Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

the heroines in the "prequel stories" are written in a way where they feel like they would've kept tagging along but because the "prequel" was made later, for obvious reasons, they can't. Or maybe that was just Ys 8.

Just Ys8, and not as much as not tag along, but "completely write her out of the setting with extra bullshit reason" more like

If you played Ys 8 you would see that her fate is extra harsh

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The Fate of Ys Heroines

Spoiler

Ys 1/2 - Petrified

Ys Origin - Petrified until the events of Ys 1/2 (only to be petrified again at the end of Ys 1/2 :D)

Ys 3 - No true heroine here honestly. Although if you count the one, her brother died iirc

Ys 4 - Usefulness level: Athol. Still alive

Ys 6 - Still Alive

Ys 7 - Main antagonist of the story - died

Ys 8 - Madoka'd herself and her society got erased from history

Ys 9 - alive

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

lmao Yuliya

2.png?width=829&height=621

Yumina is actually unironically pretty good. Her only problem is that she's outclassed by Malicia, but she's good on her own right, and Malicia is trash anyway so you should use Yumina instead. She's like, the only cool child in the series. And she has a support with Yubello, like, I can't believe you've not used her.

Also, Linde doesn't "just die" when using nosferatu. Nosferatu in this game is completely broken, there is no weight, you regain health for all damage you deal, lol dodging in DSFE, lol resistance in DSFE... All Linde needs is exactly enough HP and defenses to survive one hit, and she's good forever. That goes for all of them, of course. Malicia can use it to great effect as well, but she's trash.

What do her weapon ranks have to do with her being a woman?

Oh, nothing. That's more of a general upside of starting as a sage.

No but seriously, the drill grounds seem way too expensive to ever be worthwhile, when you can easily train units for free everywhere that isn’t like, chapter 8.

Level ups work differently there. Units are guaranteed to get a set amount of stats, depending on their level. I believe it goes like, if their growth total is 340% for example, they will always gain 3 stats, with a chance to obtain 4. So you can assure yourself some good gains like that.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, time to end this...

And it's done. CF is over.

Well done. How'd you like it in the end?

Does Xenoblade Chronicles tell you the age/heights of the main characters? If not, then here:

e02aab2db8093dc11c7f71d63c6342d5.png

In order of

Shulk - Reyn - Sharla - Fiora - Fiora - Riki - Dunban - Melia. That would be from top to bottom Shulk obviously being top of the list.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The Fate of Ys Heroines

Reveal hidden contents

Ys 1/2 - Petrified

Ys Origin - Petrified until the events of Ys 1/2 (only to be petrified again at the end of Ys 1/2 :D)

Ys 3 - No true heroine here honestly. Although if you count the one, her brother died iirc

Ys 4 - Usefulness level: Athol. Still alive

Ys 6 - Still Alive

Ys 7 - Main antagonist of the story - died

Ys 8 - Madoka'd herself and her society got erased from history

Ys 9 - alive

Spoiler

>Ys 7 Heroine

>Main antagonist

Ahh the old switcheroo.

34 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Does Xenoblade Chronicles tell you the age/heights of the main characters? If not, then here:

e02aab2db8093dc11c7f71d63c6342d5.png

In order of

Shulk - Reyn - Sharla - Fiora - Fiora - Riki - Dunban - Melia. That would be from top to bottom Shulk obviously being top of the list.

Apart from Riki, I don't think anyone's age is directly stated outright. But their ages have been known for a decade.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Apart from Riki, I don't think anyone's age is directly stated outright. But their ages have been known for a decade.

Strangely enough, i never decided to just look up their ages, haha.

25 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I could never order anything out like this, it would annoy me to the end:

4e75850f2b40410ed71ae2bdfeed795d.png

It just LOOKS messy! XD

What's wrong with it? It's just a simple list of numerical idOH GOD WHY IS THE FIVE THERE

51 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

It just LOOKS messy! XD

Mathematicians be like

Hm? I take it the original didn't had the Affinity Chart to check that up? Since I know they're there in DE for the most part.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well done. How'd you like it in the end?

Playing through it was enjoyable.

I simply skipped the story parts.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2.png?width=829&height=621

Yumina is actually unironically pretty good. Her only problem is that she's outclassed by Malicia, but she's good on her own right, and Malicia is trash anyway so you should use Yumina instead. She's like, the only cool child in the series. And she has a support with Yubello, like, I can't believe you've not used her.

Oh I have been using her. Her and her brother right since they joined.

But I mean considering that every healer was better than her at base, it didn’t exactly seem optimal. Although I have kinda forgotten about reclassing with the exception of dracoknight Arran.

Also, Linde doesn't "just die" when using nosferatu. Nosferatu in this game is completely broken, there is no weight, you regain health for all damage you deal, lol dodging in DSFE, lol resistance in DSFE... All Linde needs is exactly enough HP and defenses to survive one hit, and she's good forever. That goes for all of them, of course. Malicia can use it to great effect as well, but she's trash.

