Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Better than Time for L-Gaim? Maybe? -Who cares, wondrous theme for Mk. II.

Not a bad track either, heh.

Amandara then got aboard MY ship! Amu, Kyao, and Lilith didn't want him on. Amandara said he's just a merchant, and Diane from Dragonar said he can stay and even invited him to the residential block.😑 The merchant turned it down, he'd like to escape via the shuttle right away if things get dangerous. (Oh, if they knew what I knew you'd be DEAD right now!) 

It certainly makes one wonder on what further what-ifs could happen. Whether because you saw the original series, or seen it in a different SRW game. Certainly already knowing some things can put things into perspective.

Again, setup for what'll be one lategame rush of pure Pentagonan plot. (Which for the record will leave Nubia, Zarl-Robot Empires, Muge Empire, maybe Belzeb, and Gadisword left.)

Things finally close to wrapping up, huh. It's certainly been a long journey through the cosmos.

-THAT explains the Sasuraigar Canadian!😃

So the heroes managed to do something meaningful after all.😄

Yeah, I guess they still didn't wanted to have things end on a bad note. That said, why even have Khamen succeed in the first place? He still dies, but the fact his plan still comes to fruition was certainly quite the decision. I guess if they already had the sequels planned, and the peculiarity of the Solar System having a lot more planets, so might as well make it be the villain's plan for the novelty?

More than just a cool giant robot being cool by smashing things cooly?😜

-Any true mecha fan knows it's more than just about the steel giants blowing things up, that's only 60% of the glory of mecha -give or take ...30%?😆

...The Shinsengumi Bakumatsu period samurai thing that Wikipedia mentions you mean? Never actually heard of it before.

It's referring to the uprisings against the Tokuwaga Shogunate leading to the Meiji Restoration. As the Shinsengumi were special forces created by the Bakufu.

The aliens are an allegory for the US and Europe and their arrival to the Solar System being to Commodore Perry's arrival to Japan. The dissident planets being based on the rebel daimyo (Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa, etc.) that would support Meiji during the Boshin War.

As such, it's an interesting decision that Baxinger has the protagonists on the Bafuku's side.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Things finally close to wrapping up, huh. It's certainly been a long journey through the cosmos.

The days when I was fielding Ground Type GMs and feeling threatened by Zakus feels like another century.

But, I've enjoyed it every step of the way.☺️

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I guess they still didn't wanted to have things end on a bad note.

The writer sure wasn't Tomino on a black dog day.

BTW, bring back Braiger and pair it with GUNxSWORD. The cult of Comrade Comrade. Watch as two eccentric leaders eagerly embrace death as their ultimate goal.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's referring to the uprisings against the Tokuwaga Shogunate leading to the Meiji Restoration. As the Shinsengumi were special forces created by the Bakufu.

I just spent some time online reading about it myself.😆

Also, leaves me wondering- when did they decide on Daiohja? Probably after Baxinger, as something to anchor it to b/c using Earth wouldn't be viable? Still, an excellent choice.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The aliens are an allegory for the US and Europe and their arrival to the Solar System being to Commodore Perry's arrival to Japan. The dissident planets being based on the rebel daimyo (Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa, etc.) that would support Meiji during the Boshin War.

...That explains why they're called Anglais. Intentional as intentional gets.🇺🇸🇬🇧🇫🇷 And Tolsa was stated to be one of the dissident planets, close enough.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As such, it's an interesting decision that Baxinger has the protagonists on the Bafuku's side.

Seems like the Shinsegumi are very well-known/popular figures in Japanese history. The implications of siding with the Bakufu don't matter if something is awesome.

...And I find it amusing I only find out about this historical Japanese warrior group popular in the modern culture, via one heckuva cornucopia of a video game that features futuristic space bikers forming up into a giant robot inspired by them. But as one with a predilection for history, I will take this serendipitous discovery.🤣

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The days when I was fielding Ground Type GMs and feeling threatened by Zakus feels like another century.

But, I've enjoyed it every step of the way.☺️

Reminds me of this 4Koma, heh.

alpha44.jpg

The writer sure wasn't Tomino on a black dog day.

BTW, bring back Braiger and pair it with GUNxSWORD. The cult of Comrade Comrade. Watch as two eccentric leaders eagerly embrace death as their ultimate goal.

