Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, will just do Scenario 17 and call it a day.

... BWAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, the Pretty Sally Anne thing will never stop being hilarious. XD

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

G-asp!

Or rather "WTF!" is how I felt at this. -Also "A snake got a portrait?".

A cobra, you say? Big foreshadowing for those who know... but then, at this point, they would already expect it.

Nubia, well I suppose you could've found a snake or two in that ancient kingdom.

Ah, they quickly said it. Alright then.

The cobra thing also happens in Alpha Gaiden. That's how Dekim Barton is killed. By the Nubia Connection sending one of their cobras.

Why would good guys employ a sniper?😕

Ask Excellen?

Daiohja is a three-pilot single-form Super, it can't split into its parts (nor Dancouga, but Daltanious can). Looks okay to me. "Tokuga" tipped me off, but the emblem (mon) of the historical Tokugawa clan on its chest says parody feudal Japan, and thus Edon is not from "Eden", but "Edo".

Will admit, didn't catch that.

Five motorbikes grow and become an unstoppable giant robot? There's a universe out there, somewhere, where BESPA leaves Zanscare and joins the Gale.

Not enough wheels, though.

GRWJD9-2024-01-20-15-53-03.png

Unexpected Christian representation.

I need to recheck again in which order the three -ger series are in chronology again...

Turn 3 and I have another shiny new ally! Sasuraiger!

And that rounds up the -ger trilogy.

A TRAIN?😲

Oooooooh. The vehicle form isn't mere utility like always, the vehicle is the true form!😇

Might Gaine be like... not that its train form is ever playable.

GRWJD9-2024-01-20-16-18-50.png

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha!🤣

I LOVE THE TRAIN!🤩 WHERE IS THE ANTI-SPIRAL!?!

This is meme material.

Just watch out for suplexing monks.

GRWJD9-2024-01-20-16-40-37.png

And Banpresto throwing a tiny, low-poly human model on top is also silly.😄

Hahaha. Well, in sprites it's also amusing when it happens.

Canadian, didn't realize those existed in mecha.

Neo Canada's Lumber Gundam in shambles.

Lumber_Gundam_a.gif

Issac speaks, Braiger baddie?

Ah, yes. Khamen Khamen... quite the character. Fun to fight against in Alpha Gaiden, but that may be me.

Braiger sounds the most like traditional for a mecha story, while Baxingar and Sasuraigar more heavily deviate from the "save the world from evil" mecha norm.

I can guess maybe that's why Braiger has showed up more often of the three.

Now, SRW has changed the Big Game from "Blue wins if he travel through 50 planets in one year" to "Blues wins if Edon continues to exist in peace and prosperity, Bloody God wins if Edon gets destroyed/thrown into turmoil and ruin". Bloody God is also interested in creating chaos for profits, but the Interstellar Alliance is too strong to mess with, so Earth is going to become his mercantile victim. I think is what this all means (I trimmed out a bunch here)?😅

That sounds like a meeting with Amandara to happen...

Honestly, it sounds like both Baxinger and Sasuraigar are flexible for SRW. They read like they should be easy to weave in, lacking conventional big bad empires to try fitting into the multi-license narrative (I have no idea what antagonists Baxinger even has). They sure look like they're being fitted into unusual spaces here.

I guess it the game covers more than just the Solar System. Not many SRW's leave the Solar System, as it were.

My eyes are beginning to ache now, too much SRW.😆

I guess it does happen, hahaha.

I got a Flight Module...

Oh, sneaky! Giving it to the Tuatha de Danaan makes its weapons S rank Air... but it doesn't give the ability to fly itself. I'm guessing it will be restricted to Space/Water terrain after all.

---

Ange fighting while having a cold ain't the same as Roy Focker fighting while drunk... but I'll take it.

And rounding up the SEED recruits of the route. The one and only, JESUS YAMATO... er, Kira Yamato has shown up at last!

CQB is a curious term to use for the Melee stat. It stands for what, Close-Quarters Battling? The first two are definitely right, I feel.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So from my understanding, SEED and SEED Destiny aligned story-wise with both TV seasons of Gundam 00, respectively. Unsurprisingly, it means both casts treat themselves as long-time colleagues.

Okay, route split over, time to return to Japan. Ah, seems Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3 have joined the other group... and even Tetsuya has reappeared. Will be interesting to hear his story. Hm? Tri Bomber is gone from the (re-)joining unit list. Ah! Sub-Orders have unlocked at last! This would've been useful to have earlier for the Score issues! My guess it was done on purpose.

I need to check if I could unlock the secret. Guess I'll do that and finally close the game.

