Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Because in any alternate history that tries to keep the Americas completely independent from outside control in a way that is realistic we would have to shift American history so far back it would require sources and histories that we don't have because they were destroyed during the conquests.

The moment livestock animals left the Americas via the Bering Ice Bridge, native Americans were just kinda doomed eventually. Horses, pigs, cows, etc, all of this gave Europeans a massive headstart. Meanwhile the Americas just had....llamas. And only in specific parts of South America.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That being said, going back to the other video about Cortes, I do wonder if any interest in conquering the new world would actually occur in Europe had he failed to do so. History doesn't work by EU4 rules and if Cortes left the Americas with guns, cannons, and other things to reverse engineer, the desire to conquer them might've long left the powers of Europe, for much the same reason those powers weren't looking to conquer fragmented Japan, India, and all of Africa. Organizing a sufficient army and sending them across a several month journey by caravel would've been far too expensive and too unreliable to be considered worth it.

Outside of "New Spain", what's interesting about European colonization of the Americas is that Europe only cared about the coasts and the islands. France had a huge chunk of the American midwest but didn't actually care enough to really look after it past Louisiana. Spanish influence in North America didn't really go too far past what would become the Mexican border. It wasn't until America claimed independence that the ball began rolling. And not just America but other newly formed countries in the continents.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now let's go!😄🤖

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-07-42.png

First things first, picking out the Banpresto Original things. I was thinking about this for the past day or two.

Finally, huh. Heh.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-03.png

Chaos is a rainbow, that's a choice of words I haven't heard before. But if chaos is diversity, then let it stand!🏳️‍🌈

Hey, it's not like said which colors. Maybe it's brown, pink, gray, etc.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-14.png

Or X.E.N.O.N. in the Xbox retitled-XO port.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-31.png

These silly shadows do nothing to hide what you look like.😛

It comes to my attention a few SRW's like to begin with shadowy figures talking. Well, maybe not that many, but certainly noticeable enough.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-11-56.png

UC79, as early as it gets.😃

And just about the only SRW to use the One Year War itself. Classicverse did its own thing by making the Zabi Family take over DC after Bian's death, and Alpha 1 creatively had the OYW end in a cease-fire, and so the Zabi Family were still around for the Titans and Haman.

A two-pilot unit. IIRC from looking at Moon Dwellers on Akurasu, Fairey got replaced by the other OG protagonist (doing what they did with R and making the leads into twins) as the sub-pilot and the two GC Originals got combined? I wonder what happened to Miss Fairey then.

Huh, really? That's curious.

As for the other two units...

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-27-01.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-29-11.png

The Earth Defense Force is entrusting the protection of Japan to elementary school children.

You'd be surprise how often it happens. XD

In fact, I seem to recall one series had an entire class of gradeschoolers piloting the mecha. In fact, I think the mecha was the school itself, or part of it, or connected. They didn't had to leave the building to get inside, at the very least.

Though I suppose the Earth Federation has to, if they're so short-staffed. I mean, with it being UC 79, how many mass-producible mobile suits do they even have? Or pilots trained to use them? And since when have fighter jets and tanks ever been effective against fantasy giant robots?

Don't worry, once the Big Zam gets mass produced...

Oh yes, the robots.:

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-28-32.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-11-28-54.png

Trider G7, the last of the loose super robot anime trio formed with Daitarn and Zambot. Now I get to meet you. I can see the resemblance to its spiritual brethren. Looks pretty good from the get-go.

You're in for a treat, since GC/XO is like the only time SRW uses Trider G7's story. Just about every other appearance they're just there, or it's post-script.

Also, shame this one likely doesn't have the combination attack with the Shuttle. XD

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-23-27.png

My intro to Neo Getter vs. Shin Get, hm. Hayato has his "Tell your children to run away from this man if they see him!" appearance like Armageddon/SRW30. So it begins (at least in GC's case) as a new generation of Go-Getters replacing the defeated. My eyes and heart to open to how this will go, and eventually turn either into a rivalry, or maybe Ryoma shows up berserked in a Getter.

Ah, yes, just about the only other time Neo vs Shin appears. The other being R.

Hahaha, Hayato was already like that in his youth... in the manga at least, where he was the leader of a gang... or was it actual Yakuza? Certainly gang leader, at least.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-41-49.png

Something something American gun rights and world police-ism. 

The cooler Texas Mack for sure.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-12-42-03.png

All three weapons cost ammo, and the weakest has only 10 rounds. He's got attack issues.

