Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They also won in the third book. But the relevancy had indeed died down.

You could tell when in the second book, Dumbledore just outright grants Harry and Ron 400 points because of the whole "went into the Chamber". And in the third book, it was the Quidditch Cup that got the priority. And because those points are also House Points, they won the House Cup by proxy.

Quidditch was also a thing that stopped mattering after like the third book. The fourth book was the tournament arc so nobody cares about Quidditch. Fifth book Quidditch was banned by the bitch and by the sixth book, the school really didn't matter.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Quidditch was also a thing that stopped mattering after like the third book. The fourth book was the tournament arc so nobody cares about Quidditch. Fifth book Quidditch was banned by the bitch and by the sixth book, the school really didn't matter.

Which was deliberate. Rowling stated she would come to hate writing the matches. Hence why the Quidditch Cup got its last hurrah of attention in Prisoner of Azkaban, and afterwards there'd always come up something to avoid them. Though as it stands, that happened in every book. Harry being unable to play the last match in the first book, Quidditch being cancelled in the second and fourth, Grawp being introduced when a match was happening in the fifth, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

JK Rowling hates Italians, Corsicans  and Greeks specifically.

Dang, she didn't have to do them like that...

Edited by Benice

So I miss the first bus, like I literally see it leave as I arrive to the stop. So I wait for the second bus. Second bus arrives and switches to out of service. I am going to end it all.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So I miss the first bus, like I literally see it leave as I arrive to the stop. So I wait for the second bus. Second bus arrives and switches to out of service. I am going to end it all.

Next bus be like:

The Days of the Week as Told by SpongeBob

Edited by Acacia Sgt

27 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So, CS arc then? Lmao

School mattering less is a good thing lmao.

Meanwhile My Hero Academia spent like five seasons on "but the school" even though they should've graduated early long before that.

Okay, so I might actually buy Octopath 2 at launch (the reviews say it’s just Octopath 1 again but improved where it needed to be, and the demo was good), get a nice, long play through out of that, and then go back to Engage. And likely restart my Engage play through from the beginning, but finish it this time. Castti such a good healer she’ll heal my motivation to play Engage.

Except, I might possibly have to go a tiny bit without playing a little bit into March again. But Octopath should be much easier to just hop into with simpler gameplay, so it should be fine, right? Right?

Even then, it would be a day without playing, which is already unlikely, unless unforeseen circumstances pop up.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Prisoner feels like filler, with little to no stakes

Yes.

…well, kind of. For the books anyway. Movies, idk.

and Goblet feels like it's missing something, kinda rushed. I'm mixed on it because I really like tournament arcs.

It’s because they cut out 4/5ths of the book. Which you should read, it’s the best one.

Is the pacing good?

iirc it’s shit.

Now that we're at it, how do you rank every movie?

I… don’t know. For the books it’s an easy 4 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 6 but the movies just aren’t as memorable.

I think the 5th movie is the best one? And the 6th is the worst one. 4 is just sad, and I think 7 and 8 are probably pretty good? 1-3 are decent but CHILD ACTING

The moment Prisoner introduced time travel to the franchise is where I thought the series jumped the shark.

This gets somewhat retconned later.

In… the books, anyway. They might’ve cut it from the movies.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I liked 2>1>3, and then the rest were too scary for me...

So true, Harry “flirting” with Cho is peak horror film writing.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Also wait why do Italy, Corsica and Greece specifically have no school-

JK was pissed off at the Greeks for helping to bring about Percy Jackson which somewhat stole her thunder.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I will explain to you why you're wrong... eventually.

I’ll help you, the explanation is Altina and Jusis. However…

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Wait, does this mean Timerra bad too?

Timerra is a Cold Steel character?

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Time for ch.10 maddening

Puss.mp4

Good luck.

If you win, you’re a true pro gamer. And wow, you’re going fast.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

They canceled it in the fourth book (because tournament). I remember it getting quite a bit of page time in the 6th book tho… or at least, stuff related to it.

