Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's worth noting this is, once again, not a "Europe" thing. Spain is Corruption Central, of course nobody cares about piracy.

A lot of the tech-based laws in Europe do tend to come from the EU itself. Of course, piracy is illegal everywhere, it's just that most governments don't give a shit.

Related but the whole "not a Europe" thing honestly comes back to the EU. It strips y'all of some individuality ngl. It's why Europe tends to get viewed as monolithic. When I crossed over to Portugal, there was a big sign that said "Portugal" but instead of the Portuguese flag, it had the EU flag. EU isn't a country, why is it's flag everywhere? I saw products that said "Made in Spain", I have some of those souvenir license plates with my name on it, I got it at Santiago de Compostela but the flag on that license plate wasn't the Spanish one, it was the EU flag. Your license plates from Portugal to Italy are all exactly the same.

Like there's definitely a reason why Europe tends to get viewed more monolithic by Americans than other parts of the world. Cause y'all do it to yourselves, this doesn't happen anywhere near as much with Asia or South America. Africa's a weird one but tbf a lot of the countries there aren't even a century old.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing, cause I definitely seen it a lot when Americans are like "why does Europe" and then you got a bunch of Europeans complaining that they're being viewed as monolithic when they're not. They aren't monolithic but there's a reason that public image exists at least online I think.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Good thing anime has both grills and bearbs

Or grills with bearbs

There's a Granblue character like this. She gets the transphobes mad.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bought a new laptop - not what i wanted, but the best i could get without going 3000€ lol. Ryzen™ 7 7840HS and RTX 4070 (140W) should last me a few years

That quickly?😮-I take it you were thinking about it well before yesterday?

Hope it'll last ya well!🙂 What's the first thing you'll run on it?

---

-And one question for ya Shrimpy while I have your attention. If I was going to dip my toes into Old Ys, where would you suggest I begin? I was just thinking while the present Steam sale was going on that I'd possibly pick one up. The wholly-unrelated-to-Ys first thing I checked the price for was Eternights, but it's only $9 off and I think I'll wait for Xmas before buying that. The "Smutroidvania" I was considering isn't on sale at all either.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That quickly?😮-I take it you were thinking about it well before yesterday?

I've been searching the whole week 😅

Have been thinking about it for months, thought on Black Friday i could get a better deal than usual, but nah, and so decided to bite (as it's not getting cheaper)

Hope it'll last ya well!🙂 What's the first thing you'll run on it?

Switch PC

Elden Ring is pretty high up there. Witcher 3 i own and haven't finished yet. Same with DMC5 etc.

. If I was going to dip my toes into Old Ys, where would you suggest I begin?

Ys Origin has a demo - if you like it, you can get it and Oath as they play very similarly (and so does Ark, but it's not as polished or good as the other 2 imo)

Ys 1/2 are an acquired taste due to bump combat (especially 1, 2 imo is much more fun thanks to magic) but they also cost together like 3 bucks - can never go wrong with that.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Elden Ring is pretty high up there. Witcher 3 i own and haven't finished yet. Same with DMC5 etc.

Less anime than expected.😀 Although Dante is absolutely anime, just with enough aesthetic realism to avoid Western bellyaching. I'm pretty sure you've never mentioned the second here before.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ys Origin has a demo - if you like it, you can get it and Oath as they play very similarly (and so does Ark, but it's not as polished or good as the other 2 imo)

Ys 1/2 are an acquired taste due to bump combat (especially 1, 2 imo is much more fun thanks to magic) but they also cost together like 3 bucks - can never go wrong with that.

I'll keep this in mind. Thank you.😃

Maaaybe 1&2? To actually get to the very beginning of the decades-long journey. Not knowing the ancient era of the franchise firsthand (well, in a modernized form) feels a little awkward when I've now four later journeys behind me. "Medieval Ys", as in the pre-Seven post-something era, doesn't bother me quite as much. -But then with me, nothing is set in stone until it is.😅

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Less anime than expected.😀

well, i have alot of anime stuff on the wishlist as well, but i bet i can run alot of them with my current setup...although not the next gen of anime games or stuff like FF7 Re (which i might try my hand at evantually)

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm pretty sure you've never mentioned the second here before.

I have owned it for a loooooooooong time, just put it aside until i get something strong enough to run without lag lol

Don't think i will play first thing, but it will be pumped up for sure

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maaaybe 1&2? To actually get to the very beginning of the decades-long journey.

can never get wrong with that!

And they all have some lore connections - the same lore you saw in Celceta

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

A lot of the tech-based laws in Europe do tend to come from the EU itself. Of course, piracy is illegal everywhere, it's just that most governments don't give a shit.

Related but the whole "not a Europe" thing honestly comes back to the EU. It strips y'all of some individuality ngl. It's why Europe tends to get viewed as monolithic. When I crossed over to Portugal, there was a big sign that said "Portugal" but instead of the Portuguese flag, it had the EU flag. EU isn't a country, why is it's flag everywhere? I saw products that said "Made in Spain", I have some of those souvenir license plates with my name on it, I got it at Santiago de Compostela but the flag on that license plate wasn't the Spanish one, it was the EU flag. Your license plates from Portugal to Italy are all exactly the same.

Like there's definitely a reason why Europe tends to get viewed more monolithic by Americans than other parts of the world. Cause y'all do it to yourselves, this doesn't happen anywhere near as much with Asia or South America. Africa's a weird one but tbf a lot of the countries there aren't even a century old.

Just my thoughts on the whole thing, cause I definitely seen it a lot when Americans are like "why does Europe" and then you got a bunch of Europeans complaining that they're being viewed as monolithic when they're not. They aren't monolithic but there's a reason that public image exists at least online I think.

...Europe is seen as one big monolith because... the EU flag shows up? Never mind the vast cultural differences between each country?

I mean, sure, I guess. I also couldn't tell you the difference between Americans beyond "Texan" and "default American", so. Maybe it's just a human thing.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Europe is seen as one big monolith because... the EU flag shows up? Never mind the vast cultural differences between each country?

I'm saying it presents a big unified front. Like a pseudo-country. I can't think of any other alliance where they put the flag of the alliance everywhere.

Of course there are big cultural differences between each country but again, South America and Asia are not viewed anywhere near as monolithic for a reason.

Also the amount of posts I've seen that began with some variation of "as a European" as opposed to "as a *citizen of country*" /s

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>boss Rush

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i am not ready

Standard fare.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

a3704ol.jpg

You should be....there's 3 of you........

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DON'T TRIPLE PETRIFY POOR VOLT

Only kill the normal two.

44 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

although not the next gen of anime games or stuff like FF7 Re (which i might try my hand at evantually)

My heart bleeds for you. The games combat is very clunky and its just... Not good. Xd

20231124222153_1.jpg?ex=6573893b&is=6561

>REINCARNATION

LUMEN

I LOVE YOU

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fairly certain there's a checkpoint before him.

yh, there's, thankfully

....i wish i could close my game and restart from checkpoint became my game is bugged lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

well, it's super low prio anyway xD

I dont mean to sway your opinion in a negative manner of course, I aplogise in advance. Just from experience, the gameplay needed fine-tuning, and alot of it.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I dont mean to sway your opinion in a negative manner of course, I aplogise in advance. Just from experience, the gameplay needed fine-tuning, and alot of it.

dw

It's still a squeenix game. Which means there's a 95% chance i won't like it xD