Oh that sounds fun.

Level ups work differently there. Units are guaranteed to get a set amount of stats, depending on their level. I believe it goes like, if their growth total is 340% for example, they will always gain 3 stats, with a chance to obtain 4. So you can assure yourself some good gains like that.

But

I’m

Broke!

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Playing through it was enjoyable.

I simply skipped the story parts.

Damn.

Who did you use? Any standout units?

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Damn.

Who did you use? Any standout units?

Just the students for the most part.

Final party were the House members, Jeritza, Constance, and Yuri.

Apparently today is Autistic Pride Day. No, it has nothing to do with that kind of pride🏳️‍🌈 despite falling in the middle of its month. Just a day to celebrate neurodiversity is all. Second year I've been aware that it's a thing, and still weird that it isn't in April, the autism awareness month.

Anywho, I can definitely feel my own, spending some of last night and this morning typing out some writing scribbles in an explanatory way as if it were an Internet post -except I'm not posting the junk anywhere. A want to explain something ad nauseam definitely feels Aspergerian.😆 Although I can justify it as committing my current thoughts to the record, in case they should ever change.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

It just LOOKS messy! XD

*Sees the prior numeric columns you posted.*

Spoiler

Makes logical sense if that column lined up with the other age/height columns given the characters you said they described.:

Shulk-Reyn-Sharla-Fiora-Fiora-Riki-Dunban-Melia

1-2-5-3-8-6-4-7

The pcid numbers then, are the order of character recruitment after the prologue. First Shulk and Reyn, then Fiora, then temporarily Dunban during the Colony 9 attack, then Sharla, then Riki, Melia, and lastly FIO-RA.

Now in terms of permanent playability, Shulk=Reyn-Sharla-Dunban-Riki=Melia-Final Cross Buster is the correct order, which is the arrangement that the columns almost go in.

• Yet, they threw early-Fiora into this lineup, and for some reason placed Steel Girl With A Soul besides her. That mucks up the arrangement.
  • And why does Dundun come after Riki? That makes no sense. Is this data true of XC1 original? Does it suggest Mr. Uzuki 3.0 was going to permanently join later in the initial plans?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just the students for the most part.

Final party were the House members, Jeritza, Constance, and Yuri.

Good, they’re the best house after all.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh I have been using her. Her and her brother right since they joined.

Good. Very good.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But

I’m

Broke!

Did you buy a lot of extra weaponry? This is one of the FEs where you need to buy weapons the least, since over 70 stooges will join you with steel stuff. By the end of the game you'll have a surplus of silver weapons from all the worthless prepromotes. Iron weaponry is also worthless past the first arc, so there's another thing you don't need to buy. Tomes is basically the only weaponry you'll need to purchase, since magic users are less common.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I basically intend to do that. Use the House members for every playthrough but the last, where I'll mix-and-match.

I'm pretty sure they assumed everyone would be doing this, which is why they thought Reunion at Dawn was an okay idea.

Anyway, good luck with your next playthrough and use Hanneman this time.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees the prior numeric columns you posted.*

Reveal hidden contents

Makes logical sense if that column lined up with the other age/height columns given the characters you said they described.:

Shulk-Reyn-Sharla-Fiora-Fiora-Riki-Dunban-Melia

1-2-5-3-8-6-4-7

The pcid numbers then, are the order of character recruitment after the prologue. First Shulk and Reyn, then Fiora, then temporarily Dunban during the Colony 9 attack, then Sharla, then Riki, Melia, and lastly FIO-RA.

Now in terms of permanent playability, Shulk=Reyn-Sharla-Dunban-Riki=Melia-Final Cross Buster is the correct order, which is the arrangement that the columns almost go in.

• Yet, they threw early-Fiora into this lineup, and for some reason placed Steel Girl With A Soul besides her. That mucks up the arrangement.
  • And why does Dundun come after Riki? That makes no sense. Is this data true of XC1 original? Does it suggest Mr. Uzuki 3.0 was going to permanently join later in the initial plans?

This is DE from the Switch.

I really have no idea what their original design was. Its certainly interesting, though!

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did you buy a lot of extra weaponry?

Yes, I’ve been buying javelins and hand axes all game and silver weapons when they were available. With the silver card of course, but still.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is one of the FEs where you need to buy weapons the least, since over 70 stooges will join you with steel stuff. By the end of the game you'll have a surplus of silver weapons from all the worthless prepromotes.

There must be an influx of those coming in soon because I’ve hardly gotten any.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yes, I’ve been buying javelins and hand axes all game and silver weapons when they were available. With the silver card of course, but still.

There must be an influx of those coming in soon because I’ve hardly gotten any.

Yeah, pro-tip: Don't waste your money on silver weapons. Buy like, one if you feel you're going to need it, but trust me, there's a stretch between Altea and Archanea where you get a whole pile of useless morons carrying silvers, and by the end of the game you're kinda using them like irons. People straight up call these units Free Silvers lol.