• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine going from FE4 to the FE4 remake.

...No, Berwick Saga.

Even if I don't play it immediately, once I play it I wanna be like

58kz5u.jpg

Y'know?

Besides, it'd be nice to play alongside everyone else here considering I've been late to all the other games.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Even if I don't play it immediately, once I play it I wanna be like

58kz5u.jpg

Y'know?

Aye, I know. I mean, to be honest, I'd find more value in a remake if it'd been like 10 years since I played the original. Doubt I'd be bothered to get the remake if I were in your shoes and had just played the original a few months ago. But that's just me.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Besides, it'd be nice to play alongside everyone else here considering I've been late to all the other games.

You folks knock yourselves out. I saw everything I wanted to see when I played the OG. FE4 with explorable hubs and no emulator speed-up sounds downright miserable lol

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You folks knock yourselves out. I saw everything I wanted to see when I played the OG. FE4 with explorable hubs and no emulator speed-up sounds downright miserable lol

Same. FE4 remake may be the first mainline FE I skip.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I saw everything I wanted to see when I played the OG. FE4 with explorable hubs and no emulator speed-up sounds downright miserable lol

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Same. FE4 remake may be the first mainline FE I skip.

me putting all the hopium stokes in unfaithful remake with good gameplay

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Put an Avatar character in there with no restrictions on pairing. I want to see the world burn.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hey, there's one thing that's going to be better: Skippable EP! Skippable arena too, probably. Now instead of wasting a bunch of time watching a battle that doesn't matter over and over until it's won, you can waste some time by only watching an intro and a loss animation over and over until you see a win animation instead.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Put an Avatar character in there with no restrictions on pairing. I want to see the world burn.

only if they get invited to the BBQ as well

But yes, watch the people dunk on every improvement the game has thanks to avatar :'D

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, there's one thing that's going to be better: Skippable EP! Skippable arena too, probably. Now instead of wasting a bunch of time watching a battle that doesn't matter over and over until it's won, you can waste some time by only watching an intro and a loss animation over and over until you see a win animation instead.

Series development

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But yes, watch the people dunk on every improvement the game has thanks to avatar :'D

What if it doesnt improve the game? Xd

QoL improvements alone will mean it'll almost certainly be a more pleasant playing experience.

On the other hand, there's the story additions. While it's a funny meme, I really don't think they'll add an avatar. I do, however, believe it's plausible that they'll make the story worse by mean of shitty-ass additions that add nothing and only cause problems. They managed with Gaiden, and Gaiden had one page of script per act.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do, however, believe it's plausible that they'll make the story worse by mean of shitty-ass additions that add nothing and only cause problem

Hmm

I don't think they can make it much worse tbh - FE4's story doesn't have alot going for it.

The only way i see them making it worse is if they decide to make Ishtar and/or Ponyhardt playable or something

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

QoL improvements alone will mean it'll almost certainly be a more pleasant playing experience.

On the other hand, there's the story additions. While it's a funny meme, I really don't think they'll add an avatar. I do, however, believe it's plausible that they'll make the story worse by mean of shitty-ass additions that add nothing and only cause problems. They managed with Gaiden, and Gaiden had one page of script per act.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

I don't think they can make it much worse tbh - FE4's story doesn't have alot going for it.

The only way i see them making it worse is if they decide to make Ishtar and/or Ponyhardt playable or something

I would like to see things get shown. FE4 is a very "tell not show" game.

I would like Loptyr and everything related for it to be evaporated from the story, but that ain't happening xD

I would like to see things get shown. FE4 is a very "tell not show" game.

*looks at 3H*

They didn't learn their lesson yet

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Avatar itself probably will not, but i am talking about people ignoring other improvements thanks to the avatar existing

"Improvements" is a very loose term. Lol

I think the question in this topic is who would get Genealogy Remake F(aithful)?

And the answer I would submit, is .

-I don't particularly love Genealogy, but I don't mind it terribly or anything. More FE is more FE, which is fine for me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Dang is the saving system in Radiata unforgiving. Got into the wrong battle, fudged the controls a bit when trying to heal and I fell. Boom, back to town.

...on the other hand, I took a bit shorter to get back to where I was than the first time around. So it wasn't quite so close to midnight. This led me to meet a different NPC and get a different quest to find his three piglets and (I'm assuming) recruit him.

EDIT: Oh and in a place I'd left behind before I died I found another path I didn't see before. This led me to another recruit. Noice! I suppose all's well that ends well.

Perhaps this is what they intended? I still feel the shouldn't have been so cruel with the saving though. At least, let me restart a battle from the beginning instead of just going back to the title screen lol. Still, minor flaw in the age of Console PCs.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm

Gaiden's story has almost nothing for it. They still somehow managed to fuck it up. Presentation drastically improved, of course, but the story itself? It trips over its own themes and drags Celica's dignity through the mud for Conrad's sake.

So no, I'm not all that confident if this remake is anything like that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gaiden's story has almost nothing for it. They still somehow managed to fuck it up. Presentation drastically improved, of course, but the story itself? It trips over its own themes and drags Celica's dignity through the mud for Conrad's sake.

So no, I'm not all that confident if this remake is anything like that.

Gaiden's story literally had almost nothing for it. A more apt example would be the Shadow Dragon/New Mystery additions. So instead of Ofiey and Lewyn being the advisor, it's now the Avatar.

Edited by Armagon

Oooooooooooohhh

Those pig statues I kept seeing around the world are warp points.

Okay, so this does alleviate the save issue a bit, since you don't have to trek all the way back to Radiata just to save every time. Still a bit stingy on that front, but eh. I'll take it.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gaiden's story literally had almost nothing for it. A more apt example would be the Shadow Dragon/New Mystery additions. So instead of Ofiey and Lewyn being the advisor, it's now the Avatar.

Wait, wait, avatar advisor? Shadow Dragon did not add an avatar, so that has nothing to do with anything. New Mystery did not replace the advisor, either, it just added a character that occasionally chimed in and received exposition. But Jagen was still the one that did the advising thing.

I really do not think they'll add an avatar, much less with such a big role as the advisor. The closest thing to an avatar advisor was Robin, and the "advisor" role is loosely used with them. In a remake? The only remake to add an avatar was NMotE and their role wasn't nearly that centralizing in the story.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The only remake to add an avatar was NMotE and their role wasn't nearly that centralizing in the story.

Ehh well New Mystery basically added an extra subplot with the league of assassins.

That said, adding new chapters is.....not something I can working without banishing the big maps into the void. So I think at most we'll just get scenes of stuff that happened off screen in the original.