Hahahaha, now wouldn't that be something. But yeah, wish Braiger would show up again. Just three mainline appearances is so wasted. Though mostly because I can't get enouhg of Khamen Khamen, pft.

At the very least, their appearance in Alpha Gaiden was very interesting, as the Nubia Connection financed the Earth Cradle's completion after DC scrapped the project.

I just spent some time online reading about it myself.😆

Also, leaves me wondering- when did they decide on Daiohja? Probably after Baxinger, as something to anchor it to b/c using Earth wouldn't be viable? Still, an excellent choice.

It certainly feels Daiohja's inclusion went hand in hand with Baxinger's. Or maybe Daiohja was decided first? Who knows!

...That explains why they're called Anglais. Intentional as intentional gets.🇺🇸🇬🇧🇫🇷 And Tolsa was stated to be one of the dissident planets, close enough.

Yeah, they weren't being subtle there, as well the other names. At least for the aliens.

Seems like the Shinsegumi are very well-known/popular figures in Japanese history. The implications of siding with the Bakufu don't matter if something is awesome.

...And I find it amusing I only find out about this historical Japanese warrior group popular in the modern culture, via one heckuva cornucopia of a video game that features futuristic space bikers forming up into a giant robot inspired by them. But as one with a predilection for history, I will take this serendipitous discovery.🤣

In a way, more than ever they needed the Daiohja plot weld, so it would be more viable to support the establishment over the rebels.

Huh, that's interesting, heh. I had certainly heard of the Shinsengumi before, though I don't remember where exactly.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me of this 4Koma, heh.

alpha44.jpg

"Angel" tells me that's what the Eva baddies look like. Aerogaters you know I know. The combination can only mean Alpha 1. ...But the rest sadly escapes me. I lament my lack of mecha knowledge.😅

...The structuring of GC I think plays into that feeling. AP, J, 30, they were constantly rotating who you were fighting.

• Setting aside the plotless Combattler and near-plotless Dancouga, J storylines didn't begin concluding until scenarios 29-31- 'kaiser, FMP, HPZ. But the next to conclude don't happen until 40-41 with Voltes and G Gundam. Then 45 for Tekkaman Blade and killing Shapiro and mostly settling things with the Jovians. 48 ends Brain Powerd, 49 resolves Layzner, SEED, and Nadesico completely. Leaving the last three for the Fury.
    • At the very start, well it did go heavy on the Real narratives. Until the first route split -provided you go with the Nadesico and not the Archangel. Which I feel like J kinda had to, its best Super one was Tekkaman (tokusatsu counts as Super thematically IMO), and then Mazinkaiser and Zeorymer -two of which as I just said ended early. While G Gundam was underbaked and Com and Dan as I said don't and just barely exist.
  • AP gets Stardust Memory done by scenario 12, though its bad guys linger on. That's just a mini-UC Gundam storyline though. Scenario 26 out of 39 ends Dragonar and G Gundam, the very toss-in Endless Waltz is over the mission after that. 29-30 wipe out the Super quartet of Getter, Mazinger, Combattler, and Voltes. Nadesico, Daimos, and Grendizer end at 35. Leaving the last four missions for a rather-hasty rushing down of Gato, Haman, and Shadow-Mirror.
  • 30... the bloated SRW doesn't like ending storylines early I think?😅 The Second Coming of Zero in Chapter 4 leaves the Code Geass boy bound to the Nagid Shu Mane as a remnant in service to GUNxSword. And I recall Mazinger Infinity is over in Chapter 7. Combattler has no story, and Getter felt almost plotless/in subservience to GaoGaiGar too. Otherwise it's what, end of Chapter 8 out of 10 in a loooooooong game for anything else to conclude?

*Cough* The point being, GC begins with its heavy One-Year War focus, and then pivots to deep space, then down to Earth, and back to Earth orbit, and the distant cosmos again. It's not that there is no rotation, there obviously is in any SRW, yet it's significantly longer patches of a specific narrative or grouped narratives. It's not bad, but it is a different structuring than other SRWs (from my limited record of them, curse the language barrier!). And each different approach to organizing the myriad of intermixed preexisting narratives, expands the mind's ability to imagine ever further.🤓

Hahahaha, now wouldn't that be something. But yeah, wish Braiger would show up again. Just three mainline appearances is so wasted. Though mostly because I can't get enouhg of Khamen Khamen, pft.

