Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But not after those who came from Europe.

And many of those Jews who left the Levant for Europe did so as Roman slaves, and as part of the wars between Romans and Jews in Palestine. For its worth, many others had also moved willingly. Of course, their time in Europe wasn't also sunshine and rainbows.

I wonder why....

And the irony here is that Arab Palestine being reduced to the West Bank and Gaza was because of the invasion.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And many of those Jews who left the Levant for Europe did so as Roman slaves, and as part of the wars between Romans and Jews in Palestine.

Thousands of years ago

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

their time in Europe wasn't also sunshine and rainbows.

If it was, we wouldn't be having that big problem right now

Trails into Reverie has the true final boss of all time.

Spoiler

Falcom thought it would be funny to close off the first half of the series by making you fight Trails to Azure's final boss again. Technically it is slightly less cheap than Azure Demiourgos, but compensates by having much more health (three million in total, counting its three phases together) and frequently acting five or six times in a row.

On my first try of the final phase Demiourgos immediately wiped half of my party before they could even do anything, so the rest of the battle was fought by McBurn with Elie, Alisa, and Emma as support. They did respectably, even though I lost. The second try went better on account of having more than half of my party to use; halfway though I got tired of how long it was taking, so Azure Feathers + Rean/McBurn/Crow S-craft spam amended that. I didn't trust the boss to not have an automatic game over attack immediately once it gets to low health (again), so I used Azure Feathers again and Lloyd's S-craft to not take any chances. Ebon Crest is also your friend, for the uninitiated.

The game isn't completely finished once you've done that, since there's still one last Daydream.

Spoiler

That is, the Daybreak-setup Daydream! It's actually a three-in-one.

Rean fights some ninjas, now my life is complete. He also runs into Mia from Fire Emblem, who cuts his sword in half but is still pretty friendly. Rean realizes that he must continue his training before he appears in the next arc.

Gigachad Renne responds to a horrible rich guy by getting his dad kicked out of government. She also accidentally becomes student council president in the process, now she knows how Ash feels. And Zemuria will soon face its biggest threat yet... legal battles between corporations!

The last one focuses on a new character, though her existence was alluded to beforehand. Zin is back too, remember him? Elaine contemplates her dreams and where her life is taking her, laments the loss of her relationship with her childhood friend, solves a criminal case, and fights... someone who will probably be important later. Aside from the last two things, she's just like me. Anyway, she ends up accepting the promotion to A-rank, matching Sara's record as the youngest A-rank bracer.

And oh no, she's... well we don't actually see her face, but she's probably hot. I was waiting for Van to show up so I could say "why is Sonic the Hedgehog as a human in this game?" but he didn't physically appear, darn.

When I first saw it, I thought "Return to the Garden" was part of the daydream and not just a way to return to the Reverie Garden. It's not my fault there's an organization actually called "the Garden"...

It only took almost two years since I started Trails in the Sky, but I'm finally caught up. Now I can finally play this Sporcle quiz (I got 293/298). I wonder what to do now...

Also, I can't believe I finished four Trails games before Armagon finished Atelier Ryza 3.

On 10/14/2023 at 7:42 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

He did a FE8 one a while ago...

On 10/15/2023 at 6:21 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, like Eltosian said, I got two.

I see, though I thought it would've been pretty funny if Eirika and Moulder were inexplicably in a Binding Blade hack.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, now I think I see what you mean. Fresh pizza was getting in the way of me digesting what you seriously meant before.😅

Not enough (European or German?) international outrage in the West towards Israeli actions against the Palestinians?

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wish there was even some outrage and not just a blank check for genocide.

A small group of protesters the the other day tried to block entrances the white house calling for the US to demand an immediate Israeli cease-fire on Gaza, though most were booted out or arrested this morning I believe, including some Jewish people.

Biden himself has issued a statement saying "It's also a priority for me to urgently address the humanitarian crisis in Gaza... We can't lose sight of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Palestinians had nothing to do with the Hamas and the appalling attacks."

...But it's hard to take that statement genuinely when the US continues to funnel billions to the Israeli government and has done nothing to stop war escalation.

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thousands of years ago

If it was, we wouldn't be having that big problem right now

And that's the point. What's happening now is not doing so in a vacuum. Jews have for centuries endured a discrimination-filled diaspora. Even now they still face the threat of genocide. Hamas has never hid their intentions on that front:

https://www.voanews.com/a/middle-east_hamas-official-condemned-after-calling-palestinians-kill-jews/6171870.html

So yes, when I meant restrain, is that it took for an actual large-scale terrorist attack by Hamas with hundreds of casualties to cause these actions by Israel. Condemn it, I do so too, but don't be surprised that there's only so much the Jews can take before being pushed to the brink.

