Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Actually, on the topic of Wonder, I'm thinking. I still have those trading funds on Cex leftover from when I sold Three Houses, bought Dread and then sold that back to them again alongside Splatnection Error 2. If I wait a bit, the next time I swing by the city I could possibly use them to nab Wonder for free. And finally use the funds for something.

Might be the strat. I'm not in too much of a hurry to play it. It looks pretty fun, but it also looks entirely devoid of difficulty and I'm not sure if that's what I want right at the moment.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Its a new age Mario game, they are generally of lower difficulty. Xd

There was hope that, with five dedicated baby mode characters and the assist badges, the game wouldn't pull its punches as much. Oh well.

I do know there are some levels with difficulty, but everyone agrees that the grand majority of the game is extremely easy.

Oh I can trade Mario Maker 2 in for like, 25 bucks, provided it doesn't plummet over much by the time I get around to doing this. With the 20 bucks I have left over, I can definitely nab Wonder when the time comes. Yep, that's definitely the strat, I'd say.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

feel like the time limits prevented excessive lollygagging, but didn't make the levels a race against the clock whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, time limit had been a complete afterthought for a long time in this series. Only Luigi U actually used it for something, everywhere else it was just a remnant of a time long past

Yeah but like they had to be designed in a way that Little Timmy could still beat it under that long-ass time-limit. So they couldn't really make it too elaborate.

No time-limit means Little Timmy won't lose cause he was backtracking trying to find the Wonder Seed.

You don't wanna be the guy that gave a role to the rapist murderer. Even if he was acquitted - but then, on the flipside, fame gives so much power and influence that I wouldn't be surprised if there were shenanigans there.

He was able to sign a deal with Warner Bros.......the same day he died of heart failure or something.

44 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Its a new age Mario game, they are generally of lower difficulty. Xd

Mario has never been that difficult outside of a few select levels.

Of course, The Perfect Run is a motherfucker.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but like they had to be designed in a way that Little Timmy could still beat it under that long-ass time-limit. So they couldn't really make it too elaborate.

No time-limit means Little Timmy won't lose cause he was backtracking trying to find the Wonder Seed.

Now that you've put it like that, yeah, that's likely the reason the time limit was excised. It doesn't really make sense as a simple attempt at "modernizing", because again, lives are still here and they're just as pointless as they've been for decades.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Mario has never been that difficult outside of a few select levels.

Ehhh difficulty's definitely gone down since the really old 2D Marios. Lost Levels aside it wasn't ever like, insanely difficult, but it definitely used to be a tad more challenging. Luigi U once again being the exception there. Luigi U was great I don't care what anyone says

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

because again, lives are still here and they're just as pointless as they've been for decades

They should've done what Odyssey did and made you lose coins instead. Especially since there's a shop.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh difficulty's definitely gone down since the really old 2D Marios. Lost Levels aside it wasn't ever like, insanely difficult, but it definitely used to be a tad more challenging

Ehhh, it's less that it was more challenging and moreso that you just had less tools. No ground pounds, no wall jumps, getting hit always reverted you to Small Mario.

Of course the post game worlds were usually the hardest part. That's been a staple in most Mario games so Wonder probably has it too.

YoMZZUe.jpg

It turns out that sticking three mine carts together with only one fan is a questionable idea. I had to jump off and climb the rest of the way.

On 10/19/2023 at 6:49 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Talk about Factory Worker Garon.

I was very surprised when the mysterious masked protagonist turned out to be Factory Worker Garon all along. Then he said "Gahaha!", stole Rean and Lloyd's girlfriends, and went on to solo the final boss.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:12 PM, Armagon said:

He is playing peak fiction (if you finish this before i finish Ryza 3, it's genuinely over).

I'm sure you'll finish Ryza 3 before the next Atelier game releases... probably.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, Lightcosmo said:

Curious as to which characters you used most! 

I try to make use of everyone (which isn't too hard, since characters gain a level or two after basically every battle in the postgame) but I found myself using

Spoiler

Vita

more than I expected going in. Roselia gets an honorary mention, because she was the first gold sealing stone character I got and I like characters with high ATS.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

This setup works really well even without upgraded quartz and equipment

I think Laura has one of the lowest ATS among my characters at the moment, so it might take some work.

