Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Need to watch this when I get home.

24 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Deathly Hallows Part 1 starts strong, but spins its wheels and degrades to the same flaws as its predecessors (what was the purpose of that dance???????). Part 2 will make or break it. RIP Dobby

99.9% of people agree part 2 is better than part 1 (myself included… I think?). But hey, at least the dance here was kinda cute, unlike the awkward dance scene they added in Goblet of Fire that served no point and that was the movie where they cut out 4/5ths of the book.

oh you think Dobby is bad

Oh yeah lol, and the place is okay by the next movie.

No it’s not, didn’t they set up a much smaller house?

But the Voldy stuff was keeping me hooked.

Makes sense. In the books it destroys the pacing, but iirc the movie wasn’t that interesting so here it is probably better.

So that's why Hermione is insufferable.

Yeah.

To be fair, this video doesn't give me a very good impression of their relationship in the books either

Doesn’t matter, Ginny good.

Although at least in the movies you don’t have to hear about Harry’s “raging monster” that makes him think about Ginny (deadass wording from the book)

Idk man, I'm waiting until the next one to decide. Ron and his mom were in the Top 5 at first, but they got sidelined bit by bit from the 3rd movie onwards. Ron is only being important when it comes to his love life, and that reached unbearable levels in this film.

I wonder what you’ll think about Snape after the last movie.

Why didn't they put this information in the movie that is literally called The Half-Blood Prince???????

Depends, I can’t remember if it was revealed in this book or the next book. If it was this book, then they just cut it out of the movie. If it was the next book, it’s because his backstory isn’t explored until the Deathly Hallows, which is actually kind of important for what she tries to do with his character.

Either way, I think that exact information was cut out of the movies.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I still can't believe Octopath 2 doesn't let you bind anything to the arrow keys. Like, it's no big deal, but hot damn that is so stupid.

I like how this is your first post about it.

I’m almost there myself, I have to get home and make a somewhat big decision for my education future first. I’ve discussed it twice now, and will probably do it a third time, and I feel pretty set on a decision but I’m still unsure… I haven’t had to do it much because not an adult, but I’m starting to think I’m bad at making big decisions. That’s not relevant, I just felt like sharing.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It doesn't help that some of the biggest and most interesting animals in the states were hunted to near extinction following the colonists coming

It's such a shame all these majestic animals were eradicated or almost eradicated. Imagine if we put all that time and effort into eradicating wasps instead.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Don't be dismissing Raccoons and Opossums now.

They cool. I've seen opossums here a few times. Racoons, I've deadass only seen once, digging through the trash can outside the mall.

38 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

but they got sidelined bit by bit from the 3rd movie onwards. Ron is only being important when it comes to his love life, and that reached unbearable levels in this film

I like how Ron and Hermione generally stop mattering after the third book. Like they're still there but less so.

Malfoy himself tho, bro got short end of the stick. Went from rival you wanted to punch to deadass only having one line in Order of the Phoenix (in the movie at least).

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

part 2 is better than part 1

Part 2 is just the final battle. It's like Endgame, it's more of a spectacle, an event really. Honestly if the last book was just one movie, I don't think it would've been as good.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Spoiler

To this day I fondly remember Fred dying from a completely random explosion over the course of a single page.

Honestly, Deathly Hallows in general felt pretty obsessed with arbitrary deaths. So many people just die off-screen for no reason beyond "the Battle of Hogwarts is a really mature and serious event so I must kill characters to make the reader understand how serious and mature this is." Though, in retrospect, I don't think any of it beats ol' Alastor dying like a tool five minutes after his true introduction. Dude didn't even get to be a character lol

I like how this is your first post about it.

Well, right now I'm going through Osvald's start again, so it's not like I have much to add. Sorry, not continuing my Castti demo save. I still don't know if we're stuck with our starters this time, and if we are, well, it's gotta be Mr. VV.

