Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And that summarizes its specs for you.🤓

Man as an engineer i'd like to have such a robot just to fuck around and find out with

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And of course, there's also W Mode, originally translated as D Mode... and of course, when asked what it stands for...

Weissritter - Oxtongue Rifle D - video Dailymotion

PFFFFFFFFFFFt XD

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

PTX-007-03UN "Rein Weissritter" (German for... I don't have to explain that to you😝), the upgraded version of the PTX-007-03C "Weissritter", itself a heavily customized version of the Gespenst Mk. II unit 3 Test Type.

Weaponry includes: Split Missiles (because the missile is a canister that splits open, releasing smaller missiles); a simple utilitarian beam saber for melee combat; and a small Triple Beam Cannon on the left arm. This Fallen White Angel/Platinum Lucifier's signature weapon is the Howling Rifle (originally Oxtongue Rifle, after a type of spear), used for long-range combat and features both a metal bullet-firing B Mode and a laser-shooting E Mode.

Its armor is delicate, but that is because Weissy/Weiss-chan was built for maneuverability and shooting things from afar. Also, Ms. Excel knows how to coolly play the battlefield beneath the bubbly exterior and can dodge everything.

...And that summarizes its specs for you.🤓

What can be said? "Tanks rolling up to the border to start a war, then being stopped" caused one old memory of mine to surface like turnips rising from the soil of some farming hamlet.

I tried Armored Core for the PS3 once

I couldn’t make sense of the whole schematic thing

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And of course, there's also W Mode, originally translated as D Mode... and of course, when asked what it stands for...

How could I forget that quip? Twas a priceless part of my childhood.😄

Of course, the OGs PS2 fan-translation doesn't have that joke, a true tragedy. Although since it has no choice but to use Japanese voice acting, you can hear Excellen say "Double Mode", so it can't hide the Japanese name the way the voiceless GBA games could, nor as it could had there been an official English release of the game with English VAs. 

There are few other translation differences that I missed playing OGs. Like OG2 Kai's "I don't believe one fist can destroy the world... *sets the plasma stakes* ...but it can certainly destroy you!" *Uses Jet Magnum* ...Assuming that is exactly how it went, I can't easily find a video with the quip. Another example- GBA Elzam's *Dodges enemy attack* "My advice to you- go home."; the PS2 fanslation went with a wordier and perhaps more literal "My advice- go back and compose yourself.". I prefer the laconic badassery (again, I'm paraphrasing off memory) of GBA here, even if Elzam is gentlemanly enough for the more polite response.

22 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I tried Armored Core for the PS3 once

I couldn’t make sense of the whole schematic thing

I've never played any of the Armored Core games myself. Though learning a bit about the franchise with AC6 in the works, it does seem like Armored Core wants to have complicated robot customization, with all sorts of gameplay tradeoffs based on how you choose to outfit your unit.

Perhaps that isn't surprising, given FromSoftware is now beloved for its intense Souls franchise + Sekiro and Bloodborne.

Unit customization is something mech games like to have, to varying degrees. Though it's not always overly complicated, younger days playing Custom Robo come to mind, which was aesthetically very appealing to young children (with the exception of Battle Revolution (more of an early teenage appeal for this one), which was ironically the first game of the series to leave Japan).

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Alternatively, do we even need a war setting Ü 

Of course we do, it's one of the hallmarks of the series. What are you going to suggest next, an FE at school about idols?

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Punished for my gaming heresies, eh? Well on your way you'd best be prepared, Spaniard, I'll whip you harder than Simón Bolívar did in the Latin American wars of independence.

Spain when they see the arepa heading their way

6woq7y.jpg?a468864

I wonder of the alternate timeline where Gran Colombia didn't dissolve. Cause honestly that's like the rawest name for a country.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Excellen Sexy Browning!😄

I forget if you ever brought it up but did Haken and Excellen ever meet in Moon Dwellers?

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

What are you going to suggest next, an FE at school about idols?

How quickly you forget Tokyo Mirage Peak.

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:
Of course we do, it's one of the hallmarks of the series. What are you going to suggest next, an FE at school about idols?

The Engage sequel no one asked for:

__goldmary_hortensia_and_rosado_fire_emb

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

__goldmary_hortensia_and_rosado_fire_emb

I feel like Goldmarys character would be so hilarious in a monastery setting like Fodlans I can picture it so well right now 

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wonder of the alternate timeline where Gran Colombia didn't dissolve. Cause honestly that's like the rawest name for a country.

Why stop there.

Gran Colombia, with border at the Esequibo.

Peru-Bolivia Union that later Chile joins to form the Andean Federation.

United Provinces of La Plata, -guays and Malvinas included.

Federal Republic of Central America, Belize included.

Mexico with Adam-Onis border.

United Hispanic Caribbean, Puerto Rico included.

Then they all come together to form La Patria Grande, inviting Brazil too.

¡America Latina Potencia!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How quickly you forget Tokyo Mirage Peak.

sarcasm

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering Engage's flop compared to 3H, I don't doubt this is the next game.

23 minutes ago, LadyGrima said:

I feel like Goldmarys character would be so hilarious in a monastery setting like Fodlans I can picture it so well right now 

Haha, well, the monastery portion isn't as prominent unlike the academy one. But you can bet how she could get come the Heron Cup / Ball events. lol

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I forget if you ever brought it up but did Haken and Excellen ever meet in Moon Dwellers?