I was flipping through Neo's OST. No Khamen Khamen in sight. "Is it post-script for Braiger? Can you possibly have Braiger without Khamen?" I wondered. 

Would be such a pity if it was. It's not impossible, G Gundam is post-script in Neo (hence only Domon and a few Gundam Heads due to surviving DG Cells he seeks to destroy -so I saw someone write online).

In a way, more than ever they needed the Daiohja plot weld, so it would be more viable to support the establishment over the rebels.

Difficult not to agree with that. The smile of a happy-go-lucky Prince who without a second thought will shout "Judgment!" as he strikes you down with a lightning sword, is hard to get dissidential I'm unilaterally inventing this word at.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

"Angel" tells me that's what the Eva baddies look like. Aerogaters you know I know. The combination can only mean Alpha 1. ...But the rest sadly escapes me. I lament my lack of mecha knowledge.😅

Yeah, it's an Alpha 1 4Koma.

Each Angel has a unique design. That one is Sachiel, the 3rd Angel, and the first one fought. The giant aliens are the Zentraedi/Zentrans from Macross. The space monsters are the STMC from Gunbuster. And the humans are the Titans. The guy in the background with the mech is Scirocco with The O.

...The structuring of GC I think plays into that feeling. AP, J, 30, they were constantly rotating who you were fighting.

• Setting aside the plotless Combattler and near-plotless Dancouga, J storylines didn't begin concluding until scenarios 29-31- 'kaiser, FMP, HPZ. But the next to conclude don't happen until 40-41 with Voltes and G Gundam. Then 45 for Tekkaman Blade and killing Shapiro and mostly settling things with the Jovians. 48 ends Brain Powerd, 49 resolves Layzner, SEED, and Nadesico completely. Leaving the last three for the Fury.
    • At the very start, well it did go heavy on the Real narratives. Until the first route split -provided you go with the Nadesico and not the Archangel. Which I feel like J kinda had to, its best Super one was Tekkaman (tokusatsu counts as Super thematically IMO), and then Mazinkaiser and Zeorymer -two of which as I just said ended early. While G Gundam was underbaked and Com and Dan as I said don't and just barely exist.
  • AP gets Stardust Memory done by scenario 12, though its bad guys linger on. That's just a mini-UC Gundam storyline though. Scenario 26 out of 39 ends Dragonar and G Gundam, the very toss-in Endless Waltz is over the mission after that. 29-30 wipe out the Super quartet of Getter, Mazinger, Combattler, and Voltes. Nadesico, Daimos, and Grendizer end at 35. Leaving the last four missions for a rather-hasty rushing down of Gato, Haman, and Shadow-Mirror.
  • 30... the bloated SRW doesn't like ending storylines early I think?😅 The Second Coming of Zero in Chapter 4 leaves the Code Geass boy bound to the Nagid Shu Mane as a remnant in service to GUNxSword. And I recall Mazinger Infinity is over in Chapter 7. Combattler has no story, and Getter felt almost plotless/in subservience to GaoGaiGar too. Otherwise it's what, end of Chapter 8 out of 10 in a loooooooong game for anything else to conclude?

*Cough* The point being, GC begins with its heavy One-Year War focus, and then pivots to deep space, then down to Earth, and back to Earth orbit, and the distant cosmos again. It's not that there is no rotation, there obviously is in any SRW, yet it's significantly longer patches of a specific narrative or grouped narratives. It's not bad, but it is a different structuring than other SRWs (from my limited record of them, curse the language barrier!). And each different approach to organizing the myriad of intermixed preexisting narratives, expands the mind's ability to imagine ever further.🤓

Yeah, it's interesting to see how the pacing is dealt with in SRW. Not a whole lot of times you see a story wrap up too early. I think one such case was in Alpha Gaiden, where Endless Waltz ends in Scenario 7. I feel this was done to have something more going on than just the Project Aegis related stuff. Since until you reach the Bad Future to have proper licence storylines, Alpha Gaiden's plot in the early maps is mostly original, barring the Endless Waltz stuff thrown in.

But yeah, with each game having a different cast each time, there's many ways to combine it. So SRW can keep itself fresh every time, even when reusing stuff.

I was flipping through Neo's OST. No Khamen Khamen in sight. "Is it post-script for Braiger?" I wondered. 