I do like the NGRv.SGR Texas Mack redesign, and that for its pilots too.

But comes with TOO MUCH HIGH POWER. 

SRW is good.😊

Ain't it always? XD

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey I'm just saying, only three countries with largely straight borders? Ugly, Alaska looks terrible as a US state, the straight line between Canada and the US is uncomfortably artificial. Either the US annexes all of Canada or the continent just breaks apart and creates much more satisfying borders based off of geography and war. The map would look so much better.

Eh, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ePltk3h.png

Why, hello there, babe.

On a serious note, you'll hardly see me supporting balkanization. I feel we're in an era that we cannot afford to push Tribalism. If we keep pushing and fomenting the divisions between us, then it's just grounds for festering nasty things down the road. We're suppose to be moving ahead of such things, not going back to them.

Also, to be fair, ironically it's much easier to keep track of an imaginary line than some natural barriers. Granted, mountains are good, but when it comes to rivers...

But thankfully it doesn't look like anything mayor has happened because of it... I'd hope.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GEAah3DXsAAtBGw?format=jpg&name=large

Brodia uses cash money confirmed.

Pretty sure Citrinne has enough "Fuck you" amount of money to have a dimensional teleporter somewhere xd

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

We're gonna get a fucking Hawkeye alt in Heroes. My God.

Hawkeye was a Day 1 unit btw. And he's gotten literally nothing since then. Probably a prf refine but that's it.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

lso, to be fair, ironically it's much easier to keep track of an imaginary line than some natural barriers. Granted, mountains are good, but when it comes to rivers...

Closest we get here is just weird quirks on the American-Canadian border because we just assumed what was out there.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

We're gonna get a fucking Hawkeye alt in Heroes. My God.

Hawkeye was a Day 1 unit btw. And he's gotten literally nothing since then. Probably a prf refine but that's it.

So Nabata/Arcadia is the next desert banner? Interesting.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Closest we get here is just weird quirks on the American-Canadian border because we just assumed what was out there.

This kind of thing also can happen within country border. For the US in particular, the Mississippi has changed course countless times.

EUMOvd2.png

What are Jakob, Felicia and Gunter doing here

They weren't here on the OG map....

Then again, I've noticed alot of the Paralogues in the RR do have some changes

Lyn paralogue i am even thinking of straight up not doing until like the final chapter due to how BS it looks with the buffed enemies lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

EUMOvd2.png

The paralogues already do that, so I'm not surprised the mod also tweaked things so it did for the new positions and stuff.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The paralogues already do that, so I'm not surprised the mod also tweaked things so it did for the new positions and stuff.

yh

didn't expect DLC classes in a non-DLC map tho

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So Nabata/Arcadia is the next desert banner? Interesting.

I mean there's only so many deserts. They did Khadein, they did Plegia. All that's left is Jehanna and Solm (i am aware there are other deserts but most of those aren't inhabited).

On a side note, apparently a lot of people hate these banners specifically because they are supposedly orientalist. I don't see it but orientalism is one of those terms that gets used incorrectly anyways. 

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The moment livestock animals left the Americas via the Bering Ice Bridge, native Americans were just kinda doomed eventually. Horses, pigs, cows, etc, all of this gave Europeans a massive headstart. Meanwhile the Americas just had....llamas. And only in specific parts of South America.

An inconsistent source of bronze for a quote on quote "proper" bronze age also had a play in it I imagine. Copper was wildly available but tin was limited to the southern regions which is why I imagine they were able to build larger permanent settlements, they had the stronger tools to be able to do so but even then their climate wasn't as suited to it as it was in Europe and parts of Asia. In the humidity of the jungle, wooden man made structures wither away much quicker, harsh rain storms causing potential mud floods much more common, natural disasters such as hurricanes, volcano eruptions (Seriously I'm pretty sure there are more active volcanoes in the tiny region of central American than there are in all of Europe combined.) and the general roughness of the jungle making it much more difficult for people living there to follow along the western path of progress so to speak. You can imagine that this is why many myths in the Americas regard nature as a powerful deity that must be respected while in Europe the common idea was that nature was a gift from God for men to exploit.

Many nations in the Northwest did have some well developed ironworks going, but they were limited since their main supply of iron was from the wrecks of Japanese ships washing over the shores of what is now the Oregon coast.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Outside of "New Spain", what's interesting about European colonization of the Americas is that Europe only cared about the coasts and the islands. France had a huge chunk of the American midwest but didn't actually care enough to really look after it past Louisiana. Spanish influence in North America didn't really go too far past what would become the Mexican border. It wasn't until America claimed independence that the ball began rolling. And not just America but other newly formed countries in the continents.

