Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

So, next comes.. another route split! The group will attempt to return to the AD Dimension. However, not everyone is going. Simply put, only those who originated from the AD Dimension are returning. Since there's Gamillas and Jupiter Empire presence in the UC Dimension, the NCC Dimension people are staying. As such, it goes as following:

Stay in UC Dimension: UC Gundam (including Crossbone), Getter Robo Armageddon, Shin Mazinger, Full Metal Panic!, Rebuild of Evangelion, and Space Battleship Yamato
Head to AD Dimension: Zambot 3, Daitarn 3, Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer, Might Gaine, Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness, and Cross Ange

For this one, I'll choose to say in UC Dimension. It contains secret-unlocking steps I need to take since I took the Contact Londo Bell route. The AD Dimension route, in contrast, has a single standalone secret, which I'll do for my second playthrough.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, Scenario 28 time. Seems this is where Leonard Testarossa finally makes his entrance. So for now it's just Sosuke against Amalgam mooks.

Now that Jim Carrey is confirmed to be returning in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, I'm looking forward to seeing his take on the scene where Eggman blows up the moon (not the meme). Incidentally, this is also the first time Carrey is playing a character three times.

It turns out Space Jam 2 was supposed to get a Pokémon scene.

The Pokémon executives liked it but it was cut for unrelated reasons.

On 2/3/2024 at 1:12 PM, Armagon said:

This was unironically used as a negative in a P3R review, you cannot make this shit up bruh. 

They should've made a legitimate criticism like "it's not Xenoblade" or "it's not Trails of Cold Steel".

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, we now have Shinji versus Sachiel, the Thir... er, Fourth Angel. Rebuild added one new Angel before Sachiel. Why? I don't remember. So now the Angel numbers are +1 in Rebuild.

It's a good question. The (new) Third Angel showed up in the second movie, but it's not really clear what Rebuild's First Angel is despite the last film releasing years ago (there are four Adams, and Kaworu claims to be the First and Thirteenth Angel). Rebuild's Eleventh Angel never shows up either and was apparently defeated offscreen.

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And here I thought having no idea whatsoever of what it was, that each Rebuild of Evangelion movie represented its own separate and complete remake of the original anime, each going in a different direction. Not a single narrative, but maximizing milking of a much-famed anime name. -I'm not being cynical when I say this.😀

No, that's what the mangas are for. Aside from having the same characters, most of them have nothing to do with Evangelion's plot.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That was a lot of game devs at the time tbf. It was this brand new field.

Looking a few things up...

• Miyamoto was 25 when he joined Nintendo in 1977, and 29 when he made Donkey Kong
  • Tomohiro Nishikado made Space Invaders when he was was 34 (in 1978), though he made games for Taito starting from 1972
  • Toru Iwatani was 25 when he made Pac-Man
  • Sakurai was 22 when Kirby's Dream Land released in 1992

Shoutout to Yuka Tsujiyoko, who made all the music in the first few FE games and is still credited as sound supervisor as of Engage.

On the subject, I'm pretty sure Shisegato Itio was already 40 when he made Mother/EarthboundBeginnings.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's a good question. The (new) Third Angel showed up in the second movie, but it's not really clear what Rebuild's First Angel is despite the last film releasing years ago (there are four Adams, and Kaworu claims to be the First and Thirteenth Angel). Rebuild's Eleventh Angel never shows up either and was apparently defeated offscreen.

Yeah, I'm not surprised to see they... changed it up. A lot.

---

Okay, after a while, Gamillas-JupiterEmpire forces show up, but so does the party. Melda is among the enemy forces, and the second and last step for the secret involving her happens here. She must be defeated by Akira, who auto-deploys in the Cosmo Zero. I think this is the only time both the Yamato and Cosmo Zero are playable at the same time.

And... turns out, Kalinin had been an Amalgam spy all along, and is now taking Kaname by force to Amalgam. Leonard has also taken to the field in the Belial. For once, the objective isn't to rout or defeat boss... well, it's that, but the stage also ends within four turns of Leonard's deployment.

Okay, shot down Melda with Akira. Secret obtained! This is also tied to the secret that requires getting Okita to Ace. But, it's an either-of. So having done this, I no longer need to get Okita to Ace. Not that it's not going to happen, but now I don't feel pressured to do it anymore. This is why I took this route split for the first paythrough.