37 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So, CS arc then? Lmao

What does matter in CS?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

School mattering less is a good thing lmao.

Meanwhile My Hero Academia spent like five seasons on "but the school" even though they should've graduated early long before that.

So how much does school matter in Persona 5? Asking for a friend.

6 hours ago, ping said:

and our heroes bravely fight to protect the status quo.

I was reminded in Fantastic Beasts 2 where Grindelwald's motivation for wanting to take over the world is because.....he saw the future and saw the atrocities of WW2. This man shows his vision to a room full of a people, including the heroes, and shows them how fucked up the next two decades are. Our heroes decide "but Grindelwald bad tho". And like, he is, but Rowling was smoking the biggest pot that day because how do you make a terrorist villain and decide their motivation is that they want to stop Hitler? Because that puts the heroes in a position where they willingly allow WW2.

And then that new Hogwarts game is about stopping a slave rebellion. Harry Potter as a whole really is about keeping the status quo, which wouldn't be bad if said status quo wasn't so fucked up.

Meanwhile chad king Percy Jackson walks up to the Olympian council, calls all the gods other than his father shit and forces them to do better.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So how much does school matter in Persona 5?

Too much. It matters too much.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was reminded in Fantastic Beasts 2 where Grindelwald's motivation for wanting to take over the world is because.....he saw the future and saw the atrocities of WW2. This man shows his vision to a room full of a people, including the heroes, and shows them how fucked up the next two decades are. Our heroes decide "but Grindelwald bad tho". And like, he is, but Rowling was smoking the biggest pot that day because how do you make a terrorist villain and decide their motivation is that they want to stop Hitler? Because that puts the heroes in a position where they willingly allow WW2.

To be fair, Grindewald's motivation is to enslave the muggles, after most likely pruning their numbers first. The whole "show the future horrors of World War II" is to convince the wizards that "if left alone, muggles will destroy each other and our world, see how inferior they are to us?" Grindelward was basically spouting the Magical Man's Burden. That muggles are savages that need to be kept in check by the superior Aryan Magical race. He wasn't going to stop Hitler. Heck, the supplemental material, prior to the movies at least, had it he was using Hitler for his plans.

It brings to mind the wording he used to sway Queenie to his side, exploiting the fears she had about her relationship with Jabob. I don't remember the exact wording, but he pretty much was telling her she could "do whatever she wants with her muggle pet", basically. 

I'll admit I don't know what went down in the third movie of FB's, if they were actually retconning his actual motivations, but the point is that Grindelwald was pro Magic, in contrast to Voldemort spouting pro Blood Purity. That's why he had to be stopped.

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good luck.

ty ty

53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you win, you’re a true pro gamer.

I did it. It was tough.

I don't know exactly what's the difference is here between maddening and hard, but it was quite a bit harder. And i finally found use for Leif's Quadruple hit...

Buffs and debuffs stack with single attack with it.

Double dagger debuff + Alear's Personal = 6 extra damage per attack. 24 damage total. It was the only way i was able to take out puncher daddy lol

Also a shitton of obstruct uses against both him and Wraith's loli waifu XD

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And wow, you’re going fast.

Not any more. I only did ch.10 today XD

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I don't know exactly what's the difference is here between maddening and hard, but it was quite a bit harder. And i finally found use for Leif's Quadruple hit...

Buffs and debuffs stack with single attack with it.

Double dagger debuff + Alear's Personal = 6 extra damage per attack. 24 damage total. It was the only way i was able to take out puncher daddy lol

I actually did the same thing (well without the double debuff— might’ve been single tho?)

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What does matter in CS?

From what I've heard, thighs.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

So true, Harry “flirting” with Cho is peak horror film writing

No you misunderstand I couldn't watch Disney movies until I was 13 because they were too violent

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

JK was pissed off at the Greeks for helping to bring about Percy Jackson which somewhat stole her thunder.

