• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230827_0903108522053031118107611.j

I like how fierce he attempted to make himself look. Imagine if he made that face while pointing the kid toward the lobby. Kid would've made his signature face!

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, even if that had been her name, it's not like G Gundam goes for that kind of accuracy.

I know, I wasn't being overly serious. G Gundam is silly cheesy action, and I love it for it.

Helps in this case that George judging from AP and J seems like the best-characterized of Domon's friends. Though he showed a real tendency to fall just short of killing things in my second J run, that was annoying.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FE4/10

So, 6/10? Is that slightly too harsh and it's actually a 7? Or are you saying its soulless aping of Genealogy leaves it feeling like a real 4/10?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, 6/10? Is that slightly too harsh and it's actually a 7?

7/10. Maybe slightly higher, but not quite 7.5

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or are you saying its soulless aping of Genealogy leaves it feeling like a real 4/10?

Nah it has soul.

It just hits on so many beats FE4 also did, both from Story and gameplay prespective, although in it's own way so it's not just a copy cat.

Gameplay wise it's FE4 without the slog of moving through giant maps (But with added menu slog instead), with many Kaga blocks and mostly heavy EP focus. Although late game it got more fun, and twisty story wise.

Some random MK2 screenshots.:

gsdx-20230825162020.pnggsdx-20230825162024.pnggsdx-20230825162030.png

gsdx-20230828100823.png

Got a possessed by a demon, although the demon seemed less evil than her (reinforced by a prior scene where wearing a blessed robe caused her to feel a burning sensation).

gsdx-20230828112734.png

For the fifth time.

gsdx-20230828120147.png

*Looks at current wallet* Money really isn't a problem in this game.

gsdx-20230828123232.pnggsdx-20230828123407.pnggsdx-20230828123059.pnggsdx-20230828123250.png

The lead heroine is a Flat-Earther.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RuZ93zn.png

FE4/10

So I gotta avoid the game, got it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks at current wallet* Money really isn't a problem in this game.

Wait until Ryza 3. I legitimately don't know why money is a thing in that game.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The lead heroine is a Flat-Earther.

What Ulrika thinks will happen you sail past the horizon

Oh God.

When he finally, FINALLY croaked, Langrey dropped a broken staff.

Cheripha's performance is not convincing me. She's no Rein. I could use a better long-range nuke, not to mention some way to lower the insane rate at which I spend union plumes. Something like, say, the spell invoke feather. Casted by a spellcaster using our shiny new wand to poke holes through enemies. A spellcaster such as, for example...

...Aaaagh... must... resist... temptation... to use... Best... Boy... for the... third... time...!

9 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Langrey:

He wasn't laughing so much when Heugoe skewered him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wanna get that Sea of Stars game.

Also is it me or has Serenes' load times been bad lately?

Been experiencing it myself. Not sure if it was just me b/c I had weird issues earlier this month/like a week ago that seemed exclusive to myself.

Atelier-Resleriana_Slides_2023_08-28-23_

'ello Mana Khemia heroes. The mobile game is throwing them in there. They sure look different in 3D.

Shame that for as cool as Vayne's weapon is, he is pretty bland personality-wise, way too basic. Raze is another 40+ hour playthrough away from understanding, since the only scenes he has in Ulrika's story make him look disagreeable. I have feeling Raze has the better crew (minus Rich Girl) and storyline though, perhaps it's just "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The mobile game is throwing them in there. They sure look different in 3D.

I think the most fascinating thing here is Judie. Gramnad is a forgotten duology within Atelier and yet she's part of the initial roster.....and Marie isn't. It's like if FEH didn't have Marth at the start.

This is the full starting roster

RDT_20230828_1937344855838894413574723.j

They really like Dusk huh.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wanna get that Sea of Stars game.

I've very very wary of doing so. I see it's getting really good reviews, but these 16-bit JRPGs made by nostalgic gamers trying to replicate their childhood memories ..something about them leave me hesitant of their quality. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think the most fascinating thing here is Judie. Gramnad is a forgotten duology within Atelier and yet she's part of the initial roster.....and Marie isn't. It's like if FEH didn't have Marth at the start.

Gramnad does sound like a curious relic. Old and Japan-only, but not the progenitor saga. Only a duology in a franchise preferring trilogies, another oddity. They're old and traditional, which means they don't stand out as black sheep like the aged Iris & 'Khemia that came afterwards.

If Gust continues with what MaRieMake began, then... how are they going to spin the Gramnad Remakes, after three very similar revivals? What makes Gramnad remarkable?

Also, Judie could ditch the double feathers in her hat, they look like horns. Add in that shade of red dominating her slightly risqué attire and the exposed stomach, altogether it creates the impression she's actually a devil in human form, ready to throw your soul in her alchemy pot.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I see it's getting really good reviews, but these 16-bit JRPGs made by nostalgic gamers trying to replicate their childhood memories ..something about them leave me hesitant of their quality. 

They cited Xeno in the marketing when they announced Mitsuda was composing. How the fuck did an indie company get Mitsuda on their payroll....

What makes Gramnad remarkable?

That it doesn't even have a fan-translation let me see

"Different from the gathering areas of the cities, dungeons have a "Dungeon Damage" bar. If the dungeon takes too much damage from explosives or activating traps and the bar runs out, it will collapse. Dungeons also have traps and treasure chests, which can be disarmed or opened if the player's party members have the appropiate skills. There are also buttons which may heal the party or the Dungeon Damage bar, but stepping on one is a gamble as it may also cause harm instead. Dungeons are maze-like, and for each time destroyed the floor layout changes. Certain items are only available at certain layouts, making it necessary to destroy dungeons and explore different layouts"

That's....certainly a mechanic.

"The original game have two possible endings, and the Playstation Portable re-release introduced a third ending. There is no bad ending, as the game can't be lost."

This was the first game in the series to not have a time-limit. There is still a day/night cycle which affects some things tho. Pretty standard stuff i'd sa-

"The clock shows what day and what hour it is, and items may decay with the course of time"

You can put them in the fridge but there's a limit. This is the FE5 fatigue of Atelier.

As for Vioarte

"The game allows the player to choose the wares for Viorate's store to sell, or the player can leave it to the game. The player can let Viorate herself be the clerk, or hire one of Viorate's friends. When Viorate is the clerk, it's possible for the player to interact with the customers, and the players actions may affect the customers choices. Many customers will also chat with Viorate, which can make more characters available for hire as a clerk"

In this game, Viorate is specifically running a shop. The way it's described reminds me of Rune Factory 4.

Can't find more information on the game beyond just basic stuff. But that's the main premise, that Viorate's parents go on a trip and they want to see if she can handle herself while they are gone.

Also, Judie could ditch the double feathers in her hat, they look like horns. Add in that shade of red dominating her slightly risqué attire and the exposed stomach, altogether it creates the impression she's actually a devil in human form, ready to throw your soul in her alchemy pot.

Well i did see this

latest.png?width=846&height=600

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

They cited Xeno in the marketing when they announced Mitsuda was composing. How the fuck did an indie company get Mitsuda on their payroll....

Maybe Mitsuda himself was interested? Not unheard of.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe Mitsuda himself was interested? Not unheard of.

Perhaps. But still, i'd imagine that'd be a pretty big expense. The game is also one of the more expensive indies i think, at $34.99. Gunvolt 3 is $29.99 and iirc Inti Creates specifically cited that it was their most ambitious title (and it shows).