Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game kicks things off with Nadesico. Akito's portrait is pretty similar to his AP one, whereas Koji looks way more serious/edgy/hot-blooded than in AP. Mazinger Z on that note is an energy hog in this game, literally none of its attacks are EN-free, yeesh. First time seeing the Aphrodite A, given Sayaka already had Diana A in AP, the Aphrodite looks more "bad guy" visually.

To be fair, this is a different Kouji.

I think the Aphrodite A has a slightly different design in Mazinkaizer than it does in Mazinger Z. Not much different, though.

Visually, this game is something of a small disappointment. I've seen snippets of plain-old A, these graphics resemble them a little too much for my liking, they're "rusty".

Considering J was the last GBA SRW, that's quite the comment. Though yeah, some sprite reuse might be in play.

Still, what J has over the rest is the animations. Years of perfecting them, I guess.

I'm enjoying this all in all.🙂 SRW is comfort food for me.

Good to know!

You Get to Burning is still good in chiptune BTW. GO! Aestivalis isn't as pleasant, but I don't mind leaving YGtB to Yurika alone, to separate the titular ship from its little minions.

Will agree, though I have come to like GO! Aestivalis as well.

*Grabs a dagger, cuts its belly wide open, and take refuge in the Mage Dragon from the arctic blizzard conditions. Covering myself in bloody and the ooze of the viscera in the process. I do not bathe for another two days nor remove my clothes until I return to civilization.*

...Thats what you meant, right?

Who are you, Han?

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Grabs a dagger, cuts its belly wide open, and take refuge in the Mage Dragon from the arctic blizzard conditions. Covering myself in bloody and the ooze of the viscera in the process. I do not bathe for another two days nor remove my clothes until I return to civilization.*

...Thats what you meant, right?

I think that's murder.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, I have heard DLC difficulty can be adjusted separately from the main game. Is that true?

Yes and there's no arbitrary restriction either.

You know, ngl. The fact main Elyos has 13 (even if only recently) Emblems while the alt Elyos has 7...

It gives me very Kingdom Hearts vibes.

Nomura! *shakes fist*

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I wonder if I could find someone willing to make an art request for Aurora... most likely it would have to be a paid comission, I bet.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yes

So for future runs where you wanna use DLC from the beginning just set to easy and streamroll through in an hour or so

Not ideal, but at least there's the option.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No warps available.

As if cool or not, we shall see, but da heck so many ballistas and canons and fliers and archers covering Canons in a way very remiscent of Kaga and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh God. Sounds like a time, all right.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh God, I saw this screenshot, my mind immediately went "Calvina Colgate" and then I remembered that was exactly what I thought the one time I tried this game out.

I guess some things just don't change.

TBF, this topic right now is talking a lot about the game whose protagonist has been compared to a tube of tooth abrasive.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think that's murder.

How big is a Mage Dragon? I'm sure it has room to fit me without badly messing with the organ placement, and if I close the wound as soon I get in, the blood loss ought to be bearable. It might not die, infection of the wound would be the biggest concern I think. It's not like I was intending to kill it anyhow. Should hold up in court if it sadly comes to that.😄

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who are you, Han?

I never saw the movie, but the ancient show known as "Mythbusters" covered it once, ignoring tontons aren't real and imagining it was simply a very large hypothetical cold climate-adapted mammal. I think it'd keep you warm enough to stay alive they said.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering J was the last GBA SRW, that's quite the comment. Though yeah, some sprite reuse might be in play.

Still, what J has over the rest is the animations. Years of perfecting them, I guess.

I can still get into the animations, they can thrill me. They're certainly better than OG1 and I loved that. The Distortion Punch/Gekigan Flare choreography is different than in AP, and not at all in a bad way. 

The Coustwell is nice, being Original no doubt. And it's entirely imaginable that things like Mazinkaiser or Shin Getter and other heroic ultimates will be downright excellent.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I thought only the lords and retainers would get battle convos with the EeeEeeEvil counterparts, but no, turns out they also gave Best Boy and Best Girl convos with their country's lords. It's sad that I'm shocked they remembered their existences, but here we are.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Lindon tries to offer Hortensia sweets in the middle of battle. That's so fucking adorable, this guy is the best.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TBF, this topic right now is talking a lot about the game whose protagonist has been compared to a tube of tooth abrasive.

Perhaps, but I tried out this game before the leaks even existed, so...

I'd say, the way I'm doing Xenologue 6, I bet it will boil down to

Spoiler

Clearing the entire thing and wait a lot of turns for Nil to finally get to the top of the map.

You know, another random musing.

If you think Sombron metaphorically regurgitating Hyacinth to be made a Corrupted was already something, then the fact...

Spoiler

Nil could bring back the Corrupted royals, likely several times, and even the ones Nel herself devoured, is another something.

Doing Xenolouge 6 while I wait for my buddy to pick me up (we're all going to see the Mario movie).

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, the way I'm doing Xenologue 6, I bet it will boil down to

Reveal hidden contents

Clearing the entire thing and wait a lot of turns for Nil to finally get to the top of the map.

Probably. I tried to see if there was any cheese but nah.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nil:"Each of us had proven we can handle ourselves in battle"

Bro cap. You are like one of the most useless units in the series qnd the only reason you aren't Roy is because Dragon Ultility

Roy still better I fear.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

we're all going to see the Mario movie

Have fun! And I hope you at least enjoy it somewhat!

Edited by Lightcosmo

Doing Xenolouge 6 while I wait for my buddy to pick me up (we're all going to see the Mario movie).

I'll have to wait until the weekend for that. At least it's a three-day weekend.

Probably. I tried to see if there was any cheese but nah.

Nope, there's not.

So ch.4 is Radiant Dawn time

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

we're all going to see the Mario movie

Oh do tell us how it is. My brother and i might go tomorrow or in the weekend

Enjoy!

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Roy still better I fear.

Roy can't use Staves

Random musing, but I'd say, it was something of a missed opportunity for Engage to not have the Goddess Icon instead be the Alear Icon. I mean, Tellius has the Ashera Icon, so it's possible for the games to say who exactly is the icon of...

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lumera icon then 😛

That would've been more likely, yeah, but still. It's Alear the one that most of Elyos worships, not her.

And then as a cute subtle nod, Ivy could've joined with one in her inventory, hehe.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

... I'd say, I need to ramble. It doesn't have to be read, but I want to post it in a way that could be read by anyone. It's related to my fanfic ideas. So unless you want to be spoiled for my still long-term plans...

Spoiler

So yeah, with the Engage rewrite I'm doing, one thing for sure I want to do is for there to be no Emblem theft at Destinea. Because Lumera busts in to save Alear and company. I thought I'd have it set that she'd die there... but now I'm a bit torn on what to do. Like, I have the path set on what would happen afterwards... but it's kinda amusing to imagine if instead, as she gets surrounded with seemingly no hope of escape, with Sombron gloating and all that... she just goes "lol nope", Engages with Sigurd and Overrides her way out. Which, yes, means she'd still be alive post Chapter 10... and while it's tempting, I'd need to think where I could take that to be something worthwhile to actually choose it as the course of events to happen.

You can say the FX left me with something of a bad taste in the mouth, and while I was already leaning in that direction, I want for Lumera to live. You might notice that the original plan of having her, you know, still die sounds like it clashes with this. But well, there is one thing I can thank FX for, and it's that it makes it canon that Corrupted can just... go on and live their un-lives for... seemingly indefinitely? Point is, there's precedent, so now I feel justified if I were to stick with my original plan.

Still, I'm torn on keeping it or changing it up... ah, what to do...