Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

From what I've been seeing of it, it kinda feels like they gave Koei the DLC lolololololol

One thing for sure. It almost feels like someone was frustrated with regular Engage that the Fell Xenologues were made as a way to vent. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Seems people's issues with Wave 4 is less Wave 4 itself but more how it was implemented. Do it to early and the new characters will end up jacking up the scaling of the DLC maps to max. Do it too late and they aren't that much powerful, hell, your regular units would probably be better.

Do it in the middle and it's great except that, because of The Funny, you'll have a harder time with like Xenolouge 5 for instance.

Saw someone speculate that you're probably intended to do the Fell Xenolouge gradually, not all at once. Which makes sense, you can leave and come back any time.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seems people's issues with Wave 4 is less Wave 4 itself but more how it was implemented. Do it to early and the new characters will end up jacking up the scaling of the DLC maps to max. Do it too late and they aren't that much powerful, hell, your regular units would probably be better.

That's not what I've heard, actually. People are saying these units are just completely jacked, period. One of them has been called a better Kagetsu, and that's just... utterly insane. You'd have to wait until after Saphir and Lindon for these units to be reasonab-- which means extra availability for Saphir and Lindon, best design DLC.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Do it in the middle and it's great except that, because of The Funny, you'll have a harder time with like Xenolouge 5 for instance.

I hadn't even thought about that lol

which means extra availability for Saphir and Lindon, best design DLC.

You don't gain any points of anything during the DLC, sorry to break it to you.

As in, Chapter 6 itself. Like, I don't think there's any acknowledgement of anything that comes after. Even doing the DLC after clearing the game. Alear still thinks they're a Divine Dragon, don't recognize any of the Winds outside Zelestia, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, it's so odd that for how you can do the DLC any time past Chapter 6, the story very much implies it does happen at a set time.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As in, Chapter 6 itself. Like, I don't think there's any acknowledgement of anything that comes after. Even doing the DLC after clearing the game. Alear still thinks they're a Divine Dragon, don't recognize any of the Winds outside Zelestia, etc.

Cindered Shadows was the same way. When you go recruit the Wolves into the main game, they're like "who are you?"

Just now, Armagon said:

Cindered Shadows was the same way. When you go recruit the Wolves into the main game, they're like "who are you?"

Was it like that for everything that happened in there? At least CS isn't accessed through the main game so its disconnected if vague nature in regards to chronology is more plausible. But since we do for the FX, then the fact they don't adjust for when in the story are you makes it more noticeable.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Was it like that for everything that happened in there? At least CS isn't accessed through the main game so its disconnected if vague nature in regards to chronology is more plausible. But since we do for the FX, then the fact they don't adjust for when in the story are you makes it more noticeable.

Mm. I wonder how they Supports will look like then. I also know there's convos between the Winds and the Hounds. I want to see those.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Mm. I wonder how they Supports will look like then. I also know there's convos between the Winds and the Hounds. I want to see those.

My guess is that it's gonna be like the DLC story seems to be. They'll act as if they joined between Chapters 6 and 7, regardless on when they actually did.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All the Alt Royals are like "what if mean" haha-

*Alt Ivy ordered the execution of all of Hyacinth's illegitimate children*

Oh she was actually just fucked in the head huh.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I tell ya, someone in the writing team was venting.

Yeah like I was laughing at all the other ones but this one just caught me off guard. Someone really didn't like Ivy and said "what if I made her the most irredeemable monster ever" except we never see this part anyways.

I mean, just saying, but if my earlier guess is wrong and instead...

Spoiler

The characters just abandon the alt Elyos, now that is has been left lifeless since even all the revived Corrupted are left instead to remain dead for good, in order to move over to the "nicer" one... I may actually laugh.

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My guess is that it's gonna be like the DLC story seems to be. They'll act as if they joined between Chapters 6 and 7, regardless on when they actually did.

That'd be really interesting. Going by the base stats of the units, they're very much not intended to join at that point. They're more akin to the units in the Solm arc. Around chapter 15 is when I'd say they'd be... reasonable. Much earlier than that, they'd break the game harder than Seth did lol

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All the Alt Royals are like "what if mean" haha-

*Alt Ivy ordered the execution of all of Hyacinth's illegitimate children*

Oh she was actually just fucked in the head huh.

I mean, have you seen her menu pose? It's fucking amazing.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I tell ya, someone in the writing team was venting.

Evil Fogado's convos with Bunet and Fogado honestly feels like the kind of edgy shit I'd write if I were to make Rubengage lol it's actually hilarious

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah like I was laughing at all the other ones but this one just caught me off guard. Someone really didn't like Ivy and said "what if I made her the most irredeemable monster ever" except we never see this part anyways.

They also gave her the funniest pose since T-posing Garon. For some reason.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, just saying, but if my earlier guess is wrong and instead...

Hide contents

The characters just abandon the alt Elyos, now that is has been left lifeless since even all the revived Corrupted are left instead to remain dead for good, in order to move over to the "nicer" one... I may actually laugh.

Spoiler

Twins and good hounds: "Yay new world, look at how amazing this Elyos is, we're gonna have a great life here."

Evil Lindon: "My wife is alive you pricks, come back and save the world--"

That'd be really interesting. Going by the base stats of the units, they're very much not intended to join at that point. They're more akin to the units in the Solm arc. Around chapter 15 is when I'd say they'd be... reasonable. Much earlier than that, they'd break the game harder than Seth did lol

Even if so, it'd still make it a bit nonsensical with Alear still not recognizing the alt Hounds.

Hide contents

Twins and good hounds: "Yay new world, look at how amazing this Elyos is, we're gonna have a great life here."

Evil Lindon: "My wife is alive you pricks, come back and save the world--"

I mean, at the end of the day, this is still FE.

Spoiler

Which is why I lean more to just restoring everything with the Emblems... then take them off the world so the tragedy can't repeat itself.

Oh yeah I found a trick for Xenolouge 5, different than what Acacia suggested.

Give Nel Corrin. Use Dragon Vein Ice. That's it, you've won (Normal Mode).

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, have you seen her menu pose? It's fucking amazing.

Yeah I was like "this is just Camilla but mean".