Also, don't be surprised if Netanyahu gets ousted after all this. He's already not that popular to begin with, but between having helped propped up Hamas and the large security negligence that allowed the attack to begin with during his watch, the only thing keeping him in power right now is the people will focus first on dealing with Hamas before turning inward.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, don't be surprised if Netanyahu gets ousted after all this. He's already not that popular to begin with, but between having helped propped up Hamas and the large security negligence that allowed the attack to begin with during his watch, the only thing keeping him in power right now is the people will focus first on dealing with Hamas before turning inward.

Didn't Israel go through like seven elections before ending up at the current government? I know they managed to form a short-lived coalition after the election before the last one, but otherwise I recall it being several rounds of voting in parties unable to form a government. 

Of course, if the current government goes and new elections get held, in what direction will Israeli politics go?  -I'm not sure any of us could seriously predict the outcome.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't Israel go through like seven elections before ending up at the current government? I know they managed to form a short-lived coalition after the election before the last one, but otherwise I recall it being several rounds of voting in parties unable to form a government. 

Of course, if the current government goes and new elections get held, in what direction will Israeli politics go?  -I'm not sure any of us could seriously predict the outcome.

It's hard to say. At the very least, you can count on the opposition using the incident to their benefit to further discredit him. Once this is all over.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

nd that's the point. What's happening now is not doing so in a vacuum.

Doesn't change the fact that Israel is an occupying power.

Jews have for centuries endured a discrimination-filled diaspora.

And now Israel does that to others. Truly moral people

Btw, Jews =/= Israel. Very important distinction to make.

Some of the strongest anti-Israel politicians are Jews themselves.  Just to make it clear i am only talking about the state of Israel and not Jews.

Hamas has never hid their intentions on that front

1. What do you expect from people who have been oppressed for generations, killed and their land stolen?

2. Not all Palestinians support Hamas. You have the West Bank, Hamas-Free-zone. You know what happens to them? They get killed and their lands stolen as well

3. 50% of Gaza are younger than 18. 50% only grew up in war and suffering, and their families killed by the peaceful democratic state of Israel

4. This is Hamas as well?

is that it took for an actual large-scale terrorist attack by Hamas with hundreds of casualties to cause these actions by Israel.

Israel has been doing atrocities to the population since it's creation...

but don't be surprised that there's only so much Palestinians can take before being pushed to the brink.

I can just replace Jews in your sentence, which i did, and it would also be true.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Could be a possible answer regarding the hospital incident.

A likely story. This is just as likely. Or this

Maybe i'd believe the misfire thing more if Israel didn't keep changing their stories and wasn't known for bullshitting their way through war crimes. That said i don't believe Hamas either hence i pointed explicitly the 2 sides blame each other for. Fog of War and all that

And Israel hitting Hospitals ain't a new thing for them. Not even in the current conflict

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

A small group of protesters the the other day tried to block entrances the white house calling for the US to demand an immediate Israeli cease-fire on Gaza, though most were booted out or arrested this morning I believe, including some Jewish people.

Good on them for trying.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Biden himself has issued a statement saying "It's also a priority for me to urgently address the humanitarian crisis in Gaza... We can't lose sight of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Palestinians had nothing to do with the Hamas and the appalling attacks."

...But it's hard to take that statement genuinely when the US continues to funnel billions to the Israeli government and has done nothing to stop war escalation.

Biden can say whatever he likes, until they actually do something the US government is still Israel's highest accomplice in this. As are we, of course - "civilized" Europe are the US's lapdogs. Sanchez went on record the other day expressing his support for Israel. He also said something like "you gotta pursue peace man, this isn't the way", but if you just say that, it rings hollow.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So yes, when I meant restrain, is that it took for an actual large-scale terrorist attack by Hamas with hundreds of casualties to cause these actions by Israel. Condemn it, I do so too, but don't be surprised that there's only so much the Jews can take before being pushed to the brink.

Like Shrimpers said, Israel has been bullying Palestine for decades. It didn't start last week and it was not  a response to anything before that. What happened last week was just  a convenient excuse for Netanyahu to go "okay boys genocide time, we are only defending ourselves"... Which is why there's a good chance he had been warned in advance (Egypt), could've prevented it and decided to do nothing because he could use the tragedy for optics. Just a chance.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's very likely he's doing this precisely to distract so he doesn't get booted. If I understand it correctly, the way things were looking, he wouldn't have lasted.

Could be a possible answer regarding the hospital incident.

these are literally Putin-against-Ukraine tier arguments

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Trails into Reverie has the true final boss of all time.

Reveal hidden contents

Falcom thought it would be funny to close off the first half of the series by making you fight Trails to Azure's final boss again. Technically it is slightly less cheap than Azure Demiourgos, but compensates by having much more health (three million in total, counting its three phases together) and frequently acting five or six times in a row.

On my first try of the final phase Demiourgos immediately wiped half of my party before they could even do anything, so the rest of the battle was fought by McBurn with Elie, Alisa, and Emma as support. They did respectably, even though I lost. The second try went better on account of having more than half of my party to use; halfway though I got tired of how long it was taking, so Azure Feathers + Rean/McBurn/Crow S-craft spam amended that. I didn't trust the boss to not have an automatic game over attack immediately once it gets to low health (again), so I used Azure Feathers again and Lloyd's S-craft to not take any chances. Ebon Crest is also your friend, for the uninitiated.

