Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Mediocre unit" Alfred is much worse and that's even with his earlier join time.

Shoujo/Otome Prince. Alfred is very popular in that crowd

He's much worse tho, yes

honestly i think they're all about equal.

Here i disagree. As much as i was hyped about the Solm characters pre-release, they just kinda became an afterthought after, thanks to them just being smart and healthy while everyone else is different kinds of broken and has some kinda baggage.

I fail to see what they do in the story that Timerra doesn't

The Brodians and Elusians have the conflict with their each other, but also against their zombiefied fathers. Elusians arc goes into pretty late game when you retake Elusia. Both of these groups established their relevancy early and thus people kept viewing their supports through the game, with the Elusians even continuing for longer.

Even Firene gets some breadcrumbs later on with Ch.17 and some interactions with their citizen - even if minor. You get nothing from Solm after ch.16

Many newcomers also probably had their teams ready by the time Solm came - big F.

Although, all that considered, Solm is like the only place in the series where living seems feasible, they are too competent and & smart, seem like a varied bunch and i quite like their values lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

thanks to them just being smart and healthy while everyone else is different kinds of broken and has some kinda baggage.

You know, it's kinda fucked up how being smart and healthy makes you less interesting than those with issues. 

Truly, we live in a society.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You get nothing from Solm after ch.16

There wouldn't be room for it unfortunately. Like maybe instead of the boat map, Ch.18 is another Solm map but it'd feel too early to go back to.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Although, all that considered, Solm is like the only place in the series where living seems feasible, they are too competent and & smart, seem like a varied bunch and i quite like their values lol

It was basically the refresher you need after the downer that was Ch.10/11.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There wouldn't be room for it unfortunately. Like maybe instead of the boat map, Ch.18 is another Solm map but it'd feel too early to go back to

Maybe could've had one before Lythos/Gradlon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was basically the refresher you need after the downer that was Ch.10/11.

Bright sandstorm helps as well!

Man

Why is Fogado just a glorified Bow Knight tho.

Solm should've went harder with the wolf stuff tbh.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why is Fogado just a glorified Bow Knight tho.

Solm should've went harder with the wolf stuff tbh.

I don't think they wanted to give you two Wolf Knights in a row that quickly. 

That said, he is a magic-orienated bow user, which is actually pretty rare.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think they wanted to give you two Wolf Knights in a row that quickly. 

Well, Fogado and Timerra should've had special Wolf Classes. Lances/Bows + DLC wolf bite thingies

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That said, he is a magic-orienated bow user, which is actually pretty rare.

7 Mag + 25%/30% growth is not exactly magic oriented. In Engage itself you get better options, like Anna.

On Maddening you need like 20 mag + fully forged Radiant Bow to one shot fliers late game - Fogado is never reaching that treshhold.

21 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Well at least the sole urban proletariat character in the entire franchise is pretty high.

Fire_emblem_portrait_dorothea.png?ex=65b69dff&is=65a428ff&hm=c08ef4c09bd2215d02359eba3623b56036b51bba48facbb5f5fb46c18881da66&

I completely forgot Manuela existed, I apologize. The Trotsky to Dorothea's Lenin.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You know, it's kinda fucked up how being smart and healthy makes you less interesting than those with issues. 

Truly, we live in a society.

I dont understand this, either. 

As much as I dont understand how people can hate characters for being "too nice".

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From an old man in their SRW debut, to a young man they had at that time fought besides, the change in the guy in charge of training the Dragonar scrubs has changed, yet with a hint of familiarity.😆 Though I suppose you could find a worse combat instructor than *checks to make sure my audial guess is correct*, than the bounty hunter who leads the Date clan and has been through hell and heaven.🤣

Ah yes, the curious decision of A to use The 8th Team despite timeline wise it was long after the OYW. Which as a result it ends up shifting a few events forward.

Doing the following scenario, entering the Earth's atmosphere was a nice battle, kinda easy, but for a first "reach X point in Y turns" not bad.

Ah yes. "Atmospheric Reentry" was quite a staple stage in the early SRW's. Though it was usually "protect the battleship for X turns".

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-09-05-18.png

Char?

Here Comes Char!?

SRW A Char... doing the Trombe! Override before Trombe! itself existed. Well, no. Kinda the first time there was overriding was GoShogun's Bundle's Ship in EX/4/F/FF.

...This scene was voiced!😲 An SRW, having voice-acting, outside of combat. Do my ears smell an 8th flavor?