Early colonies were also more often independent ventures done by wealthy individuals rather than organized projects by the state, so if trade happened but not colonization I wonder if much steam for such a thing would ever be picked up should have indigenous nations become more powerful as a result.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On a serious note, you'll hardly see me supporting balkanization. I feel we're in an era that we cannot afford to push Tribalism. If we keep pushing and fomenting the divisions between us, then it's just grounds for festering nasty things down the road. We're suppose to be moving ahead of such things, not going back to them.

I'm being facetious, don't worry.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

In the humidity of the jungle, wooden man made structures wither away much quicker, harsh rain storms causing potential mud floods much more common, natural disasters such as hurricanes, volcano eruptions (Seriously I'm pretty sure there are more active volcanoes in the tiny region of central American than there are in all of Europe combined.) and the general roughness of the jungle making it much more difficult for people living there to follow along the western path of progress so to speak.

Don't forget that the great plains of North America are tornado-city central. Like it's the perfect environment for tornados to form.

Speaking of volcanos too, i believe natives living in the northwest actually recorded the creation of crater lake. They saw it happen.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Many nations in the Northwest did have some well developed ironworks going, but they were limited since their main supply of iron was from the wrecks of Japanese ships washing over the shores of what is now the Oregon coast.

I would've liked to be there. Imagine walking along the beach and all of the sudden pieces of a wreck from a type of ship you've never seen are just there.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean there's only so many deserts. They did Khadein, they did Plegia. All that's left is Jehanna and Solm (i am aware there are other deserts but most of those aren't inhabited).

On a side note, apparently a lot of people hate these banners specifically because they are supposedly orientalist. I don't see it but orientalism is one of those terms that gets used incorrectly anyways. 

We also got Hatari.

Yeah, not a whole lot to go by. Other potential ones are the Aed (Genealogy), Grann (Begnion), I think Cheve is close enough to the desert seen southwest of Nohr to have one take place there (only other desert is where the Wind Tribe lives, but they already got their own banner).

The thing about the desert banners is there's something to celebrate in a place that happens to be a desert. For Plegia it was celebrating Grima, Hatari does a fighting tournament (likely influence of the Children of Strength, aka the Laguz), Khadein was the academy itself. So it's not just a inhabited desert, but also something they have to distinguish them to be cause of celebration/appreciation.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The thing about the desert banners is there's something to celebrate in a place that happens to be a desert. For Plegia it was celebrating Grima, Hatari does a fighting tournament (likely influence of the Children of Strength, aka the Laguz), Khadein was the academy itself. So it's not just a inhabited desert, but also something they have to distinguish them to be cause of celebration/appreciation.

Nabata would likely celebrate dragons then, as that's the last remnant of manakete civilization in Elibe.

That said, the characters who do show up aren't always related to the region. Hatari for instance had Karla, Xane and Azura.

Just now, Armagon said:

Nabata would likely celebrate dragons then, as that's the last remnant of manakete civilization in Elibe.

That said, the characters who do show up aren't always related to the region. Hatari for instance had Karla, Xane and Azura.

Yeah. The banners are basically at least one local, and the rest outsiders, because the point is about the characters learning about the place. So the local acts as the guide.

Two SRW GC logs for today.:

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-16-57-36.png

Chose to do the first sub-scenario only once, felt like it was enough. Since that episode title caught my attention.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-02-12.png

Mmmh!🤢

*Initiating 1-Minute Eyes Adjustment Protocol*

...Even though I saw this before looking at a compilation of every instance Fin Funnels! in SRW (which takes like 30 minutes, a testament to Amuro's prolific presence), it still got me looking at it again. Although I quickly got over it. 

From seeing the seasoned veteran, to witnessing him at his greenest.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-03-27.png

How do you already have Newtype L3 when you've never fought before?

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-04-26.png

So size is what determines if you can target parts?

A Newtype and Real pilots in general seem like the perfect fits for being able to selectively dismember enemies.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-03-34.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-03-55.png

...And Amuro kinda needs Sniper. The RX-78 Gundam is doing him few favors (and not for the first time, from what I read of SRW3).