As an aside, I generally have everyone keep their default Master Quartz; I made an exception for Aegis and Infinity, since Noel starts with the former and using a ranged attacker as a tank didn't make much sense.

It doesn't really make sense as a simple attempt at "modernizing", because again, lives are still here and they're just as pointless as they've been for decades.

I like the way Doom Eternal used extra lives, since they revive you immediately rather than sending you back to a checkpoint. I'm not sure how Mario would handle the same thing, and they'd probably be less common in that case.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

They should've done what Odyssey did and made you lose coins instead. Especially since there's a shop.

Wonder does this weird thing where purple coins are awesome, you gather them to buy stuff at a shop, they have a purpose and shit... but then regular coins are the same old "I collect this for the dopamine rush" deal because they, and lives, are as pointless as ever. It's like they fixed it but then kept the old thing alongside the fix.

Mario was never really difficult outside post-game. Aslong as i get some challenge post game i am generally satisfied.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

how many lives did it take me again...150 was it XD

Okay, I'm done with the story part... they clearly want them all to end in cliffhangers, hahaha. Now to do all the side-stuff, which I deliberately left off until now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 10/18/2023 at 10:31 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sure, the Herons are good.🦢🕊️🦩

While he is too bedridden to ever appear in either game...

200-201.jpg

We nonetheless have a tiny headshot of what their father looks like.

This PoR height chart:

162-163.jpg

Also shows you what a transformed now-extinct non-royal Heron looked like.

I love shit like this so much.

On 10/19/2023 at 6:33 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Quite the inspiring speech, if I do say so myself.

God fucking dammit, there was a typo where I said "To be against the status quo is to take the path of least resistance" when I meant to say something along the lines of "To be COMPLACENT in the Status Quo is to take the path of least resistance." I'm so ashamed, no one will ever want to have sex with me.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There was hope that, with five dedicated baby mode characters and the assist badges, the game wouldn't pull its punches as much. Oh well.

We'll have to wait for when they luigi-fy the game.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

God fucking dammit, there was a typo where I said "To be against the status quo is to take the path of least resistance" when I meant to say something along the lines of "To be COMPLACENT in the Status Quo is to take the path of least resistance." I'm so ashamed, no one will ever want to have sex with me.

Naah I got what you were saying-- Excuse me wha?

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

We'll have to wait for when they luigi-fy the game.

Super Luigi Wonder. In lieu of a timer, it is now a full-on kaizo campaign. Luigi must suffer.

Merry Magoland turns out to be just a mode for the bunch of minigames they brought back. With collectible decorative masks you can then wear in the maingame too. Maybe it'd be called being greedy, but a just a few more minigames wouldn't have hurt.

And then for today I moved on.:

2023102111493500-s-1.jpg

The Interdimensional Traveler isn't bad. Magolor was playable in Star Allies, though I skipped that so using him is new to me. His projectile-oriented skillset is good enough. I was going to try completing this entire mode in one sitting, it's fairly short (and a bunch of the bosses are just 3.0s of old bosses that had already been 2.0'd via Ex forms). Although the new aesthetics are nice enough and the stages are expectably easy as Kirby is. I found this enjoyable.

However, the final boss...

Spoiler

2023102114113700-s-1.jpg2023102114272000-s-1.jpg

Nothing out of the norm here, a typical Kirby final foe.

...ended up roasting me on the couple tries I attempted.

Thankfully...

2023102112334700-s-1.jpg

...there's a light RPG element to this mode. Grinding some more Magic Orbs to max Health should make the final boss doable, it shouldn't take too long either.

I like how Magolor's descriptions are cute, yet worrisome in how he seems to enjoy pure destruction.😄

Against my inclinations, I can't stay up too late. I have the ballet tomorrow. I should be excited for it, and I will enjoy it. But... my excessive homebody habits, and the fact I'm still not entirely devoid of 🙁 means I'm not actually at all eager.

Idiot.

---

Playing Return to Dream Land Deluxe somehow reminded me of my holistic love for Revenge of Meta Knight.😆 -And Kirby as a whole of course.