Did they borrow the script word-for-word and the echos of the vocal cords from the ancient archive? (Aina and Norris's lines weren't voiced BTW.) Why only now? Was this that momentous a moment in Gundam's founding days?

Unless they rerecorded it... yes. Whenever SRW does voiced lines, usually it's because the lines are taken straight from the original scripts.

I suppose it was? Helps cement Char's personality, I suppose.

Gotta show the genius SRW gameplay doesn't permit you to have in mere Zaku, not bad Char.

And these two go well together indeed.

Char Clone meeting his original, heh. Well, Meio is only missing the mask, but yeah.

"Friends". 

Well you know the saying- "flattery will get you to the jugular".

We all know how those friendships from military academy end up, amirite.

Hahahahahahahaha!🤣

Reminder your future AP Ace Bonus gives you +10% Mobility when piloting any unit with "Gundam" in the name.

I think it was in this scene where the slap happened.

I know they've thrown in the Z and ZZ G units, so is this Amuro hinting at how they get fitted into an altered timeline that's too early for them?

Probably. Though also remember that in A it was a plot point the Dragoons from Dragonar were a new Federation weapon. So perhaps it's the same thing here.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-09-25-55.png

Thank heavens he ain't a Newtype -although I'm sure Char would've learned how to build a mental barrier against mind-reading no later than a month after he was left fatherless.

Is that even possible? Admittedly, I don't know. But even by CCA he certainly could receive/detect stuff without him wanting to.

So he is on the Charred to a Crisp List, and the next scenario's title says it's up next!☠️

Backing up a moment,

Those bio's are a bit spoilerific, heh. But then, usually one playing these would already know... for the most part.

AP told me what happens. I think?😅 Whether optimistic SRW chooses to make Shiro a crying survivor in GC is what I'm left to ponder. If that's canon, then sure, go ahead, because what would be a better game to do that?

For its worth, in the anime Shiro lost half his left leg.

I thought Gundam didn't have aliens?

Hahaha.

Well, there are now. Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer would finally introduce aliens to the Gundam franchise. I think they're still the only ones, though. Which reminds me, I will be encountering them in SRW V...

I checked the bio pages for these baddies of old, which have now unlocked with their appearance in the story. Turning a republic into a principality? A family of schemers? Must be very proud of their De Medici ancestry. I won't stop the Red if he wants 'em dead.

Yeah, they would go on to appropiate... then twist for their own purposes, the legacy of Zeon Daikum.

Repair doesn't work on limbs, though docking unit in a battleship does. And it's not Repair Kits that fix them, it's a new consumable called Spare Parts, which only fully heal one component. Though they are kinda common drops, battleships in particular like to carry them so far (no doubt because they're easy captures worth a lot of money).

Ah, I see then.

This reminds me I saw one comment by someone who wished they could make an adjustment to the Alpha series. Moving SEED (and this Astray side story I look forward to in W) to a remade Alpha 1 and then using the Destiny(?) sequel story later.

That's not a bad idea. This reminds me of some of the original plans for the Alpha series. Like GaoGaiGar was suppose to appear in Alpha 1 already, then have its story covered in all three games (Alpha Gaiden was not originally in the plans), but then it got pushed to begin in Alpha 2.

I bring this mostly so I can slide in mention of this.:

snow-sculpture-of-rising-freedom-gundam-

-The plan for what people can hope to see at the upcoming Sapporo Snow Festival.

SMH at not constructing an entire life-sized Gundam out of snow. Or ice, I'd settle for ice, but I'd rather have R-2 then, or Daimos.

Well, still looks nice, heh.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not bad.🍿

Though laughing maniacally makes using Quattro in 30 and AP feel slightly unsettling

Yep. Friendship be damned. He's out for blood against the Zabi's.

Now it's an escape back to Japan, which could only mean one thing.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-13-08-14.png

Now I see how ridiculous his hair is.

Considering Dancouga was stapled onto J, actually experiencing its plot this time will be appreciated.

Yeah, I think GC does indeed use Dancougar's story.

Musically, the J track was much more raw, if repetitive on startup, so the lighter theme here is fine.

As far as the Dancougar tracks go, my favorite is "My Love, Faraway".

Daltanious has nice durability, but otherwise, it looks kinda weak? Part of it is its strongest weapon is only 4000 power, which is lower than any other SR right now. Although I know that's because its strongest attacks are secrets ...why? What reason is there for Daltanious not to get its best attacks simply via plot progress like most giant robots?