Hmm, looks like unlike T, Sub-Orders can only be done by units you didn't deploy in the previous map. Well, a bit of a bummer for wanting to get Aces faster, but I guess it's still workable. Lucky me, since the other route units rejoined first, I can use them already for Sub-Orders.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know, if not for the fact we know have Home Bases, skirmishes, and the like, something like Sub-Orders would've been something FE should've done long before. Have your benchwarmers do something to contribute if you're not using them! On that subject, no wonder 30 lacked Sub-Orders. Why bother when now you can have skirmish maps and stuff.

Okay! Got the secret. A Secret Scenario, that is. Okay, gonna stop for today.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The cobra thing also happens in Alpha Gaiden. That's how Dekim Barton is killed. By the Nubia Connection sending one of their cobras.

Gundam Wing sounds like a good choice for this, the Gundam pilots doing some covert/special ops and all. I can see Duo or Trowa getting to work on tracing the assassin down.

Not enough wheels, though.

...You're absolutely right, my complete error.😆

Just watch out for suplexing monks.

At least this one isn't afraid of feathers.

Neo Canada's Lumber Gundam in shambles.

Lumber_Gundam_a.gif

My apologies to the giant lumberjack, may oil spew like maple syrup from its opponents in the Gundam Fight Ring.🇨🇦

Ah, yes. Khamen Khamen... quite the character.

You grow my curiosity by saying this.😛

That sounds like a meeting with Amandara to happen...

Major twist, they're the same person.

I guess it does happen, hahaha.

I have all the free time in the world, I complain of not playing other games enough. And SRW always leaves me wanting to see what happens next narratively, what new toy or upgrade to an existing toy is coming up. And I have little self-restraint.

...Maybe I'll play again tonight, but I'll save my writeup for tomorrow.😆

Oh, sneaky! Giving it to the Tuatha de Danaan makes its weapons S rank Air... but it doesn't give the ability to fly itself. I'm guessing it will be restricted to Space/Water terrain after all.

But if it can get into space, doesn't it have to fly? Don't tell me rocketing through the atmosphere and sustained horizontal aerial movement are different things.

CQB is a curious term to use for the Melee stat. It stands for what, Close-Quarters Battling? The first two are definitely right, I feel.

"Brawling" maybe? Feels like it should be Close-Quarters Combat, but then it should be CQC.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering ZZ missed out being in the Zverse, V would mark a long-needed return.

How did ZZ not show up in any of the Z games?😕

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think between its debut and V, SEED only missed out appearing in BX. X, T, and now 30 lacked SEED, so I guess it finally got some well earned rest.

With that new movie, that snooze might be short-lived? But there should be an entry or two more before it shows up.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

At last. It is finally over.

👏😃

Glad you got it behind you, whilst enjoying it all along the way.

Take your breather, though I know you've some concern(?) about when the next Project A will be announced.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gundam Wing sounds like a good choice for this, the Gundam pilots doing some covert/special ops and all. I can see Duo or Trowa getting to work on tracing the assassin down.

Could've happened if they hadn't been sent to the future not long after. Ffighting Shu at Dakar is just two maps after the Endless Waltz finale, which due to plot purposes, is happening in Kayes, Mali instead of Brussels. Then again, SRW tends to move it around since it's flexible enough. In A it was in Jaburo, as you saw.

My apologies to the giant lumberjack, may oil spew like maple syrup from its opponents in the Gundam Fight Ring.🇨🇦

I'm still waiting for our own Tequila Gundam to show up in SRW one of these days...

For that matter, Lumber Gundam hasn't showed up either.

You grow my curiosity by saying this.😛

Haha, you'll soon see.

Major twist, they're the same person.

I wouldn't put it past SRW to do.

I have all the free time in the world, I complain of not playing other games enough. And SRW always leaves me wanting to see what happens next narratively, what new toy or upgrade to an existing toy is coming up. And I have little self-restraint.

...Maybe I'll play again tonight, but I'll save my writeup for tomorrow.😆

Hahaha, well, for me I'm done for the day. Will resume tomorrow.

But if it can get into space, doesn't it have to fly? Don't tell me rocketing through the atmosphere and sustained horizontal aerial movement are different things.

Beats me! But as it is, it seems it can't be made to actually fly in an atmosphere.

"Brawling" maybe? Feels like it should be Close-Quarters Combat, but then it should be CQC.

I guess Brawling would be more fitting, yeah.

How did ZZ not show up in any of the Z games?😕

I'm not sure. I think I once heard that Judau's VA has strained his voice too much, due to voicing Franky from One Piece and all the yelling. The fact ZZ reappeared in the VTX trilogy could be he could still do Judau's voice fine... though I need to recall if he actually raises his voice much. I know the same issue happened for Domon in T. His VA just can't do the hot-blooded shouting as he used to, which is also why G Gundam also skipped out on many games. 30 would have ZZ missing again, though Judau's VA still showed up, as he voices Shinobu from Dancougar. Though I guess it was more doable for a DLC character with not as many lines.