Geeze, the Belial sure means business. It doesn't have much HP, but its armor is insane. Or is it a byproduct of its Lamba Driver? Probably both. Then naturally, defeating it just has Leonard recover its HP partly, and proceeds to cutscene destroy the Arbalest. Sosuke survives... but is critically injured. Being so close to death is what prompts Kaname to fully surrender and leave with Leonard to Amalgam. Damn.

The silver lining is that Melda now joins the party. Like Bonta-kun, she joins regardless, but the secret is to get her to join much earlier.

Hm? Interesting. The scenario ends with a scene at Leonard's hideout, where he's approached by Embryo offering a partnership... oh! I remembered! That's why I thought Cross Ange was in the UC Dimension. Because of the Leonard and Embryo team-up! Though it's worth pointing out Embryo is in the UC Dimension too right now...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, Scenario 29.

With Melda in custody, she reveals the Gamillas only allied with Neo Zeon out of convenience of supplies. Also that they aim to capture the Yamato to use its WMG to open a dimensional rift back home. There's also a scene at Bardos Island, where Dr. Hell has something up his sleeve, and it's now Brocken who will fight against the party. Ashura seems to be sensing something. Hmm...

By the way, even if we had unlocked Bonta-kun early, Sosuke is still injured, so can't deploy him anyway. Also lol, Melda is shocked to see Brocken and his severed head.

This stage has a secret exclusive to the route. This map actually is Koji's hometown, and there is even a house named Kabuto Residence. There's also the Kurogane Spa, which if Boss moves onto one of its tiles, we can get a Super Alloy Z. Nice.

And finally! Can use the Tuatha again...

As it turns out, Dr. Hell's trump card are... Metal Beasts! But also a couple Dragons show up, not warp in, which seems to make the party realize the dragons could be actually native to the UC Dimension. Also... WTF, they can neutralize Getter Rays!? They're not on Brocken's side, but it seems they are gunning for the Shin Getter.

Alright, got the Super Allow Z. Seems the Shin Getter will have a weapon power debuff for the rest of the map, even with the dragons exterminated. Okay, Chitose and Okita became Aces.

With routing the enemy, there's one final match between Brocken and the Getter Team, who overcome the problem and unlock the... STONAAAAAH SUUUUUUNSHINE.

Though Brocken still gets away. Also, it seems this draws in more dragons. So they are definitely after the Getter Rays. The debuff is gone, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, the ending scenes sure are ominous. First Tetsuya approaches Gou and telling him he needs his help. Then Ashura seems to have remembered something; a mission they're meant to do. Hmm...

Okay, that's enough for today. Tomorrow I am free from work. Maybe I can also play some more.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Episode 51

Spoiler

Gameplay Consideration

After seeing Sieg's success...

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-14-55.png

Hmm… That base Mobility.

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-15-30.png

I go for it.

For the generic FUB (no unique ones here), while it’s rather stupid to pick b/c S Air & Space already, I take the S terrain ranks one. I like the universal Ss, and for the other stats to end in 0. I replace the Booster I gave Soul Saber eons ago with a Mega Generator, and leave on a Mega EN Chip for -20% EN costs (which stacks with the -10% of the Skill Ace Bonus) in the second part slot. (Almost all “lead” units minus Layzner Mk. II have two parts slots, no more no less.)

The Gunner Fast frame setup is also tied for the strongest Super Soul Saber ultimate attack, with the most range too. I lose the Dread Formation MAP of the GG frame, but I don't use MAPs very much in GC.

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-43-17.png

Results ain’t bad for a no-Focus L-sized unit. Another enemy grunt had a 0% hit rate, so even better possibly. Turns out Aussenseiter isn’t the only L-sized Super who can reliably dodge.