He'll eventually upgrade to Nu yeah, but that's eventually. And if A is anything to go by, that could happen pretty late. Furthermore, I'm not sure where things changed in SRW, but the fact that I'll be certainly retaining the original Gundam afterwards. Which means that, unlike a Super upgrade at this point in SRW's time, any stat upgrades thrown into the RX-78 won't carry over to Nu, making investing funds into it something of a waste if one is stingy. Will compensate with three good Mobility parts until then ...and maybe that 38k for maxing EN and like three upgrades in Mobility, one quick lategame sub-scenario repeat ought to cover the cost.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-08-10.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-07-48.png

And what mecha anime exist in this world?

Two Real Robot awakenings in the same scenario! Dragonar team is go!

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-16-44.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-16-56.png

Not bad to start. Amuro's Newtype and Sniper means the D-Weapons don't entirely outdo him, yet even so they're going to be better for now. And I can actually invest in them without the slightest concern because the Lifters and Custom are upgrades to the base machines.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-18-28.png

-But it's Dragonar-3 that I simply can't do without. EWAC is crack and I ain't going back. 

Plus, EWAC isn't just a eight-tile square around the unit with the ability! No more chaining EWAC-having units in each other's radiuses and directly surrounding them with everyone else.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-24-49.png

"Supply", seems like it's 1 ammo replenished per attack per turn. That's not something you see every day.

I have my hot off the assembly line Real Robot Regiment hold out on the terrain until the cavalry arrives.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-10-47.png

...And for the future of anime in general.

Cue the alternate dimension where Amuro never got in the Gundam.

...BTW, why is it Zeon is attacking with only Zaku IIs? Where are the first-generation Zakus this early in the UC timeline? Do the first two gens ala Gespensts (or rather historically the opposite) look identical to each other? Had enough time already passed by the time Amuro got in the Gundam that the second generation had replaced the first? Is SRW just cutting an understandable corner?

And when the reinforcements arrived...

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-37-04.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-36-40.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-37-12.png

Another big robot. With three sub-pilots. More crushing strength. Nothing new, but nothing bad at all.

The way this team is being treated like seasoned vets, don't tell me it's post/no-plot?

Their big O ring-shaped base looks cool by the way.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-41-27.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-41-17.png

*Sees the height and weight*

Hey wait a sec! What happened to the conservation of ma-

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-42-38.png

Oh.

Is the parallel universe okay with getting matter and energy stolen from/dumped into it though?🤨 Be respectful, don't steal and don't litter.

Whilst I prefer single-dimension SRWs, the Brai Synchron sounds ready to be put to modified plot use in a multi-world one. No reason Banpresto couldn't do that, I mean, they bent Zeorymer lore by having Masato state the development of the DCS began with Kihara using his knowledge of Orgone/Cytron tech.

The Brai Thunder ought to be more useful than some other alternate utility forms. Being S-sized mean I could have it help with capturing maybe, and it'd actually be good reason to invest in the Mobility stat of a Super.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-02-04.png

Battle won, time to lays eyes on the bireme of old upon which Gundam set sail.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-02-54.png

*Cough*

-I wasn't prepared for MSG Bright.😲 Yet, he's supposed to be like 21 at most? Eyes aside (and general aesthetic), he looks much the same as his matured CC self.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-04-42.png

Too early for The Slap(?), but it sure felt like Captain Noah could've done it.😅

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-05-08.png

The contrast is palpable.

Yes, Bright from what I've seen before is a no-nonsense kind of guy. But here, he is faaaaaaar more hotheaded, immature. "I'm the captain dammit!" is not how someone truly in command handles themselves. As green as grass this space admiral.

...Did GC skip over the "intended captain dies, Bright takes over the White Base" thing I read in his AP bio, or did that happen later than this? -If they skipped it, I'm fine, since it's blazingly obvious how they rehashed the beat for Murrue.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-09-58.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-09-06.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-10-22.png

The first allied battleship not only for Gundam, but for SRW as well. Gotta treat it well.

The capturing system works against the mother ship I think. Since there seems to be no way (Repair Kit?) to replenish the HP of limbs, and being LL-sized, enemies are likely to target the White Base and blow up its components with no means of fixing them, meaning I need to be careful with Bright's Beauty.

Bright has no sub-pilots at this point in SRW history, but he does have Command. That can stack with EWAC for maximum evasion, I like.

I also get to my surprise three supporting comrades of Amuro and two units.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-17-49.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-18-04.png

So these, particularly the Guncannon on the right, are the predecessors of all long-range bombardment type Reals, like R-2 Powered and the Dragonar-2 which ironically joined just before it.

