Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh my God there's a whole challenge mode in Sifu with like, a bazillion combat scenarios on top of all the content from the base game. Who said this game's short, again?

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Teehee teehee teehee, the next Fire Emblem should have mecha. I will not elaborate further.

Cold Steel IV end of Act I

Spoiler

Besides more returning faces like Cecile and Vandyke, the Hayworths get another quest. It's not quite "Harold and Sophia lost their child again" because Colin ran away on purpose this time, and it develops their relationship in a way that doesn't involve Renne.

Sharon's new outfit is certainly something. Lechter gets an explanation as to why he and Claire are still working for Osborne but Juna is real sick of Campanella at this point. Leave him alone Junie, he's just a funny guy.

The Auric Knight finally appears after being awakened by Rufus, all seven of the Divine Knights are now active. Rather than something noble like "he left House Albarea to Jusis because he's the rightful heir", it turns out Rufus took charge of Crossbell to look for it, which explains his comment about the last Knight in the previous game. He's also notably more hostile than usual; is he drunk with power, or does he just have no reason to play nice anymore? The Legion of Doom probably requires all seven knights for their plan, so I wonder where things will go from here...

Along with the Brights and SSS, Bleublanc himself makes a beauteous return to help us out. It was probably the most hype moment in the game so far. Walter is also mentioned, but joins Rixia and Arios in the forever offscreen club. Class VII gets two new honorary members, now the daughters are all assembled.

Is Ash the first person to think Estelle is hot? It only took nine games for someone to find her attractive...

On 6/25/2023 at 7:35 PM, Sooks said:

Good choice, but why do you wanna be different from me?

So that I can ask you if anything interesting happened for the choice I didn't pick, of course.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:26 PM, Lightcosmo said:

Well, this is certainly a first. Xd

Trails of Laura SC must be made a reality...

On 6/25/2023 at 10:34 PM, Newtype06 said:

Something tells me you never you never experienced Red Mage Laura

I haven't, but Laura's physical damage numbers must go as high as possible.

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, now a trip to Sanktheim Gate.

Hm? I got a Yes/No prompt after a battle... but I'll admit I was quickly pressing the button so I couldn't see what it was. I ended up choosing No, for whatever that was.

You probably learned a new S-craft and it asked if you wanted to set it as your S-break, which you probably should.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every time the topic comes up I feel compelled to point out that all I know about Kingdom Hearts is videos like this, and I kinda feel like that's really all I need.

I like Kingdom Hearts and all but...

Well dayum... 😳

Step out a minute to get some work done and they changed the name of the place 

Anyhoo.... Ch 11A of Sacred Stones. I got me a guiding ring, elysian whip, a hero crest, and a mess of folks demanding promotion. Lessee... who to give em to? 🤔

Ok, Artur gets the guiding ring, and methinks I’ll give the other two to the cute ladies. That would be Marisa and Tana 😁

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Teehee teehee teehee, the next Fire Emblem should have mecha. I will not elaborate further.

I approve of this message.

Give me FE Dunbine edition.

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You probably learned a new S-craft and it asked if you wanted to set it as your S-break, which you probably should.

Oh, I see.

Recalling, Joshua is level 22 where he learns Black Fang, so I guess that was why the message popped up.

I suppose I can do that from the menu then. Good to know.

Tee…hee?

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Honestly if it means sci-fi Emblem

It was probably the most hype moment in the game so far.

But the very beginning of the game

Spoiler

Is Ash the first person to think Estelle is hot? It only took nine games for someone to find her attractive...

Joshua, Kevin

So that I can ask you if anything interesting happened for the choice I didn't pick, of course.

Spoiler

Alisa has some dialogue with Sharon which basically goes:

Alisa: “I’ll drag you home”

Sharon : ”No”

Alisa: “Why not”

Sharon: “Because I’m the adult”

And she and the NPC at the desk at the Reinford company where the IBC was have a little exchange acknowledging each other. As far as Fie, she and Edel say hi to each other and oddly, when you get to that first village in the second part of act 1 with Ash now in your party, which I don’t remember the name of, you get a pop up saying she can now fish, even tho she always could.

