• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

The laws in Brazil apply to the entire country. This isn't Murrica.

Not just America, Japan has it's age of consent at 16 now (used to be 13) but each prefecture had it set to 18 long before that.

The whole federal vs state laws thing aren't a uniquely American phenomena, it just looks that way cause it's the only country where an individual state can get worldwide headlines.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fire temple was pretty disappointing ngl.

I really liked it personally. Like yeah it's kinda easy to cheese but i liked the layout, the aesthetic, music and the lore. 

boss fight was Yawn.

Water Temple boss is worse imo. 

All Tears

So you saw it then. The scene.

Also, kinda dislike how devoid of enemies the dungeons are

Yeah at least compared to previous games, there definitely aren't a whole lot of enemies. Classic Zelda structure was (Zelda 1 and 2 don't apply to this): enter dungeon -> do puzzles -> fight midboss -> get special item -> use that special item to do more puzzles and then kill the boss.

Of course it was doing this over and over again that made the devs tired.

Of course the thing with TotK dungeons specifically is that the "buildup" is significant enough that it can be considered part of the dungeon. The climb to the Stormwind Ark, the descent into Lost Gorondia (and the little bits before that), etc. 

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't go to McDonalds, please. Leave the national heritage in Burgerland where it belongs.

Sorry man, we're probably eating that when we land or something. Just to have something.

I'm curious as to what an old world McDonald's is like. I've eaten McDonald's in Venezuela but i don't remember the exact details.

It was inferior to Pollo Arturo anyways.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My mother tried, but kid me was extremely unreceptive. She had enough to handle with all the rest of my problems, so she gave up on it. I can't really hold it against her.

She at least tried.

But i'm mainly referring to families where both parents speak the language but then the child doesn't know that language. Like bro....

Unreceptive kids tho, i have a story to tell about that. About myself. First three years of living, my mom was worried i might have had something going on because apart from my name, i didn't respond to any commands in Spanish. When i was three, we went to Venezuela. An aunt speaks to me in English and i understood her as much as a three year old is capable of understanding. "*Mom's name* el que no sabe hablar eres tu!" because it turns out, i had learned English by watching cartoons the caretaker my parents hired put on. Of course those cartoons where in English.

Ironically enough, my first memories ever are in Spanish. In El Tigre, Venezuela. My uncle gave me a sip of beer, told me it was apple juice. Honestly i don't know how i learned Spanish that quickly in a single year but it did have an effect where i had to be placed in ESOL classes in elementary school when i got back because my English was lacking in comparison.

.......no i know why i learned it that quickly. It's because i attended pre-school in Venezuela. Of course.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's possible we might see the "dragon characters for Harvest banner" streak in Heroes finally broken. Timerra might be getting an alt...

Lumera walking to the room

thanos-thanos-portal.gif

Just now, Armagon said:

Lumera walking to the room

thanos-thanos-portal.gif

Haha, I mean, can still happen.

Or we get Veyle in the banner instead...

Still.

That's practically unquestionably Timerra on the right there. Left figure is hard to pinpoint, however.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or we get Veyle in the banner instead...

Veyle never transformed tho.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's practically unquestionably Timerra on the right there.

Ivy 🤝Timerra

Alts before standard

Just now, Armagon said:

Veyle never transformed tho.

Never stopped Xane.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ivy 🤝Timerra

Alts before standard

Yeah, glad they're finally in... but I would certainly not like for them to be stuck in alt-only land.

As it were, I'm rooting/voting for Ivy for CYL.

julaug2023_a01_endangerebandicoot.jpg

Not what I imagined a bandicoot would look like.

...After watching some JRPG longplays to continue with what I did last night, I decided to sit outside and read. I hadn't read anything since the glum set in early last month, I was falling behind. So I ran through an entire Smithsonian issue in a single sitting. Still felt the effects of excessive black bile, but on some level it was good for me. (I was demoralized reading that Oppenheimer was 38 when he got put in charge of the Manhattan Project, younger than I thought.) Sitting outside helped as well, and weather was pleasantly warm, and sunny after what felt like day after day of rain. I need to look up Hawaiian plant fiber-weaving, and separately the felting process now.

I took the paper cover off my next National Geographic that had arrived last week.:

s-l1600.png

Space Issue.🚀😃

Enceladus is stunning. -Please don't trigger cosmic dread in me, this looks too spectacular to have it marred by that.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I like the use of color. Quite kaleidoscopic.😀

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

You can do it

Thank you

Though I only have two characters left to get, I'd prefer if gold sealing stones were more common in the postgame. It really is Xenoblade 2 all over again!

Even when I do get the last characters, I still have to view the last two/three Daydreams and finish the True Reverie Corridor, so it's not like I'll be done soon anyway.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's possible we might see the "dragon characters for Harvest banner" streak in Heroes finally broken. Timerra might be getting an alt...

Oh man, I wish they added Veyle and Lilith before they ditched Dragonween (preferably together as a harmonic).

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ivy 🤝Timerra

Alts before standard

Dorothea moment (she has three alts but not her standard)

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enceladus is stunning.

I'm partial to Mimas

Mimas_Cassini.jpg

No relation to the Death Star. It also bears an uncanny resemblance to Pac-Man.

Edited by Lightchao42

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh man, I wish they added Veyle and Lilith before they ditched Dragonween (preferably together as a harmonic).

They still might. Just because it's no longer 100% Dragonween, doesn't mean we'll stop seeing them still show up.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dorothea moment (she has three alts but not her standard)

So long it's not a Charlotte moment.

Ah, looks like I'm doing the Sunohara Siblings route first. Well, there can't ever be enough Youhei suffering, pft.