I noticed they get a 4000 power combination attack with Amuro. Means having to waste to deployment slots on these, but in the short term, it might have some use.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-06-59.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-07-10.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-21-43.png

Red Comet, Blue Hawk, I shall call them "The Purple Rock Pigeons of Space Humanity". For this alone the new Giganos-Zeon alliance sounds like it was a fun idea.😀 It's something AP couldn't do, considering it left the Dragonar team on Earth at the first split, while Char assisted with Operation Stardust up above and afterwards swapped to being Quattro.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-26-28.png

And now I get this piece of equipment. I know it's temporary for some reason, but I'll abuse the extra EWAC it provides while I have it.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-27-10.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-27-12.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-27-18.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-27-20.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-27-23.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-27-40.png

A tutorial on the GC-exclusive capturing mechanic. 

This isn't the first time a mech game had limbs-disabling, I know Front Mission did it on the Super Famicom (with the issue of not being able to selectively target limbs until later, I think).

Here, crippling/capturing enemy mecha favors the small, other than attacking battleships. I think I can visualize why SRW never used it again, but I don't think I'll mind this.

-Although I didn't love it here, since Amuro was the only one who could target components, and the enemies chose to attack units other than him. So it was slow. The pace ought to be faster once I have more good capturing units around Tekkamen when?, I'm not really going to utilize it until then.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-50-05.png

Fewer words than AP, but the biography message is the same. Did the MAD writers suddenly realize Kaine was simply too dull to the story to the finish line?😆

When the real battle began with Char and Meio, it was bit tricky, lots of enemies and no top-tier terrain to camp atop.

Doing one more mission...

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-20-38-22.png

The 08th side story begins.

Shiro seems richer here as a character than he was in AP. Having multiple expressions this time does much of the work.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-20-42-22.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-20-42-25.png

I'm a mite queasy at how trashy this is (never trust General Motors with making a robot). But then I get it, a mass-production model ...of the very first Gundam which just launched two skirmishes ago. Gotta bend the chronology for UC to make the stories work in SRW both narratively and in gameplay, and there's been far worse I know. I get it.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-21-17-02.png

Shiro's after-battle joining unit is somehow even worse. -Maybe better though being S-sized allows for capturing functionality. Should've had Repair and or Resupply given this description.

It comes to my attention a few SRW's like to begin with shadowy figures talking. Well, maybe not that many, but certainly noticeable enough.

OGs (both halves), and A come to mind.

Huh, really? That's curious.

*Rechecks*

-Fairey doesn't become a sub-pilot until episode 30 in MD, I stand corrected. Not sure why the delay, but I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

You're in for a treat, since GC/XO is like the only time SRW uses Trider G7's story. Just about every other appearance they're just there, or it's post-script.

Not even in its debut? *Sees it was Shin SRW* ...Well you did say that Gundam Wing was incredibly threadbare there with only three Wing characters and Heero is even entirely missable, despite Shin being its debut.

Does Banpresto have a problem with the Daitarn-Zambot-Trider trinity that all three of them got consistently story-sidelined?🤨

I'll savor this unique situation in SRW while I'm playing it then!😃

Ah, yes, just about the only other time Neo vs Shin appears. The other being R.

...Just as I'll enjoy this rarity too. And the OYW usage, and the other one-offs or near-one-offs.

For as abundant as SRW has been, with the casting and how they're implemented, there is more variation in one way than a person may expect.

You'd be surprise how often it happens. XD

In fact, I seem to recall one series had an entire class of gradeschoolers piloting the mecha. In fact, I think the mecha was the school itself, or part of it, or connected. They didn't had to leave the building to get inside, at the very least.

Has DD adapted that Vifam anime you posted a video on yet? Sounds like there is enough other children pilot licenses to mix with it, to get around the "no adults allowed" narrative issue.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Don't forget that the great plains of North America are tornado-city central. Like it's the perfect environment for tornados to form.

I was thinking about that too which added to the nomadic lifestyle of many tribes within the great plains. Why settle down in one place when a tornado could come and destroy everything? Besides, the buffalo herds move with the seasons and so they needed to as well to stay alive.

And without horses or any other domesticated animals that could pull cargo, there wasn't much efficient trade that could be done when you got to a far enough distance. In the places there where bronze activity it would've taken years to transport a decent amount to a more temperate area, pray that it didn't rust on the journey there.

