Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You lose nothing by taking the gamble on however many 80s when the attack naturally sets itself up against bosses and the one sword attack just does regular damage.

I mean maybe if you were going to double but lmao, doubling Engage bosses.

At that point, Bonded Shield to abuse the AI is much better, and a higher % chance at base. I mean, if the boss is the last enemy then they simply cant win in that situation.

Bonded Shield > All for One any time imo.

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

At that point, Bonded Shield to abuse the AI is much better, and a higher % chance at base.

Aren’t they both 80? And anyway, it depends on the situation.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean, if the boss is the last enemy then they simply cant win in that situation.

They absolutely can in a game where any unit loss is effectively a win for the boss.

Also, now I get why they looked small.

The manga begins when Clanne and Framme first became stewards... when they were around 12 years old. Going by the math done in the reddit thread taking the Day X labels.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

RDT_20230219_1948488916887479230871016.j

Say it with me everybody.

SWEET HOME ALABAMA

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

But the only years since 1997 to not have any Atelier game released were 1999, 2000, 2018, and 2021. And 2019 had two games.

hero

Crossover game released for the 20th anniversary. That said, it is considered a spin-off, so it's not like Engage which is mainline. It also doesn't play like Atelier games usually do. Nelke is canon too, as that world was retroactively added in the DX version of Lydie & Suelle, which means Atelier multiverse is real (and Nelke states that she met the future versions of Lydie and Suelle).

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I really want to play it, believe me, but I'm waiting for things to cool down in my life before putting my time into another huge time sink of a game.

Yeah everything else you're playing will breeze through in comparison. Best to make time for it when you can.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Guess I'll be the last one here to play Xenoblade, huh

But you've played Xenoblade X.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, now I get why they looked small.

The manga begins when Clanne and Framme first became stewards... when they were around 12 years old. Going by the math done in the reddit thread taking the Day X labels.

I wonder if the manga would expand on things. It might. We might even get this neat little thing called worldbuilding.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

SWEET HOME JUGDRAL

I mean, won't stop everyone...

Also, if it's not AlcrystxLapis, then you're doing it wrong anyway.

But you've played Xenoblade X.

Not the main ones, though. Which reminds, I still even haven't finished it X even.

I wonder if the manga would expand on things. It might. We might even get this neat little thing called worldbuilding.

Hopefully.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Aren’t they both 80? And anyway, it depends on the situation.

I mean, how many enemy attacks do you take per turn? The odds of that vs a one shot chance or much more reliable is what i meant.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They absolutely can in a game where any unit loss is effectively a win for the boss.

Isn't that kinda on the player for poor setup, then?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Put it in spoiler tab?

But if it's in a spoiler tag, how can I use it as a reaction?

...Although, now Sooks can know what it's like to specifically be told not to look at a spoiler. Hmm...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No… Castti…?

Sure she's an amnesiac with a probably dark past, but have you considered "fight humans with giant iguana"? And she likes meat, like Timerra.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Anyway, what made you go Ochette?

I initially suggested it because funny Rixia jokes, but I came to like the idea unironically because I want to catch Legendary Pokémon. My game schedule for the next few months is pretty busy so I probably won't get Octopath Traveler II anytime soon... we'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They should’ve called her Oastti.

You mean Oatchi, the dog from Pikmin?

Pikmin_4_oatchi_screenshot.jpg

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, the text size in that image is basically the same text size as in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Crossover game released for the 20th anniversary. That said, it is considered a spin-off, so it's not like Engage which is mainline. It also doesn't play like Atelier games usually do. Nelke is canon too, as that world was retroactively added in the DX version of Lydie & Suelle, which means Atelier multiverse is real (and Nelke states that she met the future versions of Lydie and Suelle).

Curses, Wikipedia has failed me.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, if it's not AlcrystxLapis, then you're doing it wrong anyway.

TRUE

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Which reminds, I still even haven't finished it X even.

That's because Xenoblade X never ends.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully.

Honestly wouldn't be the first time an FE plot is better in manga version.

>Grim Guardians pre-load on Switch

>Storage size: 666 MB

Either this is intentional or it's a coincidence but that got a chuckle out of me.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Curses, Wikipedia has failed me.

Nah cause again, Nelke isn't considered mainline.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Gaiden novelization definitely took advantage the game was barebones, that's for sure.

It was surprisingly brutal. Kliff fucking dies and then Alm puts Desaix's head on a pike.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Guess I'll be the last one here to play Xenoblade, huh.

What if I’m never playing Xenoblade?

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230219_1948488916887479230871016.j

SWEET HOME ALABAMA

This is what happens when you don’t ship Alcryst x Celine.

Also, what’s the text say? Are they cousins or something?

