Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

IMG_20240112_211855.jpg?ex=65b46835&is=6

My take is that if the script is good it enough, the feeling will transcend the words because "Xenoblade 3 localization discourse" was not on my bingo tonight.

Had to leave a comment myself too cause she said that you can't properly experience the game if you didn't play it in Japanese. I played it in English and it's my favorite game of all time so I think unless it's some 4Kids-level of localization, I don't think it truly matters that much in which language you got it in.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unfortunately, Queen Zenobia was the city's downfall. Her decision to rebel in 270 AD and declare herself Empress of the Palmyrene Empire two years later assured her a place in history, yet it brought an end to her capital's. Rome was still in the midst of the prolonged imperial succession issues known as the Crisis of the Third Century, which perhaps emboldened Zenobia, as did her late husband's military victory over the Sassanian Empire to the east. Yet Rome wasn't dead yet, it crushed Zenobia's revolt, and in the process destroyed Palmyra

And then she reincarnated in the Fate verse.

27 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J149.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J150.png

Rushing to the other end of the map is always my favorite part of any grand strategy game

FE4 fans be like "yo the gameplay is fire"

The gameplay:

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-04_131258_www.goo

Yes I've made this joke already.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

CDN media

Look at that, immortalized in a museum.

JoJo 🤝 Fire Emblem

Museum

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

My take is that if the script is good it enough, the feeling will transcend the words because "Xenoblade 3 localization discourse" was not on my bingo tonight.

Had to leave a comment myself too cause she said that you can't properly experience the game if you didn't play it in Japanese. I played it in English and it's my favorite game of all time so I think unless it's some 4Kids-level of localization, I don't think it truly matters that much in which language you got it in.

Well, you know what they say. You can't appreciate Shakespeare unless you read it in the original Klingon.

Just now, Armagon said:

And then she reincarnated in the Fate verse.

Technically, it's the other way around. Rhajat implies she will reincarnate into Tharja. The Before Awakening DLC also stablishes Fates happens first, as Chrom knows of Nohr and Hoshido as ancient legends.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Technically, it's the other way around. Rhajat implies she will reincarnate into Tharja. The Before Awakening DLC also stablishes Fates happens first, as Chrom knows of Nohr and Hoshido as ancient legends.

Assuming I'm not missing a joke, I was referring to Fate/Grand Order

ArcherZenobiaStage1.jpg?ex=65b46af9&is=6

If you aren't in Fate, were you ever truly a historical figure?

Oh, lol, missed what you were actually quoting. XD

I think I got it mixed up with what I was reading in another tab, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ya know

Many keep saying

Spoiler

Arvis

Is a good antagonist...but he is a damn tool.

Like, he got fooled by the guys who were stupid enough to keep their strongest enemy alive while she was completely under their control lmao

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

as Chrom knows of Nohr and Hoshido as ancient legends.

Wasn't it some outrealm shenanigans?

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like, he got fooled by the guys who were stupid enough to keep their strongest enemy alive while she was completely under their control lmao

I mean, maybe Manfroy was finally going senile...

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wasn't it some outrealm shenanigans?

Hard to say. It is canon much of what he knows likely comes from the Outrelams, but that doesn't change the fact it could still come from the past.

Huh, it comes to my attention... there's no Aerora. Aero just jumped straight to Aeroga.

Alright, now the Nautilus can dive underwater... how curious surface sea travel effectively ceases to exist. Enterprise was the only vessel that could sail the ocean surface.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but he is a damn tool.

I do think he's good but the problem is the cult lmao.

Spoiler

"Why yes, siding with the guys constantly accused of the most heinous crimes will bring peace and prosperity to the world". If they had just been some shady people it would've been alright.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do think he's good but the problem is the cult lmao

It always is, it always is

Spoiler

"Why yes, siding with the guys constantly accused of the most heinous crimes will bring peace and prosperity to the world". If they had just been some shady people it would've been alright.

Something something Edelgard

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Something something Edelgard

Edelgard at least always planned on taking them out later.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yes, somehow.

That never made sense, but then again

Cult lol

Thales seeing Edelgard Raging Storm in his direction

"Atlus and Vanillaware have unveiled a new trailer for their upcoming tactical JRPG Unicorn Overlord, detailing the real-life card game included with the title’s Collector’s Edition. This card game contains 239 cards, with four Might markers, four Choice markers, and one player marker. Playtime is expected to be between 30 and 120 minutes, with a required number of two to four players."

