• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

UtSG9vL.jpg

Joule?

Fusion?

o0zcXyP.jpg

Can you finally stop being a Racist pos, Copen?

BaNnfrm.jpg
iLuQf44.jpg
4kKBo1w.jpg
rW8tsL0.jpg

...Nope.

Let's get GV True end....

I really hope that doesn't mean Joule is gone 😞

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And this is actually the easier of the two. Cause you can at least spam Hydro Laser.

493648303947251713.webp?size=128&quality

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fun fact:

She

latest.png?ex=65765ca7&is=6563e7a7&hm=7e

is heavily implied to be an older version of

latest.png?ex=65765d71&is=6563e871&hm=90

and Copen and Mytyl are heavily implied to be the children of

latest.png?ex=65765e7c&is=6563e97c&hm=1b

because the Inti Creates Cinematic Universe is almost certainly a thing, which is really funny to consider that the usually ecchi Gal*Gun series is set in the Gunvolt series' past. Recently, there is a true tangible connection to BMZ too.

Yes but it's different. First, you should note that Inti almost never reuses true end reqs. Even if it's another "collect thing", they've never done a "find the Chaos Emeralds" again.

Second, for GV2, it's a bit strange. There's two true endings, one for each route. You have to complete each route once. After that, redo the final level again to access the true end of that route. It's slightly convoluted but i guess due to how the game was structured, there wasn't an alternative?

Garfield moment.

That middle one kinda reminds me of one of the mini demons from Dragon Warrior 3

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've played both COTMs and I don't get the reference. Is this something in those games that I just didn't see?

Meanwhile a good couple thirds of the RPGs I've actually enjoyed (all six of them) were in the 20 hour range.

Like, Lisa ends in 10 hours if you know where to go lol. And the longest is probably... Either Octopath 1 or Exit Fate at 40 hours. I don't remember how long octo 1 took. Maybe a few hours longer than that.

Imagine a JRPG's gameplay loop staying fun and engaging for 100 hours lolololol couldn't be me

Final Fantasy 2, or 4 depending on how old you are. Thats a pretty long one too. I spent many a weekend gettin way too little sleep when that one came out here in the US

Edited by Capt. Fargus

a4Hlq9Z.jpg

Smile Protected??

Let's take a look at the other side

K7kVGuf.jpg

Defense buff ftw. Let me survive his stupid Doppler attack at the end

eBlN0zK.jpg

Joule?

lWhaw3t.jpg

KhofUxI.jpg

...Civy GV?

I2mYpLl.jpg

AYO?

n5x7dLR.jpg

*Nods*

LqhKDKK.jpg

GV NO

:sob:

pKbcmNH.jpg

F

qZRMaGi.jpg

Man...this game was really really mean to Joule

GV and Quill got the drip tho, gotta say

9OnK41D.jpg

...you did

a4Hlq9Z.jpg

Gunvolt 2 - Fin

Still need to listen to the lyrical tracks because i only got like 3 in game lol

It was fun time - Although Copen got time to get used to (and even then it still felt bit jank to play with him) and i think i like the writing in 1 more.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

33 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

LqhKDKK.jpg

GV NO

:sob:

Had she remembered more, I wonder if GV would've continued.

Tbh I do feel Inti kinda wrote themselves into a corner here, it's why GV3 is more of a follow-up to GV1 than 2.

44 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Man...this game was really really mean to Joule

This game did give me trust issues with Inti because outside of like the funny stuff, i wasn't sure if Inti would pull shit like that in their other games. I always gotta keep an eye out.

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Although Copen got time to get used to (and even then it still felt bit jank to play with him)

He does have a whole other game (and then another where they changed his playstyle and it's actually jank).

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i wasn't sure if Inti would pull shit like that in their other games.

I hope not lol

I mean, why remove the supportive/good traits of Joule and add them to Quill (who is basically a nothing character) and turn Joule into a Jealous Housewife 90% of the game lol. It was funny at the start but then i was a bit mad honestly because Joule was the center of GV1 and here she was a joke until she basically got erased at the end....

And even Quill i expected a bit more of her since she could hear Joule, but she's just there to be supportive housewife....I actually expected Joule/Quill to fusion at the beginning lol

Also Copen should've had a bit more development. Like, not racism gone development, but not ending the game with him still being super racist lol

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh I do feel Inti kinda wrote themselves into a corner here, it's why GV3 is more of a follow-up to GV1 than 2.

i decided to take a look at GV3. Gameplay looks fun, but story synopsis makes like, 0 sense

Like, why is the Sumeragi group still even a thing xD

Is this the Fates of GV

Well, will get it sometime down the line...

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I hope not lol

I meant in terms of the suffering, how they wrote Joule here specifically doesn't return at all.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sumeragi never actually went away, they just got dealt a massive blow. The Sumeragi that is in GV3 is basically a completely restructured entity than the one in GV1/2. Still kinda shady but not evil.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is this the Fates of GV

With the way some fans reacted, you'd think, but it's mostly just the wait of six years for a sequel that was completely different from what was expected with an ending that's kinda eh with some setup that we may not know what it is that rustled some fans' jimmies. GV2 has a secret ending that people expected to be followed up on, but much like Mega Man ZXA's secret ending, it comes completely out of nowhere and literally doesn't affect anything if you remove it. Most people never even saw it in-game because it's too hidden.