They were also a secret in D.

Helios? *Remembers flipping through the D flow chart*

GC alters the Daltanius story so visiting the planet isn't necessary? 

Might as well consider putting Daltanius in my final team. D being its only other game makes it a rare showing. And D, ooooh D-ear given what's said of it being anti-Super.

Oh really?

It's also in DD, for its worth. Storyline still on-going, if I recall.

The game hinted not at this appearance. -And the Baron A was voiced. Why choose these particular instances that you do, GC?🤔

I'm guessing since it is Ashura's debut into the story? Also back in the original OVA's.

As reliably strong as it is, knowing Maz Is Eternal in SRW makes the idea of putting them on the final team rather... boring.🥱

Mazinger may be eternal in SRW... but Koji, surprisingly, is not. SRW UX used Mazinkaizer SKL, a Mazinger work WITHOUT Koji. So Koji... has a blemish in an otherwise perfect attendance record (SRW 1 doesn't count since it had no pilots at all).

I know I saw that these two are playable in MD. Are they here? Slightly odd to give out more than one Original unit (Al-Van was around for like three turns) if they did.

And I can sense Sieg and Sally swapping story roles if playing with the male lead instead.

I recognize Sally. TIL she's from this game, hahaha.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:
They weren't ranked by the votes anyways. It's just to see who is in the top 20.

They never do, but even knowing who is in the Top X will shift voting patterns. Since now you know who to stop voting for... or who to vote now.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, Fogado and Timerra should've had special Wolf Classes. Lances/Bows + DLC wolf bite thingies

Nah, fam, Fogado at least should've used a camel!

I love that Igrene and Louise get to be in a Duo together. Sonya and Genny duo when, IS, when!?

---

Okay, time to continue with the World of Darkness...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Another for this evening (well almost midnight now).:

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-19-15-15.png

But the Dancoukougaken is love and battleship energy? I guess this game will explain it better.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-19-46-42.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-17-19-46-48.png

It's no time to be Goufing off!😛

I'm only realizing now that the "first half of SEED copied the original MSG" thing the once-in-a-blue-moon poster here '06 mentioned applies to this scene. Amuro & Ral got turned into Kira and Waltfield. The barren landscape is the culprit.

This battle was notable for the fact that next to the Hover Truck, Amuro even without Focus, just two Magnetic Coats and a Dustproof atop a building, was able to reach 0% hit rates fighting the grunts, and they still chose to attack him if there wasn't something much less evasive in range (they oddly ignored the Hover Truck). That's one point for Real Robots.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-20-07-13.png

Was this voiced? I can't remember, but I do remember another instance of voicing.

The sub-scenario after this was as filler for grinding as it gets.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-20-14-53.png

Statistic -if coming from pure evil- is noted.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-20-15-26.png

Shades this soon?😮

It's one thing to visit a random spacebar once wearing them. It's another when you're part of a long-term military unit with people who might recognize/suspect who you really are.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-20-16-10.png

Speaking of terrible attempts to conceal identity.

The hand of the original evil begins to move.

Are they going to be heavy on the manipulation like Shadow-Mirror? Entirely aloof like the Quaestors? Or mostly aloof with a hint of manipulation- the Fury (Larseilam = "Why cooperate when we can slaughter?", but they did advise the use of the Alaskan Cyclops, and gave the N-Jammer Canceller to Creuset)?

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-21-01-26.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-17-21-01-34.png

I know there's a pig on the White Base (thanks Daltanious), but what about a cat? Because I think I found a rat. Or maybe a worm that I can't wait to be impale on a hook.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-21-02-41.png

Option C- Having Divide By Zero Error distance because you don't have anyone.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-21-02-12.png

Speaking of Mobile Armors, where's Lalah? (And when does the Gelgoog get invented so Char can paint it red?)

The Apsalus II (first prototype wasn't combat-worthy?) in 3D expresses its bigness way better than in 2D.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-21-29-18.png

Subtle introduction of yet another chronologically-early minor Gundam story, working for Norris. I wouldn't have realized it if I hadn't checked before smashing them.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-22-08-50.png

Love blooms on the battlefield/adjacent to it so, so quickly.