Would be such a pity if it was. It's not impossible, G Gundam is post-script in Neo (hence only Domon and a few Gundam Heads due to surviving DG Cells he seeks to destroy -so I saw someone write online).

Yeah, Braiger does seem to be post-script in NEO.

G Gundam seems it was just thrown in. NEO is the one Super Robot Wars that lives up to its name, by not having any Real Robot series show up at all. If not for G Gundam, then it would've been the first SRW to exclude Gundam. You'd think then it would have at least its storyline present... but nope, it's post-script and only Domon shows up. So even it's just the one Gundam.

Difficult not to agree with that. The smile of a happy-go-lucky Prince who without a second thought will shout "Judgment!" as he strikes you down with lightning sword, is hard to get dissidential I'm unilaterally inventing this word at.😄

Hehe, well, it works!

After all this Braiger talk, now I'm tempted to add it to my fan idea. It's not a hard fit, as there's nothing too specific to complicate its inclusion. If I keep Daimos in, I guess there could be some tie-in, due to the Jupiter stuff. Small Balm orbiting Jupiter would certainly be in for a rough ride if Khamen intends to detonate the gas giant...

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

More like one covers a difficult subject matter and the other covers a difficult subject matter but with some sick-ass gameplay.

That is far from absolutely necessary, though. I brought up before a few examples of games that do not have "sick-ass gameplay", or at least not what most would described as such. Again, not the medium's fault if (most) people are too afraid of people not "enjoying" their game to actually stick to their guns and do something different. And even then they exist. There's just not a lot of them because, once again, the medium is really young and it's still finding its footing.

You also spoke of price and length being an impediment, but like... AAAs don't take these risks with their games, it's almost always indies, often lasting only a few hours and costing less than a movie ticket. And let's not forget, lots of people already kick and scream if the movie lasts 2 hours or longer. The movie you mentioned before seemed to last over 3 hours, and already in my very short Google search I saw people claiming to have fallen asleep during it. People not wanting anything that isn't simple-minded enjoyment is not a thing exclusive to games. Not that I'm saying wanting "fun" entertainment is wrong, naturally, just in case it comes across that way.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good luck! -Not that you'll need it!😉

I'm going to have to do the double whammy of capturing Garos and Vengefulling Chaos again in chapter 3-main. Not to mention, max ranks means everyone promotes, so I have to get all of those horribly difficult promo thresholds in a single run.

You are quite wrong. I sure as hell am gonna need some luck. And/or patience.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's almost never a bad thing to not be able to wait on playing a game (provided your life is properly balanced on the whole), it means you reeeeeeally intend to enjoy it. If only we could be that way with every game we get.

If only.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I had a vision (read: dreamt) of 2Trailers of the FE4 remake

AMA

Did you blink and it turned out to be FE6 instead?

8 runs in and only now I'm discovering that, if you hire a character and then never deploy them in the chapter, they only ask for half the price to be hired for the next main mission. Which effectively means twice the happiness for the main mission price.

This game is so fucking good.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

G Gundam seems it was just thrown in. NEO is the one Super Robot Wars that lives up to its name, by not having any Real Robot series show up at all. If not for G Gundam, then it would've been the first SRW to exclude Gundam. You'd think then it would have at least its storyline present... but nope, it's post-script and only Domon shows up. So even it's just the one Gundam.

And they still threw it on the box art!

Super_Robot_Wars_NEO_Box_Art.jpg

-Although the SRW box is as often about good composition, as much as relevance. The Brai Cannon does look real good centered in the back. Plus the axe symmetry in the back and swords in the front. Feels like Raijin-Oh and Fire Liger(?) should've swapped positions, to make a prominent sword triangle and have the two fisty mechs create symmetry the midground. Perhaps symmetry ain't everything, however.

Going all-Super makes you think SRW would be free to fully embrace the cheesy shounen action of Mobile Fighter G Gundam....

1. The 2nd Super Robot Wars Gather
  2. Shin Super Robot Wars
  3. Super Robot Wars F + F Final
  4. Super Robot Wars 64
  5. Super Robot Wars A(Portable)
  6. Super Robot Wars Impact
  7. Super Robot Wars R
  8. Super Robot Wars MX
  9. Super Robot Wars J
  10. Super Robot Wars Neo

-But then, it ain't like G Gundam was lacking for appearances. I get why they'd post-script it.

