Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It shouldn't be.

But Fates can't even clear that low of a bar.

Why would they have a limit? You can make any amount of upgraded early tier weapon as you want, if I recall.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look at the absolute state of people of color in FE prior to Engage...

I mean there's Basilio and Flavia and uh.....Dandev and uh.....Juni-wait a minute.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, I hope you don't mind but I just sent this elsewhere where it's even more relevant lol

Memes are meant to be shared lol.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, my guess is that she'll be used as a bargaining chip to propose a ceasefire or just end the war, and Hyacinth will refuse to take her back. Thus also fulfilling the "he abandons her" aspect

I do wonder how they'll do the Ch.11 bit tho. Not The Escape necessarily but Ivy does join us when we're at our lowest. 

But it's also crucial that The Funny happens in Elusia unless they plan on having the crew sail to Solm directly from Brodia. But then we can't have Hortensia's moment either where she thinks Ivy is dead.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Our understanding of human health progressed so rapidly in the 1800s and early 1900s.

As well as everything else. Hard to believe only 200 years ago we were still in wagons and steam ships.

Time for Chapter 8, which opens up with Captain Okita at the doctor's office. Seems he has... something, but as it's typical in these kind of situations, he vows to not succumb until the job is done. Eslewhere... more Gundam talk, pft. Ahahahaha, did the translation really went for "Gundam weeaboo" as a phrase? XD Also, interestingly, since the Yamato world doesn't have what would be traditionally called Super Robots, it's the Gundams who instead are called Super Robots.

Okay, since this will become relevant eventually, I'll go ahead with this.

The three worlds eventually get official designations in order to tell them apart. Usually by their calendars.

The world with Yamato and Crossbone Gundam is the New Correct Century. The Universal Century calendar used to exist, but after the Axis Shock, they switched to NCC.

The world Ryoma and Tetsuya come from is... the Universal Century. Yeah, I'll go ahead and reveal this. It's still a separate world. Just one where the Universal Century exists in both.

Finally, the third world is the Anno Domini. Likely since it's where Gundam 00 got placed at, and they kept the Anno Domini calendar instead of switching, unlike other Gundam shows.

In any case, after the incident with the Zaltzian, the Yamato will need to do a longer jump to shake them off... and naturally, something goes wrong. Mainly, they're still in the warp corridor, somehow. And as they try to figure what's going on, there's a report of a woman coming out of the navigation room...

The ship finally comes out of warp... and into a dimensional rift. With lots of debris of previous visitors. Just then a Gamillans ship also warps in. They're willing to talk, even sending a messenger over. This being the first time they're seeing a Gamillas face to face, the group is shocked to see they look humanoid. Though this does make tensions flare up between the heroes. In any case, it seems using the Wave Motion Gun could open up a rift to get out of this space. The Gamillans propose the Yamato uses it, and they can tow the ship out. Ultimately, the captain is willing to trust them... and indeed, it seems it's the Zaltzian half of the crew who is more willing to cooperate than the Gamillas side. Though only until they're both out of the rift. And the plan begins...

Yeah, they really mean it about the WMG only being used sporadically. So far it's only been used as part of the story, and only once against actual military targets. Anyway, as the ships are making their way out... unknown mechs show up. Then, to make matters worse, the Gamillas took over the ship from the Zaltzian and got out of dodge. Thus the stage begins...

Hmm, the Yamato can't move or even fight back. Battleships must always survive, but this is the first time it's a proper defend mission. The enemies may try to beeline... speaking of, I think these are the first OG mechs to fight against.

5bA81Dc.jpg

ummmmmmmm

Ok, i hope that doesn't mean Ivy's replacement will have Lyn or smth, because that will be one hell of a zone out in the next map

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Oh, hadn't noticed until now, but I've sort-of entered a route split. This one depends on who is the main character. A few turns in, the Gamillas messenger, Melda, who pretty much got left behind, offers to join in and help, also a bit puzzled as to why her ship left. Despite the mistrust placed on her by almost everyone, the Captain obliges.

Okay, first opportunity for secret unlocks! A special scenario and... be able to recruit Melda herself. Yeah, she's only momentarily playable in this stage. She will join permanently eventually, so the secret involving her is more like, being able to join much earlier. In any case, both secrets require the same step here, which is Melda defeating an enemy. Simple. Though Support Attacking doesn't count, apparently.

Once they've been routed, the group prepares to now be the ones to tow the Yamato out... but then more enemies show up. But so does the Gamillas ship, destroying them. Seems the Zaltzian took control back. They don't expect forgiveness for their (admittedly unwitting) betrayal, but still intend to tow the ship, as promised.

Back in normal space... a Gamillas fleet warps in. Called by the Gamillas crew of the ship. The Rear-Admiral is already in hot water from the earlier blunders, so they even fire against their own ship so long they hit the Yamato, destroying it. I guess... for the actual Gamillans it was karma? Still sucks for the Zaltzian. And then they also deploy Jupiter Empire mooks on top of it. The Yamato has no choice to flee... only for even more of those unknown mechs to appear! Just when all hope seems lost... spacetime starts to distort. A dimensional quake, creating yet another rift... which engulfs EVERYONE.