Anyway, Z1 would use the Zeta Movie Trilogy and its plot, so little room for ZZ. There's not much difference from the TV series, other than Kamille avoids his brain-fry from Scirocco by default. People say this means ZZ can't happen, but I'm not entirely sure how that exactly works.

Even so, despite Z3 moving to using Unicorn, ZZ was still skipped, happening off-screen apparently. So throughout Z3 Judau is enjoying off-screen retirement in Jupiter I guess.

With that new movie, that snooze might be short-lived? But there should be an entry or two more before it shows up.

A new movie, huh.

*checks*

Development since 2006 and only releasing this year!? Okay, it says they stopped due to the main writer's health condition and production only began after his death in 2016. Man... oh, it releases in a week!? Wow!

Well, if 2024 still doesn't see a mainline SRW game, maybe for 2025 we could definitely have SEED Freedom in SRW. People long thought SRW would not debut a series until some time after it ends, but the very first SRW had F91 weeks after it released, so it's clear it never had that restriction.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Atelier Ryza 3 is a great sendoff:

I have a thing with Atelier games. I don't like finishing them. I can't fully explain why, I think it has to do with the vibes. I always find myself trying to prolong these games for some reason. With Atelier Ryza 3, that was multiplied to 100. Ok, between finishing my Zeldathon, Tears of the Kingdom, the trip to Spain i took, and finishing up the semester, along with work, it definitely took time out of me finishing this game. But it worked, because I didn't want to finish it. I'm still counting this game as a game i played in 2023 and it's going on the list but man, never before have i prolonged a game like this.

To kick things off, if i had a nickel for every 2023 game that is a sequel that reused the world map from it's predecessor while adding to it, i'd have three nickels, which isn't a lot, it's just weird it's happened thrice. Granted, unlike TotK and Spider-Man 2, the reused map isn't the "main" map if that makes sense, in fact it hardly matters this time.

I'm actually gonna start by listing some negatives first: while it's clear that Gust wanted the Secret trilogy to end with a bang, they banged too much, because the size of this game's areas isn't really justified. It's a technological achievement for the team for sure but by a certain point i was preferring the smaller maps. It didn't help that it's actually surprisingly easy to get lost in this game, in the sense that the navigation is pretty poor. I never had this problem with Atelier games before which is surprising to me that i'd encounter it here. I didn't have this problem with Xenoblade areas, which are still bigger than what's found here, so it leads me to believe that there's just something wrong with how Ryza 3 handled navigation.

Another negative i have with the game is the combat, specifically how enemies are handled. For some strange reason, enemies scale with your level so even in the starting area, you'll be coming across Lv.80 enemies eventually. Of course by that point in the game you'd have long snapped the game's balance in two but it's still just an odd decision. The Key system that is supposed to be central to the game (look at the title) is lame and undercooked and i barely used it except when I had to.

With these points, it seems like the game is a step back compared to it's predecessor and it some ways it still kinda is. In others, it's a great improvement. While navigation sucks, movement is actually pretty good, well as good as it can get for this sort of game. No longer do you have to stop in your tracks to gather items, you can just zoom around picking up everything and anything. How Ryza does this in heels i have no idea. You have different animal buddies you can ride. You can create wind surfing shoes that let you schmove down slopes. It's all pretty fun. The combat itself is mostly the same from Ryza 2 i think but it actually fixed my biggest problem i had in that game, the stun mechanics. In Ryza 2, whenever a boss would prep a big attack, you are given the opportunity to stun it by fulfilling certain conditions.....except it didn't matter anyways. Ryza 3 fixed this, i found myself stunning the bosses much more consistently by following the instructions.

The characters and story beats are also good. This game follows Lydie & Suelle in being a "trilogy ender" game that actually feels like it's ending the trilogy, as opposed to simply being a third game. Character arcs are wrapped up nicely and everyone is given a chance to shine despite the fact that there's 11 total party members, which isn't actually the highest number for an Atelier game but is a rather high number for all being part of the story. It was just really nice and pleasant to see. I'm truly gonna miss the Secret crew though i'm sure they'll be back in 2029 for the 10th anniversary of Ryza. My only complaint with the characters has less to do with them and moreso how character events are handled. This ties into my issues with the map but the character events feel "less accessible" than in previous games since they're no longer relegated to just the hub area.

The thing about this game's story and probably a big reason of why i held off on finishing it is because it hits pretty relevant right now. A subtle element to the narrative here is how growing up means that you'll be seeing your pals less often. It doesn't mean that you'll never see them again (though that might happen eventually) but the road of life often means going separate but connected paths. This probably would've hit even harder if i was a high schooler graduating but even as a 24 year old in college, i still strongly resonated with this. I hated school back in the day but i do find myself reminiscing on at least the simpler days back when the responsibilities were low and you could do relatively anything. Of course, despite it all, you still have to keep moving forward.