Even though it has dominated things almost unbrokenly so far, I'm not minding the MSG + 08th focus. It's quaint, and Zakus have become easy to squish.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-22-11-50.png

I think that A-hole Miwa from Daimos likewise suspected Shiro at some point? And I believe this scene, because of A, was imitated in OG2 using Lee and Arado (because of enemy Seolla, of course).

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-22-13-12.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-17-22-13-29.png

One rumor correct, the other very wrong. That saves his bacon.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah yes, the curious decision of A to use The 8th Team despite timeline wise it was long after the OYW. Which as a result it ends up shifting a few events forward.

A just seems like a total mishmash of UC Gundam, without a coherent plan/focus. Stardust Memories it does the best, the rest is just kinda there. Although the debut of Dragonar and Nadesico do give A coherent Real narratives. And G Gundam, as Super as it is, does provide one drawn-out Gundam storyline.

I think it was in this scene where the slap happened.

I heard no slapping sound, sadly. Why they didn't have one (so far) when GC is trying to do the unusual with going back the OYW and Amuro as the one in need of character development, I can't say I understand.

For its worth, in the anime Shiro lost half his left leg.

Not a bad choice of injury for popular fiction. You can walk it off, still look good, yet it's still half a leg, will certainly keep reminding you of the horrors of war and all that.

(Alpha Gaiden was not originally in the plans)

Huh. Well, I say happy be the accident that gave us Sanger.

Yep. Friendship be damned. He's out for blood against the Zabi's.

Did he really have to kill this one?

Well, it sounds like Garma was fully inculcated in his family's corruption. Thrown in jail, I can see him being unhappy, with plenty of desire to escape. And somebody else with brains and ambitions could rig Garma's prison escape, in a world where the other Zabis were killed and a power vacuum was left. Garma would become a figurehead who would be foolish enough that he wouldn't realize he'd was being manipulated by someone seeking to capitalize on Sabi nostalgia in Zeon. Char may be right to a degree that Garma's fate was unavoidable simply by being a Zabi. -Though one who hasn't watched the anime shouldn't speculate too seriously.😅

-Garma's fiancee, seemingly completely innocent and only treated well by him, does indicate that even allegedly-evil or most-unfortunate men must die, innocents suffer. Gundam being serious about war on early display?

Mazinger may be eternal in SRW... but Koji, surprisingly, is not. SRW UX used Mazinkaizer SKL, a Mazinger work WITHOUT Koji. So Koji... has a blemish in an otherwise perfect attendance record (SRW 1 doesn't count since it had no pilots at all).

*Checks UX*

Okay, who are these losers/much-needed fresh blood (a matter of perspective, I'm presenting both extremes), and what happened to the iconic/drastically-overused crew?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-19-46-42.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-17-19-46-48.png

It's no time to be Goufing off!😛

Gotta have the memes even in-game, pft.

I'm only realizing now that the "first half of SEED copied the original MSG" thing the once-in-a-blue-moon poster here '06 mentioned applies to this scene. Amuro & Ral got turned into Kira and Waltfield. The barren landscape is the culprit.

Mhm. Always calling back to the classics.

This battle was notable for the fact that next to the Hover Truck, Amuro even without Focus, just two Magnetic Coats and a Dustproof atop a building, was able to reach 0% hit rates fighting the grunts, and they still chose to attack him if there wasn't something much less evasive in range (they oddly ignored the Hover Truck). That's one point for Real Robots.

I guess they're programmed to always attack?

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-20-15-26.png

Shades this soon?😮

Well, gotta keep the eyes covered at all times.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-20-16-10.png

Speaking of terrible attempts to conceal identity.

The hand of the original evil begins to move.

Are they going to be heavy on the manipulation like Shadow-Mirror? Entirely aloof like the Quaestors? Or mostly aloof with a hint of manipulation- the Fury (Larseilam = "Why cooperate when we can slaughter?", but they did advise the use of the Alaskan Cyclops, and gave the N-Jammer Canceller to Creuset)?

Smell? Who does he think he is, Reverse Rebirth Riku?

Option C- Having Divide By Zero Error distance because you don't have anyone.

I C you're a fellow sort.

Speaking of Mobile Armors, where's Lalah? (And when does the Gelgoog get invented so Char can paint it red?)

The Apsalus II (first prototype wasn't combat-worthy?) in 3D expresses its bigness way better than in 2D.