Of course they did.

Haken and Aschen got to meet pretty much everyone in the OG cast. Including...

Spoiler

eNoDgKr.jpg

Excellen's coworker and stoic-serious boyfriend, Kyosuke Nanbu.

And with that, can you see it now?:

Spoiler

DfeK5PBW0AAIozb.jpg

(Must be taken from one of the two anime adaptations of OG1 or the adaption of OG2.)

60501c967a7d0.jpg

Kyo & Excel came first (2000 vs. 2005).

It is EXTREMELY likely that Reiji and Xiaomu were inspired by these two. Some Banpresto employees worked on Namco x Capcom.

This is also certainly what Alfimi meant when she said Xiaomu seemed familiar when they first met. -And why Aschen calls Excellen a "fox" in Moon Dwellers.

I'm not gonna meaninglessly argue if K&E are better/worse than R&X, because both duos are 😁.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So a simp.

Yeah basically.

Is there a word for simp but for non sexual reasons and instead national imperial reasons?

Oh, right, nationalist.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Finally playing Hopes?

...Well no but that would've been even more fitting.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gran Colombia rolls of the Spanish tongue so damn well, and I don't even know how to speak Spanish anymore.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why stop there.

¡magnífico!

I'd play that Fire Emblem game.

What do you mean the Shining Pom can hurt Professor Alba!?

Alright, at the capital at last.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why stop there.

A force not seen since the great Roman Empire.

Alas, in an ironic twist of fate, Spain is doing better than almost all the countries that broke away from it. Venezuela's fall from grace personally pisses me off.

53 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

sarcasm

Unironically a better cast than the entire series.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

'm not gonna meaninglessly argue if K&E are better/worse than R&X, because both duos are 😁.

Ok but Reiji and Xiaomu have the better drip.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

and I don't even know how to speak Spanish anymore.

Que tragico.

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

'd play that Fire Emblem game.

South American-themed Fire Emblem would be dope.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

South American-themed Fire Emblem would be dope.

Not quite South American, but I've once thought up a FE-esque plot inspired by the Latin American independence movements.

I even managed to have it chosen as the story for a fan project... but the project died down, unfortunately. I'd love to work on it on my own... but as it stands, it'd be as an original story in written form, since making a game is... yeah.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but Reiji and Xiaomu have the better drip.

TBF, R&X are foot fighters, they need the extra flair on themselves. Mech pilots need/do have a bunch of that shifted to their machines. (As for Xenogears/saga, the mech designs are fairly subdued all in all, the vibrancy is in the characters themselves. Reflective of being those two games being "RPGs that happen to have mechs" and not "mech RPGs".)

I might say I prefer Kyosuke over Reiji -although I haven't actually seen Reiji in the limelight of his own games. Xiaomu might be a little better than Excellen if you point a gun at my head and force me to pick one. But that would be veeeeeeeery cruel, because I wouldn't want to/don't like ranking these duos, they're both soooooooooo good I feel guilt at placing one above the other.🥺

...What's bewildering though is that they have never once met. TBF, at what scale one can fight the other cannot. However, there must be a problem other than that, perhaps if the moment they lay hands on each other they'll all turn to pure energy of such quantity that the sheer heat emitted would vaporize the entire universe into plasma in a blink.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unironically a better cast than the entire series.

Not that hard considering the majority of this franchise characters only have join quotes, level up quotes and death quotes

Okay, did enough running around buying Quartz, Equipment, Food for Recipes, and stuff.

Will actually advance through the story... next time.

BG5NOmM.png

p80DKI6.png

Ready

mPeEIB9.png

Vague difficulty settings...my old enemy.

cgRPK26.png

A silver haired maiden you say?

axsh0cw.png

Are these the same gray skies that made the oceans gray waves?

First fucking chapter of the game and I already can't keep myself from referencing other Fire Emblem games.

lLDp0sw.png

Another Fire Emblem, another talk about the socio-economic factors that cause people to turn to crime.

PShtGDo.png

I... refuse... to... say it! You...! Cannot... make me...!!

OcTZX3g.png

Holy shit she speaks cursive.

HFb4AD7.pngGa445Nm.png

D-Did...

Did Micaiah just fucking crit in the first battle I orchestrated?

Zqto0kA.png

Props for the writers for waiting at least 45 minutes into the game before making this joke

oxeb6Ln.png

Honest to god love the post-war period of this game. My favorite type of stories or settings is when we're in the post-war era of a nation and we have to see how it affected the people.

So many other stories have it so "Oh jolly, the war ended so everything is okay now" when it could be so much more complicated and interesting than that.

jojr2YJ.png

Fighting age? Why not throw in the children as well like back in the Industrial days!

59Tmqgs.png

Having white hair is just really significant in Fire Emblem, huh?

That's kind of interesting, I wonder why that is.

s861fnH.png

So you're telling me... that there was a Fire Emblem game about a rag tag group of rebels fighting against imperial occupation and nobody told me?

Can't wait to see how they mess this one up

VhspmUp.png

Buddy, let me tell ya.

iYlpYcd.png

Hey! Hey! It's the guy!

...The guy with the beard!

RhElu3K.png

Isaiya is far too cool of a name to be wasted on a one-note boss like this.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait wait wait...

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Tenochtitlan

Cities are now fair game too for Fate Servants?

There was at least an argument for Quetzalcoatl being white but this is just ridiculous!