Some theory that we may have been able to domestic bison or even mammoths for western tribes, which while being really cool conceptually, unsurprisingly didn't happen because

A_Mammoth_Hunt.jpg

Ow

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of volcanos too, i believe natives living in the northwest actually recorded the creation of crater lake. They saw it happen.

That would've been insane to witness, an entire goddamn mountain collapsing into itself.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I would've liked to be there. Imagine walking along the beach and all of the sudden pieces of a wreck from a type of ship you've never seen are just there.

Ehh, I'm not sure it would've been that remarkable to them since it was drift wood of stray pieces spending months at sea from ships and not like the entire hull or something. What little they could make out of a ship would've not been that different from the canoes they had I imagine.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Ivy, Alfred and Diamant in the top 20

>No Timerra

I swear this is racially motivated.

Well at least the sole urban proletariat character in the entire franchise is pretty high.

Fire_emblem_portrait_dorothea.png?ex=65b69dff&is=65a428ff&hm=c08ef4c09bd2215d02359eba3623b56036b51bba48facbb5f5fb46c18881da66&

They gave her the Lenin hat and its fucked me up ever since

Having serious trouble sleeping.

Hate it when that happens.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

You could rationalize it by saying she's related to Hyacinth, so a win for her is technically a win for him.

Eh. We'll see. Still got a few days to ponder it. I'm kind of torn between her, Seforia for the funsies or Dorothy for a female character I actually care about.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also, nice thread, Beardman!

Thanks! Now go vote for Alder and Frost

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

EUMOvd2.png

Then again, I've noticed alot of the Paralogues in the RR do have some changes

Lyn paralogue i am even thinking of straight up not doing until like the final chapter due to how BS it looks with the buffed enemies lol

Gunter Bad

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>No Timerra

I don't wanna say that word exactly

But

Yes it absolutely is racism. There's a plethora of characters aa silly as Timerra and they are all immensely more popular. For some reason.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

They gave her the Lenin hat and its fucked me up ever since

Most people: haha jojos

Quetzal: L E N I N

I love you.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-02-12.png

Mmmh!🤢

*Initiating 1-Minute Eyes Adjustment Protocol*

...Even though I saw this before looking at a compilation of every instance Fin Funnels! in SRW (which takes like 30 minutes, a testament to Amuro's prolific presence), it still got me looking at it again. Although I quickly got over it. 

From seeing the seasoned veteran, to witnessing him at his greenest.

Yeah, that's teenager Amuro. Only SRW 2 would use this design as well. By 3 he already looked like his Zeta Gundam self. Ot was it in EX? 4? He definitely "grew up" during Classicverse.

How do you already have Newtype L3 when you've never fought before?

Innate, I suppose.

He'll eventually upgrade to Nu yeah, but that's eventually. And if A is anything to go by, that could happen pretty late. Furthermore, I'm not sure where things changed in SRW, but the fact that I'll be certainly retaining the original Gundam afterwards. Which means that, unlike a Super upgrade at this point in SRW's time, any stat upgrades thrown into the RX-78 won't carry over to Nu, making investing funds into it something of a waste if one is stingy. Will compensate with three good Mobility parts until then ...and maybe that 38k for maxing EN and like three upgrades in Mobility, one quick lategame sub-scenario repeat ought to cover the cost.

Even with no carry-over, it's certainly not bad to put on some upgrades, yeah.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-08-10.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-07-48.png

And what mecha anime exist in this world?

Two Real Robot awakenings in the same scenario! Dragonar team is go!

Anyone that doesn't show up? At least with Nadesico you know Gekiganger is a thing.

Well, Dragonar was already basing itself lots from the original Gundam. So no surprise they just merged both events here.

Plus, EWAC isn't just a eight-tile square around the unit with the ability! No more chaining EWAC-having units in each other's radiuses and directly surrounding them with everyone else.

Commander aurs do be like that, heh.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-24-49.png

"Supply", seems like it's 1 ammo replenished per attack per turn. That's not something you see every day.

I have my hot off the assembly line Real Robot Regiment hold out on the terrain until the cavalry arrives.

Wait, GC has terrain that replenishes ammo? Fascinating.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-17-10-47.png

...And for the future of anime in general.

Cue the alternate dimension where Amuro never got in the Gundam.

Finally, his time to shine!

He and his buddy Denim only show up in SRW 2 in addition to here.