*Checks price* ...$130 USD.

Why the card game Vanillaware?😐

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

20240113000206_1.jpg?ex=65b43a1c&is=65a1

This is a weapon in Rogue Legacy 2.

Amazing.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I know you have Pikmin experience but I don't recall if you played or finished the first game.

I know I made it to the third area. I know attempted to fight the Puffstool(?) and perhaps the Beady Long Legs. Whether I won against either is uncertain.

Child me was too slow a player and nervous with the time limits. The literal bugginess of Pikmin more than anything is what probably stands in the way now.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Do the Black Fang and those who slither count as cults if they don't worship anything? Or maybe "cult" is just a shorthand for "mysterious villain organization" in FE terms.

"Cult" for FE can mean any of the following, I think.:

• Fanatical worship of an antagonistic deity or wannabe deity. (Loptyr Cult, Gerxel Cult, Lyon, arguably the Disciples of Order.)
  • Master manipulators of geopolitics. (Loptyr Cult, Nergal, Mole People, Lyon, arguably Sephiran.)
  • A group comprised primarily of evil mages. (Gharnef)

And so far, they've all been led by a sorcerer of some kind.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Rushing to the other end of the map is always my favorite part of any grand strategy game

One of those arguments for ye olde Stacks of Doom. -Which could work without being stupid, if the stacks had a ceiling on how big they can be.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

It is with remarkable coincidence that I find this post right after rewatching this video. Which happens to mention this exact event.

Thanks for the vid, as tragic and bleak as it is to hear.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

CDN media

Look at that, immortalized in a museum.

I know it's faaaaake, but honestly, TCG card art is a treasure. Such sweet nuggets of creativity. I wouldn't mind seeing them in museums. Or a few dozen cards' images printed on poster paper as a nice bit of bedroom wall decor. Or, for wearable fashion, a shirt, ideally long-sleeved, with a great many cards serving as its print design.

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, you know what they say. You can't appreciate Shakespeare unless you read it in the original Klingon.

And can you really appreciate Shakespeare if you don't live in the late 1500s/early 1600s England for the social context?

...I was going to go absurd and end things with "nobody can really understand each other, therefore if any understanding exists, it's because solipsism is real and there is only one person in existence". -But I suddenly lost the vigor for that nonsense. I'd rather discuss how the foundations of Western civilization are so shaky because so few speak the Greek and Latin upon which it was founded.

The point being, the best the storyteller can hope for, is that somebody likes their story, even if it's diluted (hopefully not too much) due to the transference to a different language/culture/time. And we the readers/listeners/watchers/players, can at best hope we're understanding something of how the storytellers from wherever and whenever, thought and felt.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It always is, it always is

If you want an SRPG where the cult exists with importance, but doesn't ruin the story IMO, try Devil Survivor. Don't take this seriously.

iwxanwle59bc1.jpg?width=2706&format=pjpg

Always liked seeing this get updated over the years.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Atlus and Vanillaware have unveiled a new trailer for their upcoming tactical JRPG Unicorn Overlord, detailing the real-life card game included with the title’s Collector’s Edition. This card game contains 239 cards, with four Might markers, four Choice markers, and one player marker. Playtime is expected to be between 30 and 120 minutes, with a required number of two to four players."

*Checks price* ...$130 USD.

Why the card game Vanillaware?😐

For a second, i thought it meant that the video game itself lasted from 30 minutes to 120 minutes and i was gonna be like "damn this is the shortest SRPG ever".

81bA723R2eL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

It includes all of this though so i think it's a fair price. Given i've somehow come across special editions of Vanillaware games (Dragon's Crown and GrimGrimiore) i'm kinda tempted to nab this myself.

It includes all of this though so i think it's a fair price. Given i've somehow come across special editions of Vanillaware games (Dragon's Crown and GrimGrimiore) i'm kinda tempted to nab this myself.

Even if it's plain by Vanillaware standards, I would looooooove to have that art book. Pleeeease include a free ingame digital copy like with Odin Sphere and basically GG OnceMore.🥺

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What is it with jp limited edition and CDs lol. We are in 2024 who still uses CDs

The target demographic is collectors, collectors will have physicals of everything. 

You can find vinyls at Walmart.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The target demographic is collectors, collectors will have physicals of everything. 

doesn't USB count 😭

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Didn't you say last year your country still uses fax?😏

And i hate it lol