I guess she added the Italians when Riordan added Romans to the mythos in the second series.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

get a nice, long play through out of that

You know what else you could get a nice, long playthrough of? That's right, Yakuza 0, a game which is already in your possession and features over 100 hours of content

I like how you guys go on about Italy and Greece... when Afghanistan and the Koreas are also not assigned to a magic school yet... nothing. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I like how you guys go on about Italy and Greece... when Afghanistan and the Koreas are also not assigned to a magic school yet... nothing. lol

Was Korea not assigned with Japan?

*Looks closer* ok I guess not, even though the colors used are very similar (missed opportunity for Rowling to put North and South into one school).

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

From what I've heard, thighs.

I mean not really, other body parts are the subject of discussion at least once per game

No you misunderstand I couldn't watch Disney movies until I was 13 because they were too violent

RIP

Watch Zootopia.

You know what else you could get a nice, long playthrough of? That's right, Yakuza 0, a game which is already in your possession and features over 100 hours of content

I FORGOT

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I’m not a mind reader. The only one that stands out to me with an obvious funny reason for exclusion is Greece.

I can also barely see the clear spots on mobile, I didn’t even know some places were skipped until they were mentioned.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(missed opportunity for Rowling to put North and South into one school).

“All the brave and honorable heroes were put into Gryffindor, while all the North Koreans were sorted into Slytherin”

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I guess... The fact that new class VII actually grow as characters? 

Except Ash, kinda

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Was Korea not assigned with Japan?

I thought this too.

...Which obviously has a few problems as well.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mean not really, other body parts are the subject of discussion at least once per game

Can you judge? You and Chao talk about some of Rixia's every game.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Watch Zootopia.

I did!

I can't remember anything about it other than I think it's about racism and hot dancing tigers.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I FORGOT

I apologize, but I will keep being periodically annoying until you play it

All this talk of HP made me think of this:

nlTS0hx.jpg

Now I got reminded of an old story idea I had for a HP fanfic. With a family of OC's that were Spaniards but lived in the UK because the father was Magical Spain's ambassador to Magical GB, and thus the children attended Hogwarts.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Can you judge? You and Chao talk about some of Rixia's every game.

Yes but the way we talk about it is normal and not cringe

I did!

I can't remember anything about it other than I think it's about racism and hot dancing tigers.

I mean, one of those is a core theme integral to the film that’s developed through its conflict, world, and characters, and the other is the racism, so…

I apologize, but I will keep being periodically annoying until you play it

You’re not being annoying enough if I forgot I had it

You ever think about how in Goblet of Fire, we had Mad Eye Moody introduced, a pretty fun character....except for the part where it's revealed it was never actually him, it was some other dude pretending to be him.

Just now, Armagon said:

You ever think about how in Goblet of Fire, we had Mad Eye Moody introduced, a pretty fun character....except for the part where it's revealed it was never actually him, it was some other dude pretending to be him.

Yet the guy was so good at pretending to be him so that when the real deal finally showed up, it was like he had always been there.

gsdx-20230220224128.png

Amazinger name for a doll.

gsdx-20230220173605.png

This is actually the first time in the Iris trilogy I've fulfilled the IRL alchemical dream. Sells for over 4000, which head and shoulders above anything else's sell value (albeit still junk because money isn't an issue in this game- I'm sitting on 300k). That its recipe is Philosopher's Ash + Ruby Prism confirms the Ruby Prism is the Iris trilogy's name for the mythical Philosopher's Stone. Why Gust chose not to call the Prism what it is, I do not know. But to make its color ruby, and not say sapphire or emerald, well I thank a certain other trilogy for getting me to learn that the final step of the philosopher's stone-making process is rub...tokyo? I suddenly forget the full name.😝

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I thought this too.

...Which obviously has a few problems as well.

The Imjin War (Invasion of Korea) of Toyotomi Hideyoshi and the Meiji through WWII conquest/occupation/colonization of Korea come to mind.