• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You'll be looking at it from the outside anyways given it'll be localized 2030 along with Ys 10.

I'm being reminded of how I think I saw a headline of how some people eager for GTAVI were asking themselves if they'll be alive by the time it releases. -Video games be triggering existential thoughts in an unexpected way thoughts that get into others' minds unfortunately in much easier ways.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Speaking about games to play

Next year is fucking stacked. Like really fucking stacked i need to clear my backlog before April

I can't think of much I'd be interested right now for 2024. -But my backlog needs a serious cleansing, particularly with how sloooooow I've played this year (and how much has been PC emulation).

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile for me it's.....just Unicorn. Aside from obligatory Inti Creates and obligatory Atelier, so far 2024 is super light for me.

We'll probably get Rune Factory: Project Dragon too. -Or at least Japan will, translation might throw a wrench in things for us.😑 RF6 is totally 2025 though.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

So do I, though I really didn't mind Reverie.  It was fun putting all those characters together for a nice brawl!

I really liked the idea of creating a dream team, sadly the Reverie corridor lacks different maps/selectable music for battle and running around which makes it get very repetitive after a while. And fighting the same bosses after a while also gets boring.

They also needed to add crafts to Estelle and Joshua so they werent left with only two. I mean, c'mon, thats not enjoyble to use at all. In Sky I understand, but at this point they have no reason to be so "cheap" with their animating.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Granblue ReLink

Mildly anticipated given it would allow me to enjoy Granblue stuff without having to gacha.

ReFantazio

I'll have to look more into it. Ngl tho, ReFantazio does not interest me at the moment. I know people lost their shit over it but it feels like someone just hit the "make Atlus game" button.

Still, at least it's better than Persona automatically.

Edit: I'm just giving my two cents! Not trying to dissuade you from the game.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We'll probably get Rune Factory: Project Dragon too. -Or at least Japan will

Haha.

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll have to look more into it. Ngl tho, ReFantazio does not interest me at the moment. I know people lost their shit over it but it feels like someone just hit the "make Atlus game" button.

From what I'm aware, Atlus announced Project Re: Fantasy quite a few years ago, yet as they said absolutely nothing during all that time, it was very much looking like this was going to be vaporware. I think the original intention was to make something new, something different. Yet Atlus returned from wandering in the wilderness choosing to play it safe, not sure why.

Imma gonna wait for the reviews. Of the handful here, I am the most open to and familiar with Atlus games after all (I even played through ye olde SMTI (GBA version) three times -albeit with iOS autosaves), I ought not to dislike it. I just want to ignore it until others have had their hand on the finished product.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha.

Silent Hope did get a near-simultaneous release this year. -Albeit I would imagine that had a lot less text than an RF will.

I'm just hoping it releases aboard this year, since I like the idea of not having burnt through all my 🥰 games. And I want to see two guys in traditional Japanese marriage attire side by side.😆 FE Heroes did opt for a Japanese spin on the June wedding attire banner once, Hinata's design was nice.

Curious how the bachelors are going to look too. Murakumo aside, IIRC, all the Japanese/East Asian characters in existing RF games have been women. While sammy boys abound elsewhere, for RF at least it'll be refreshing.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I do hope 2024 is another SRW year.

A-greed.

It has been a drought by the standards of the once-gloriously prolific franchise. Double feature of a mainline and 3rd OG being planned? Or are they trying to really polish the animations for the next mainline? Trying to innovate the classic gameplay more than usual? Did they initiate a complete siege encirclement of Square's HQ until they surrendered a license to XG?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A-greed.

It has been a drought by the standards of the once-gloriously prolific franchise. Double feature of a mainline and 3rd OG being planned? Or are they trying to really polish the animations for the next mainline? Trying to innovate the classic gameplay more than usual? Did they initiate a complete siege encirclement of Square's HQ until they surrendered a license to XG?

At this point it's clear 2022-2023 didn't saw a mainline game in either due to post-Pandemic recovery, and also Terada stepping down (DD trucking on is a much simpler affair in comparison). By this point I think things should be already back on track, I hope.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know all the Trails talk is making me think about a dude at the Eiyuden discord I talked with a bit. They have this for a profile bio:

"Offering a game of choice to anyone who can provide an explanation to ANY* part of the garbage that is Trails SC's story that isn't an assumption or "other stories do it (way better)"

Obviously I haven't dared get into that but hey, if any of you wanna try for a free game, you can find them in the Eiyuden discord pretty easy, they're very active.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They could've gone with a Brenner avi instead.😛

I agree.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was actually thinking of Shenmue III in regard to "million dollar Kickstarter games that turned out... eh" rather than the obvious Mighty No. 9. Something something anime fan on prom night.

Well, I didn't know Shenmue III was a thing until I did that search so I couldn't have thought about it lol

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Speaking about games to play

Next year is fucking stacked. Like really fucking stacked i need to clear my backlog before April

Meanwhile I've played one game from this year, two if you want to count Sifu coming out on Steam. And next year I have... Another game.

Yikes. Maybe I should find another hobby. Really get into drawing or something.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mildly anticipated given it would allow me to enjoy Granblue stuff without having to gach

Also looks like a solid action game

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

ll have to look more into it.

I mean, same

You know how much i despise everything Persona, so a game by the same creators is not something i will insta buy

But i am at the very least intrigued by everything i saw so far

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yikes. Maybe I should find another hobby

Or maybe branch out and try other games/genres 🤔

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or maybe branch out and try other games/genres 🤔

I mean, I already try out games of all genres as they pique my interest. If I didn't I'd never have played Prey, or Sifu, or F-Zero GX the year before. I'm just finding it tougher and tougher to find games that really pique my interest, for some reason. It's not like I need new games for that, there's the entire landscape of videogames to choose from, but I don't know. I'm just struggling right now.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

m just finding it tougher and tougher to find games that really pique my interest, for some reason.

