• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The final map of the Fell Xenologue. It took me an hour and was just very frustrating. 

I was referring more to the ending sequence itself.

I left the map on hold midway and... yeah, it is feeling like a slog.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh my GOD LMAOOOOOOOOO IT'S LITERALLY THE MEME

I think what I may actually dislike is that this isn't going to go away. It exists and is official, so IS won't make us forget.

At least I don't play FEH...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I was referring more to the ending sequence itself.

I left it midway and... yeah, it is feeling like a slog.

Spoiler

Rafal: I must stay behind and heal my sister for a thousand years.

A few hours later.

Rafal: Alear it has been a thousand years and Nel has been revived.

Gotta love the writing in Engage.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think what I may actually dislike is that this isn't going to go away. It exists and is official, so IS won't make us forget.

At least I don't play FEH...

Yeah they really needed to fill the Fallen Banner quota cause like they've gone through everyone else already+the one time they made up Evil Ike.

MEANWHILE RISEN CHROM HAS BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME AND IS NOT THERE!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why is the meme that I'm into Zephia? She doesn't even have a six-pack.

Cause it's funny.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah they really needed to fill the Fallen Banner quota cause like they've gone through everyone else already+the one time they made up Evil Ike.

I'm pretty sure they haven't yet. There's even a thread in the FEH section about it, even.

... but yeah, with this they gave themselves A LOT to use for a rainy day.

IS:

Pin by JKR on Obama News | Obama meme, Memes, Life memes

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cause it's funny.

Yeah, right.

...I will give her this: She's the correct partner for Alear. Everyone else will die in like, two seconds in dragon years, with an obvious exception that has equally obvious reasons going against it as an option for a romantic partnership. Zelestia's the only viable option in the entire cast lol

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

She at least looks the part of "stepping over you"?

Meh. She tries too hard. Not to mention her dreadful attire doesn't even suit her personality, in this timeline.

I don't plan on getting the Fell Xenologue yet, but is there a list of supports for the new characters? I want to know if you-know-who got any new ones.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

In related news, it's been revealed that the Fog King's battle theme is called "Roar from Beyond". Considering what we know of Wave 4, this means Takahashi is cooking.

In retrospect, the Fog King was probably just a Guldo that somehow wandered into the XC1 universe. So technically Future Connected did set up XC3, just not in a way that's immediately obvious.

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For you, I now remember this exists.:

Pikmin%202%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0000.jp2&id=Pikmin2OfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0

https://archive.org/details/Pikmin2OfficialPlayersGuide

You totally don't need it. But I'm tossing its existence out there anyhow. It let me see a lot more of the game than I actually played.

Thank you, I appreciate it. It includes a guide to a 14 day run, maybe I'll try it out one day. It's certainly more doable than a five day run, or even a glitchless eight day run.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait they didn't give Mark any lines LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S LITERALLY JUST YET ANOTHER LYN ART AND THEY TRIED TO HIDE IT!

This is the absolute funniest thing FEH's ever done.

Bold of Lyn to carry around a cardboard cutout just so she could get another alt.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Food for thought though. Did Alear stopped aging while they were asleep? Because they looked exactly the same a thousand years ago, coded 17 if we consider the data. So still the equivalent of human 17 despite the thousand years passing?

Probably, Tiki says something to this effect in Warriors ("Even though we live a long time, we do still age. I just look extra young 'cause I was asleep for most of those thousand years."). So Alear stayed basically the same age while Veyle grew from a child to a teenager in the same amount of time.

10 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Well at very least Rubenio is now a happy man:

Zelestia is technically an old lady, but she doesn't look like one so I don't think she counts.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To be fair Evil Ike and Risen Chrom are both from Cipher, so both are equally made up.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, right.

...I will give her this: She's the correct partner for Alear. Everyone else will die in like, two seconds in dragon years, with an obvious exception that has equally obvious reasons going against it as an option for a romantic partnership. Zelestia's the only viable option in the entire cast lol

You know, that makes me wonder.

