• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I should wait for a patch before buying this.

If I even do, since like I’ll probably be underwhelmed but like… I have to know. I could just watch an LP or something, but it’s not the same.

Just now, Sooks said:

should wait for a patch before buying this.

Just get the JP version and play the fan-patch.

That's what I'm doing. Not now, Atelier takes precedent.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fun fact:

Hide contents

xb-vanea-concept.jpg

This is apparently an official sketch. Of Vanea. Holding a whip.

Was she going to be playable at some point? Well, she has enough importance that it's not infeasible. But we don't have any other possible evidence.

Shame Definitive Edition didn't retroactively add Vanea to the playables. Not sure what combat role they would've given her, maybe an Ether offense lean? Reyn & Dunban are pretty much all physical, MeFi is very physical with like two decent Ether arts. Shulk... Monado Eater is actually pretty good Ether offense once you fact in the aggro-free Bleed damage, I think it outdoes Buster against non-Mechon enemies with a good Bleed Plus gem; so quietly good Ether damage despite usually doing physical. Sharla has practically no offense, so just Melia and Riki are primarily Ether attackers.

Hmm, intriguing.

Perhaps, or another hybrid attacker.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

LMAO

Again?

They didn't learn after Ys 8?

😂

People waited 3 years for this kek

And then Nisa goes and takes down Fantl lmao

Just wail till you hear the voice work. Holy shit does it sound TERRIBLE for EN. Lmao

15 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I knew this already but

Reject Rixia, embrace Tio

Yes I know you're talking about Duvalie but I wanted an excuse to post Tio

Uncle Dish

---

Okay, reached Agniratha... but, I'm gonna turn back and do what quests opened up. Well, that'd be for next time, as I'm stopping here for tonight.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Uncle Dish

---

Okay, reached Agniratha... but, I'm gonna turn back and do what quests opened up. Well, that'd be for next time, as I'm stopping here for tonight.

This is also the point of no return (well technically the bit after) for a lot of quests, most importantly, everything in Alcamoth. 

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is also the point of no return (well technically the bit after) for a lot of quests, most importantly, everything in Alcamoth. 

Oh yeah, I'm aware that once done with

Spoiler

Mechonis Core, I'm locked out of Alcamoth content and the entirety of Mechonis save for the Fallen Arm.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just get the JP version and play the fan-patch.

But how good is the fan patch?

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Still no bugfixes so if your playing on Abyss mode im pretty sure the game is impossible to beat due to no link abilities for 30% of the cast.

Since when are link abilities that relevant? Just spam brave orders and stack bell quartz on an arts user. Uh, I’m assuming anyway, I haven’t exactly played it.

7 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Yup, that one did it. Easy to use, too. Thank you 😀

BTW your game works on OpenEmu. Ran through the first couple chapters and everything seemed to look good

Awesome, glad to hear it.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

But Berwick Saga is anime... I think, I had to look up what the artstyle is.

Don't start.

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Reject Rixia, embrace Tio

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Since when are link abilities that relevant? Just spam brave orders and stack bell quartz on an arts user. Uh, I’m assuming anyway, I haven’t exactly played it

Some fights (Rean route 1, C route part 1, for example) dont allow the player to utelise any of this. 

They throw you into a fight right off the bat in C's route, so no time to set anything up, you can only use the setup they give you.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Congrats!

I think I made it only as far as either the Giant Breadbug cave or the Emperor Bulbax one. I'm not entirely sure why I never went any further than that.

And for the final boss, that game guide I linked here months ago advised dropping all your 'mins far away from the big bad. Then take Yellows alone and destroy the electrical component.

When I never made it past the Glutton's Kitchen when I was younger, it was because I didn't have enough space on my memory card to save my progress.

That probably would've been a better idea that what I did. Though if you are using only Yellow Pikmin (since they're the only type that can consistently attack the Titan Dweevil's weapons), it would make sense to save the Shock Therapist for last because Yellow Pikmin are immune to it. The Monster Pump should be taken out first in that case, since it has infinite range.

Fortunately since I claimed all of the Titan Dweevil's weapons already, I don't have to fight it again when I return to the Dream Den for the treasure I missed.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Yes I know you're talking about Duvalie but I wanted an excuse to post Tio

Understandable, all must be inducted into the Mishy cult.

If Kanto is the US, Johto is what?

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said: