Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is also the universe where the only crime anybody ever commits is murder.

Or more like, if it doesn't involve a murder, it will at some point.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Most of them are fine, just kind of forgettable and samey

Noooo

I mean, what was his professional life? He did one case under Mia, then case 2 happened and he basically got thrust into that one three different times. Then he was unable to find any work at all until Maya more or less strongarmed them into case 3 just because she was starstruck. Then he only got involved in case 4 because of his indomitable crush on Edgey.

Phoenix has zero reputation and of the two cases he did get after going solo, one he only got because Maya more or less forced it. That's really where she made a difference lol. Case 5 is in fact the first case Phoenix gets because someone entirely unrelated went to him to hire him. Congratulations to him.

Yeah but in all those cases he wanted work but needed it handed to him because of his lack of a career. Fast forward to after defending Edgeworth and defeating the famous prosecutor and now he’s getting several offers but he declined all of them because no Maya, according to the exposition dump at the beginning of episode 5. The only reason he accepted Ema was because her and Lana reminded him of Maya and Mia.

Edgeworth forgetting what his job is because he's in love with the defense is one of the best parts of the games where he appears, yeah. Between that and how socially awkward he is, it always leads to fantastic hijinxes.

Edgeworth good

Oh I wish. In fact, you know what? Just give me Benedict as the sidekick.

"The evidence all points toward Couhl Preet! He's the killer!"

"Very well, my lord. I have prepared enough explosives to demolish a small skyscraper. Tonight, we shall steal into the office building where he works, set the explosives up in the basement and detonate then when he checks in tomorrow. It will be deemed a terrorist attack, and he will simply be one more casualty."

"...Or, we could prove his guilt in court."

"That can be arranged as well, my lord. Before day's end, I shall have the jury... persuaded, to see the facts as we know them."

"Please stop."

"We must make a decision, my lord."

better than Roland sidekick anyway, I read the paragraph in his voice

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is also the universe where the only crime anybody ever commits is murder.

Too true. But still, if you’re gonna say multiple times you did the murder, including after the initial confession and to your sister and a lawyer who you haven’t hired, why bother hiring him?

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah but in all those cases he wanted work but needed it handed to him because of his lack of a career. Fast forward to after defending Edgeworth and defeating the famous prosecutor and now he’s getting several offers but he declined all of them because no Maya, according to the exposition dump at the beginning of episode 5. The only reason he accepted Ema was because her and Lana reminded him of Maya and Mia.

I'd forgotten that part. Yeah, that's weird. Probably heartache after Miley called their thing "unnecessary feelings"

better than Roland sidekick

I shudder to even imagine.

anyway, I read the paragraph in his voice

So was I while writing it. That's the thing with distinctive voices.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too true. But still, if you’re gonna say multiple times you did the murder, including after the initial confession and to your sister and a lawyer who you haven’t hired, why bother hiring him?

Even with her confession, a trial has to happen, so an attorney must be present to defend her regardless. She relented, thinking it would make no difference. Of course, this is still Phoenix who we are talking about...

I'd say, when I got curious about the beta Johto maps, I went over to look up more info on them, and I found it fascinating to see that most location names are labeled after their intended real-world counterparts in the source code.

Some were already obvious, like Goldenrod being Osaka and Ecruteak being Kyoto, but it was interesting to see the rest. Newbark being Shizuoka, Cherrygrove being Nagoya, etc. Unsurprisingly, Mt. Silver is Mt. Fuji.

Oh, seems the storm is already in California proper. Mostly strong winds for the past hours. Seems we might already be past the worst... unless we get a repeat of the downpour we got in the morning.

I doubt I'll have to go to work on Monday... but I'd wish to get actual confirmation.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even with her confession, a trial has to happen, so an attorney must be present to defend her regardless. She relented, thinking it would make no difference. Of course, this is still Phoenix who we are talking about...

Do you need an attorney present to plead guilty? In Japan or anywhere really. I mean obviously you never have to have one but generally

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you need an attorney present to plead guilty? In Japan or anywhere really. I mean obviously you never have to have one but generally

Admittedly, I can't speak about the process as I don't know much about them. Not taking the game into account, at least in the US the Sixth Amendment states that legal counsel is provided if you're a defendant of a criminal case, by the government itself if needed. Even if you're trying to speedrun a guilty verdict for yourself, I suppose you'd still have to have a Public Defender assigned for even that.

45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Any criminal trial requires attorneys in the US, unless for some God-forsaken reason you choose to represent yourself.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Any criminal trial requires attorneys in the US, unless for some God-forsaken reason you choose to represent yourself.

Ace Attorney: *laughs in Case 1-2*

I've been wanting to write another oneshot for Divine Legacy. Still not sure on what would it be about, but surely I can think up on a good idea.

One thing for sure, I would certainly like to write at some point a scene where Aurora

Spoiler

decides daddy dearest deserves a second chance at happiness. Mostly for the humor of her going "Will you be my new mother?" to a couple of the female characters. XD Ivy would faint on the spot, guaranteed. lol

---

Hmm...

---

♫ YOU GET TO BURNING

君らしく 誇らしく 向かってよ

夢中になった日々が 夢の破片さ

YOU GET TO BURNING

その破片を集めて 明日を目指す

勇気、見えるよ To be...

Going your day's. Grow up! ♫

Looking up our dub of Nadesico, apparently we didn't dub the opening. It just plays it in Japanese.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

School starts tomorrow. For some reason I can’t help but think of a game screenshot that… Armagon? posted from Atelier? where a character talks about feeling a mixture of nervousness and excitement  and that happening less as you get older. I always used to hate this feeling and just wanna get it over with, and I’m not 100% sure I’ll miss when I’m older and I rarely if ever have big events to feel this way about… but still. Maybe it’s not a 100% bad feeling. Nothing I can do but prepare for the coming year, anyhow.

I suppose it had to happen eventually, but it looks like Charles Martinet is stepping down as the voice of Mario.

Can't wait for Chris Pratt as Chris Pratt to replace him in every game from here on

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose it had to happen eventually, but it looks like Charles Martinet is stepping down as the voice of Mario.

Can't wait for Chris Pratt as Chris Pratt to replace him in every game from here on

Woah, really? Talk about end of an era.

Super Star-Lord.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Woah, really? Talk about end of an era.

It seems like they made the announcement from the official NoA account. I went on Google and all the newsletters have jumped on it so I imagine the account must be the correct one.

It really is the end of an era. This man did the most iconic performance in videogames, period.

Now I'm wondering about Wonder. The people who claimed that Mario's voice in the trailer sounded off might not have been far off the mark after all, considering the timing. Perhaps the voice in Wonder is off because he just can't get it right anymore, and discovering this is what led to his retirement. Either way, this has been coming for a while - even way back in Luigi's Mansion 3 his Loogi sounded a bit like he had a cold. Not that it took away from how much fun his performances in that game were, but his voice was definitely a little weird.

22 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, now that I'm aware... they should've kept the Goldenrod-Olivine path after including Cianwood. Would've been neat to have that intersection connecting all three.

Ah, beta material. Sometimes the visual rough edges jar at me, but I do find it all so fascinating just the same!😃

Judging from the rest of the video- Cianwood seems to have been less important originally? A Gym at the Lake of Rage means there had to have been one less elsewhere, and everywhere else that had one (minus Azalea, interesting the existence of a scrapped town near it). Cianwood gained a Gym but they removed the Goldenrod approach, making Not-Kyushu kinda disjointed to reach.

Shrinking the size of Johto's towns... was it really necessary? The hollowed-out Kanto was fitted into the game, but was this after the downsizing of Johto or before it? My feeling Kanto got tossed in towards the end of development, presumably after Johto was fully finished.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, when I got curious about the beta Johto maps, I went over to look up more info on them, and I found it fascinating to see that most location names are labeled after their intended real-world counterparts in the source code.

Some were already obvious, like Goldenrod being Osaka and Ecruteak being Kyoto, but it was interesting to see the rest. Newbark being Shizuoka, Cherrygrove being Nagoya, etc. Unsurprisingly, Mt. Silver is Mt. Fuji.

Where are the balls of grilled Octillery?

Cherrygrove is Nagoya? That doesn't sound right to me. One of Japan's biggest cities ...and it got relegated to being a stepping-stone town, without as much as a Gym.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile, Phantom Hourglass takes place like a day after Wind Waker lmao.

Or hell, Super Metroid taking place like an hour after Samus Returns. Blaster Master Zero 3 also did this.

Samus's adventures sorta feel like they could realistically happen within a day. Link's? No. Mario's? Unreality of Mario platformers mean time is mushroom, like the """plot""" and everything else. Samus does usually have to hightail it out of her mission locales b/c kaboom!/crash! at the very end, even if she might get less time from a gameplay perspective than she has from an in-universe perspective.

Lol

…I’m now wondering if there’s ever been a single playable FE army without a child soldier. Pretty sure Linde counts in fe1/11, Delthea in Echoes and presumably fe2, Jubelo and Juliya in fe3/12 definitely count, we have all those from fe4 for Sigurd and Seliph has Julia who is under 18 I think, pretty sure Roy is under 18 in fe6 (even if not Chad, Lugh, and Lilina are pretty sus), in fe7 there’s Rebecca and Nino (apparently Erk is said/implied to be 15 in supports?), fe8 has the trainees, Rolf and Mist in fe9, fe13 has Lissa but like look at Ricken and Donnel, fe14 has Elise and Sakura + Kana for gen 2 (and many others), 3H has Lysithea and Cyril, Engage has Clanne and Framme… Jesus. I haven’t played fe5 or fe10, someone please tell me one of those armies doesn’t have a child. I mean I know there’s the memes but I didn’t stop to think every one has a child. I didn’t even have to include the “ackshually, I’m 738,637,827,279!” characters.