I actually do like what GV3's story and characterization does overall. It's the first game in the series (though not the first time overall) that Adepts are actually shown in a more positive light beyond just rebels and terrorists on the negative side because, let's be fair, we never encounter any Adept in GV1 or 2 that isn't neither. With it being the only game where you don't immediately shoot the bosses in the head, a lot of the boss characterization and backstory is actually in the game itself instead of being tucked away in Drama CDs and supplementary reading. Did you know that the reason Asroc turned racist is because he came home one day to find his entire family burned to death (an anti-Adept racist found out Asroc was an Adept and tried to target him). No? Well that's because it's not in the game.

Tbf it's not like this series is trying to be X-Men, i'm not expecting political commentary here. I also know that Inti games are narratively light as a whole and the short run time doesn't allow enough time to like put all of this in (even GV3 is getting it's own drama CD) but the simple change in boss philosophy makes me far more attached to GV3's bosses and characters as a whole than any other game in the series.

But yes the gameplay is peak

"Baldur's Gate 3 is GOTY" does Baldur's Gate 3 let you build and make a Godzilla movie? No? Didn't think so. Checkmate.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

> Torta

Torta de Jamón

What'cha talking about, chief?

Torta

venezuelan-desserts-1.jpg

Spanish language moment.

Speaking off cross-piloting the Getter, I recall there's a short manga of SRW R that revolves around the premise. Taking place after the game's final map (but before the actual epilogue sequence), before the characters part ways one (forgot who, sadly) expresses a desire to ride the Shin Getter. Then it kinda spreads to the point of turning into an actual competition of sorts of who gets to ride it. Naturally, in groups of three. I don't remember which trio won, unfortunately.

If only I could find it again. I suppose in the meantime... hmm... I wonder...

Hm?

https://mangadex.org/title/876a93c5-3895-49f2-b2ec-dcb9bf345ce3/super-robot-taisen-moe-riding-hood

Okay, that's both adorable and hysterical... XD

Purchased Ys I&II at the last minute. I don't intend to play it for a while though. I was considering other games, but I'll wait until the Xmas sale.

...Now if I somehow don't feel a serious blue screen hangover when I wake up from Surviving Mars being no-life poison to me that has me typing online past three in the morning, I intend to hopefully more onto something "substantial" again.

14 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

AJFLRGJ.jpg

One way to solve Climate Change

Ah, Environmental Misanthropy.⚰️🌳😄

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

jIlGFV1.jpg

...this looks like a Kirby final boss

-The background says Return to Dream Land's final battle to me though. Not anthropomorphic-spider-turned-queen wasp-turned-blossoming tree-fusion-that-loses-all-its-sanity.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It was fun time

Nice to read, given how much you posted of it.😄

9 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Final Fantasy 2, or 4 depending on how old you are. Thats a pretty long one too. I spent many a weekend gettin way too little sleep when that one came out here in the US

Fair, to each their own. I've found I personally am unable to enjoy JRPGs unless they do something different with the combat or the circumstances surrounding it. Typical (dare I go as far as to say, lazy) JRPGs where you just trade blows and the solution to being defeated is to grind more lose me very fast.

Final Fantasy... I've played 6, often called one of if not the best as far as I'm aware. I dropped off like an hour in because it was just so boring to me lol. Heck I played the commonly regarded best JRPG ever made, Chrono Trigger, and it was incredibly easy the whole way through until the final boss, against whom I only lost because I ran out of healing items to withstand its like, 10 phases. Then I couldn't be bothered to grind for more items and redo the entire Lavos fight, so I just quit at the end.

I was 10, to be fair, but... to be honest, I really doubt I'd get half as far into Chrono Trigger nowadays. I have less patience for games that bore me.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's still a thing because their enemies used their best traps. Sumeragi was expecting that and countered accordingly. Until a hero came forth, and performed the one maneuver Sumeragi could never expect.

Not even using his best trap.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Baldur's Gate 3 is GOTY" does Baldur's Gate 3 let you build and make a Godzilla movie? No? Didn't think so. Checkmate.

I know nothing about BG3 other than you can have sex with a red girl and people call it one of the best games ever made.

I know nothing about TotK other than it has Garry's Mod in it and it would ruin my "I've only beaten the CDi Zeldas" bragging rights, so I cannot play it.

...I might've voted for Alan Wake 2 to get GOTY. For the memes. I don't remember, and the website doesn't seem to have my votes saved because it's absolute garbage, so... who knows, maybe it didn't register my votes at all lol.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And the funny thing is, it's the Spanish Torta that gave us Tortilla.

Tortillas de maíz 1/2 KG – Natural Balance Club

Tortilla, also known as "that thing that has absolutely nothing to do with Spain's tortillas."

63fe555318358.jpeg

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Final Fantasy... I've played 6, often called one of if not the best as far as I'm aware. I dropped off like an hour in because it was just so boring to me lol

You should play FFVIII, then! Lol

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

By his track record, he'll also drop it the moment he reaches the title screen.

But i'm certain he would love the grinding that the Draw command ensues! Literally sitting there for 5 minutes in 1 battle just to draw spam! XD

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

You should play FFVIII, then! Lol

I can think of multiple things I'd rather do than play Final Fantasy games lol

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This looks like a arepa.

Not even close. There's no bread there. Tortilla de patata, my friend. Weird how language works that overseas the word means something completely different. Does Spanish omelette ring any bells, perhaps? Do you really not have this at all?

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

By his track record, he'll also drop it the moment he reaches the title screen.

Hey, c'mon, I'm sure I at least would make it past the title screen--

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

But i'm certain he would love the grinding that the Draw command ensues! Literally sitting there for 5 minutes in 1 battle just to draw spam! XD

Ok maybe hold that thought...