I’m almost there myself, I have to get home and make a somewhat big decision for my education future first. I’ve discussed it twice now, and will probably do it a third time, and I feel pretty set on a decision but I’m still unsure… I haven’t had to do it much because not an adult, but I’m starting to think I’m bad at making big decisions. That’s not relevant, I just felt like sharing.

Ahhh, yes. That magical moment where society forces teenagers to decide, on a strict time limit, what they believe the next 40 years of their lives should be.

Honestly, don't worry too much. Most people have no idea what they're doing years after high school, let alone at the end of it. Make a choice and see what happens.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

So many people just die off-screen for no reason beyond "the Battle of Hogwarts is a really mature and serious event so I must kill characters to make the reader understand how serious and mature this is

Spoiler

It was definitely for shock value but I do think at least in context I can excuse it. But that's only for the Hogwarts battle itself. Outside of it like

Sirius didn't need to die (not when he did at least)

Lupin didn't need to die

Mad-Eye......we didn't know him lol

Dobby didn't need to die

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

have to get home and make a somewhat big decision for my education future first. I’ve discussed it twice now, and will probably do it a third time, and I feel pretty set on a decision but I’m still unsure… I haven’t had to do it much because not an adult, but I’m starting to think I’m bad at making big decisions. That’s not relevant, I just felt like sharing.

Zoinks, aren't you only in grade 11? You poor soul, that's so early to make a choice...

I'm a whole year older than you, and I'm still having a crisis over it too

Oh god no my auditions are due on Tuesday and I've been sick all week oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god

If it makes you feel any better, you can always change your path! My dad has a Chemistry degree, and he's now been a behaviour consultant for 5 years since he realized he hates working in chem.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

It was definitely for shock value but I do think at least in context I can excuse it. But that's only for the Hogwarts battle itself. Outside of it like

Lupin didn't need to die

Dobby didn't need to die

Spoiler

I'm reminded that Rowling once stated she also wanted to kill off Arthur as well. She decided not to in the end... but decided she still needed to kill someone in his stead. I forgot who was the replacement, though...

Ultimately, the point was that Harry was pretty much not allowed to have a lasting father figure.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

If it makes you feel any better, you can always change your path! My dad has a Chemistry degree, and he's now been a behaviour consultant for 5 years since he realized he hates working in chem.

Sure, that's what he says...

Your last name is not White, right?

I do find it rather hilarious that (extremely mild Osvald prologue spoilers lol)

Spoiler

After the muzzle is removed, I can just turn right around and start flinging spells at guards in the middle of the prison yard so I can take their belongings. And nobody bats an eye. Path actions!

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Lupin didn't need to die

Dobby didn't need to die

Spoiler

I like how you say "I can excuse it for the Hogwarts battle" and then mention Lupin, who died in the Hogwarts battle, as someone who didn't have to die.

Anyway... They really should've introduced Mad-Eye in book 5. It's the book that focuses on - and is named after - the Order of the Phoenix, why not show us one of its higher ups? Give us some time to get to know him before he dies. As it is... well, like I said the other day, it really feels like Rowling counted Crouch Jr.'s screentime as screentime for Moody lol

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hide contents

I'm reminded that Rowling once stated she also wanted to kill off Arthur as well. She decided not to in the end... but decided she still needed to kill someone in his stead. I forgot who was the replacement, though...

Ultimately, the point was that Harry was pretty much not allowed to have a lasting father figure.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, I remember that. I believe it was Lupin that got killed in Arthur's stead. You can really tell, Lupin's kind of a big character throughout the series and he just randomly dies off-screen right at the end alongside all the disposable nobodies.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

To this day I fondly remember Fred dying from a completely random explosion over the course of a single page.

Honestly, Deathly Hallows in general felt pretty obsessed with arbitrary deaths. So many people just die off-screen for no reason beyond "the Battle of Hogwarts is a really mature and serious event so I must kill characters to make the reader understand how serious and mature this is." Though, in retrospect, I don't think any of it beats ol' Alastor dying like a tool five minutes after his true introduction. Dude didn't even get to be a character lol

I like how we thought of the same death.

