• Replies 179.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

That being said, I don't know if I want a remaster of Mario vs Donkey Kong enough to pay Nintendo's prices. Though the co-op functionality is a nice touch... even if I'm sad it's a Toad rather than Loogi lololol

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ground for today.

ground.jpg

I like the design. Very earthy indeed, even plant-ish with the hair. And Flygon is a weird feels-like-a-pseudo-legendary Pokemon that somehow survived being scrapped and ended up in the game, which I like too. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shit, a remaster of Mario vs Donkey Kong. Not something I expected, but I won't complain, I loved that game. Can't wait to hear this banger in HD.

I have on my 3DS, I like the tight little platforming experience, but it got too difficult for me to actually finish it.😅

Ahh there's the Pech game. They literally got her with the Loogi's Mansion trick lol

Once again, they had to make her "weapon" ultra-girly, because God forbid we give Pech-- never mind that disguise thing looks awesome. She didn't get the movie battle axe, but she did get a sword and the ability to kick things in the face, so that's okay.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have on my 3DS, I like the tight little platforming experience, but it got too difficult for me to actually finish it.😅

I picked it up on a whim a couple years ago. Was surprised by the sheer amount of content hiding beneath the surface and how good it was just in general. And the final boss theme. One helluva underrate banger.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

dqoaG2P.png

There it is. The FE news we were hoping for.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh there's the Pech game. They literally got her with the Loogi's Mansion trick lol

Once again, they had to make her "weapon" ultra-girly, because God forbid we give Pech-- never mind that disguise thing looks awesome. She didn't get the movie battle axe, but she did get a sword and the ability to kick things in the face, so that's okay.

I mean, that's kinda Peach's shtick, overall.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, that's kinda Peach's shtick, overall.

Doesn't mean she can't evolve out of it. She's been the most basic, blandest stereotype of damsel in distress without a personality forever. I know characters aren't Mario's focus or strongest suit, but I think it's cool that they're branching out of the trope a bit and letting her stick things with a sword. Or literally just beat shit up. Would've been a bit disappointing if pulling sparkly magic with a ribbon was the only thing she got.

Vanillaware?!?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Looks like they're making the game easier, with timed attacks hurting every enemy onscreen and ultimate attacks. Meh.

Not like it needed to be, SMRPG was already quite easy. Turn-based RPGs generally aren't known for being stuff, yet probably b/c of the associated IP, SMRPG wasn't difficult in the first place.

I really hope they're not selling Luigi's Mansion 2 "HD" for 50 bucks. That's so lazy, the game hardly looks different.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not like it needed to be, SMRPG was already quite easy. Turn-based RPGs generally aren't known for being stuff, yet probably b/c of the associated IP, SMRPG wasn't difficult in the first place.

Hence the "meh"

I can't believe they actually made a new F-Zero game.

...and it's an Tetris 99-style thing that requires Ninty Online, so it's of zero consequence to me.

Get back to me when they make an actual follow-up to F-Zero GX, thanks very much.

Still, they acknowledged F-Zero and put some resources into it. That's progress.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Eiyuden Chronicle looks kinda neat. Having a lot of characters makes it more like Best RPG Exit Fate. Might keep an eye on it if I find myself in the mood for a RPG next year.

...Also it's on PC, pffft well fuck Nintendo then.

Yessssssssss Vanillaware! 😁 I still ya even though 13S didn't click. I could tell right away, that aesthetic is unmistakeable. Are you sure you want to return to fantasy so soon after 13S? I thought you might still be tired of going medieval. Doesn't seem like an overly-grandiose project this time? Got anything bigger hidden the works and making this as a filler game?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Might keep an eye on it if I find myself in the mood for a RPG next year.

Oh yeah, that SaGa thing they just showed that has no relation to Kaga? Cult following in Japan, not so popular in the West. But it is very possible it's where Octopath Traveler got the "8 protagonists with separate stories" idea from. Traditional leveling doesn't exist in the games, instead stats and weapon levels randomly go up after battles, generally based on weapon/stat use. Games are noted as being esoteric in mechanics, but the boss fights can present a good challenge. -Or so I hear secondhand.

Given you like Octopath, given you don't like toothless JRPGs ...if you're desperate for a JRPG -very unlikely I know- might be worth looking up what's a decent SaGa and messing around for an hour.

The problematic part about this amount of content added to MK8 is that when they finally decide to make MK9, they're going to have trouble making it stand out and not feel like MK8 but with a lot less content for another 60 bucks.

Anyway, more remasters. This is probably what we can expect from the remainder of the Switch's lifetime, is it. I never did finish Thousand Year Door, but if I wanted to do it I'd just emulate the original lololololol do what you want cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate yar har fiddle dee dee

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh yeah, that SaGa thing they just showed that has no relation to Kaga?

Oh no, not that. I mean the one that's called Hundred Heroes and does, literally, offer 100+ playable characters, or so it says. Running around finding all sorts of wacky new folks was half the fun of Exit Fate, its surprisingly solid RPG mechanics being the other half. Anything that looks Exit Fatey is good in my book.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But it is very possible it's where Octopath Traveler got the "8 protagonists with separate stories" idea from.

I'd argue it's more likely the inspiration was Live a Live, considering Live a Live's director was a part of Octopath's team and used its success to push for a Live a Live remake.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given you like Octopath, given you don't like toothless JRPGs ...if you're desperate for a JRPG -very unlikely I know- might be worth looking up what's a decent SaGa and messing around for an hour.

I liked Octopath. Octopath 2 has made me realize it's very likely I wouldn't like Octopath if it came out today. I mean, Octopath 2 is literally just Octopath 1 but slightly better in every aspect and I got bored after doing every chapter 2, so...