• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus fucking Christ, that's glorious.

The DNA of the soul

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…I’ll just be over here drinking my booze.

image.png

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, I know which map you're tackling. The saviors usually end up in greater trouble than Eirika's group.

Now this is cool. I got father and son fightin side by side 😎

When the time comes I will truly enjoy killing Valter 

Edited by Capt. Fargus

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you'd be surprised

Otome fans love that shit xD

I read quite a few Otome stuff and when i go to the comments i find alot of fangirling if anything like the image you posted happens XD

And from what I've glimpsed from others' comments elsewhere on the web, there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much noncon and dubcon in the BL genre. I do not get it.😧 It turns me off from what reads like 90% of the category. I would prefer fluffiness, with maybe some tragedy, and I think I could tolerate some viscera flying around, but no relationships-aggression nor toxicity. Otomes, judging from the stuff that gets churned out on the Switch -which admittedly imposes a rating-limit on the darkness- seems mostly downright sunshine and puppies by comparison. Alas, gender-neutral dating sim VNs in the Japanese style & polish aren't much of a thing.

I knew this was coming XD

It'd be a little forced, but I think I could assemble an Ys-themed team in Etrian Odyssey Nexus. To be precise.:

Adol- Landsknecht / Dogi- Pugilist / Geis- Highlander / Hummel- Gunner 

And I'd want a healer for the fifth slot, this makes it trickier since Ys doesn't have healers. Yet, as we have a girl who wields a staff in Seven (I can't remember her name), an Arcanist or War Magus would work. It'd make for a perfectly viable team as far I can tell. Although in terms of portraits, "Adol" would be this tweaked to have red hair.:

eo4-landsknecht-male2.jpg

Got a problem with that?😛

...This is actually the second time I've gotten strong EO vibes from another game.😄

The first? Well... since you would never ever play EO b/c random encounters (anyone who would might not want to open these spoilers)...

Spoiler

TBF, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl reveals the one franchise-wide major spoiler five minutes into it...

Spoiler

And EO is ultra-thin when it comes to plot, it's not what the games are about.

Spoiler

...What was I going to fill this spoiler with?😅

Spoiler

Be warned that after you learn what I shall say, I will have to kill you.😊

Spoiler

tumblr_pb7yys5Oo61vq7ybdo1_500.jpg

A long time ago in a world that resembles our own, humanity wrought environmental catastrophe. To save the world, scientists establish the Yggdrasil Project, which would create a plant-based mega-lifeform capable of absorbing the pollution and restoring the planet to an uncontaminated state.

In the long-run, the Yggdrasil Project was a success, but it failed to prevent the collapse of human civilization. Modern technology disappeared, humanity reverted to its primitive origins, society and the collective knowledge of humanity had to be slowly built up anew. It was not long before the truth of the World Tree was entirely forgotten.

The towering ruins of the past buried deep underground, were kept out of mankind's reach by the deadly monsters that thrived within Yggdrasil. Until the people of the little town by the forest -Etria- discovered the entrance to the Yggdrasil Labyrinth, soon adventurers flooded in, and one guild would discover the lost truth.

Now, perish!😝

...Figured out which game had an echo of this? I would be so disappointed if you didn't.

BTW, in EO2, the revelation is generally the same, except the journey ascends the tree and ends at a metallic ark high above in the sky.😉

...Oh yeah, how did I forget earlier to say how you were absolutely right about the dialogue options? This is the silliest Adol around all right. I loves it.😆

I played slightly more, stopped at entering the forest town. Feels like they let me explore a little too big an area for just two playable characters, feels bigger than Seven for sure at least so early. The amnesia angle seems like it's being played with a pinch of freshness here. I also get what you mean about SmolAdol now.😛 Him being so chatty in his memories, even very recent ones, is also astounding in a way.

Can't say this game begins on the wrong foot.😃 But then, how many do? I'm having some fun, and that's all that matters.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do not get it.😧 It

Fantasies.

Fantasies and fetishes.

Fiction is the safest and best way to experience them, especially the extreme kind, and no one gets hurt.

spoiler

I know about this because r/jrpg was talking about games with such setting a couple days ago

I even got spoiled on Utasomething...but i guess better that way cuz now i am interested in picking it up again xD

Oh yeah, how did I forget earlier to say how you were absolutely right about the dialogue options? This is the silliest Adol around all right. I loves it.😆

😄

Other characters with amnesia: soulless, lacks characterization

Adol with amnesia: snark time baby xD

The amnesia angle seems like it's being played with a pinch of freshness here. I also get what you mean about SmolAdol now.😛 Him being so chatty in his memories, even very recent ones, is also astounding in a way.

Yh it does this part well. Gives Adol some nice characterization and backstory as well^^

m having some fun, and that's all that matters.

Enjoy 😄

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fantasies.

Fantasies and fetishes.

Fiction is the safest and best way to experience them, especially the extreme kind, and no one gets hurt.