...BTW, why is it Zeon is attacking with only Zaku IIs? Where are the first-generation Zakus this early in the UC timeline? Do the first two gens ala Gespensts (or rather historically the opposite) look identical to each other? Had enough time already passed by the time Amuro got in the Gundam that the second generation had replaced the first? Is SRW just cutting an understandable corner?

No, it looked different enough.

MS05B_Zaku_I_-_Front.jpg

By the time the OYW happens, the Zaku I was already largely phased out by the Zaku II. They were still used for behind the front-lines stuff like cargo transportation. Though by the end of the way, as Zeon was losing, they began to send everything that still worked, including the Zaku I's. I don't know if GC does this, so don't cross out the Zaku I just yet.

Another big robot. With three sub-pilots. More crushing strength. Nothing new, but nothing bad at all.

The way this team is being treated like seasoned vets, don't tell me it's post/no-plot?

Their big O ring-shaped base looks cool by the way.

Ah, Braiger. Showed up in Alpha Gaiden, and would show up again in NEO.

I'm pretty sure they're not post-story... maybe. GC also uses its sequel works, Baxingar and Sasuraigar, so maybe that's why. Although, the timespans between them are actually... big. Like, centuries big, if I recall. Here? Happening concurrently apparently.

Oh.

Is the parallel universe okay with getting matter and energy stolen from/dumped into it though?🤨 Be respectful, don't steal and don't litter.

Hey, it's just temporary storage! lol

Whilst I prefer single-dimension SRWs, the Brai Synchron sounds ready to be put to modified plot use in a multi-world one. No reason Banpresto couldn't do that, I mean, they bent Zeorymer lore by having Masato state the development of the DCS began with Kihara using his knowledge of Orgone/Cytron tech.

Gotta love that lore welding. Sometimes it's the other way around too. After all, Huckey was based on the Gundam, and Grungy on Mazinger and Daitarn.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-02-04.png

Battle won, time to lays eyes on the bireme of old upon which Gundam set sail.

So are they... jumping onto White Base!?

Yeah, you'll see me spouting OYW memes here. XD At least, those I remember.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-02-54.png

*Cough*

-I wasn't prepared for MSG Bright.😲 Yet, he's supposed to be like 21 at most? Eyes aside (and general aesthetic), he looks much the same as his matured CC self.

Only 19. I think this is even brought up about in SRW A, when he says Yurika at 20 is too young to become captain, then Amuro points out he was even younger when he became one, heh.

That is his MSG design... though it is a bit different from the anime's, yeah. He looks closer to his Z/ZZ self, yeah.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-04-42.png

Too early for The Slap(?), but it sure felt like Captain Noah could've done it.😅

I'd be surprised if The Slap didn't happen. Heck, there was a slap in SRW F... not to Amuro, but there was one.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-05-08.png

The contrast is palpable.

Yes, Bright from what I've seen before is a no-nonsense kind of guy. But here, he is faaaaaaar more hotheaded, immature. "I'm the captain dammit!" is not how someone truly in command handles themselves. As green as grass this space admiral.

Yeah, his first acting command, combined with some leftover teenage hot-bloodness (well, he's not 20 yet). In the anime there was also the pressure he was first acting captain, as the actual captain was injured during the attack on the colony. Eventually he succumbed from his wounds, leaving Bright as de jure Captain. Combined that White Base was mostly staffed by civilians as most of the actual soldiers also died in the attack... Bright certainly got his hands full for his first big mission. Lots of responsibility falling on him in an already tense situation.

...Did GC skip over the "intended captain dies, Bright takes over the White Base" thing I read in his AP bio, or did that happen later than this? -If they skipped it, I'm fine, since it's blazingly obvious how they rehashed the beat for Murrue.

Oh, seems they are skipping it. The intended Captain died after they had reached Earth, at least.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-09-58.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-09-06.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-16-19-10-22.png

The first allied battleship not only for Gundam, but for SRW as well. Gotta treat it well.

Ah, the good old White Base. Only playable in early Classicverse, gets a small appearance/cameo in Alpha 1, and then never again... until GC/XO.

The capturing system works against the mother ship I think. Since there seems to be no way (Repair Kit?) to replenish the HP of limbs, and being LL-sized, enemies are likely to target the White Base and blow up its components with no means of fixing them, meaning I need to be careful with Bright's Beauty.

Does the Repair Module doesn't work on limbs? Would be weird if not.

Bright has no sub-pilots at this point in SRW history, but he does have Command. That can stack with EWAC for maximum evasion, I like.

I also get to my surprise three supporting comrades of Amuro and two units.