Spoiler

But yeah, Deathly Hallows deaths just happen for the hell of it. I actually kinda liked that when I was younger.

…who the hell is Alastor again?

Well, right now I'm going through Osvald's start again, so it's not like I have much to add. Sorry, not continuing my Castti demo save. I still don't know if we're stuck with our starters this time, and if we are, well, it's gotta be Mr. VV.

Oh, right. I’m still not sure if I should do Castti’s start again. I probably should, if nothing else just so I can go through Hikari’s better, since I had to rush a bit due to the demo time limit.

Ahhh, yes. That magical moment where society forces teenagers to decide, on a strict time limit, what they believe the next 40 years of their lives should be.

I mean, it’s not that decision. Not yet, anyway.

It is heavily related to it tho.

Honestly, don't worry too much. Most people have no idea what they're doing years after high school, let alone at the end of it. Make a choice and see what happens.

That actually makes me feel better, thanks. I was already leaning toward the more balls-to-the-wall decision, but if you’re telling me not to worry too much about a much bigger decision, well, that supports it Somewhat.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Zoinks, aren't you only in grade 11?

I’m in grade 10…

You poor soul, that's so early to make a choice...

I'm a whole year older than you, and I'm still having a crisis over it too

Guys it’s not that decision, I promise

Oh god no my auditions are due on Tuesday and I've been sick all week oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god

Good luck! Is it appropriate to say break a leg for an audition?

Yeah, thanks. Again, not the path I’m deciding, but this advice does still apply. My counselor told me she can change my decision for me down the road, if it gets to that point.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was shown repaired, but no, the house itself was still same size.

Oh, my bad.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Part 2 is just the final battle. It's like Endgame, it's more of a spectacle, an event really.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen the movie, but I feel like I remember it having more substance than “just the final battle”. Even if it doesn’t tho, the first part still had shit pacing iirc.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly if the last book was just one movie, I don't think it would've been as good.

Well yeah, because they would’ve cut out 4/5ths of the book again.

Holy shit

Okay so for just two seconds I regretted getting Elemental Barrage on Osvald instead of the boringer, yet important for breaking lightning bolt.

Then I tried it out in battle. Holy shit this skill is fucking awesome. Unreliable, perhaps, but awesome.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like how we thought of the same death.

Hide contents

But yeah, Deathly Hallows deaths just happen for the hell of it. I actually kinda liked that when I was younger.

…who the hell is Alastor again?

Spoiler

I remember when I was a kid and kept reading all the books over and over, I always dreaded getting to Sirius and Dumbledore's deaths.

...I don't think even then the Deathly Hallows deaths really affected me much. Except for Lupin. Lupin was always my favorite character and it fucking killed me that he just dies randomly at the end.

Ohhh. Welp.

I said what I said.

That actually makes me feel better, thanks. I was already leaning toward the more balls-to-the-wall decision, but if you’re telling me not to worry too much about a much bigger decision, well, that supports it Somewhat.

Ultimately, you'll figure it out as you go. That's how everyone lives their lives. Nobody can, nor should, expect to have a perfect idea of the next few decades of their lives at the ripe age of 18.

Oh, this is really interesting. It would appear they picked up one piece of feedback from the demo: I didn't try it, but it looked like I had the option to skip the pre-boss battle banter. That was one of the biggest complaints, that you couldn't skip it even on replays. And yet now I could fill up the skip bar a single line from the start of the battle. Again, didn't try it, but if I can do that, it's safe to assume it can be skipped.

Good. I don't know why they even thought of not having it be this way, but it's better late than never.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Oh yeah, I remember that. I believe it was Lupin that got killed in Arthur's stead. You can really tell, Lupin's kind of a big character throughout the series and he just randomly dies off-screen right at the end alongside all the disposable nobodies.