We are told the Pact Ring conveys some kind of power or benefit the the person receiving it. We only see the extra Bond level with Emblem Alear, but that's not something that happens naturally, so there has to be other effects.

Taking into account that, the fact Alfred doesn't die from his illness or that Jean gets to live for at least 110 (granted, this could be due to him focuses a lot on health) when they are S supported by Alear, it makes me wonder if an increased lifespan (for humans at least) could be one such benefit.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

with an obvious exception that has equally obvious reasons going against it as an option for a romantic partnership.

That won't stop some.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I want to know if you-know-who got any new ones

Yes.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why is the meme that I'm into Zephia? She doesn't even have a six-pack.

Not Zephia Rubenio, Zelestia. Why? I can think of two reasons.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't plan on getting the Fell Xenologue yet, but is there a list of supports for the new characters? I want to know if you-know-who got any new ones.

Okay, so spoilers for the names of the characters that are carried over to the campaign

Spoiler

All of them support Alear, Veyle and Mauvier.

The Four Wingds all support each other. Additionally, Zelestia supports Nel and Gregory supports Rafal. Madeline gets one less support than her peers because screw Madeline, I guess.

Aside from the aforementioned and each other, Nel also supports Diamant and Timerra and Rafal supports Ivy and Alfred.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, that makes me wonder.

We are told the Pact Ring conveys some kind of power or benefit the the person receiving it. We only see the extra Bond level with Emblem Alear, but that's not something that happens naturally, so there has to be other effects.

Taking into account that, the fact Alfred doesn't die from his illness or that Jean gets to live for at least 110 (granted, this could be due to him focuses a lot on health) when they are S supported by Alear, it makes me wonder if an increased lifespan (for humans at least) could be one such benefit.

Ehh I don't know, Lindon is still stated to die shortly after the war. Unless he's too Old to obtain these magical benefits.

Still, even if we assume this to be true, 110 years is still absolutely nothing in dragon years. Alear casually naps for almost 10 times that amount of years. Zelestia remains the only viable option for Alear. And they locked her behind a paywall, smh IntSys resorting to such underhanded tactics for a quick buck

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That won't stop some.

I know, but it should. Multiple factors that don't stop them should stop them.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Not Zephia Rubenio, Zelestia. Why? I can think of two reasons.

As if.

SRWJ3.png

Whyyyy are all my screenshots in VBA so tiny? I can't make them any bigger without some extra steps either.

Anyhow, Toya looks different from what I was expecting, more soft and melancholic than I assumed he would be. I chose Calvina though. The attire, the hairdo and coloration, the alliterative name, it all feels loosely like Lamia. And actually seeing her personality ingame, it's fairly strong, more of a seasoned pilot than I was expecting. The Banpresto Original is loaded with excellent abilities to start too. 

As for the unit selection...

Bellezelute.pngBellezelute-Stats.pngBellzelute-Weapons.png

Granteed.pngGranteed-Stats.pngGranteed-Weapons.png

Coustwell.pngCoustwell-Stats.pngCoustwell-Weapons.png

I will say I rather like this game letting you see all the specs of the Originals before choosing one.

• Bellzelute is what game show you by default (and Calvina's canon Moon Dwellers mech). A dodgy long-range M-sized real robot with a MAP attack, cool.
  • Granteed- I like the halo, definitely has a cartoony super robot aesthetic along the lines of GaoGaiGar (and Toya's canon MD machine I'm aware). The only L-sized mech of the trio, thickest armor, strongest weapons, and surprisingly excellent range to boot.
  • Coustwell- Reminds me of the Didarion (and the Rivale to a lesser extent) visually, something of a "power suit" design too. An M-sized statistical in-between of the Bellzelute and Granteed defensively. Oddly melee-oriented, nothing beyond range 4 is troublesome, its firepower is merely comparable to the Bellzelute, and its quite inferior to the Granteed.