Supposedly, Domon does serve as something of a veteran among the heroes of the Ionia because of this. Although I haven't a clue if that means he's now calm and sagacious, would be subtly memorable if he was.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think one such case was in Alpha Gaiden, where Endless Waltz ends in Scenario 7. I feel this was done to have something more going on than just the Project Aegis related stuff. Since until you reach the Bad Future to have proper licence storylines, Alpha Gaiden's plot in the early maps is mostly original, barring the Endless Waltz stuff thrown in.

And here I thought that began the story, no playable scenarios before it happened. Thank you for the clarification.😀

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm going to have to do the double whammy of capturing Garos and Vengefulling Chaos again in chapter 3-main. Not to mention, max ranks means everyone promotes, so I have to get all of those horribly difficult promo thresholds in a single run.

You are quite wrong. I sure as hell am gonna need some luck. And/or patience.

Oh. I didn't notice that before.😅

I'll keep your room clean at the insane asylum.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I had a vision (read: dreamt) of 2Trailers of the FE4 remake

AMA

What is just one giant Jugdral map with hundreds of units and turns that took hours because of it?

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And they still threw it on the box art!

Super_Robot_Wars_NEO_Box_Art.jpg

-Although the SRW box is as often about good composition, as much as relevance. The Brai Cannon does look real good centered in the back. Plus the axe symmetry in the back and swords in the front. Feels like Raijin-Oh and Fire Liger(?) should've swapped positions, to make a prominent sword triangle and have the two fisty mechs create symmetry the midground. Perhaps symmetry ain't everything, however.

One thing I like of the VTX trilogy is that, while the regular box arts are still like that, the special editions had the mechs arranged as the letters.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/main00.jpg

V shaped! Though Yamato breaks formation to still stand front and center.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/srwxpremium.bmp

X shaped! With, again, the Nautilus out of formation.

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/srwtpremium.png

T... seems it broke the pattern. Huh, why not arranged in a T-shaped formation?

Going all-Super makes you think SRW would be free to fully embrace the cheesy shounen action of Mobile Fighter G Gundam....

1. The 2nd Super Robot Wars Gather
  2. Shin Super Robot Wars
  3. Super Robot Wars F + F Final
  4. Super Robot Wars 64
  5. Super Robot Wars A(Portable)
  6. Super Robot Wars Impact
  7. Super Robot Wars R
  8. Super Robot Wars MX
  9. Super Robot Wars J
  10. Super Robot Wars Neo

-But then, it ain't like G Gundam was lacking for appearances. I get why they'd post-script it.

Well, it's hard to say what makes a series become post-script or not. But it seems G Gundam was indeed in a post-script phase. R and MX were also post-script, while J only used parts, ending at Lantau instead of going all the way to the end. But also it seems arbitrary. Like, Combattler spent a long time unused between L and 30 (not counting the mobile games), but in both it was post-script (DD, at least, is using its storyline). Mightgaine is in the full VTX trilogy, but it seems by T they were already making it post-script. Even classic Mazinger got hit with this eventually, as Z, K, and NEO, its last appearances, it was post-script.

Supposedly, Domon does serve as something of a veteran among the heroes of the Ionia because of this. Although I haven't a clue if that means he's now calm and sagacious, would be subtly memorable if he was.

Well, at least he got this?

Well, T made it so the entire Shuffle Alliance were plagued with dealing with new emotional struggles. Likely to justify not having the Super Modes for how early they join. I've also noticed in V how Shinn doesn't have his SEED skill unlocked, unlike Kira and Athrun, despite SEED Destiny being post-script. Maybe NEO does this too or not with Domon, but it is a standard procedure for post-script series, or when it's a sequel. Alpha 3, for example, has both Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter playable in the early game... but then something happens to both that sends them for repairs/maintenance, thus you get downgraded to regular Z and Getter G until you get them back.

And here I thought that began the story, no playable scenarios before it happened. Thank you for the clarification.😀

Heh, yeah, they need to set-up the whole thing! Would be quite out of left field if the game had begun in the bad future... well, it could work, I guess. It would keep how they got there a mystery (or not, since the characters could still bring it up), but I think it was better to actually see it and play through it.

Wait wait wait... they're airing Gundam the Witch from Mercury here!? Debuting on the 16th!? Oh man, it's a must watch!