Patience. All in due time-

Indeed. The Apsalus I was the testing ground for the Minovsky Craft, so it had no weapons. Though it could attack via generating shockwaves by overloading the Minovsky Craft. Technically the first Mobile Armor was the Adzam, but it could not permanently fly.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-21-29-18.png

Subtle introduction of yet another chronologically-early minor Gundam story, working for Norris. I wouldn't have realized it if I hadn't checked before smashing them.

Ah, yes, War in the Pocket... DO NOT. I REAPT. DO NOT. LET BERNIE BECOME HAMBURGER.

These Gundam spin-off would get to show up often in the early SRW's. But since Alpha 1 / A / Impact, they petered out... until GC brought them back for one last hurrah it seems.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-22-08-50.png

Love blooms on the battlefield/adjacent to it so, so quickly.

Even though it has dominated things almost unbrokenly so far, I'm not minding the MSG + 08th focus. It's quaint, and Zakus have become easy to squish.

This scene only shows up in Compact 2 / Impact as well as here. The 8th Team also tended to be shafted. Most of Shiro's team would be MIA every time except here, and sort-of Compact 2 / Impact.

GRWJD9-2024-01-17-22-11-50.png

I think that A-hole Miwa from Daimos likewise suspected Shiro at some point? And I believe this scene, because of A, was imitated in OG2 using Lee and Arado (because of enemy Seolla, of course).

I think it's taken from the OVA's, where indeed Shiro gets in hot water for his interactions with Aina.

A just seems like a total mishmash of UC Gundam, without a coherent plan/focus. Stardust Memories it does the best, the rest is just kinda there. Although the debut of Dragonar and Nadesico do give A coherent Real narratives. And G Gundam, as Super as it is, does provide one drawn-out Gundam storyline.

Yeah, A was weird on its UC Gundam chronology, even by SRW standards.

I heard no slapping sound, sadly. Why they didn't when GC is trying to do the unusual with the OYW and Amuro as the one in need of character development, I can't say I understand.

Beats me. Maybe it was already deemed too much to portray in a game, even if just as a sound effect? Who knows...

Not a bad choice of injury for popular fiction. You can walk it off, still look good, yet it's still half a leg, will certainly keep reminding you of the horrors of war and all that.

Well, could be worse. Could've ended up like Bernie. Shiro and Aina got the happy ending Chris and Bernie could not.

Huh. Well, I say happy be the accident that gave us Sanger.

Indeed! Though I wonder if he was at least planned to be a protagonist in Alpha 2 already.

Did he really have to kill this one?

Well, it sounds like Garma was fully inculcated in his family's corruption. Thrown in jail, I can see him being unhappy, with plenty of desire to escape. And somebody else with brains and ambitions could rig Garma's prison escape, in a world where the other Zabis were killed and a power vacuum was left. Garma would become figurehead who doesn't realize he'd be figurehead seeking to capitalize on Sabi nostalgia in Zeon. Char may be right to a degree that Garma's fate was unavoidable by being a Zabi.

-Although Garma's fiancee, seemingly completely innocent and only treated well by him, does indicate that even allegedly-evil or most-unfortunate men must die, innocents suffer. Gundam being serious about war on early display?

Well, the Zabi's tried to kill him and his sister, even if they were not involved in their parents' affairs. So eye for an eye, I guess, except Char succeeds.

Could've happened, perhaps. I think some Gundam games delve in what-if scenarios. Surely at least one has Garma surviving the OYW. As it were, UC Gundam canon has that the Zabi nostalgia was used with Mineva, Dozle's daughter, by Haman.

*Checks UX*

Okay, who are these losers/much-needed fresh blood (a matter of perspective, I'm presenting both extremes), and what happened to the iconic/drastically-overused crew?

Heh, I guess they wanted a reboot? Still a Mazinger, but no Koji. Certainly sounds strange. XD

If there's no ceiling, then from what is the Echidna hanging from?

Anyway, in a big contrast, I could defeat the Echidna on the first try. It did knew Death, but fortunately it only got to use it once, which failed.

Aaah, my Dragoon is close to max out Job Level. Okay, will stop here and continue tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow is the day I defeat the Cloud of Darkness...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

To say that is to assume all horror movies are created equal and IMHO they’re not

You got the religious based ones which I kinda like. You got the butcherfests like Saw. Then you got the ones that are as far fetched and out there as can possibly be. Maximum Overdrive springs to mind

I know Captain, I’ve read Poe and Lovecraft.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

10 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Grrrrrr...

