Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

My solution to survive the grueling boredom and routine monotony of work week is basically by trying to be a machine until Friday.

I hate this. I hate it so much.

But i don't think i can stay sane otherwise. I need to shutdown my inner self to not become crazy

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh, c'mon, the protagonist promotion in FE6 breaks if you move it to a different chapter for no discernible reason.

Why is this game so annoying...

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They think that’s bad, you should tell them about Mari.

Hahahah, oh, that was one helluva stroke of genius on my part, if I do say so myself.

Just found there’s an in-game relationship chart by name. I was shaken, I had to explore all of it despite knowing the relationships already,

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My solution to survive the grueling boredom and routine monotony of work week is basically by trying to be a machine until Friday.

I hate this. I hate it so much.

But i don't think i can stay sane otherwise. I need to shutdown my inner self to not become crazy

Capitalism bro

I really hope your situation improves, Shrimpy. I wish I could give you practical advice, but you know…

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What makes it all worse is that i realise i have it better than like 90% of the planet....

…that’s relatable tho.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah, oh, that was one helluva stroke of genius on my part, if I do say so myself.

I don’t know how I fell for it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

o7

I will give you one: Enjoy college/university to the fullest!

Thank you! It would be easier to if I knew what I wanted to go to school for, which would help know where I want to go, figure out logistics, things to do now, etc.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, do go on, don't leave us hanging.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

o7

Of course, if your college/university time sucked to begin with...

I consider myself better off now that I'm working.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know how I fell for it.

Well, it was a simple trick, but effective, pretending that the red herring was the actual spoiler. And when you got there, you went "yeah I knew that." And Ruben smiled bigly that day.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

o7

You know, one of the harrowing thoughts I remember from when I was an 8 year old who constantly beat himself up over not having the courage to slit his own throat was this absolute terror that I wasn't enjoying my childhood, because I thought adulthood would be misery without end, devoid of all freedom and meaning. Then I grew up and things only got better for me.

What I'm trying to say is, nobody knows what the future holds. So uh... Yeah, ultimately, I agree. Try to enjoy this next step as much as possible! But don't go to the other extreme and assume life will end the second education ends. Sooks doesn't live in Japan, after all.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, do go on, don't leave us hanging.

Noooo Acacia!

Of course, if your college/university time sucked to begin with...

I consider myself better off now that I'm working.

Yeah, likewise. I spent three months in college before I realized "oh fuck I'm falling into depression, no way I'm getting the hell out of here."

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it was a simple trick, but effective, pretending that the red herring was the actual spoiler. And when you got there, you went "yeah I knew that." And Ruben smiled bigly that day.

Still remember when I saw the stairs in-game

You know, one of the harrowing thoughts I remember from when I was an 8 year old who constantly beat himself up over not having the courage to slit his own throat

That’s… intense. It’s good that it sounds like your life is better, tho.

But don't go to the other extreme and assume life will end the second education ends. Sooks doesn't live in Japan, after all.

you really are a weeb

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was an 8 year old

493648303947251713.webp?size=128&quality

"oh fuck I'm falling into depression, 

me with work

Sooks doesn't live in Japan, after all

for now

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

you really are a weeb

told ya

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Still remember when I saw the stairs in-game

I remember when you called me names for bamboozling you. I was very happy. I wish it hadn't been an entirely spoiler box convo, that makes it difficult to find it in the thread's history.

That’s… intense.

Ah, I realize now it's probably something too heavy to just mention off-handedly like I did. My apologies. You know how I like my fioritures in text, but in this case it would've been better to skip the details.

But uh... yeah. I have vivid memories of sitting in kitchen, feeling sad that I couldn't just do it. Not to worry, though, I haven't had such terrible thoughts in many years. You see, one day I played a game called B. Saga, and it saved my life--

It’s good that it sounds like your life is better, tho.

I credit my parents. I don't want to imagine what would have become of me if I didn't have the wonderful family that I have.

you really are a weeb

But... I literally don't like Japan. What, I can't even mention Japan now without being a weeb?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

493648303947251713.webp?size=128&quality

It's okay. It's been a long time. Now the only knifing I think of is the knifing of lolis in videogames.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

me with work

Yeah... The problem with that is that it's not as easily left. I can only second what Sooks said. Hang in there, pal!

It's okay. It's been a long time.

good! Stay healthy!

The problem with that is that it's not as easily left.

yeah it just shackles your life completely

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You can get used to it.

Have been hearing that forever

I just keep hating it (and my life) more day by day instead of "getting used to it"

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Have been hearing that forever

I just keep hating it (and my life) more day by day instead of "getting used to it"

Hmm. Well, here's a thought: tax evasion--

Nah but in all seriousness, there's a lot wrong with the modern life. All we can do is take it one step at a time and try to find small joys in life so it doesn't bring us down. I know it sounds like armchair psychologist bullshit, and that's because it is, but well... There's not much we can really do, is there.

That fucking thief.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

for now

Dun dun dunnnnnn

何という衝撃的な展開でしょう! (Google翻訳の翻訳が意味を成していれば幸いです)

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember when you called me names for bamboozling you. I was very happy. I wish it hadn't been an entirely spoiler box convo, that makes it difficult to find it in the thread's history.

I called you names for it? Damn, don’t remember that.

Ah, I realize now it's probably something too heavy to just mention off-handedly like I did. My apologies. You know how I like my fioritures in text, but in this case it would've been better to skip the details.

Oh, it’s not a problem, just 8 years old was an astonishing detail. My reaction was about the shame as Shrimpy’s.

google’s only result for that super fancy word is something about flowers

But uh... yeah. I have vivid memories of sitting in kitchen, feeling sad that I couldn't just do it. Not to worry, though, I haven't had such terrible thoughts in many years.

I’m glad you haven’t.

You see, one day I played a game called B. Saga, and it saved my life--

God damn it, it was a four hour long video essay all along.

But... I literally don't like Japan. What, I can't even mention Japan now without being a weeb?

You don’t like my apparent future home?? どうしてそれを侮辱することができますか、このクソ野郎!

Uh, all that is to say, yes.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All we can do is take it one step at a time and try to find small joys in life so it doesn't bring us down.

What small joys when my life is basically work and "sleep" (and even that i can't do right lol)?

The few hours of gaming per week or the 1 game per year i look forward to?

The small walks i take every couple days?

Really not worth the routine bullshit

Accepting that fact is what I'd consider part of the process of making it better, if slightly.

Not really.  If anything negative thoughts keep getting louder

Especially during auto pilot