Story:

• To begin…
    • The L-Gaim crew assure each other that Pentagona will be fine under the Rebel Army’s protection as they leave as part of the White Base Corps for their next deep space destination.
    • The girl Sanae of Daltanious asks Professor Arle if there is no possibility of negotiating with the Zarl Empire. He affirms that there isn’t, not as long as Emperor Dormen lives, he has annihilated entire peoples and their planets opposed to him in the past. Dormen will also turn on his allies in the Interstellar Alliance if it wins, very evil and expansionist.
  • On the bridge, Bright and Quattro begin discussing the creation of a powerful organization with plenty of troops to protect “this vast space sector”, presumably the area of the entire Interstellar Alliance. (Feels like this came out of the blue.)
    • To do this, they need to find individuals able to act as a unifying force and make them the center of said organization.
    • Arle then mentions a “Mr. Gascon”, whom he claims having “would be like gaining the power of a million soldiers”. The Baxinger, Sasuraiger, and Daiohja characters show familiarity with the “Galactic Tiger” (but no, he isn’t J9, he’s Daltanious in origin it turns out). He has a reputation of elusive roaming around however.
      • Heads up- this episode is titled “Gascon, the Galactic Tiger”.
  • The heroes cross the boundary into Gradosian space, though the planet is nowhere in sight. They’re confronted with equal parts Terminator Police and Bemborgs, routine surveillance units.
    • Smashing these bots should get the attention of actual Gradosians on patrol, with whom negotiations will be possible. So we get to making scrap metal.
    • The two Mazingers and Getter join Daltanious in being mandatory deployments, very weird for their stories being long over. I show caution with using them here, just so I don’t them stuck in a hairy situation when plot unfolds.
      • Those three force deployments lead me to bring zero Repair units here, and even then I have to leave Raijin-Oh on the bench. Slightly worrisome, but the battleship is always there, dodgetanks don’t get hit very often if ever, and there ought to be more Trust and Friendship/Faith and Guts around than I’ll ever use at this point.

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-30-43.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-30-45.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-30-51.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-30-54.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-31-02.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-31-03.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-31-04.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-16-31-07.png

I abridged this exchange, I think this gets its essence across.

• Initial enemies destroyed, a Gradosian border patrol battleship shows up and demands submission to an investigation. Eiji announces who he is, gets called a traitor, which he sorta is.
    • Eiji, Alan, and Arle try to tell the Gradosian officer they have come for peaceful discussions. One of the Gradosian grunts to the Gradosian officer says maybe they talk to headquarters about this.
  • Then, Gascon shows up in the southwest, declares himself allied to the Zarl Empire and Supreme Commander Kloppen specifically, and accuses the Earthlings and others are here to get revenge for the Earth invasion.
    • The very talkative generic Gradosian officer uses Gascon’s claims to justify his natural inclination to launch more Terminator Police. The battle continues.
      • No manned SPTs. The Dtols and Gunstaids used during the OVA stuff on Earth not suited for space combat?
      • -I do wish there was a little more enemy grunt variety in this game, but 3D models means it can’t recycle sprites from prior games. The models probably take more work to make too.
        • Gundam has plenty of cannon fodder variety, almost everything else could've benefit from at least one more, if feasible for the license.
    • The heroes can’t believe the Gascon that Professor Arle and others praised is acting like this, to put it mildly.
  • There is a red flag I notice with Gascon, I can’t access the Character Database with him. In A Portable, this happened with Duke Fleed -the imposter who showed up one chapter before the real Space Thunder! man joined. It supports my already-strong suspicion.
    • “Gascon’s” unit, which unlike the fake Grendizer (and Daitarn-3 copies used in the Meganoid final battle) does have a Robot Database article, has 50k HP. Bulky but nothing new. “Gascon” retreats according to some plan he says to himself.
  • With all enemies eliminated, another Gradosian battleship with TPs arrives in the southeast, the White Base and Gandor can’t escape from here as SPTs are too fast.
  • One turn after this second group of Gradosian reinforcements, in the northeast corner, Gascon shows up. Yep, right away it’s easy to tell, I just fought a faker.
  • Unfortunately, the heroes don’t realize this, an angry misunderstanding unfolds. The real Gascon tries bring the battle to a stop, but his initial goodwill goes away when Kento attacks him. Their back-and-forth gets partly voiced.