Looks like MAME is another good one for constantly updatin stuff and breakin it. Just had to hunt up an older version and install that, since the rom that worked on my openemu now doesn’t work on the standalone on my PC

Why cant people leave shit alone? 🙄

I have an ancient CD with MAME and a ton of ROMs prepackaged that's been doing the rounds for like 20 years in this house. Pretty sure I extracted the files onto the computer that my mom now has.

I'd always toyed with the idea of updating, but I did see that this emulator breaks if the ROMs themselves aren't updated as well for some reason? So perhaps it's for the best to keep that one lol. Plus, the menu gives me nostalgia.

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But also, we did get alot of "Engage gives you too many units complaints"

...What?

Really?

I saw complaints about the way Engage gives you units, and on this I do have to agree. It just hands them to you in neat packs of three, and with the way stat progression and unit balance works there's basically no reason not to replace everyone you had beforehand with their later prepromoted counterparts. Would've been nice to have more Lindons in there. Let me earn my units goddammit, it makes the maps more interesting.

But too many units? I've never seen anyone say that, and to be honest, the game feels like it has a Just Right amount of units.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I completely forgot Manuela existed, I apologize. The Trotsky to Dorothea's Lenin.

How does Hanneman factor into all this? Nobleman who hates the system and is actively working to introduce communism even though it directly screws him out of his status

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, fam, Fogado at least should've used a camel!

This would've been such an improvement though.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What?

Really?

Yes

Especially early on it was quite a common complaint

Especially from 3H fans

and with the way stat progression and unit balance works there's basically no reason not to replace everyone you had beforehand with their later prepromoted counterparts.

Now there is: Skill access. Earlier unti + well earlier skilll access that can make them snowball

But too many units? I've never seen anyone say that, and to be honest, the game feels like it has a Just Right amount of units

Yes

Could've used some more at late game, but other than that, the games does that part pretty well imo

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yes

Especially early on it was quite a common complaint

Especially from 3H fans

Yeah but Three Houses fans don't like Fire Emblem, they don't count.

Now there is: Skill access. Earlier unti + well earlier skilll access that can make them snowball

True enough, the later units do miss out on the first batch of Emblems and their skills, but at the same time, the earlier units have such immense trouble keeping up in terms of stats that it honestly does feel like shooting yourself in the foot if you keep them (with a couple of key exceptions of course). Unless you give them Tiki of course. Buy the DLC for only 30$ to get any use out of the Firenese in maddening!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

the earlier units have such immense trouble keeping up in terms of stats that it honestly does feel like shooting yourself in the foot if you keep them (with a couple of key exceptions of course). Unless you give them Tiki of course. Buy the DLC for only 30$ to get any use out of the Firenese in maddening

Nah

I've enough runs under my belt now to say that that is not really the case nor is Tiki needed.

Stats in Engage are not that important when compared with skills, Emblems and Weapon loadout (forges/engraves)

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nah

I've enough runs under my belt now to say that that is not really the case nor is Tiki needed.

Stats in Engage are not that important when compared with skills, Emblems and Weapon loadout (forges/engraves)

Huh. Well, I guess I'll take your word for it. Still rather sour on my maddening run where I had like, exactly two or three units that could do anything effectively.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh. Well, I guess I'll take your word for it. Still rather sour on my maddening run where I had like, exactly two or three units that could do anything effectively.

Enemies late game do have pretty inflated stats, but late game Engage weapons have really really high MT, and the skills you get access to need strong enemies or you will cheese through it.

Only very few of my units have the pure stat power the enemies had, the rest had to rely on their kits to gain the upper hand

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Nah

The trick is to make sure you never have a 100% avoid rate (Maddening Yunaka is suffering from success).

Another two episodes cleared.

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-08-10-42.png

*Thinks of the Zeon capital before*

An alliance of (impossibly?) inverted-building lovers?

And those guys who showed up well past their expiration date in AP, even upgraded to I forget what, but they were I think ZZ or CCA suits. And they only perished in the third-to-last battle, or fourth, I forget exactly.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-08-21-48.png

Thank you for getting out front and being shot down on turn 1!

...I think they died? Their profiles said they canonically died in this battle and the leader's death quote sounded like it. Again, contrast with A. All of Amuro's early little victims are losing their heads as quickly as they spring up.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-08-38-46.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-08-24-42.png

Too much work making a 3D model of the Gundam fused with the G-Fighter?