-I forgot to enter the cheat code for the Vorlent, and went back and did so after I stopped playing. Let me see what normally takes three completed playthroughs to unlock...

SRW-J-Vorlent.pngSRW-J-Vorlent-Stats.pngSRW-J-Vorlent-Weapons.png

That dark blue with hints of orange, reminds me of the Gran-

SRW-J-Vorlent-Abilities.png

zooooon!😳 I take it Orgone Cloud is a barrier, paired with 20% EN regen per turn. Mmmmm.🤤

So, judging from these specs, I think Granteed, Bellzelute, and Vorlent all look to be roughly equal. Most firepower, most evasive with a MAP (no idea of its radius though), and most durable b/c barrier + EN Regen > slightly higher raw stats. Coustwell though, I really don't see a point to it. Dodgy things shouldn't be getting hit, so I doubt the extra HP and armor would really help it against the Bellzelute. And Coustwell has decidedly less range than the others, yet it doesn't gain heaping amounts of attack power to compensate. Coustwell seems like it'd be the "hard mode" of the trio, while Vorlent looks totally imbalanced for a first run if Orgone Cloud were to be gud.

SRW-J-English01.png

And yet I chose the Coustwell anyhow.😆 Knowing it's a secret unit in Moon Dwellers is one big reason, the other is that I like it the most visually. I'm an SRW veteran at this point, I can handle one "objectively inferior" machine. -This took me like a half-hour to decide though! I put thought into stuff like this.😅

And for the Favorites I opted to pick Banpresto Original, Brain Powered b/c of the SRW rarity of it, and then G Gundam as the last, solely b/c it was entertaining in AP, and isn't the Favorite system more about choosing your favorite series, and not which will likely rake in the most cash?

Despite my thinking about the BO unit, 

SRW-J-English15.pngSRW-J-English16.png

The game kicks things off with Nadesico. Akito's portrait is pretty similar to his AP one, whereas Koji looks way more serious/edgy/hot-blooded than in AP. Mazinger Z on that note is an energy hog in this game, literally none of its attacks are EN-free, yeesh. First time seeing the Aphrodite A, given Sayaka already had Diana A in AP, the Aphrodite looks more "bad guy" visually.

Akito had no problems avoiding everything here, with Focus applied ofc. So no dodge decay, that'll be real good for the Reals. Visually, this game is something of a small disappointment. I've seen snippets of plain-old A, these graphics resemble them a little too much for my liking, they're "rusty". I'd need to replay OG2 to confirm it, but that game looked better than this if memory serves. The UI was neither as packed with info, nor perhaps slightly difficult to look at as it does here. I remember watching a Sanger compilation, the difference in sprites and animation between the Grungust Type 3 in Alpha 2 and OG2 didn't look all that big, it's different here. Evidence that OG not having to spend for licenses gives it the better visuals? -But don't get me wrong! The sprites and animations in J are fine, even great in some cases! I'm enjoying the eye candy.

To begin speaking of miscellaneous things, the Nadesico having sub-pilots now is nice. Seeing the Coustwell in action, I picked a martial artist mech I see, I'm all for that, I skipped the Soulgain in AP. Yurika's dad was mentioned in AP, but never shown, and he seems delightful in his little snippet here. This alternative telling of the Nadesico stuff is more thrilling to start, since the Banpresto Original starts with them and not Bright. Brain Powered's "robots" appear to be organic things, which sounds about right for something with "Brain" in its title. The lack of Battle Masteries/Skill Points means I can take fights at my own pace without worry. Akurasu doesn't mention unique Ace Bonuses, so I won't worry about who I feed kills to, the strongest/most convenient takers can take them.

