Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

they know where the money is at.

Three cute girls and thenĀ THE MAGIC IS EVERYTHING

Though Reinhardt being a Rearmed Hero means he gets banished into the void once the banner's done.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Will this become a trend with remakes. Granted, we only have Michalis so far, but...

Hmmm. Theorizing for a bit

• FE4: Ishtar
  • FE5: Magic Man
  • FE6.....I'm not too sure actually. None of it's villains are really truly popular and i don't just mean the final bosses. Maybe they'll let you recruit Guinevere instead.
  • FE7: Not a villain but i can see a secret condition where you can save Leila. This fucks up the Matthew/Jaffar Support tho unless they write an alt one.
  • FE8: Selena
  • FE9: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • FE10: I really don't know

I ain't listing anyone past that.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

FE4: Ishtar

FE5: Magic Man

I can also totally see this.

Heck, why stop there. Genealogy remake will have surprise Reinhardt appearance so he and Ishtar can hook up with Julius dead...

Just now, Armagon said:
  • FE6.....I'm not too sure actually. None of it's villains are really truly popular and i don't just mean the final bosses. Maybe they'll let you recruit Guinevere instead.7

Galle was originally planned to be recruitable. This one is the one that would make the most sense to change. It was the original plan, so might as well.

Just now, Armagon said:
  • FE7: Not a villain but i can see a secret condition where you can save Leila. This fucks up the Matthew/Jaffar Support tho unless they write an alt one.

Batta/Glass/Denning/*insert other meme boss here* coming in clutch.

Just now, Armagon said:
  • FE8: Selena

Would be a neat idea if we add Glen and make it a route exclusive thing. So you can only save one.

Just now, Armagon said:
  • FE9: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Watch Petrine suddenly be more sympathetic...

Or Oliver. True beauty never dies, after all.

Just now, Armagon said:
  • FE10: I really don't know

Definitely Burger King, because he can have it his way!

Oh Reinhart has more alts in Heroes than Leif....

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Galle

True!

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would be a neat idea if we add Glen and make it a route exclusive thing. So you can only save one.

A true Samson/Arran split.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Definitely Burger King, because he can have it his way!

*But only after three playthroughs.

Just now, Armagon said:

*But only after three playthroughs.

Man, why even stop there?

2nd Playthrough, now you can save Pelleas!

3rd Playthrough, now you can save Levail!

4th Playthrough, now you can save Zelgius!

5th Playthrough, now you can save Deghinsea!

6th Playthrough, now you can save Sephiran!

7th Playthrough...

A67L9A6.jpg

hmmm

Lo2C98I.jpg

Am i gonna get Voltaic chained soon?

BYFC9bA.jpg

Oh hi therea, fancy meeting after a century, give or take

1rO2FzC.jpg

I agree, drillman

FVRBZCJ.jpg

Well, Joule's gone and became the sister of Cope...who disappeared on her

GV2 ending keeps on giving i see

RYo936w.jpg

Lumen Outdated

Quinn Overrated

Kirin activated

JRrby8b.jpg

Oh no

Oh nononononono

Jd6atq2.jpg

This is

without a doubt

the worst line in the whole series

mZzWuSS.jpg

That's better

CsgT1D9.jpg

AMDU BLUE!

cKQItAJ.jpg

Ofc my first Anthem happens from falling off a pit. Ofc.

Freaking sands

and that's my 8k Kudos down the drains ;_;

picbt4H.jpg

Nah, our job

140LDx0.jpg

bye

b2cJ4q1.jpg

Hi

3OsMr4c.jpg

GV did nothing wrong

fQ3pMjn.jpg

El Classico

bJ2vk6x.jpg

Is she horny or hungry for power

or both?

Sm1TMgO.jpg

Fr

MvmEgsM.jpg

Time to pull out the ultimate weapon

cddhnhp.jpg

Hidden Technique - Bonk!

FVhTlJS.jpg

*GV2 flashbacks*

15KjWiL.jpg

KNEW IT

0WxBLT8.jpg

Moebius...Z....

Are we sure they weren't in Cahoots with Monolith?

xjolrnU.jpg

Ok, Gilgamesh

ey60tTD.jpg

How well did that work out?

q7TWa2G.jpg

And he would again!

AItNHEV.jpg

You did nothing wrong, GV

Cs5sxUJ.jpg

He honestly got the drip

dcd5DS3.jpg

Let's finish dis

eCvBj3E.jpg

Why do the writers love Sumeragi so much

and hate GV so much ;_;

WcHpYvD.jpg

Salvager's Code #6

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  • FE4: Ishtar
  • FE5: Magic Man

doubt honestly

Ishtar becoming playable would requite alot of changes....

