Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Well, the support thing is incredibly disappointing, but that aside, the hack's done.

If anyone wants to play FE6 but with the bad guys, let me know and I'll throw you a patch.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

I am going to have to disagree here. Due to lacking a pressure pad. certain games such as MMBN are lacking on an emulator compared to it's GBA counterpart (cant say for other versions, though). Things like activating the Shield program as quickly as you can on GBA is VERY difficult on emulator.

I... have no idea what you're talking about, to be completely honest.

Then again, more exotic components such as these are never straightforward to emulate, and also usually utilized by few games. It's the kind of thing that makes games diffficult to port even officially. It's something one has to accept.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nah cause they got FE8 to run on the 3DS before and also the GBA as a whole on Wii U and now that happens lmao.

The Switch is so weak it can't even run FE7 lolololololololol

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe he disappeared because a Valkyrie picked up him as an Einherjar...

Someone sacrificed him.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I ... have no idea what you're talking about, to be completely honest.

Then again, more exotic components such as these are never straightforward to emulate, and also usually utilized by few games. It's the kind of thing that makes games diffficult to port even officially. It's something one has to accept

just saying emulation isnt 100% superior to console/handheld gaming. At least in my experience it isnt.

11 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

just saying emulation isnt 100% superior to console/handheld gaming. At least in my experience it isnt.

I mean, no, but what I was talking about wasn't the original experience, it was the Switch's official emulation. Because it is emulation, the Switch is, well, obviously not a GBA. And this emulation has consistently proven to be worse than fan-made emulation. Which is really sad.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just saying, she doesn't need to be alive for that...

Perhaps even being dead or otherwise in some kind of un-typical life state would make it easier for her to show up wherever the game would take place. Unless Adol returns up there.

Adol meeting this new girl 10 years later

3d450r.jpg?a468552

You know, after a long hard week in the salt mines it puts a feeble smile on my melancholic visage to know that I can kick back with a bottle of rot gut and enjoy the commiseration of others.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

8nRjhhi.png

Hmmm

Praising any fictional character/thing this much is bound to result in someone ranting about how severely overrated it is. Be careful how much encomia you give Our Lady of Eternia.

But, against the notion she can never return...

Spoiler

Falcom can BS an excuse, however "we wrote ourselves into a corner, we had no choice but for this to be contrived" it would be.

Dana isn't dead, she immortal now. Technically obliged to noninterference, but, rules can have exceptions.😜 If they even wanted to, they could somehow have a civilization that realized she exists -people already know that mother goddess exists- and assemble altars venerating her, even if they knew not her proper name.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looks like the situation in Russia is indeed escalating.

I guess "he accidentally fell off to his death from high-rise apartment" wouldn't work with a man like this.

-Though it seems the orders to depose Mr. Mercenary aren't official? Let's wait & see. His new comments do speak of an ego born of a meteoric rise to prominence, a dramatic fall would make for a good way to end this story, but reality doesn't always make for perfect fiction.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess "he accidentally fell off to his death from high-rise apartment" wouldn't work with a man like this.

-Though it seems the orders to depose Mr. Mercenary aren't official? Let's wait & see. His new comments do speak of an ego born of a meteoric rise to prominence, a dramatic fall would make for a good way to end this story, but reality doesn't always make for perfect fiction.

There's a lot of info coming right now... but also lots of information fog.

The arrest orders are official. There's already a reported clash at Rostov on Don. A military base near Moscow on fire. Russia is censoring Internet access. Etc.

Something is definitely happening short-term.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

8nRjhhi.png

Hmmm

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Falcom can BS an excuse, however "we wrote ourselves into a corner, we had no choice but for this to be contrived" it would be.

Yeah I mean just look at Doctor Who, king of "we wrote ourselves into a corner, eh just bullshit a way out". It usually works.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Coup time?

But would Russia be liberated or placed under new management? Cause with coups it's usually the latter.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
This is amazing. GBA emulation has been easy, convenient and stable for decades. It's been like, the easiest console to emulate forever. Potatos can run GBA emulators, and they work without discernible flaws. And then Nintendo's official, paid service manages to crash FE7 somehow. Nintendo Online never ceases to impress.