I acknowledge that in the bedroom. But I guess in an actual story it seems weirder to me?😆

I know about this because r/jrpg was talking about games with such setting a couple days ago

Dang I was too late to astound you.😝

And with fetishes and old-school dungeon crawlers both in mind, this.:

2-dh_portraits.png

BDS as a JRPG class- the Dark Hunter. Equip a whip, then Gag-Cuffs-Shackles to bind all the limbs of some bad boy and finish them with a maximum pain Ecstasy.🥴

I've used one, twice.😏 Although the second time was armed with a sword, which isn't as kinky, even if "Soul Liberator" sounds possibly like some dominatrix's ultimate technique. (Trance + Soul Liberator is very strong, I have it on record that it contributed to killing a boss in five turns. Full-bind Ecstasy also under Trance would've been even stronger, but trickier to execute.)

I even got spoiled on Utasomething...but i guess better that way cuz now i am interested in picking it up again xD

Spoilers sometimes aren't the worst of things after all?!😀 Especially with how much that game was inflicting ultra weariness monotony upon you.

I would kinda get that, spoilers sorta played a small role in getting me to play Persona 2.

😄

As long as the wacky options keep up, this stands a good chance of beating out Devil Survivor 2 in this little department of dialogue quirk.😄

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? What's this about a red-haired amnesiac...

Adol is no Dark Knight, I'm sure he won't remember being one of those. I wouldn't mind a bladed uppercut though.😜 Thankfully, he never once called Anemona a danged puppet.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Antinommy of Common Flowers review:

This game introduced me to the concept of "floating fighters" which is like this weird middle ground between traditional fighters and platform fighters. There are no platforms but despite playing like a traditional one, there is now the element of "down". You can move around in any direction in a 2D space which is honestly really interesting for a fighter, even if it's kinda awkward to get used to.

Got my ass kicked but it was fun. Didn't do story mode, this wasn't my copy. Surprised there isn't a Dragon Ball Z version of one of these. It'd be the first game to sell 100 Zillion copies.

7/10

Gensou Skydrift review: 

Racing game where you literally ride girls, incredible. It's like Double Dash but like actually good. Ok fair, this game does have a noticeable lack of polish. Character models and environments are pretty static, lacking the charm found in any Mario Kart game. But it controls well, the partner system actually matters compared to Double Dash and even drifting is better, despite the awkward button placement on Switch. And of course the music bangs.

8/10

I should clarify both of these are Touhou games.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..Oh yeah, how did I forget earlier to say how you were absolutely right about the dialogue options? This is the silliest Adol around all right. I loves it.😆

This is pushing me to do Celceta first so i can get the same effect as these

9jddvtwausjy.jpg?auto=webp&s=a6ba40cdea2

FhkLdaYXkAIOEx6.jpg

botw-i-like-all-that-most-dialogues-opti

qOnIM1U.jpg

B6pnUsy.jpg

2gya5cflg6my.jpg

Link has amnesia in BotW so it counts.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hehehe

mw3201db42ab1.jpg

I love that it's now canon that Alear adopts every animal she sees.

Speaking of Engage

F0K8fTKakAAwMbm?format=png&name=900x900

Ivy's definitely on the left. But on the right....wait...

F0PfCHUaAAACMeZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

SOMMIE

Haha, thought the same about Sommie. XD

Now wouldn't that be something if the next thing Engage gets is a Seasonal banner before even having a lot of their normal characters in...

Then again, any Ivy is a big win... except one. You know which one...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, any Ivy is a big win... except one. You know which one...

If they want to maximize profits, swimsuit Ivy and swimsuit Yunaka.

First gacha game to make 100 Emblemillion dollars.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If they want to maximize profits, swimsuit Ivy and swimsuit Yunaka.

First gacha game to make 100 Emblemillion dollars.

And with Sommie there somehow, even Ruben can't complain.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But I guess in an actual story it seems weirder to me?😆

adds to the immersion

Both the fetish immersion and setting immersion

Equip a whip, then Gag-Cuffs-Shackles to bind all the limbs of some bad boy and finish them with a maximum pain Ecstasy.

Can also be uno reversed to bind them

*cough*

Sorry that was the S in me talking

As long as the wacky options keep up,

Oh they do, just you wait XD

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is pushing me to do Celceta first so i can get the same effect as these

Do others also react to Link in funny ways? Because they do to Adol in Celceta XD

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

But on the right....wait..

Lapis, me thinks

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Hey, love or hate the movie, you know what'd be cool now?

Lego Indy: The Jones Saga. Or something along those lines. Give the series the Skywalker Saga treatment. Preferably while addressing Skywalker Saga's issues.

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

e41d5f9c-efe8-41c7-86d7-b4e582db75cc.png

That's actually horrifying.