Then again, FE4 story does require alot of changes to be good in gen 2

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jd6atq2.jpg

This is

without a doubt

the worst line in the whole series

mZzWuSS.jpg

That's better

They should've gone in on this more. Gunvolt back then just shot the bad guys in the head and was done with it. Here, he and his allies actually try to find a peaceful solution.

BTW this level has a third secret rematch. Hidden by jumping into a pit after the second double fight (it's not a leap of faith, you'll know you got the right pit).Ā Ā 

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Moebius...Z....

Are we sure they weren't in Cahoots with Monolith?

Game released a day apart too.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

AItNHEV.jpg

You did nothing wrong, GV

He didn't but he's not wrong either. His actions in GV1 were directly responsible for Eden's attacks in GV2. It's mentioned that Japan was basically less defenseless because all of Sumeragi's heavy hitters were killed. He couldn't have known that but with how much damage Eden caused in GV2 (frozen city, wrecked highways), I can see where he's coming from.

Again, game should've gone in on this more but i understand the runtime.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Gunvolt back then just shot the bad guys in the head and was done with it.

Sometimes

nothing is wrong with that...depending on context

and in the context of GV1, he did nothing wrong

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

BTW this level has a third secret rematch. Hidden by jumping into a pit after the second double fight (it's not a leap of faith, you'll know you got the right pit)

I need to remember this for tomorrow

. It's mentioned that Japan was basically less defenseless because all of Sumeragi's heavy hitters were killed.

They brought it upon themselves

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

gain, game should've gone in on this more

maybe

and maybe also say what else he could've done

Sumeragi was not interested in Peace at all - and they were an awful lot

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They brought it upon themselves

They did, i'm just saying i can see how GV would second guess himself given all that's happened to him and those around him.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sumeragi was not interested in Peace at all - and they were an awful lot

Yeah. Though i still think the game does show some points that Sumeragi has generally changed. We don't know how long that timeskip was.

i'm just saying i can see how GV would second guess himself given all that's happened to him and those around him.

I have less problems with that and more with Kirin's "bastard line"

Without what he did Kirin probably wouldn't exist

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though i still think the game does show some points that Sumeragi has generally changed.

and then there's Moebius

Yeah, looking back, it's clear what I was doing wrong back then was that I was switching Jobs too often. So, not enough time to give them enough Job Levels. Now that I am actually sticking to a party, for the most part, it really is making a difference.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

have less problems with that and more with Kirin's "bastard line"

Yeah that was aĀ šŸ¤ØĀ 

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and then there's Moebius

Tbf i did say generally. But it doesn't look like they were doing anything to Moebius either. Just locked it away somewhere because they didn't know what the hell they were dealing with.

WIMofrJ.jpg

I didn't let them use it last time

wew

cDTAsGE.jpg

Honestly, that was a cool ult

a2SVUhs.jpg

DRtCcHX.jpg
dn0NC9V.jpg

LOL

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that was aĀ šŸ¤Ø

honestly

i think that line is responsible for 60% of the pushback against the story ngl

That, and the game's tendencies to whitewash Sumeragi

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But it doesn't look like they were doing anything to Moebius either. Just locked it away somewhere because they didn't know what the hell they were dealing with.

I wouldn't trust them, not after what they pulled before

Ā 

Maybe that's the problem many have - suddenly having to believe Sumeragi is ok (even if aloooot of time passed), even tho they are still super sus, and then the game also decides to put salt in the wounds by pulling the "Maybe GV was wrong?" bs. A bit too much for a short game...

Not like it will change my opinion on the game much because gameplay here is kino, much better than the other titles - and at the end, that's what matters - not to mention i think most of the problems started with GV2 to begin with

Ā 

I hope this game has a boss mode or smth because i wanna fight the bosses with Kudos/score stress xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

not to mention i think most of the problems started with GV2 to begin with

Honestly I agree. GV2 plot itself was good imo, however, I think the way the route splits were treated made them write themselves into a corner.

(Also side note, there's two alternative final bosses, but I'll wait for you to beat the game first because accessing these is a bit slightly complicated).

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

hope this game has a boss mode or smth because i wanna fight the bosses with Kudos/score stress xD

There is.

Actually the game as a whole has quite the "post game" content. Well relative to the series anyway.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

however, I think the way the route splits were treated made them write themselves into a corner.

That, and how they treated both GV & Joule in that game

Especially Joule, the game was extra mean to her

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also side note, there's two alternative final bosses, but I'll wait for you to beat the game first because accessing these is a bit slightly complicated

Oho

I also heard about a joke ending

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is.

Actually the game as a whole has quite the "post game" content. Well relative to the series anyway.

Nice~

Okay, defeated Gutsco and now it's time for The Molten Cave... but that will be for next time.

Sheesh, just about everything can hit hard, despite using the best armor I can afford. Enemies aren't that bad when I too can two-shot them on average and can only come up to three at a time... but the bosses, man, the bosses...