And the stage ends.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

A little belated -but it might've only been posted earlier today? I think I forgot to check yesterday, but otherwise I had been constantly looking.:

vanillaware-new-year-2024-art-v0-g7ftnma

Their New Year's art.

Not sure what "Vanillaware 15" means. As for "Next Earth", well that MMORPG they worked on under Square before getting kicked out from it was called "Fantasy Earth".

Others are saying this looks like Dragon's Crown, but it ain't the same, so, sequel? Kamitani IIRC hasn't been working on Unicorn Overlord, so is this a hint of their next game? Or is this a noncommittal art doodle made to resemble a game?

The social media post that this accompanied gave no details. It did say Vanillaware is moving into new offices, though it didn't say where. Currently they're based in Osaka, which is befitting, since it seems the city is the culinary capital of Japan.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, hold on. AI enemies with actual dialogue? What a concept!

AI baddies are always the least fun to fight in SRW. As sometimes you get some nice dialogue out of the cannon fodder humans.

I wonder. Maybe I should make one of my 2024 writing goals to make the Director's Cut of Cavern of the Fae. Even for all I wrote, there was a lot of unused ideas I would like to actually use. Many are too specific to be used elsewhere, I feel. Would be just for fun for the most part...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

AI baddies are always the least fun to fight in SRW. As sometimes you get some nice dialogue out of the cannon fodder humans.

Heh, that's true.

For some reason this video popped up in my YouTube recommendations. I don’t know why, but for some reason this character really resonates with me.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

vanillaware-new-year-2024-art-v0-g7ftnma

There is something incredibly badass about the giants with ships on their heads.

584hLbz.jpg

Always remember to check what your Geiger counter does! Not that Olimar knows what half of his ship parts do, now that I think about it.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:46 PM, Armagon said:

I am once again approaching Ryza 3's endgame. Haha what if i reset agai-no! Damn it, i have to finish this game. But i don't wanna. Why must games have an ending?

Armagon traveling through time to start Ryza 3 over yet again:

jojo-kira.gif

(except this isn't real and the game is actually over, probably)

kfOVq3e.jpg

We assuming now? 😛

Ww4Sqei.jpg

FE Xmas cavs getting alot of fame i see

WGqoKqT.jpg

oh so they did try it?

6TDHZ3P.jpg

Something something insanity

TUn8tT8.jpg

If the internet is anything to go by: Yes

...can androids **** anyway?

Anyway, finally that dull route is done.

bGQQVCx.jpg

Mankind destroying itself, lady

tblA8kF.jpg

....3rd route starting strong i see

Decided to look at the SF article page back when Heroes was announced. Not even the game itself, just that "Fire Emblem is headed to mobile"

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-07_204511_serenes

This screenshot really sums up that era. The unironic use of "waifus". The total exaggeration of bonding mechanics. The unironic use of "Seisen no Keifu" by someone who is most likely not Japanese when the official name's been out for a few years by that point.

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-07_204653_serenes

Where are they now?

46 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Armagon traveling through time to start Ryza 3 over yet again:

jojo-kira.gif

(except this isn't real and the game is actually over, probably)

Me as i'm approaching the end of an Atelier game

giphy.gif

I keep forgetting those articles do have a comments section. Sometimes I feel like "should probably also post on those", and then I never do...

2 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Took a break from Blood Omen and thought I’d give this Triangle Strategy a try. 

I’m liking it so far.  

Having just played it about 6 times in a row (all on hard difficulty) I can safely say that the game can really stand on its own two feet! Difficulty can be surprising for newer players at times, but nothing too unmanageable.

eTWEEJJ.jpg

the Game of Thrones of GV?

hkucCSz.jpg

How many times has it been now?

This is like the dark cults in FE - Order in GV

M2t07ey.jpg

Thunder > Ice & Fire confirmed?

"迸れ、蒼き雷霆(アームドブルー)よ" even in the 3rd, game still hypes me up

KevYE5A.jpg

Oh no

Fog map

lSBG7Fo.jpg
UD5r2L5.jpg

Sir, this is a warzone

kXxrICL.jpg

Kirin, i think they might've enjoyed that

43qtnwz.jpg

GV, you do the stepping

i0FfRaT.jpg

BB, i don't think it's the kind of stepping you want?

8iPhi47.jpg

This boss fights kinda reminda me of GV2 final one - in reverse

G98PjPw.jpg

...them?

GV1/2 ones?

LXPbTUU.jpg

Your Ult vs. mine, lessgo

GRIklUP.jpg

Copyright police, hello?

8FW0rt2.jpg

...inb4 Joule

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Where are they now?

r/fireemblem and daily engage hate, maybe

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

BB, i don't think it's the kind of stepping you want?

BB's just down bad.