12 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Now this is cool. I got father and son fightin side by side 😎

When the time comes I will truly enjoy killing Valter 

Valter's always fun to swat out of the sky.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

F0PfCHUaAAACMeZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's not the actual sommie. That girl's holding a Sommie plushie or something like that. Which sucks. Real Sommie would make Heroes just a tiny bit less horrid.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And with Sommie there somehow, even Ruben can't complain.

I very much can, actually. It's not the real deal.

Can also be uno reversed to bind them

*cough*

Nah, for that you get a Highlander and use Stigmata. Pierce yourself and your enemy with potentially every bind there is. -Although instead of a fantasy Scotsman, the best Stigmata user (in EOU2 to be precise, via a Grimoire Stone) b/c Creeping Curse and Chained Benefit, would be a Hexer.:

image.jpg

As you see, they aesthetically come with arms bound already.

...One might wonder what warrior-sadists and mage-masochists are doing exploring the Labyrinth of the World Tree.🤔 To which I shall I answer- if you brave the world of kink on daily basis, then you're adventurous alright! Explains why Adol's 69th book was chained shut with "Not for good boys and girls" written on the cover.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Antinommy of Common Flowers review:

This game introduced me to the concept of "floating fighters" which is like this weird middle ground between traditional fighters and platform fighters. There are no platforms but despite playing like a traditional one, there is now the element of "down". You can move around in any direction in a 2D space which is honestly really interesting for a fighter, even if it's kinda awkward to get used to.

Got my ass kicked but it was fun. Didn't do story mode, this wasn't my copy. Surprised there isn't a Dragon Ball Z version of one of these. It'd be the first game to sell 100 Zillion copies.

7/10

Gensou Skydrift review: 

Racing game where you literally ride girls, incredible. It's like Double Dash but like actually good. Ok fair, this game does have a noticeable lack of polish. Character models and environments are pretty static, lacking the charm found in any Mario Kart game. But it controls well, the partner system actually matters compared to Double Dash and even drifting is better, despite the awkward button placement on Switch. And of course the music bangs.

8/10

I should clarify both of these are Touhou games.

? Played them at a friend's place or something? Seems kinda random you just popped in some Touhou spinoffs.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Valter's always fun to swat out of the sky.

Eh. For all his presence, he just sits on a fort when it's finally time to die, fairly toothless.🤨 He needed to move out after either being aggro'ed or the passing of turn X (with a surrounding bodyguard moving with him to make it a little more challenging). A moving Killer Lance/Spear + Pierce + flying + effective damage negation + desert map boss would've been more worthy an end for this nefarious foe.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

h. For all his presence, he just sits on a fort when it's finally time to die, fairly toothless.🤨 He needed to move out after either being aggro'ed or the passing of turn X (with a surrounding bodyguard moving with him to make it a little more challenging). A moving Killer Lance/Spear + Pierce + flying + effective damage negation + desert map boss would've been more worthy an end for this nefarious foe.

Well, "fairly toothless" is all of Sacred Stones lol. That's why in my hack he acts exactly as you described

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Do others also react to Link in funny ways? Because they do to Adol in Celceta XD

h4f460q3zdny.jpg

105m87uhaai01.png?auto=webp&s=d3a940e17f

And in TotK if you go naked into Gerudo Town

totk-things-people-say-when-link-is-nake

totk-things-people-say-when-link-is-nake

You get arrested.

But as far as funny dialogue options go, it's just these two games really. Well Skyward Sword has some too

Zelda1.png

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-HD0815

and that's basically it. 

But that and all the other previous games make up for it by a really expressful Link or the story itself just being so thin.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, love or hate the movie, you know what'd be cool now?

Lego Indy: The Jones Saga. Or something along those lines. Give the series the Skywalker Saga treatment. Preferably while addressing Skywalker Saga's issues.

Would play this but i need the miming back. Voiced just doesn't hit the same, especially when it's just the lines ripped directly from the movies.

On that note, they need one for Pirates of the Caribbean too. Pirates 5 never got Lego'd.

(On the subject of Indy 5, the more i think about it, i think it's like an 8/10)

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Played them at a friend's place or something?

Mm. Me and him go way back, since 5th grade but outside of movies and birthdays, we haven't actually hung out together since after high school graduation. 

By sheer coincidence, he happens to live in the same apartment complex that i lived in back in elementary school.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Would play this but i need the miming back. Voiced just doesn't hit the same, especially when it's just the lines ripped directly from the movies.

Fair. They added the grunt mode on Skywalker Saga, but it just replaced the dialogue with grunts, not quite the same effect when they're still not communicating through pantomime.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

(On the subject of Indy 5, the more i think about it, i think it's like an 8/10)

I don't really wanna rate it, seeing how little of a movie-goer I am. I watched it and I enjoyed it, that's about all I can really say. The intro bit was fucking amazing, I can't wait for it to be uploaded to Youtube so I can watch Mads Mikkelsen get unceremoniously punched in the face again.