No new weapons other than the beam cannons not even Crash Intrude, but S Air, flight with extra move, and extra Mobility are nice. Another Repair unit when separated is good too.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-08-22-23.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-08-22-36.png

The Ez8 is the second gift of this chapter, and... Shiro is not a long-term unit. Full Burst might not have sliding down a wall in 3D, but it has 3 ammo this time over AP's 1. Still, without any route splits and this early Gundam focus, Shiro and co. will have made enough in combat contributions to retire from active duty.

In this particular mission, with a little help from Braiger, the 08th Mobile Suit Squad fought off the Zaku-Gouf force to the northeast by themselves. Everyone else went after the Giganos forces southwest of the immobile White Base.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-14-11.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-14-23.png

This sounds like it was a planned operation? Odessa didn't feel like it to me. Just another assault by Zeon-Giganos as the WB heads to Jaburo.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-18-18.png

Now these guys show up, I was wondering where they've been. Definitely a step up from the Imperial Guard as opponents.

Murdering your officer is one way to make a second first impression (stronger than the first first impression, whatever that was, I don't recall).

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-19-55.png

Uhhh... that's a face...

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-20-10.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-20-29.png

...of evil?

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-22-17.png

He totally would.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-21-39.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-24-11.png

Why do those chosen by the rays of evolution take on such atavistic expressions?🤔

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-25-02.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-27-12.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-27-30.png

Neo Getter deploys. It looks... okay.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-26-08.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-09-26-25.png

Let the Rays shiiiiiiine! back in, because this is downright puny by Super standards. -Okay I get it, newly-formed team needs time in the sun before they spark into true hot-blooded brilliance. I'll cease casting stones at them.

The Dinosaur Empire wasn't much of a concern on this map, they can't fly and they choose to trudge through the water, they never got close to most of the heroes really. I sent Daltanious alone to distract and destroy most of them, with proper use of guarding, Guts, and Iron Wall. Everyone else took on the Giganos forces, fairly few grunts, but two EWAC users who must be crushed first, and the GJ-Squad made it a fairly strong group for this point.

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-10-33-35.png

What are dinosaurs doing in Antarctica?🥶 *Searches "Were dinosaurs ectothermic?"* They weren't, okay then!

GRWJD9-2024-01-18-10-33-49.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-18-10-34-16.png

So the Dinosaur Empire, whom this is my first game encountering since A went with the Hyakki, was crushed, and is now in need of new, human bodies. ...How about an alliance with the Meganoids? Your leaders can mutter drifting in and out of consciousness the days away together!

Next plot beat is a two-episode battle. Must've been reaaaaaally important for MSG.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

DO NOT. I REAPT. DO NOT. LET BERNIE BECOME HAMBURGER.

Well, could be worse. Could've ended up like Bernie. Shiro and Aina got the happy ending Chris and Bernie could not.

Fret not, you know I've looked at the secrets lineup. I will save the guy, whoever he is.😛

These Gundam spin-off would get to show up often in the early SRW's. But since Alpha 1 / A / Impact, they petered out... until GC brought them back for one last hurrah it seems.

From a gameplay perspective, SRW being what it is, I don't see some of these small-town heroes and their pretty standard-issues mechs holding up well against the Newtypes (or Kou, GP-03 is plenty good judging from AP) or the imposing Super IPs. -Unless you gave them one of those newfangled "sets strongest weapon to 6000 power" parts that 30 has.

So I get why these side-stories wouldn't show up anymore if they had simply no long-term viability, and Banpresto thought that more important than any narrative contributions they could make.

Indeed. The Apsalus I was the testing ground for the Minovsky Craft, so it had no weapons. Though it could attack via generating shockwaves by overloading the Minovsky Craft. Technically the first Mobile Armor was the Adzam, but it could not permanently fly.

I know I thank you a lot for all your explanations, but giving thanks is good when its warranted, so thank you again!😃

Indeed! Though I wonder if he was at least planned to be a protagonist in Alpha 2 already.

Ware Ibis, the Star of Magus (Filio)! *Zooms at mach ♾️ in a Machine Cell'ed Altairlion* There is nothing I cannot cut through!🌠

And good inquiry! Giving a teasing taste of a protagonist to come? Showing him a little favoritism? We can't say, though it'd be nice if they admitted/denied such.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The trick is to make sure you never have a 100% avoid rate

You might be joking - but yes, if you are going for an evasion tank, you have to make sure enemies don't have 0 hit on them

You also have to make sure the hit on them is not that high either (preferably below 20%) cuz 1RN