Spoiler

Him and Tonks both. Just so there could be an orphan by the end... just like Harry was at the beginning.

I don't think Sigurd thought his cunning plan all the way through.

Spoiler

KCq6lpR.jpg

He probably could've used Override to pass through Louis, but he never did.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of

Spoiler

arbitrary deaths, remember Colin Creevey? Maybe not, but Deathly Hallows remembered that he existed just so he could die offscreen. Makes me wonder if there was some kind of "minor characters worth killing offscreen" list...

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If all else fails, you can change your major twice like I did.

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Guys it’s not that decision, I promise

Of course it can't be the decision of who to S-support in Engage, you don't have the Pact Ring yet. Actually, I don't either...

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Him and Tonks both. Just so there could be an orphan by the end... just like Harry was at the beginning.

Oh yeah, true.

Spoiler

I don't even remember what happened with Teddy. Who adopted him? Harry?

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of

Hide contents

arbitrary deaths, remember Colin Creevey? Maybe not, but Deathly Hallows remembered that he existed just so he could die offscreen. Makes me wonder if there was some kind of "minor characters worth killing offscreen" list...

Spoiler

I remember that Colin died off-screen more than I remember Colin's role prior lol. Wasn't he the annoying kid with the camera from the Chamber of Secrets who got petrified, and then... uh, proceeded to disappear for five books before dying randomly?

Anyway, I have beaten my first oversized man of the game. Osvald did finger guns at him until he keeled over. And now, to get the heck outta here. I'm hoping to get this and Temenos out of the way tonight, so I can begin some new stories tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, true.

Hide contents

I don't even remember what happened with Teddy. Who adopted him? Harry?

Spoiler

No, he still had his maternal grandmother, so it was she who raised him... but no doubt Harry definitely was around for his own Godson. Again, to prevent history repeating itself.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I remember that Colin died off-screen more than I remember Colin's role prior lol. Wasn't he the annoying kid with the camera from the Chamber of Secrets who got petrified, and then... uh, proceeded to disappear for five books before dying randomly?

Spoiler

He still showed up every now and then. It's in the movies where he just disappears. Apparently it was because his actor got one heck of a growth spurt, so he could no longer play the role of Colin. Who by design is meant to be short / something of a squirt.

Although, just imagine a now hulking giant Colin still asking for photos... and no one daring to say no. lol

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The director's last hurrah?

Considering the director still has one movie left, I don't believe that was it. It looks more like he's a Harry x Hermione shipper.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

He was annoying in Chamber but he didn't deserve to die

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No it’s not, didn’t they set up a much smaller house?

Nope, it's the same house.

image.png

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Malfoy himself tho, bro got short end of the stick. Went from rival you wanted to punch to deadass only having one line in Order of the Phoenix (in the movie at least).

He was at his best in the sixth movie. Seeing him crumble under pressure because he doesn't have the guts to be a Death Eater was great.

MM9808_220824_11430.jpg?w=1024&h=683

An ossuary lit with LEDs, and an electronic ID system to highlight specific remains should one wish to offer prayers to someone. 

Graves are a depressing aspect of human culture going back tens of thousands of years. Electronic technology is cool and modern. The gentle blue diode light, illuminating buddha images whose design can be traced back over millennium or two. 

The memento mori contained in this photo didn't overwhelm me. Instead, since this is a Buddhist temple and I've a liking for Buddhism, the juxtaposition of ancient and new, of the darkness of death with the azure auroral luminescence, it touched me. I took a moment and respectfully recited the nembutsu a few times.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Course that's me living in the northwest where wildlife conservation efforts are much more present than in the southeast.

Since you are in the northwest.:

01112023_pygmy_172246.jpg?d=780x517

Pygmy rabbits.

The size of a softball and they weigh less than a pound. The world's tiniest rabbits. They have a lifespan of only two years.