Still... again, the fact I watched the anime first is certainly affecting my perception of the VN structure. Sanae's involvement feels so random here... but I guess it kinda fits, heh.

Wait, did they just made a Cat Girl Nuku Nuku reference...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The whole federal vs state laws thing aren't a uniquely American phenomena, it just looks that way cause it's the only country where an individual state can get worldwide headlines.

As if Japan isn't a puppet state of the USA...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like the use of color. Quite kaleidoscopic.😀

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe someday...

Haaaa... I did it. I reached the end. Phew...

One light, twelve to go... but well, that's for another time... another time.

That was so nice... then came the ending. lol Typical. XD

Well, time for me to sleep...

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

So you saw it then. The scene.

Spoiler

The crying dragon? Yeah.

Still have to head to Akala tho. After Water temple maybe

I love how i foresaw it directly at the prologue 😄

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Veyle ❤️

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Sorry man, we're probably eating that when we land or something. Just to have something.

I'm curious as to what an old world McDonald's is like. I've eaten McDonald's in Venezuela but i don't remember the exact details.

It was inferior to Pollo Arturo anyways.

An old world McDonald's is like a regular McDonalds: Shitty.

But i'm mainly referring to families where both parents speak the language but then the child doesn't know that language. Like bro....

Yeah, at that point they have to be actively avoiding speaking the language at home.

Unreceptive kids tho, i have a story to tell about that. About myself. First three years of living, my mom was worried i might have had something going on because apart from my name, i didn't respond to any commands in Spanish. When i was three, we went to Venezuela. An aunt speaks to me in English and i understood her as much as a three year old is capable of understanding. "*Mom's name* el que no sabe hablar eres tu!" because it turns out, i had learned English by watching cartoons the caretaker my parents hired put on. Of course those cartoons where in English.

There's the problem with learning languages. It's the same story as me learning English but not French - if you're going to be using it on the daily for stuff, you learn naturally. If it has to be "forced" on you just for the sake of knowing it, it's going to be very, very difficult.

Ironically enough, my first memories ever are in Spanish. In El Tigre, Venezuela. My uncle gave me a sip of beer, told me it was apple juice. Honestly i don't know how i learned Spanish that quickly in a single year but it did have an effect where i had to be placed in ESOL classes in elementary school when i got back because my English was lacking in comparison.

.......no i know why i learned it that quickly. It's because i attended pre-school in Venezuela. Of course.

A real rollercoaster, it would seem.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The woes of the longliving

They're toddlers.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though I only have two characters left to get, I'd prefer if gold sealing stones were more common in the postgame. It really is Xenoblade 2 all over again!

Even when I do get the last characters, I still have to view the last two/three Daydreams and finish the True Reverie Corridor, so it's not like I'll be done soon anyway.

They are floor-based, so if you aren't far enough, you can't get them.

They have an extra daydream after the TRC is completed as well, if you didn't include that one.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Enceladus is stunning.

This is the one that might have some life in it I think.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

As if Japan isn't a puppet state of the USA...

Japan turns out isn't federalized.

Screenshot_2023-10-02-08-13-08-83_40deb4

Brazil is tho!

The exact workings vary country to country but yes generally speaking, I see some similarities.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

An old world McDonald's is like a regular McDonalds: Shitty.

I just want to see if I have to fight for the right to have ice in my drink at a McDonald's.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's the problem with learning languages. It's the same story as me learning English but not French - if you're going to be using it on the daily for stuff, you learn naturally. If it has to be "forced" on you just for the sake of knowing it, it's going to be very, very difficult.

The way I see it, it's like, there is potentially a whole lot of family members that may not speak the language you're learning. Most of my family members do not know English so imagine if I didn't know Spanish. I wouldn't be able to communicate with the rest of them.

Now of course English is heavily taught in Europe, Europeans on average are more bilingual than the average New Worlder because when you can drive two hours and end up three countries away, you're going to be exposed. So there's still a link.

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just want to see if I have to fight for the right to have ice in my drink at a McDonald's.

...Is fighting to have ice in one's drink a common thing in the US? I believe we spoke of it before, but I can't recall.

In any bar worth its salt I'd tell you no. But I don't know about McDonalds. Haven't gone to one since I was like, 12. Maybe they do restrict ice consumption, the cheap bastards.

The way I see it, it's like, there is potentially a whole lot of family members that may not speak the language you're learning. Most of my family members do not know English so imagine if I didn't know Spanish. I wouldn't be able to communicate with the rest of them.

Yes, that is indeed an issue.

Now of course English is heavily taught in Europe, Europeans on average are more bilingual than the average New Worlder because when you can drive two hours and end up three countries away, you're going to be exposed. So there's still a link.

English is heavily taught, very poorly. I wouldn't know English if all I had was my studies. Most people can't speak a lick of English either, because they didn't have the extra use for it I did.

Reminds me when in both high and middle (or should it be junior high? English counterpart labels are confusing) schools we had French lessons. Always had a bit of a struggle with those since unlike with Spanish and English (which I was learning since I was at least three), I had no immediate purpose to using it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Is fighting to have ice in one's drink a common thing in the US? I believe we spoke of it before, but I can't recall.

Meanwhile here we have to clarify we don't want ice. Else it seems putting ice is by default.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

😄

14 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm partial to Mimas

Mimas_Cassini.jpg

No relation to the Death Star. It also bears an uncanny resemblance to Pac-Man.

Nice.😀 I was unfamiliar with this lunar body, so thanks for pointing it out.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me when in both high and middle (or should it be junior high? English counterpart labels are confusing) schools

Mine used the term "intermediate".😛