Music. Music in this game is still the good Gust stuff i know and love. Admittedly the battle themes are kinda lacking in this unfortunately but that's where good ol' "change BGM" came in. Final boss plays the game's main theme tho and that's based. Environmental themes are good, no issues there.

Once again, i am giving a game a higher score than i would've because the ending is very good. Love the ending. Even if i hate endings. I wish things didn't have to end. You know why Doctor Who is the greatest show ever? Cause it doesn't end, it just keeps on going and going and going, it is designed to not end. Endings suck.

.....nah but jokes aside, this game was the perfect sendoff for the Secret trilogy. And now we wait for the next Atelier game. Not the gacha shit, i mean the actual next Atelier game.

9/10

Screenshot_2024-01-20-23-39-45-42_40deb4

And there is is, every game i played in 2023 ranked.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Glad you got it behind you, whilst enjoying it all along the way.

I downloaded the DLC "post-game" story.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Take your breather, though I know you've some concern(?) about when the next Project A will be announced.

Surely they have to announce something this year.

That reminds me, we're probably due for a Direct next month.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Symbol of Chaos - Wikipedia

I always knew…after all these years. Now the naked truth stares me in the face, I see now that my efforts weren’t in vain.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-20_221210_vote8.c

I thought i missed just one day, turns out i missed two.

I've been so invested in arguing the bottom of the barrel, I almost forgot this is how normal ballots look like.

Will share mine when I return home and deliver the final vote.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been so invested in arguing the bottom of the barrel, I almost forgot this is how normal ballots look like.

Nah bro, clearly normal ballots look like this

Screenshot_20240120-221507.jpg?ex=65bf0b

I was a bit worried initially about the fact that you only ever control Jack in this game. Thought it might render the team irrelevant, that I'd be the only one ever doing things.

...Then I had a few fights with Jack alone. Tried to take on a generic group of critters, we'd been dispatching those all the way to the dwarf town we had to go to for our first assignment. But Jack alone got gnawed to hell and back by literal rats and I only survived with the skin of my teeth and no heals left. Turns out it hurts a lot to be the singular target of like 8 enemies. Yikes.

Anyway, the other thing that drew my attention about this game is the way it handles NPCs. They're all unique, and I'm pretty sure most of them are recruitable since there's like, 175 recruitable characters. Everyone has their own routines, too. In this dwarf town, for instance, the dwarves work at various points during the day, then move to the pub by night to have some well-earned ale break. They don't teleport either, they walk to the pub and you can see them on their way. It's a great system and I cannot imagine how much effort it took to do for almost 200 characters.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20240120-221507.jpg?ex=65bf0b

Is this Ippei's ballot?

Oh God I just realized. Earlier they were talking about the meaning of our brigade's name. The leader, Ganz, made some bullshit up about how it holds deep meaning for the strength and loyalty of our platoon and the subject was promptly dropped.

Suddenly I remembered my French. Our brigade is called the Rose Cochon. It means "pink pig" in French.

Amazing.

I found a ghost child. Just casually walking in a hallway of the castle.

I kicked her in the shin and her friend went to call the guards. Stupid kids. Welp, time to beat up a bunch my comrades for no reason.

CkR28EA.png

Also I started another playthrough of Cubivore, you should try it.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought i missed just one day, turns out i missed two.

Voting for Azura, nice. At present I'd rather vote for underappreciated characters and not vote for Azura myself until she has a chance of winning.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She looks so out of place. But, eh. I do rather like her, it's not like I'm voting someone I care absolutely nothing about.

I'm surprised you didn't vote for Lindon. I suppose there's only enough room on the ballot for one old person from Engage.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Eldigan's ballot sure looks strange, I assumed he would spare at least one vote for Lachesis.

34 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Voting for Azura, nice

I was there for her day one.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now that's an idea.

They regenerated.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Atelier Ryza 3 is a great sendoff:

I have a thing with Atelier games. I don't like finishing them. I can't fully explain why, I think it has to do with the vibes. I always find myself trying to prolong these games for some reason. With Atelier Ryza 3, that was multiplied to 100. Ok, between finishing my Zeldathon, Tears of the Kingdom, the trip to Spain i took, and finishing up the semester, along with work, it definitely took time out of me finishing this game. But it worked, because I didn't want to finish it. I'm still counting this game as a game i played in 2023 and it's going on the list but man, never before have i prolonged a game like this.

Get kinda sad when you do finish one?

You like the world and don’t want the magic to end. That’s a sign of the best games IMHO. That’s what FE7 did for me when first got into it