A boss fight in Reverie taking longer than it needs to kill is normal. HP sponge was literally the name of that game, and unless cheese setups are used, this gets annoying. XD

*reads news*
*Attack on synagogue in Berlin*

I fucking want off this timeline.

I should stop news'ing for a while. And away from any internet comment section because it makes me lose all faith in humanity and honestly feel utterly uncomfortable with how disgusting many are being.

Problem is, what else to do during work. Internet is what keeps me sane

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I should stop news'ing for a while. And away from any internet comment section because it makes me lose all faith in humanity and honestly feel utterly uncomfortable with how disgusting many are being.

Internet comment sections are the most depressing cesspools you'll ever see. It's getting to a point where I basically just look at a few comments, get a picture of what they're saying, and assume the direct opposite is correct.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Join the Gay Fates discord with me and write some yaoi. It's proving quite entertaining.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RE-LAT-A-BLE!🙂

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I should stop news'ing for a while.

Helpful?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

*reads news*
*Attack on synagogue in Berlin*

I fucking want off this timeline.

Okay, seeing you like that, I won't continue either. I've been following the development of the Russian-Ukraine War from like Day 1. I get how stressful it can get when you spend hours looking up stuff like that.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

How often can you get away with using your phone?

rMqbkYA.jpg

If I could, I'd totally be doing this with Another Eden...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Helpful?

umu!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and write some

Maybe i should write out some of my fic ideas lol

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How often can you get away with using your phone?

i can get away with alot, but gaming during work is kinda....too much

Tried for a while. Not a fan i am the type who immerses themselves in the games lol. Work interrupting my vidya time is....beh

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Internet comment sections are the most depressing cesspools you'll ever see

the general atmosphere just reminds me very of post 9/11

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Unfortunately I suspect your liked Fates characters are likely well-covered already. The good thing about being me is that nobody's rushing to steal my liked characters' supports, because nobody else likes them. I'm this close to having written more Fuga and Yukimura supports than both IntSys and the rest of the contributors to the mod lolololol

Yeah it doesn't surprise me that much that I might've caught something on the way home.

12 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, I can't believe I finished four Trails games before Armagon finished Atelier Ryza 3.

One day.

11 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

But it's hard to take that statement genuinely when the US continues to funnel billions to the Israeli government and has done nothing to stop war escalation.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Biden can say whatever he likes, until they actually do something the US government is still Israel's highest accomplice in this. As are we, of course - "civilized" Europe are the US's lapdogs. Sanchez went on record the other day expressing his support for Israel. He also said something like "you gotta pursue peace man, this isn't the way", but if you just say that, it rings hollow

Israel's big PR campaign made it so that anyone seen going against them is automatically a Nazi.

Nothing short of Israel using nukes would get the US to condemn them.

Colombia is considering cutting ties but South American countries rarely have much global political power. Like it's mainly just Brazil.

But like The Pope said "I think killing children is bad" and Israel's FM said The Pope's statement was unacceptable.

Making any annoying Blade Achievement quest not a pain in the ass! Grinding materials for Pyra's cooking? Well the achievement only needs half of what it used to. They honestly went a bit far with these, it's not difficult or challenging by any means, just annoying after a while.

Edited by Lightcosmo

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i can get away with alot, but gaming during work is kinda....too much

Tried for a while. Not a fan i am the type who immerses themselves in the games lol. Work interrupting my vidya time is....beh

Haha, you got it better than me, then.

Hmm, I feel I wouldn't have that problem, since most of the time I'm done with the work of the day up to hours before the workday ends... so yeah, if I don't do something, it'd be just hours staring at my computer screen. It's part of why I hope they do pass those labor reforms to knock down the workweek down to 40 hours.

umu!

Here's the alternative version that's it's own separate character theme BTW.😛

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think I've given up on trying to write fanfiction. The last thing I successfully wrote was a little episode of light, wholesome, poignant, wacky smut, an attempt to ease the mind. I can have a nice idea I'd like to explore, but going anywhere with that idea is impossible b/c I shoot down all possible directions b/c I'm uncertain of where to take it. 

Like, I was thinking of writing out this one game premise that ended up being scrapped from its final product. That being- the big army of assembled heroes starts the story fighting the big bad, but then they lose right away and the game itself is spent resurrecting the fallen. -How long to set it after the heroes' defeat? Should there be any survivors? Should any heroes fully pass on and transfer their heroic essence to new people? Filling in these blanks overwhelms me.😆

Ofc, that's writing a full story out of a concept, a bit much. -But then I can't write dialogue either. And writing character interactions without any of that is tricky too.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My Heart

😄

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah it doesn't surprise me that much that I might've caught something on the way home.

Some Spanish flu?😏