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/srwxpremium.bmp

X shaped! With, again, the Nautilus out of formation

Striking!😄

Well, it's hard to say what makes a series become post-script or not. But it seems G Gundam was indeed in a post-script phase. R and MX were also post-script, while J only used parts, ending at Lantau instead of going all the way to the end. But also it seems arbitrary. Like, Combattler spent a long time unused between L and 30 (not counting the mobile games), but in both it was post-script (DD, at least, is using its storyline). Mightgaine is in the full VTX trilogy, but it seems by T they were already making it post-script. Even classic Mazinger got hit with this eventually, as Z, K, and NEO, its last appearances, it was post-script.

Now that sounds kinda sad. For MX at least. For R, well it'd be hard to top A when it came to carrying out G Gundam's plot, without actually including Gundam fights and the kaleidoscope of Neo Country space colonies.

And yeah, Combattler should've had something narratively in 30. The Campbellians a subservient role to the Wulgaru (other aliens, Real, but not "too Real" like L-Gaim) could've even sufficed.

Mazinger Z being post-script in K, that's odd. Although not as odd as the choice to ditch not only Mazinkaiser, but Great Mazinger. Thought it would've been some kind of return to the origin of Mazinger, no later add-ons or editions whatsoever. For NEO, well you couldn't have SRW without MaZ, especially NEO as MaZ is the First Super Robot Tetsu 28 and Giant aside. Yet I understand leaving 50-something (nonliterally) daddy Mazinger in the background to focus on the more exotic 7 Super stories that hadn't been told in SRW before -and barring the peculiar Operation Extend (and Cross-Omega or DD)- since. And what the heck is New Getter Robo and why only NEO for that?

Thank you for the information, as always!😀

Heh, yeah, they need to set-up the whole thing! Would be quite out of left field if the game had begun in the bad future... well, it could work, I guess.

I had some vague notion in my head of it all starting with one IP or batch heroes that was ripped out of the world it/they knew, lost and adrift in a place it/they can no longer recognize.

-Cue a skirmish against unrelated-to-them enemies, with allied reinforcements of the same IP (or allied to it) as the bad guys. Something like that could work? Basically a slightly-grim isekai start?

Now that sounds kinda sad. For MX at least. For R, well it'd be hard to top A when it came to carrying out G Gundam's plot, without actually including Gundam fights and the kaleidoscope of Neo Country space colonies.

G Gundam seems to be this in SRW. 2G, Shin, and F/FF also only stopped at Lantau. Well, F/FF did included the "Rain gets taken over by the Devil Gundam" bit, but there was no Devil (*insert space body of choice here*). Just the Devil Gundam itself running around. Well, Shin kinda did used that part too, but with Layzner's Gostero on La Vie en Rose and no Ulube in sight, I think. 64 did used the full storyline, just subbing Neo Japan with Axis. Impact also got to use it to the end. A as you saw had Wong instead of Ulube.

Even so, G Gundam still got something going on even when post-script. R, MX, and T have the Devil Gundam come back and playing some additional role. I think MX also had Ulube come back to life, as Master Asia does in R and T.

And yeah, Combattler should've had something narratively in 30. The Campbellians a subservient role to the Wulgaru (other aliens, Real, but not "too Real" like L-Gaim) could've even sufficed.

Yeah, this was a big waste. It's like they thought DD was enough to bring back the storyline, so 30 only got the bare minimum.

Mazinger Z being post-script in K, that's odd. Although not as odd as the choice to ditch not only Mazinkaiser, but Great Mazinger. Thought it would've been some kind of return to the origin of Mazinger, no later add-ons or editions whatsoever. For NEO, well you couldn't have SRW without MaZ, especially as it's the First Super Robot Tetsu 28 and Giant aside. Yet I understand leaving 50-something (nonliterally) daddy Mazinger in the background to focus on the more exotic 7 Super stories that hadn't been told in SRW before -and barring the peculiar Operation Extend (and Cross-Omega or DD)- since. And what the heck is New Getter Robo and why only NEO for that?

I guess they were already giving it a send-off. K not using Great Mazinger was also curious, but maybe it's as you said. Just the good old Z. NEO could've used Mazinkaiser, but I guess they wanted one final voiced appearance? Since K was voice-less. So one last time to hear Koji's original VA in SRW. At least, as Koji.