I played through only the first two battles. Owing to being my first time using VBA, I needed to adjust the controls, and therefore accidentally skipped the game's opening background details, I read through them first thing later. I will say that things feel more chaotic in the backstory here than in A, and that the script seems longer too. The lack of a Robopedia b/c GBA possibly couldn't hold all that extra text might make things harder to follow for all the stuff I'm not already familiar with.

I'm enjoying this all in all.🙂 SRW is comfort food for me.

SRW-J-English14.png

You Get to Burning is still good in chiptune BTW. GO! Aestivalis isn't as pleasant, but I don't mind leaving YGtB to Yurika alone, to separate the titular ship from its little minions.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

"Mage Dragons have a naturally high body temperature" INTSYS NO, DON'T GIVE THEM AMMUNITION 

*Grabs a dagger, cuts its belly wide open, and take refuge in the Mage Dragon from the arctic blizzard conditions. Covering myself in bloody and the ooze of the viscera in the process. I do not bathe for another two days nor remove my clothes until I return to civilization.*

...Thats what you meant, right?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehh I don't know, Lindon is still stated to die shortly after the war. Unless he's too Old to obtain these magical benefits.

Still, even if we assume this to be true, 110 years is still absolutely nothing in dragon years. Alear casually naps for almost 10 times that amount of years. Zelestia remains the only viable option for Alear. And they locked her behind a paywall, smh IntSys resorting to such underhanded tactics for a quick buck

Still, it's the fun part of being a fanfic writer. Coming up with ways, even if they will only ever be headcanon.

I already thought of one, but the only I'll say for now is that it wouldn't involve the Pact Ring, despite my earlier talk.

Man, I love how Alear and Nel just don't get along lol

So i am up to Ch.3 on hard and honestly...i don't get the complaints at all? Like, some people were saying hard is harder than main game maddening...definetly not.

Maybe on Maddening it will be horrifying, but i will deal with it when i get to it probably tomorrow, but hard is definetly not the horriyfying experience many are making it out to be.

Just wish inventory was less of an annoyance, and that newcomers aren't stuck with Bond 1 rip

Anyway who brought Kaga out of his FE blockade for Chapter 3. This be lookin like modern Thracia 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Dragan what the fuck, why are you running at the assassins trying to kill you.

Thank goodness for quietus. It may be a weird mechanic, but I nonetheless appreciate the ability to just warp the dumb NPC out of harms way.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRW-J-English01.png

Oh God, I saw this screenshot, my mind immediately went "Calvina Colgate" and then I remembered that was exactly what I thought the one time I tried this game out.

I guess some things just don't change.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, it's the fun part of being a fanfic writer. Coming up with ways, even if they will only ever be headcanon.

I already thought of one, but the only I'll say for now is that it wouldn't involve the Pact Ring, despite my earlier talk.

I will await with curiosity.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Man, I love how Alear and Nel just don't get along lol

Alear is so used to being worshipped, it must come as quite the shock.

So i am up to Ch.3 on hard and honestly...i don't get the complaints at all? Like, some people were saying hard is harder than main game maddening...definetly not.

Maybe on Maddening it will be horrifying, but i will deal with it when i get to it probably tomorrow, but hard is definetly not the horriyfying experience many are making it out to be.

Just wish inventory was less of an annoyance, and that newcomers aren't stuck with Bond 1 rip

Oh, well that's awesome.

Incidentally, I have heard DLC difficulty can be adjusted separately from the main game. Is that true?

Anyway who brought Kaga out of his slumber for Chapter 3. This be lookin like modern Thracia 

...Oh dear. Does that mean cool, or warpskip?

Incidentally, I have heard DLC difficulty can be adjusted separately from the main game. Is that true?

Yes

So for future runs where you wanna use DLC from the beginning just set to easy and streamroll through in an hour or so

Does that mean cool, or warpskip?

No warps available.

As if cool or not, we shall see, but da heck so many ballistas and canons and fliers and archers covering Canons in a way very remiscent of Kaga and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA