and a hole in the ground in front of the tree emitting toxic gas b/c an underground coal mine caught fire and will continuing burning for the next 150 years. The majestic awe of 13 Sentinels is nothing more than hallucinations from the vapors.

Meanwhile me: Has only ever played the Switch on handheld mode once. Promised never to do it again because the screen is tiny and hurts my shortsighted eyes.

Do you mean farsighted? Since that's the term for someone who can see alright at a distance, but struggles up close. 

The last time I played docked it was for like 10 minutes because I felt obligated to in order to "properly" take in the grand beauty of a game. Otherwise I play undocked, a bigger screen doesn't do me much good if it's so much further away.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The Bedrock fight is hella cool

Bedrock's battle theme is, like, top 2 in a game filled with absolutely insane music. And the battle itself was one of my favorites too. Definitely one of the game's highlights.

You're not doing it right if you don't deploy Mario, Luigi and Peach for this one.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What was that about "least degen"?

I never said least degen, I said below average degen.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Turns out the game is actually a dead tree with three pieces of cardboard set up around it and a hole in the ground in front of the tree emitting toxic gas b/c an underground coal mine caught fire and will continuing burning for the next 150 years. The majestic awe of 13 Sentinels is nothing more than hallucinations from the vapors.

I can't believe 13 Sentinels was the cake all along.

Do you mean farsighted? Since that's the term for someone who can see alright at a distance, but struggles up close. 

Oh no, I mean shortsighted. I can't see far. In truth, it probably has nothing to do with this, I just can't handle tiny screens very well. They make my eyes sore and teary.

The last time I played docked it was for like 10 minutes because I felt obligated to in order to "properly" take in the grand beauty of a game. Otherwise I play undocked, a bigger screen doesn't do me much good if it's so much further away.

Fair enough! Having more options is a good thing, even if some people will only use one or the other.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Silent Hill is in 13 Sentinels?