That seems to be the curious thing. Just about every reused series in NEO is post-script, except for Raijin-oh, and likely since NEO uses the entire franchise. Not unlike GC doing it for the J9 trilogy.

Hahaha, New Getter Robo does seem to be so out of place there, eh? XD

Thank you for the information, as always!😀

No problem! As always, always love to talk about it!

I had some vague notion in my head of it all starting with one IP or batch heroes that was ripped out of the world it/they knew, lost and adrift in a place it/they can no longer recognize.

-Cue a skirmish against unrelated-to-them enemies, with allied reinforcements of the same IP (or allied to it) as the bad guys. Something like that could work? Basically a slightly-grim isekai start?

Well, Alpha Gaiden still has that, I believe. Though the focus is a bit limited, since the characters slowly rejoin throught the game. It begins with Tetsuya and Jun, then shortly after Boss, then the Voltes team, and so on.

Having Tetsuya and Jun be the focus characters on the "must find out where we are and reunite with everyone else" is a curious decision, but as I think I mentioned before, Alphaverse seems to treat Tetsuya with a bigger focus for some reason. He even got to star in an official(?) short manga taking place during Alpha 1, before he joins the group. That manga is also interesting since Sanger and Fau Egret also have appearances there.

Okay, time for SRW V Scenario 25.

The group is now on Earth. It's quite a bit of an eerie sight to the see the red lifeless oceans. Our enemy to fight is... the Federation. They want to integrate Londo Bell and Mithril to their forces to exterminate Neo Zeon for good... and they'll do it by force if needed. To spice things up, they sent the G-Hounds, composed of many former Titans... with Buran, Jerid, and Yazan among them. Same situation as Rakan I guess. Still alive (well, Yazan was still alive in UC Gundam canon) to pad out the boss roster, and not have Z and ZZ to be here just 'cause. Well, ZZ at least could have ties with Unicorn, but still. And then Neo Zeon - Gamillas crash in to turn it into a three-way battle. Fun. They also have Amalgan forces among them, including... Gauron!? He's alive? I know FMP in V uses the plot of the light novel, but I don't know if Gauron here is meant to show up, or if he's in the same boat as Rakan, Jerid, et al. Well... let's go!

Hoo, boy. Okay, here we go. 3-main. Let's see how how beating Chaos goes this time. This time I had the good sense to plan for this, so Dean is buffed by food and has the best axe money can buy by chapter 3 (which is to say, not very good but it'll do).

Okay, this stage has more point-related secrets. More Marida points to start with. Ple or Ple Two must fight Marida for three points. Well, it's kinda obvious why if you know. Banagher and Judau doing the same give one point each. You only need six Marida points to get both secrets tied to them, and this route split alone can give you up to eight. So as I said before, these give you plenty of wiggle room.

There's also Titans Points to obtain. One each for defeating Jerid and Yazan with one of Amuro, Banahger, Judau, or Hathaway, for two points total. You need three Titans Points at the most, since there's actually two moments where the game checks for the secret. The first only requires two points but is route split dependent and thus missable, and the second one requires all three points and you encounter it no matter what. The fact we can get two here is already quite a generous amount to throw at you at once. So if you choose the route with the first check, then you'd be set. Thus, these points also have wiggle room for failures, if not as much as Marida's.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What is just one giant Jugdral map with hundreds of units and turns that took hours because of it?

No xD

Although giant maps are still there - however the game played considerably faster then OG FE4, and was more engaging and interactive as well!

Funny memes aside, I do feel the actual remake might just have the blocks of enemies move in unison if there's not anything else they can do, like attacking someone. That way it will make it all go faster. It's not like you can't check once it's your turn again, so might as well.

GFLtxf7XIAAucF-.png?ex=65d034a4&is=65bdb

This was unironically used as a negative in a P3R review, you cannot make this shit up bruh. 

Like yeah, no shit it's not Persona 5 bro. It's called "Persona 3 Reload".

That's it. I'm going back in time to make this series tank so hard it stops Persona 5 from ever being made and preventing dumbass takes like this from being used unironically

giphy.gif?ex=65ce7821&is=65bc0321&hm=5af

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAs don't take these risks with their games

They used to tbh.

Hmm, the way the enemies are positioned, some Neo Zeon grunts started attacking Jerid. Well, I'm not worried on they defeating him. Fortunately Marida seems to be making a beeline to us, instead of attacking him.