• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But hey, it's a single player game, play however you want 😉

Don't go reminding me by inverse of the entire fighting game genre. Half-circle forward, three-quarters circle back, punch, punch, kick, up, diagonal forward, unspin head, break controller, punch screen. Now that's one place where I feel intimidated out of it.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Naturally, as any normal person would do, i instantly selected English...

That's the wrong version. It's the us cut version. The uncut one is English (Japanese Voice mode)

*Grabs my Baka No Katana and dons the hachimaki of haughty Nippon weebism.*

"ENGLISH VOICE """ACTING""" IS ALWAYS HORRIBLE! SUBS OVER DUBS OR YOU'RE OBJECTIVELY WRONG YOU SHEEPSHAGGER!"

*Vomits out the ectoplasm of egotism*🤮

Not all normal people, I would think. Some without realizing it would walk into the superior translation.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We're on 11 right now, though most people haven't updated from 10 yet.

Im finding that a shit load of games dont seem to like Windows 10

Funny, even some of the Windows game ones I had running on my Mac are having trouble now

Warlords Battlecry 3 is one of em. It lags and stutters

For Neverwinter Nights 2 I had to find some obscure secret corner of Windows and punch in some this weird shit I got off GOG, restart the computer, and then that one worked

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now that's one place where I feel intimidated out of it.

You and me both, even if do enjoy a fighting game every now and then xD

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ENGLISH VOICE """ACTING"""

Funny enough the game doesn't even have English voice acting lmao. English is silent aside from Lumen's songs.

I didn't even notice there was a japanese voice mode to begin with xD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not all normal people, I would think. Some without realizing it would walk into the superior translation.

Lucky them xD

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you didn't try to load the save file again to see if there's something going on?

I was 14 and didn't think games were that deep.

Not even the first time it happened either, I watched Aldnoah.Zero years ago. Thought it ended depressingly. Turns out there was a season 2 the whole time lmao.

Thankfully i don't care about score XD

I don't too much either but that is how you get the good music.

Speaking about Ix

Gunvolt 2 or iX 1 first?

So, thing to know ahead of time is iX is an alt continuity. So technically it doesn't matter which you do first. 

However, the iX games have less dialogue as a whole compared to mainline (there's no mid-stage dialogue) so if you want a breather, you can do that first. That said, GV2 is generally a more proper introduction to Copen and Lola.....even if Copen isn't a big racist in iX timeline. Still though, you'll get more milage out of iX 1 if you do GV1 and 2 first. But ultimately it doesn't matter either way.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or is it just the miserly splitting of the playables that's behind what I remember being a lukewarm reception?

It was moreso this yeah. It's like if Dragon's Crown had half the content cause it was split and also relied way more on the multiplayer aspect actually.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay... it's time. For real, it's Xeno time!

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fuck me ahahahaha

I just found out i've been playing the cut/wrong version all along XD

SHRIMPY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, there's only one save slot?

Early Switch game moment. 

That still continues but less so.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

In the version i played i didn't even know that Lumen is a famous virtual idol lmao

So much shit is cut in the original loc while making shit up, I still don't know how 8-4 fumbled that badly.

It's why I generally can't take localization complaints seriously anymore. Say what you will about Engage or Fates but they didn't fumble anywhere near as bad as the time 8-4 did Gunvolt 1.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I don't too much either but that is how you get the good music.

you can't even cache them at checkpoint before you get the 1k Kudos ;_;

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Still though, you'll get more milage out of iX 1 if you do GV2 first. But ultimately it doesn't matter either way

👍

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

SHRIMPY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

IKR

Like fuck me, this went from a game with almost 0 story to actually having some fun dialogue & characterization and quite a bit of lore lol

And Lumen isn't just a meme spawning stand 😂

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

why I generally can't take localization complaints seriously anymore.

Just because this is super bad doesn't make the others good.

That, and i've seen worse *remembers Ys 8 fiasco*

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Early Switch game moment. 

That still continues but less so.

Right, XC1DE was years after. Even if only three, that's still much better than just one.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So much shit is cut in the original loc while making shit up, I still don't know how 8-4 fumbled that badly.