51 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I mean, how many enemy attacks do you take per turn? The odds of that vs a one shot chance or much more reliable is what i meant.

You’re much more likely to die from a missed guard than a missed attack you won’t get countered on.

51 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Isn't that kinda on the player for poor setup, then?

Yes, which is why you should set up better with things like All for One.

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But if it's in a spoiler tag, how can I use it as a reaction?

...Although, now Sooks can know what it's like to specifically be told not to look at a spoiler. Hmm...

I have bad news: I… know all the spoiler characters in Engage. Although I guess I don’t know which of the two big spoilers is last.

And hey, what’s wrong with helpful directions having your name on it just for you?

Sure she's an amnesiac with a probably dark past, but have you considered "fight humans with giant iguana"? And she likes meat, like Timerra.

I’m sure Castti is enough of a fan of meat. And have you considered “fight humans with weeds you found on the ground”?

I initially suggested it because funny Rixia jokes, but I came to like the idea unironically because I want to catch Legendary Pokémon. My game schedule for the next few months is pretty busy so I probably won't get Octopath Traveler II anytime soon... we'll see what happens.

Busy? What could be more important than Castti?

Anyway, if you commit to Ochette, you have to do Ochette -> Castti -> Throné -> Osvald -> Partitio -> Agnea -> Temenos -> Hikari. Be the chosen one, where I could not.

Edited by Sooks

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’re much more likely to die from a missed guard than a missed attack you won’t get countered on.

What is the reward generally speaking? Taking out 1 unit on average is far from good i think.

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, which is why you should set up better with things like All for One.

Im pretty sure there are far better choices than grouping everyone in an area to kill one enemy only to be killed on EP.

Edited by Lightcosmo

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

What is the reward generally speaking? Taking out 1 unit on average is far from good i think.

Not when bosses are insanely hard to kill, at least on maddening.

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Im pretty sure there are far better choices than grouping everyone in an area to kill one enemy only to be killed on EP.

You won’t be killed on EP if you kill the enemy tho.

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

And thats IF you have a dragon as the main, if not, every attack sans the last one could outright miss, and that planning was useless.

Doesn’t that apply to every attack below 100%? And a chain attack or two missing isn’t an instant game over, or anywhere close to it, so I think it’s okay.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not when bosses are insanely hard to kill, at least on maddening.

What about on non-bosses though? 

You won’t be killed on EP if you kill the enemy tho

See when RNG is BS like Engage, IF isnt worth it I overall.

Doesn’t that apply to every attack below 100%? And a chain attack or two missing isn’t an instant game over, or anywhere close to it, so I think it’s okay.

Yes, which is why minimizing risk is so important. Killing a deadly enemy could very stop a game over from happening.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Why Popo? What's the Wood Mana doing repping Iris here? He isn't even playable.

So here's the total list of legacy characters in the game (quite a lot). The titular alchemists will be bolded

Salburg

• Marie
  • Elie
  • Enderk
  • Lilie

Gamnad

• Judith
  • Viorate
  • Bartholemous

Iris 

• Klein
  • Lita
  • Norn
  • Felt
  • Viese 
  • Edge
  • Iris

Mana Khemia

• Vayne
  • Razeluxe
  • Pepperoncio
  • Ulrika

Arland

• Rorona
  • Totori
  • Meruru
  • Sterk

Dusk

• Ayesha
  • Escha
  • Logy
  • Shalliestera
  • Shallote

Mysterious

• Sophie
  • Firis
  • Lydie
  • Suelle

So Dusk and Mysterious are completely represented by each of the protagonists while Arland and everything before it has a few supporting characters. In addition, the Iris fairy, Pamela and Hagel also show up, the latter two because they're recurring probably. The game is a town sim RPG and a lot of the inhabitants are also just characters from across the series, though they only pulled up to Iris in that regard.

For the Salburg and Gramnad characters, this was the first game in which they appear worldwide. Lilie and all of Gramnad in particular lack fan-translations.

So as you can see, unlike Engage, this is very much an Atelier All-Stars game that just happens to have a few OCs.

It's a shame this game predates Lulua, i would've loved to see younger Rorona react to meeting her future (adopted) daughter (note: i have not played Nelke).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What if I’m never playing Xenoblade?

d3d.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

What about on non-bosses though?

If you happen to end up in a position where it can delete an enemy, like a scenario when a lot of enemies are close together and your army naturally ends up that way, cool, go for it. If not, oh well, you have options.

See when RNG is BS like Engage, IF isnt worth it I overall.

Is there something about RNG in Engage that makes it BS? I mean I get hit with a lot of low% crits but…

Yes, which is why minimizing risk is so important. Killing a deadly enemy could very stop a game over from happening.

Which All for One could help with, if you end up in a position where it’s useful.