• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

pirates-caribbean-code.gif

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

They really need quality over quantity, not the other way around.

I mean, i agree, and a yearly release isn't inherently wrong, but not wanting people to forget about it like......idk makes me feel like you aren't that confident in them. 

It could also mean that Falcom does Trails so much to the point where not doing it could have financial repercussions for them.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe that's the same composer as Octopath Traveler? Nikishi's his name, I believe.

Nope, Bravely Default is Revo, but not Bravely Second (Ryo) which fans complained about, so it went back to Revo for BDII.

However Bravely and Octopath do share Tomoya Asano and Masashi Takahashi as producers- "Team Asano". So the two series do share a measure of developmental linkage. Both series do make a turn-based class-based appeal to the 16-bit days of JRPGs in their own way (Brave/Default vs. Boost & Break). Bravely has more Final Fantasy DNA in it terms of story. While Octopath has the narrative genes of SaGa (1992's Romancing SaGa- 8 heroes with their own tales tied to an overarching story), yet without its experimental "no EXP, stats randomly go up as you use them more" progression system.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But what does it say about the confidence in your series if "we have to put out a new one quickly or people will forget".

Falcom is a pharaoh that is very clinically depressed and concerned about the whole "will live for eternity only if my name is forever remembered" thing. Their desire for ever more monuments to be remembered by leads them to build in mud-brick for expediency, knowing painfully well that such a material will not last for eternity.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i agree, and a yearly release isn't inherently wrong, but not wanting people to forget about it like......idk makes me feel like you aren't that confident in them. 

He just doesn't want people to... forget him.

Maybe Kondo's just passionate about the series but that's not as funny as DON'T FORGET ME

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-02-19-08-16-35-98_40deb4

Oh man, West actually has time to catch up lol.

But what does it say about the confidence in your series if "we have to put out a new one quickly or people will forget".

Shrimp-kun played the Cold Steel games once, however, he never came back:

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Clearly FE6 reference

I think it's just a straight-up glitch cause Etie had the Byleth thing of being immune to crits.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Falcom is a pharaoh that is very clinically depressed and concerned about the whole "will live for eternity only if my name is forever remembered" thing. Their desire for ever more monuments to be remembered by leads them to build in mud-brick for expediency, knowing painfully well that such a material will not last for eternity.

And this is why the overarching Trails storyline will remain at 70% completion. So they can keep making more. Like One Piece.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

He just doesn't want people to... forget him.

I can't believe Kondo was Padraig all along.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also, i think confirmed as much on one of the interviews. They need yearly releases

Crazy that Gust was in a similar position and now they aren't.

But like when Gust confirmed that back then, they were transparent about it. And Atelier games generally don't suffer from the usual "yearly release" syndrome. I mean, maybe a bit in regards to assets but there's like a genuine noticable uptick in quality with like each game most of the time.

I am gonna try something funny

>Sigurd!Celine for Levin Sword override

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like when Gust confirmed that back then, they were transparent about it

And got bought by KT. They benefitted greatly from it, but that isn't always the case and Falcom doesn't seem willing to do something similar

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And got bought by KT

In 2011. The interview where Gust had confirmed their financial struggles was when Sophie came out in 2016.

Although Sophie hit big in Japan, not to the extent of Ryza, but enough that they began to climb out perhaps. Ironically Sophie 1 is one of my least favorite games in the series lmao.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, finally. The guy fixed it.

NICE

Castti better

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

ENGAGE MOMENT

Every time. It transcends the 0% crit.

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am gonna try something funny

>Sigurd!Celine for Levin Sword override

I did something similar with Lucina for Levin Sword All for One for one map.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Must you always be so confrontational, Sooks? Which one of them has a beard, Sooks? Which is it, huh, Sooks?

Get back to me after I play her story, she’s having a bit of trouble remembering if she had a beard phase before or not.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage saved me from Falcom hell

I can’t even begin to imagine what sweet nothings Engage must’ve whispered into your ears Shrimp-kun, but I have a sneaking suspicion:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

♫ LONELY WAY この僕の
LONELY WAY 思うまま
走れメロスのように
LONELY WAY 行き先は
LONELY WAY 遥か彼方の
夢を探して 
Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

did something similar with Lucina for Levin Sword All for One for one map.

Tmw you realise All for One is kinda bad. 

Which is too bad of course, seeing as Lucina is my fav.