Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With that cravat, be thankful it's not pile of goo.

Y’know I actually believe that in this universe Garon would be hired as a prosecutor.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's basically a Japanese stereotype. At least, what people from Tokyo think the people of the Kansai region are like. Hence localization doing the "hillbillies from the South" stereotype instead.

That’s kinda smart to switch out one trope for another similar one that the foreign audience would better understand, although they really shoulda just kept the setting the same..

2 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

But where's my lab rat? I deserve one.

pay me and I’ll play whatever you want

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

If I had a nickel for every time a work of fiction had a section that took place on my birthday, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice. And I found them pretty close to each other, considering I just started Ace Attorney.

45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s kinda smart to switch out one trope for another similar one that the foreign audience would better understand, although they really shoulda just kept the setting the same..

I suppose. Though many would think it wouldn't be as iconic.

Though yes, future games had to deal more and more with trying to adapt for the setting change.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Trails into Reverie has revealed C's identity, I find it hard to believe I remained (mostly) unspoiled for almost two years. As for what I think:

Spoiler

I can't believe he turned out to be Louie from Pikmin! Just kidding, the actual answer is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

I can't believe he turned out to be Chris Pratt! Just kidding, the actual answer is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

I can't believe he turned out to be [REDACTED]! I'm not really sure how you're supposed to figure it out on your own, since there's basically no foreshadowing until two minutes before the reveal (unless you recognize his voice). I assumed for the past two years that he would be Cedric, and I would've liked that outcome, but Kurt probably would've been around for the reveal in that case (and him joining Ouroboros means he'll be important again eventually). His actual identity was my second choice, however. What does it say about me that I considered the possibility of doppelganger shenanigans? I wonder why Falcom picked him as the third protagonist... Still, it's an interesting development, and I'll see how this redemption arc goes.

It'll be a bit silly when Lloyd says "we gotta beat [REDACTED]!" in the main plot while presumably chilling with him in the Reverie Garden.

He's so cool.

He will defeat the villains by stealing all their food supplies.

Finally, now I can tell Sooks not to read something. Anyone else who doesn't want to be spoiled shouldn't read it either. With that out of the way, maybe I'll goof around in the Reverie Corridor when the opportunity arises...

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's a storm scheduled to hit us this weekend. Fun times ahead...

How prepared is Mexico usually for hurricanes? It's my understanding that you guys (+the west coast of the US) don't get them often.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How prepared is Mexico usually for hurricanes? It's my understanding that you guys (+the west coast of the US) don't get them often.

I guess the usual preparedness. Where I live? It's a desert, and the geography protects us (mountain range west-to-south, inland gulf southeast) from being hit directly. Still, what does reach us is still enough to leave some streets flooded for a day or two.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But basically:

Ahí viene “Hilary”. Es huracán e irá de sur a norte por la costa de ...

This is its current trajectory. I am in the first green layer. That's more or less how all hurricanes reach us.

Seems like you'll be spared the worst of it. Baja California on the other hand....

Looking it up, Mexico does get hit often. Florida/Caribbean numbers. California on the other hand, last time they got hit was 1939 and it wasn't even an actual hurricane, it was a tropical storm. California's prepared for earthquakes, i hope they don't underestimate hurricanes, they legit have not seen one in a lifetime.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Seems like you'll be spared the worst of it. Baja California on the other hand....

Looking it up, Mexico does get hit often. Florida/Caribbean numbers. California on the other hand, last time they got hit was 1939 and it wasn't even an actual hurricane, it was a tropical storm. California's prepared for earthquakes, i hope they don't underestimate hurricanes, they legit have not seen one in a lifetime.

Well, I am in Baja California. At the northernmost part, right by the US border.

Yeah, I already know the warning extends beyond us and into Imperial County.

But yeah, over here, it's only the earthquakes we really have to worry about.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I am in Baja California. At the northernmost part, right by the US border.

Oh i didn't see the little bit of it that goes below Arizona.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh i didn't see the little bit of it that goes below Arizona.

That would be in Sonora, not Baja, haha.

I live in the state capital, Mexicali.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That would be in Sonora, not Baja, haha.

I live in the state capital, Mexicali.

Ah i see where i mixed it up. There is a border with Arizona, to the east, and it's like a tiny strip of land. Like a little bit east of Mexicali is Yuma, just like in that one movie i saw

MV5BODE0NTcxNTQzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcz

it was a pretty good movie.

Learning geography is fun because i'm seeing Mexicali and literally like across the street (border) is Calexico.

1280px-MexicaliMetroNight.jpg

and i'm kinda chuckling at how bigger Mexicali is from Calexico. Also San Diego/Tijuana

1280px-Border_USA_Mexico.jpg

Fascinating stuff (for those who don't know, Tijuana is on the right).

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ng2GiCL.png

Let's hope i don't regret this.

I've considered picking up Scarlet Nexus, might be something I'd like, the review seem decent.

But, I dunno, I got enough games as is, include two Tales which I'm not really sure, but they might have similar enough aesthetic-gameplay vibe that I'd want to wait on SN.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's a storm scheduled to hit us this weekend. Fun times ahead...

Hopefully the damages are minimal!🤞

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

California on the other hand, last time they got hit was 1939 and it wasn't even an actual hurricane, it was a tropical storm. California's prepared for earthquakes, i hope they don't underestimate hurricanes, they legit have not seen one in a lifetime.

I've heard some places are going to get a year's worth of rain in a 1/365th of the time. Flash-flooding is a concern I've heard. If Las Vegas gets any rain though, it should be fine, it has 600 miles of flash-flood tunnels. -Although the homeless do find refuge in them, that could be fatal.

Although, given heavy droughts as of late, the rain might provide a silver lining of relief. If Arizona gets anything that'll be helpful for humans and wildlife alike. I hope the rain assists the cacti, apparently the heat wave this summer has resulted in cacti rotting and losing limbs. Cactuses, the most desert-y of desert plants, dying, that's how hot it has been. It can take decades upon decades -a human's lifetime- for the famed Saguaro cacti to grow iconically big.

...Speaking of recent hurricanes, I've heard the Hawaiian wildfire victims are beginning to be subjected to "disaster capitalism". Offers to buy peoples' land for like 25% of its pre-wildfire value. People whose everything including probably jobs have been wiped out will be desperate for cash. Of course, native Hawaiians realize it's nonnative big businesses that want to make a killing and kill their ownership of their ancestral lands and convert them to tourism.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Las Vegas gets any rain though, it should be fine, it has 600 miles of flash-flood tunnels. -Although the homeless do find refuge in them, that could be fatal.

I don't think Vegas is getting hit.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cactuses, the most desert-y of desert plants, dying, that's how hot it has been. It can take decades upon decades -a human's lifetime- for the famed Saguaro cacti to grow iconically big.

Jesus Christ.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of recent hurricanes, I've heard the Hawaiian wildfire victims are beginning to be subjected to "disaster capitalism". Offers to buy peoples' land for like 25% of its pre-wildfire value. People whose everything including probably jobs have been wiped out will be desperate for cash. Of course, native Hawaiians realize it's nonnative big businesses that want to make a killing and kill their ownership of their ancestral lands and convert them to tourism.

Those Hawaiian wildfires are genuinely distressing. Shit looks like the place got bombed into oblivion.