F

Maybe you need a gaming break?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but I don't know. I'm just struggling right now.

I hope it's only gaming-wise^^

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Mildly anticipated given it would allow me to enjoy Granblue stuff without having to gacha.

I think people tend to make a way bigger deal of this than neccessary. And its not like DLC is any different, by any means.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

F

There used to be a time when I would juggle two or three games at once, but right now I can only muster one, maybe coupled with a comfort game like TF2 something or other for variety's sake.

Eh. We'll see. It's not been the best year of my life, anyway. That's probably the real problem lol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I hope it's only gaming-wise^^

Well, I imagine watching my grandfather's body fall apart since the scare in January until he passed away, going to funerals like every month, becoming unemployed once more, enrolling in a horribly boring waste of time of a course to try and do something with my time, learning my father has cancer and then discovering it may have left his prostate before they removed, or it may have not because the pieces of fucking filthy shit working at the local hospital are incompetent imbeciles, hasn't done much for my mental state.

It's been an absolutely godawful year, coming right after the happiest year of my life. Obviously it wasn't all bad, and it doesn't come even near the year it's been for, y'know, other people, but well, I'd kind of gotten used to living the best life. I can only hope next will be a bit better for all.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's been an absolutely godawful year, coming right after the happiest year of my life. Obviously it wasn't all bad, and it doesn't come even near the year it's been for, y'know, other people, but well, I'd kind of gotten used to living the best life. I can only hope next will be a bit better for all.

I'll be praying for things to improve for you! ❤️

So, random XC2 question: does anyone know how damage is calculated? Looking at the power settings for Blade Specials 

fa4ab027421548151cde937a6db903e3.png

And with that much power, their damage is strangely low. Level 4's, of course.

F

Could be. Absence kinda makes the heart grow fonder sometimes

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There used to be a time when I would juggle two or three games at once, but right now I can only muster one, maybe coupled with a comfort game like TF2 something or other for variety's sake.

I first discovered Fire Emblem because I had to take a break from the eternal grindfest that Lufia 3 was. Didnt expect to get hooked like I did. Went back to it to finish it before I tried Binding Blade

Hell, with the hours I work Im lucky if I got an hour to spare to play a game when I come home at night

Eh. We'll see. It's not been the best year of my life, anyway. That's probably the real problem lol

Well, I imagine watching my grandfather's body fall apart since the scare in January until he passed away, going to funerals like every month, becoming unemployed once more, enrolling in a horribly boring waste of time of a course to try and do something with my time, learning my father has cancer and then discovering it may have left his prostate before they removed, or it may have not because the pieces of fucking filthy shit working at the local hospital are incompetent imbeciles, hasn't done much for my mental state.

We got those here too, unfortunately 

Watched diabetes cut my ex wife’s brother down to nothing before it killed him over the over the course of 3 years. God forbid one of these so-called “nurses” actually put their phones down and do the job they’re paid for

Sorry to hear your dad’s going through that. Mine has to get checked for bladder polyps all the time now due to having bladder cancer once

Edited by Capt. Fargus

learning my father has cancer and then discovering it may have left his prostate before they removed, or it may have not because the pieces of fucking filthy shit working at the local hospital are incompetent imbeciles

Ouch

I really hope it's gone.

t's been an absolutely godawful year, coming right after the happiest year of my life

Sorry to hear that. May the next year be better for you!

do something with my time

Tip: try to do what you want, what you like...or discover something that fits that. You have free time. Use it.

28 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

does anyone know how damage is calculated?

Isn't Auto Atk the most important stat?

Other than that, dunno. XBC2 is super unclear with that stuff

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

And its not like DLC is any different, by any means.

DLC isn't gambling yet.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Isn't Auto Atk the most important stat?

Other than that, dunno. XBC2 is super unclear with that stuff

That's why i'm asking, i would like to learn how damage is calculated. I forgot to also factor in this for those calculations:

17247ae916fad785dfe15ffd40134c55.png

125% damage boost for max affinity.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

DLC isn't gambling yet.

No, but it usually isn't worth the price tag, either. XD

57 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I'll be praying for things to improve for you! ❤️

Sorry to hear that. May the next year be better for you!

Thanks. Here's hoping.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I first discovered Fire Emblem because I had to take a break from the eternal grindfest that Lufia 3 was. Didnt expect to get hooked like I did. Went back to it to finish it before I tried Binding Blade

Hell, with the hours I work Im lucky if I got an hour to spare to play a game when I come home at night

Adulthood do be like that sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

We got those here too, unfortunately 

Watched diabetes cut my ex wife’s brother down to nothing before it killed him over the over the course of 3 years. God forbid one of these so-called “nurses” actually put their phones down and do the job they’re paid for

Sorry to hear your dad’s going through that. Mine has to get checked for bladder polyps all the time now due to having bladder cancer once

Funny you should mention diabetes. The day before my father's prostate removal, we were shocked when a nurse just showed up claiming she had to take blood from him for a diabetes test. Apparently doc said he was diabetic.

My father is not diabetic. Already that was a pretty bad sign of things to come.

Tip: try to do what you want, what you like...or discover something that fits that. You have free time. Use it.

I'll try. I'd rather not find myself feeling I wasted my time later when I inevitably have to choose between working my days away for 36 years or dying of hunger under a bridge. At the same time, I don't think enjoying free time is something I can really "force", for lack of a better work.

Ah well. We'll see what goes down.