It's why I generally can't take localization complaints seriously anymore. Say what you will about Engage or Fates but they didn't fumble anywhere near as bad as the time 8-4 did Gunvolt 1.

Eh, isn't that also a localization complain?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you can't even cache them at checkpoint before you get the 1k Kudos ;_;

The trick is to not hit the checkpoints.

Although come GV3, checkpoints don't reset your Kudos counter anymore. Kudos got reworked in general, in GV3, it's "if you take a hit, your Kudos gets locked and you have to earn a certain number to unlock it and start earning again. The higher your Kudos, the bigger the penalty lock".

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

IKR

Like fuck me, this went from a game with almost 0 story to actually having some fun dialogue & characterization and quite a bit of lore lol

And Lumen isn't just a meme spawning stand

You won't run into this issue again thankfully.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Right, XC1DE was years after. Even if only three, that's still much better than just one.

Xenoblade 3 also has three slots. Plus a quick save slots.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, isn't that also a localization complain?

I meant that GV1 original loc was so bad that that's how bad a loc has to be to make me care about it.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The trick is to not hit the checkpoints.

Yh

Thing is

I need the checkpoints - skill issue i know XD

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You won't run into this issue again thankfully

I am speedruning through the game on easy mode atm to get the bits i missed

I meant that GV1 original loc was so bad that that's how bad a loc has to be to make me care about it.

doesn't nullify other very valid loc complaints tho.

I finally got around to playing Radiant Dawn again after far too long. I'm too tired for a write up but damn, a Fire Emblem game with this many defense maps is something I couldn't even imagine them doing today.

Also I missed Thanksgiving here so uhh, something something NativeAmericansdon'treallycelebrateit something something.

So Argentina's President has officially decided to close the central bank and just rely exclusively on USD.

.....I feel like I shouldn't have to point out that tying your currency to another country is a bad idea but maybe the situation in Argentina is that fucked anyways.

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yh

Thing is

I need the checkpoints - skill issue i know XD

You'll get better.

Well, at least don't get the checkpoint until the one before the boss.

So Argentina's President has officially decided to close the central bank and just rely exclusively on USD.

.....I feel like I shouldn't have to point out that tying your currency to another country is a bad idea but maybe the situation in Argentina is that fucked anyways.

It's Latin America, we're used to it

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, time to... dive in.

Have fun! And let us know when you get KOS-MOS.

Thing is, when starting the game, there's a "language" option

English (English) reminds me of

e02.png

Revolver Ocelot

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, there's only one save slot?

Always has been. Technically you can get more if you have multiple Switch profiles.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

🍿

Well, at least don't get the checkpoint until the one before the boss.

well, atleast on easy mode speedrun now i am enjoying Lumen's song XD - Almost finished the run btw

Well see how i will fare when i get to Gunvolt 2 eventually.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's Latin America, we're used to it

It has to be especially bad in Argentina for them to resort to that when Venezuela hasn't. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

well, atleast on easy mode speedrun now i am enjoying Lumen's song XD

Also goes without saying but the full versions are on YouTube.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Also I missed Thanksgiving here so uhh, something something NativeAmericansdon'treallycelebrateit something something.

I did see that some Native Americans do protest the holiday. The modernized... positive-yet-more-"aware" image of it being "a short-lived moment in American where the two sides were able to coexist fairly in peace" not working for said North American indigenous. Rather, it was feeding a starving wolf who later gnawed your face off, not something worth celebrating.

-Although I wouldn't think most Americans actually celebrate the origins of the holiday anymore. It's just the weight of tradition that perpetuates the holiday, and most people focus on the family (function and or dysfunction) and food. -Although I understand if the indigenous critics don't care if that's the case.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Steam's regional pricing rules changing had led to comments in the past week of "PC gaming in Argentina is dead".

Doing a quick look, inflation went up 8.3% in October. With total annual inflation for the past year adding up to 142.7% percent. Seems to be a record-breaking crisis.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, so. I like that using Arts is simpler, with just three tied to specific buttons than the eight-size palette and having to move and select. More streamlined.

Can't say I'm too fond of salvaging working on reaction presses, though. Too much of a hassle...