The Columbia Basin pygmy rabbit subspecies has a very limited habitat, because they've adapted to eat exclusively sagebrush, which takes about two decades to grow/regrow. Wildfires and human encroachment have drastically shrank the "sagebrush sea", and there are only a few hundred of the Columbia Basin population left. -And none of them are genetically "pure" CB pygmies b/c they died out, the only "Columbia Basin" pygmies left are 75%-or-higher genetic hybrids who humans created via selective crossbreeding of the last of the pure CB pygmies with non-CB populations.

Their cuteness and their nearing-extinction makes me sad.😢

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Unfortunately I am not Aquaman.

See them while you can. Their numbers declined by more than 1000 in 2021, an optimistic estimate would be 7500 manatees in Florida right now. Although things were bleaker 50 years ago when the Floridian population had dropped below 1000.

Manatees are more prevalent on the Gulf Coast, not the Atlantic. Crystal River calls itself the "Manatee Capital of the World". They like swimming near power plants in the winter, as the discharge warms the waters, manatees don't like waters colder than 68F/20C. The primary cause of ongoing manatee decline is a decline in seagrass, manatees eat 100 pounds of the stuff each day, and seagrass needs clean, clear, healthy waters to grow.

All right, chapter 2 Osvald done.

Spoiler

I saw some complaints about it pre-release, but personally, I like how Osvald keeps repeating his catchphrases. It kinda feels like he's trying to hang on to his obsession, because without it, he has nothing. I wonder where this is going... though it won't go anywhere in a hurry. I gotta get the rest of the cast first. Probably.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

No, he still had his maternal grandmother, so it was she who raised him... but no doubt Harry definitely was around for his own Godson. Again, to prevent history repeating itself.

Ah, right, right.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hide contents

He still showed up every now and then. It's in the movies where he just disappears. Apparently it was because his actor got one heck of a growth spurt, so he could no longer play the role of Colin. Who by design is meant to be short / something of a squirt.

Although, just imagine a now hulking giant Colin still asking for photos... and no one daring to say no. lol

Call that wasted Potter potential #6349868

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Considering the director still has one movie left, I don't believe that was it. It looks more like he's a Harry x Hermione shipper.

You don't even need the strikethrough. lol I'm pretty sure Steve Kloves has admitted he is/was.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Graves are a depressing aspect of human culture going back tens of thousands of years.

You've not seen a Mexican graveyard during Dia de Muertos, have you...

Alright, it’s done. I picked the riskier option. Remember to ask me in a year + a few months if it worked out or not.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit

Okay so for just two seconds I regretted getting Elemental Barrage on Osvald instead of the boringer, yet important for breaking lightning bolt.

Then I tried it out in battle. Holy shit this skill is fucking awesome. Unreliable, perhaps, but awesome.

Oh yeah, I got it in my Osvald save file. That skill is fun.

This might be the reason I redo Castti, my choice of skill was not that great (and the JP needed for skills rises fast).

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ultimately, you'll figure it out as you go. That's how everyone lives their lives. Nobody can, nor should, expect to have a perfect idea of the next few decades of their lives at the ripe age of 18.

Nice life advice. You’ll make a great Jeigan.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of

Reveal hidden contents

I always forget about him.

If all else fails, you can change your major twice like I did.

“Sorry Edelgard, I know I told your I was sure your class was right for me after a semester with Dimitri, but I actually feel like Claude is the way to go…”

Of course it can't be the decision of who to S-support in Engage, you don't have the Pact Ring yet. Actually, I don't either...

You got me, I’m struggling to decide which of the 8 protagonists to pick in Octopath Traveler II for the Nintendo Switch.

Y los muertos aquí lo pasamos muy bien
Entre flores de colores
Y los viernes y tal, si en la fosa no hay plan
Nos vestimos y salimos

Para dar una vuelta
Sin pasar de la puerta, eso sí
Que los muertos aquí es donde tienen que estar
Y el cielo, por mí, se puede esperar, oh, oh, oh, oh