11 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I am going to have to disagree here. Due to lacking a pressure pad. certain games such as MMBN are lacking on an emulator compared to it's GBA counterpart (cant say for other versions, though). Things like activating the Shield program as quickly as you can on GBA is VERY difficult on emulator.

I’m using OpenEmu which isnt giving me real trouble at all, but one thing I did notice was with GBA games every so often they’ll hang up for a couple seconds. The audio will keep goin but the video would stall 

Not a big deal with turn based games but with stuff like metroid or castlevania that can be a bit of a problem 

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

if it's really a coup anyway. I read it's more Wagner vs. Minister of Defence

Partially played out on social media for all to see. With the stuff in the shadows leaving something to the overactive imagination.🍿

Internal tensions, dysfunctions, rivalries, and downright toxic acrimony have certainly existed in governments and militaries since humanity began organizing on a large scale. What is new this time around, is that ordinary people outside of the elite of the royal court/administration/army staff can observe this dispute, and in real time.

Amusing to see this happen, from afar. -Although if this has any negative ramifications on anyone anywhere in Russia or Ukraine who is innocent, then I do feel some guilt for finding entertainment value in the disorder that is affecting those victims.

Cold Steel IV Act I-2

Spoiler

After being the setting for two spinoffs, it's cool that the party finally gets to visit Alster. Kai and Tilia also make welcome in-game appearances for the first time even though she beat me in Vantage Masters...

Lucy is back, remember her? She was in Moon Door 3, even Kloe was charmed by how pretty she was. I'm not sure who her friend is though (or if I'm supposed to know, but I'll probably feel really dumb when I find out), aside from her presumably not being Remiferian. Nielson is back too, you know it's the finale game when a bunch of random supporting characters return.

Musse reveals the last bits of her backstory and rejoins the party after some persuasion. Her plan seems to be having every other country gang up on Erebonia, but she'd prefer if Class VII helped her find a different way as unlike Edelgard, she prefers to avoid mass death if possible.

Cedric and Shirley are a match made in Gehenna (though I assume her heart still belongs to Rixia). He and Testa-Rossa are second on the list of Divine Knight fights, the Vermillion Apocalypse seems to have been purged somehow but Testa-Rossa retains some of its abilities. "Look at little Osborne Jr. Gonna cry?" -Ash, probably

21 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Could War Elephants work in Fire Emblem? - General Fire Emblem - Serenes  Forest Forums

Obscure biology fact: this was officially translated as "Pachyderm", which is a term used to describe thick-skinned hoofed mammals like elephants, rhinos, and hippos. Those animals aren't closely related like biologists previously thought, but the term is still sometimes informally used to describe creatures with such attributes.

Maybe Elephant Mario is actually a Pachyderm powerup, and Luigi will turn into a rhino or something.

20 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

FFXVI is barely out and there's its already making people seethe

To be fair, when's the last time a Final Fantasy game didn't make people seethe?

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Never thought I'd see the day you'd defend Final Too Archetypal Fantasy.

David Menkin is in this one, so Armagon's willing to give it some credit.

Super Mario Bros review

They announced a new 2D Mario after like a decade so it's time to go over these. It's Super Mario Bros. Legendary historical game that's aged fine but this also isn't gonna be anyone's favorite 2D Mario either.

6/10

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Happy birthday, Edel. Killed any popes today?

After playing AC2 again that marks the second time this year I've killed the pope in a video game

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also she almost looks wrong to me without a massive forehead now

Fivehead Edelgard is certainly an iconic creation

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Super Mario Bros review

They announced a new 2D Mario after like a decade so it's time to go over these. It's Super Mario Bros. Legendary historical game that's aged fine but this also isn't gonna be anyone's favorite 2D Mario either.

6/10

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure Super Mario Bros NES and Super Mario Odyssey are the only two Mario games I've actually beaten.