Well, he almost never got to have one, that's for sure. Even though this game there'd be plenty options. Mirai, Sayla, Fraw...

Red Comet, Blue Hawk, I shall call them "The Purple Rock Pigeons of Space Humanity". For this alone the new Giganos-Zeon alliance sounds like it was a fun idea.😀 It's something AP couldn't do, considering it left the Dragonar team on Earth at the first split, while Char assisted with Operation Stardust up above and afterwards swapped to being Quattro.

Not to mention, Giganos and Zeon were hostile in there.

You know, this reminds me. I remember once thinking a reboot/reimagining of the Classicverse. A Classicverse+, if you will. One of my additions was adding Dragonar to the SRW 2 segment, precisely since a Zeon+Giganos alliance had potential. Definitely I was inspired by this game for sure, heh.

Here, crippling/capturing enemy mecha favors the small, other than attacking battleships. I think I can visualize why SRW never used it again, but I don't think I'll mind this.

-Although I didn't love it here, since Amuro was the only one who could target components, and the enemies chose to attack units other than him. So it was slow. The pace ought to be faster once I have more good capturing units around Tekkamen when?, I'm not really going to utilize it until then.

An interesting idea. Sadly it's what would you expect. If it's already interchangable for pilots, like the Mobile Suits, you keep it. Else, it gets sold. Though I suppose it'd be a complex system if you could have Koji in a Mechabeast, hahaha.

GRWJD9-2024-01-16-20-38-22.png

The 08th side story begins.

Shiro seems richer here as a character than he was in AP. Having multiple expressions this time does much of the work.

It helps his own story was during the OYW. It didn't showed up in Classicverse, so any other appearance in SRW is already long after it should've happened. Here, though? Finally the proper time to be put to use.

Shiro's after-battle joining unit is somehow even worse. -Maybe better though being S-sized allows for capturing functionality. Should've had Repair and or Resupply given this description.

Ah, the Ball. Quite the... mobile suit, hehe.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Rechecks*

-Fairey doesn't become a sub-pilot until episode 30 in MD, I stand corrected. Not sure why the delay, but I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

Ah, so she does show up. That's good to know.

Not even in its debut? *Sees it was Shin SRW* ...Well you did say that Gundam Wing was incredibly threadbare there with only three Wing characters and Heero is even entirely missable, despite Shin being its debut.

Does Banpresto have a problem with the Daitarn-Zambot-Trider trinity that all three of them got consistently story-sidelined?🤨

I'll savor this unique situation in SRW while I'm playing it then!😃

Yeah, he was. This continued in SRW F/FF, where the Wing Boys were largely optional... and then route dependent. Only Duo and Wufei joined in the Guest-Poseydal route, and then only by the second to last stage. The others were only permanently recruitable in the DC Route, where it was still optional to get them.

On the flip side, they got some relevance with the Eva Characters. Specially Quatre becoming friends with Shinji. Not recruiting Quatre for the first time is basically the first step to get the bad EVA Ending.

Yeah, not sure what's up with those three and the way their stories get handled. Daitarn seems mostly to be there to explain how the group gets funded, but other than that...

...Just as I'll enjoy this rarity too. And the OYW usage, and the other one-offs or near-one-offs.

For as abundant as SRW has been, with the casting and how they're implemented, there is more variation in one way than a person may expect.

GC certainly has a unique roster, that's for sure.

Has DD adapted that Vifam anime you posted a video on yet? Sounds like there is enough other children pilot licenses to mix with it, to get around the "no adults allowed" narrative issue.

Not yet. Not that it lacks its own gradeschoolers present, like Wataru, heh.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>No Timerra

This reminds me how she also didn't make it to the top positions in the original polling done when the game came out. But then, not even the other Solm characters scored high (and anyone past Seadall was pretty much not available to vote for), and the excuse was that people who answered the poll hadn't played that far. Certainly can't say the same here.

That aside... I really do hope Ivy can win this... maybe it's my bias speaking, but if she does, I hope she dons her Snow Queen outfit Though I guess it can be used too for an Ascended or Legendary or what-have-you.

Ugh, don't know if I needed to level grind a bit, or I was just plain unlucky. Cerberus took several tries. I swear, the game intentionally switches the turn order every turn to deliberately screw me over. Well, thanks to Curaja spamming every turn, I eventually managed. Good call on switching to a Devout.

Well, since it took longer than expected, I'll have to stop for now. Will take down the other three bosses... next time.