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seeking out the 108 stars of destiny I see. It is a good enough suggestion, as the series tends to blend genres a little, with almost base building feel to some of the recruitments, and sections with tactic game mechanics to them. Although my main knowledge of the series is from Suikoden 2.

I probably will just skip right to Suiko 2, honestly. 1's... not being fun.

I have seen the first described similarly enough to the description below the second image by enough capital G gamers, that I don't think it is that sharp of difference.

And that's the kindest comments you'd find. Usually they resort to transphobia. Rather disturbing levels of transphobia. Especially considering I'm pretty sure Abby isn't even trans, she's just a muscular woman - because she needs to be, as she lives in the apocalypse? For all these jolly folls clamor about people making up queer characters where there are none, they sure do love fanficing a character into transness just so they can hate her more.

A surprisingly fitting problem to have considering the previous discussion about localization. Too many old translations like that were satisfied with mere direct translations, unwilling to make the changes needed to spice up the script, or successfully capture the feel of comedy. Don't get me wrong, some put in the effort.

I even spotted a few places in those 3 hours I played where the text straight up didn't even make any sense. Sequences ending abruptly, characters randomly referring to themselves in third person, characters saying wild shit and nobody acknowledging it, analogies and expressions that likely made sense originally but weren't adapted to English....

It's so bad. This is a story that tries to go for a serious and dark vibe, with occasional comic relief moments, and fails completely at both because the writing has about as much personality as Seth. Might work if I was 8, like all the people who have nostalgia for these kinds of games, but well, I'm not 8.

...I do have to wonder what makes Vandal Hearts 2 different. It has many of the same translation problems (though I would say it's slightly better). And yet the story of that one stands, its more grounded, bleak tone, lower amount of text and lower reliance on tried-and-true tropes carrying it through the dry text - or perhaps suiting it better? And when it tries to be humorous VH2's translated script gets so goofy it becomes oddly endearing.

4FEx0tUY_o.png

I mean, it may not be the way it perhaps intended but it definitely got me laughing with this. A better script wouldn't be this blunt and graceless about a joke like this.

I suppose, at the end of the day, it depends on the game. I can say with confidence, though, Suiko 1 has not stood the test of time very well. Might have to try Suiko 2, with tempered expectations, and see how that one goes.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Thracia fans get to eat once for the whole year.

And it's Reinhardt again. Of course.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, why even stop there?

2nd Playthrough, now you can save Pelleas!

3rd Playthrough, now you can save Levail!

4th Playthrough, now you can save Zelgius!

5th Playthrough, now you can save Deghinsea!

6th Playthrough, now you can save Sephiran!

7th Playthrough...

Hitler--

Nah, let's save Heddwyn. Heddwyn is cool. He has three chins!

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe that's the problem many have - suddenly having to believe Sumeragi is ok (even if aloooot of time passed), even tho they are still super sus

I'm disappointed in you, Shrimpy. That wasn't even Garon's best trap.

That's right. Sumeragi is Garon in disguise.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sumeragi is Garon in disguise

Considering what happened to Elise, it tracks?

SuB30qV.jpgšŸ˜›

-------

Working with less than 2h of sleep sucks. Fml...just a couple more hours....

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Those sound like hellish conditions. XD

I'll pray for improved heath and working conditions for you!

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I'd prescribe some aural help, but I'm not sure whether you'd be wanting an energy boost or something soothing. -Although I can totally imagine you wanting no good noise (b/c ATM it'd all be bad noise) of any kind shoving its way into your ears right now. So, I'll just offer sympathies.šŸ™‚

Ā 

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sheesh, just about everything can hit hard, despite using the best armor I can afford. Enemies aren't that bad when I too can two-shot them on average and can only come up to three at a time... but the bosses, man, the bosses...

FFIII gets tough yeah. In a way that it doesn't feel like it should be, but is just b/c it is ultimately an antiquated game remade. Although maybe it has something to do with the in-battle enemy count being more limited I think than was possible on the Famicom?

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Those sound like hellish conditions. XD

It's just impossible for me to sleep at night

So i end staying awake until ~5 (today it was 7, actually) while i start working at 9 (or before)

That's like everyday for me, and the world is not kind to night owls

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

ll pray for improved heath and working conditions for you!

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, I'll just offer sympathies.šŸ™‚

Thankies šŸ™‚

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's just impossible for me to sleep at night

So i end staying awake until ~5 while i start working at 9 (or before)

That's like everyday for me, and the world is not kind to night owls

I understand how this feels. Hell, I have that condition where ringing ears NEVER stops, every hour and minute of the day my right ear is ringing. It can be really terrible when trying to sleep at times. XD

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

have that condition where ringing ears NEVER stops, every hour and minute of the day my right ear is ringing.

Tinnitus?

Ouch. My sympathies