I’m assuming Jusis had something to say with Sharon?

Finished the story of Wei in Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, I was in the mood for it. Ending Wei at the Battle of Fan Castle again I see, that's fine. Having Guan Yu leave for the afterlife via a heavenly beam of light... 😵. It baffles me whoever decided on that. Musou is campy, cheesy, I acknowledge that, but that was... simply indescribable. Yeah, I remember hearing DW7 is considered to have better presentation with its story than 8, I think I can see why one would argue that now.

Next up would be Wu. I'll hold off on trying to unlock and play all the hypotheticals until after I complete all the storylines.

And as an aside, what happened to Zhang Liao's old VA? His DW8 one is xtremely ill-fitting. Well, at least Zhang Liao still dual wields poleaxes, that defies the limits of human physiology so much that I relish in the nonsensicality of it.😄

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wouldn't say no to that.😛

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God there's a whole challenge mode in Sifu with like, a bazillion combat scenarios on top of all the content from the base game. Who said this game's short, again?

Well, reading the reviews, I thought it was said that the game consisted of only five levels. 

That, and at the time of release, any free DLC additional content didn't exist yet, in case that's the origins of some of the extra fun.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finished the story of Wei in Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, I was in the mood for it. Ending Wei at the Battle of Fan Castle again I see, that's fine.

Cao Cao died months after Fancheng, so it doesn't surprise me if that's where Wei ends.

Having Guan Yu leave for the afterlife via a heavenly beam of light... 😵. It baffles me whoever decided on that. Musou is campy, cheesy, I acknowledge that, but that was... simply indescribable. Yeah, I remember hearing DW7 is considered to have better presentation with its story than 8, I think I can see why one would argue that now.

Shu favoritism? Or at least with the main trio.

Next up would be Wu. I'll hold off on trying to unlock and play all the hypotheticals until after I complete all the storylines.

Did you already cleared Shu or you started with Wei?

I wouldn't say no to that.😛

Next TMS-esque spin-off should be done ala Hero Chronicles. Good first step I'd say, heh.

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Instead of the characters as Stands, they'd be the AI in the mechs (think Rei of Lazyner). Hmm...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cao Cao died months after Fancheng, so it doesn't surprise me if that's where Wei ends.

They did depict Cao Cao's death IIRC in DW7 after Fancheng, and they emphasized his declining health as to why Xiahou Dun is so driven to capture/kill Guan Yu. Here in DW8, Cao Cao just speaks of the future to his son & heir while watching his generals having fun. Xiahou Dun's motivation to kill Guan Yu is weaker, and Cao Pi's official overthrowing of Han Dynasty (with Sima Yi next to him having an evil eyes moment) is also left out.

Yeah, definitely a presentation/narrative step back compared to 7. Not to say it's all bad, nor that 7 was perfect.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Shu favoritism? Or at least with the main trio.

Well, Guan Yu was declared a war god after his demise, maybe that was his apotheosis.😇

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did you already cleared Shu or you started with Wei?

I've chosen to proceed in the default order, as I did in DW7 (my first and only other DW): Wei-Wu-Shu-Jin. I might do the "Other" handful of battles before trying whatever fictitious nonsense is the Lu Bu storyline.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Next TMS-esque spin-off should be done ala Hero Chronicles. Good first step I'd say, heh.

I wouldn't say no that either.😀

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Instead of the characters as Stands, they'd be the AI in the mechs (think Rei of Lazyner). Hmm...

AIs instead of specters from another world for the fourth-ish time. Well, it'd be fresher for FE. 

Since you mention Rei, the idea of a Julius mech where the Julius AI is actually the pawn of a "Julius" AI that quietly defies the pilot-hero from time to time, unexpectedly entered my brain. Although MechaLyon might be a better fit for that.

---

On the topics of mecha and Three Kingdoms, how did the one SRW with this Three Kingdoms SD Gundam thingy write them into the world? I know absolutely nothing of that series, but that sounds trickier, writing in a bunch of sentient Gundams (from a world without any humans?).

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They did depict Cao Cao's death IIRC in DW7 after Fancheng, and they emphasized his declining health as to why Xiahou Dun is so driven to capture/kill Guan Yu. Here in DW8, Cao Cao just speaks of the future to his son & heir while watching his generals having fun. Xiahou Dun's motivation to kill Guan Yu is weaker, and Cao Pi's official overthrowing of Han Dynasty (with Sima Yi next to him having an evil eyes moment) is also left out.

Yeah, definitely a presentation/narrative step back compared to 7. Not to say it's all bad, nor that 7 was perfect.

Hmm... well, you might see with the other stories, but I do recall that there's not much focus with that part of history... I think.

Well, Guan Yu was declared a war god after his demise, maybe that was his apotheosis.😇

I've chosen to proceed in the default order, as I did in DW7 (my first and only other DW): Wei-Wu-Shu-Jin. I might do the "Other" handful of battles before trying whatever fictitious nonsense is the Lu Bu storyline.

Ah, I see.

AIs instead of specters from another world for the fourth-ish time. Well, it'd be fresher for FE. 

Hm? TMS, Engage... who is the third? Are you counting the Einherjar of Awakening?

Since you mention Rei, the idea of a Julius mech where the Julius AI is actually the pawn of a "Julius" AI that quietly defies the pilot-hero from time to time, unexpectedly entered my brain. Although MechaLyon might be a better fit for that.

Yeah, that would be more fitting with Lyon, heh.

On the topics of mecha and Three Kingdoms, how did the one SRW with this Three Kingdoms SD Gundam thingy write them into the world? I know absolutely nothing of that series, but that sounds trickier, writing in a bunch of sentient Gundams (from a world without any humans?).

Admittedly, I don't know. But as it stands, it's post-script, the final battle being part of UX's prologue.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? TMS, Engage... who is the third? Are you counting the Einherjar of Awakening?

The Einherjar count yeah, even if they are naught but fabrications of heroes. Which in itself is sorta interesting, as in the Lewyn-Libra conversation; just, not fully explored.

And Heroes's heroes might be flesh & blood, but they aren't much better than ghosts if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I haven't, but Laura's physical damage numbers must go as high as possible.

pretty sure Gungnir MQ is gonna be neccessary for that one. Just Faint an enemy and watch the damage skyrocket! 

Edited by Lightcosmo

Can I keep Antoine in the party? No? Aw...

Well then, time to do more requests. Reached the Soldat Army Road... and I'll stop for tonight. Will continue tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy silly full psycho, or "I will kill work, because work is killing me" full psycho?😐

Both, or neither. Or dunno.

More the 2nd one.

Although can work kill me if i am already dead inside lol.

Didn't sleep a wink and i was already absolutely done with the week yesterday. Now i am feeling absolutely murderous ngl.

But nah, i won't take the coward's way out.

But i wonder how long i will be able to stick to that

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Didn't sleep a wink and i was already absolutely done with the week yesterday. Now i am feeling absolutely murderous ngl.

But nah, i won't take the coward's way out.

But i wonder how long i will be able to stick to that

I hope you can find an alternative job that'll better fit your preferred work-life balance/circadian rhythm. Hopefully there is something out there that won't tear you down like this.

I should've just become an eternal student. These guys werw doing it right tbh

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully there is something out there that won't tear you down like this.

Dunno if there is. Routine is just part of work life in the fields i am proficient at.

Routine also kills me painfully.

Maybe self-employment. Who knows.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Parents: "you need a woman in your life"

As if i need more shackles right now.

And before any of you thinks of bdsm, get your mind out of the gutter 😛

Don't think of a lover as shackles, think of it a living daki. Something to rest your head on and wrap your arms around (and or have their arms wrapped around you, whichever you'd want) when you want some comfort and consoling.

The effort of GETTING one and maintaining a lover for the long-term though, ooooooooooooooh. Now that's the problem especially for me.