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-17-42-39.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-17-42-44.png

…That comeback is fire.🔥

• This Gascon has only 9k HP, yep, proof of truth.
    • His Database entry does say a Zarl scheme led him to accidentally fight Kento before joining him. So this looks scenario to be totally in line with Future Robo Daltanious.
    • I crush the Gradosians first, then and I merely injure Gascon.
  • Kloppen then shows up in the northwest and the Fake Gascon now properly labeled shows up to the southwest again. Kloppen gave the true Gascon information about where the White Base Corps was in order to destroy both him and the WBC.
  • The imposter attacks, badly damaging Daltanious, Gascon takes both of them back to the allied ship for repairs. The counterfeit takes aim at them, but Kouji, Tetsuya and Gou rush over and surround the doppelgänger trying to steal the real one’s legendary reputation. Back to battle.
    • I was going to send Dancouga to help, but the Mazingers and Getter were able to solo the six Bemborgs and Fake Gascon. One Valor’ed Final Dynamic Special did 22k to the identity thief. And that’s without upgrading any of these units.
    • Kloppen’s Deathtark has 80k HP, a very popular number as of late. He drops the first and perhaps only S-Adapter in the game, I was waiting for it.
    • Kloppen retreats, his plan having done the opposite of what was intended, making Gascon another steel giant in the WBC.
  • Bright gives the order to pull out of this zone now, before another Gradosian squad of three battleships arrives. They’re too late and more do, but he orders full speed anyhow. This third Gradosian officer is told by his inferior they can’t spare troops to pursuit, however.
    • Then, three more Gradosian ships show up, but…
Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-18-40-38.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-04-18-40-33.png

You took the words out of my mouth Albatro Null Eiji Asuka.

I did see 64 has Gale recruitable despite using the OVA. So this isn’t a first for SRW.

• The Gradosian officer accuses Gale of being part of the “opposition faction”. Gales declares the Interstellar Alliance and invading other territories is not justice, and many soldiers are tired of war.
  • The generic officer tries ignoring Gale and orders an attack on the White Base Corps. Gale says he’ll give his fellow Gradosians a fight, and summons another four battleships allied to his cause. 3 vs. 7, the pro-war party retreats.
  • The WBC begins getting friendly calls from the Gradosians still present, some overheard the intra-Gradosian conversation. A dead man saved the day for the heroes.
  • Gale boards the White Base. No Greimkaiser, unfortunately, Gale is going to be fighting in the trenches called politics.
    • Long wars have exhausted Grados internally, the amount of people calling for the end to war has been gradually increasing.
    • Gale is part of an organization working towards peace, he’ll do the job that Bright and Quattro had described before. Cutting Gradosian ties with the Interstellar Alliance will be a challenge, but he’ll do it.
  • Gale also brings a disc containing the data in a bunch of Asuka family old documents he found on incomprehensible ancient Gradosian technology to Akimi and Fairey. This hould help with their understanding of C.U.B.E..
    • As of right now, Fairey doesn’t understand it enough to use the C.U.B.E. Engine in Super Soul Saber to warp with it alone.
      • The heroes can’t actually get back to Earth right now. They only got here because they used the C.U.B.E. in conjunction with the Seal of Grados.
  • Lastly on Mr. Ahmos- he wants the White Base Corps to attack the Zarl Empire directly.
    • If Zarl falls, the Interstellar Alliance will be weakened to the point it will be an alliance in name only. The government of Grados will have no choice but to leave it.
    • Luckily Gale knows of an abandoned Station Satellite nearby, take a secret route Gale knows to it, and we’ll be in Zarl in one, two, three!

GRWJD9-2024-02-04-18-44-28.png

I like the look on Eiji’s face here. His best friend is miraculously alive, his life is pretty good, considering the circumstances in the cosmos right now.

• Finally, Gascon joins. Kento expectedly really likes the carefree guy and they, Gou says he has even more guts than him they all laugh a brazen warriors’ laugh together. Hayato calls Gascon another idiot.
    • Gascon, piloting the very pragmatically-named Gascon’s Robo, is outright weak. A single-pilot Super with lackluster stats and weaponry, especially for joining so darned late. I don’t mind at all having him along for the ride though.

Fighting the Zarl Empire has happened fairly frequently in SRW GC. But what has been quite rare, is almost anything I could call a genuine Future Robo Daltanious SRW-adapted scene. So, as late as this was, I have some appreciation for it.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

will say

Tropical freeze is so much more fun in single player than multiplayer

The difference is staggering honestly

Yeah cause you have direct control over your abilities.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Controls still suck tho

Problema de habilidad.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You took the words out of my mouth Albatro Null Eiji Asuka.

I did see 64 has Gale recruitable despite using the OVA. So this isn’t a first for SRW.

Mine too.

Oh, so 64 already had him show up in the sequel. I mean, at this point it's not a surprise for me on the general. SRW V alone is bringing back a lot of people who should be already long dead, but I wasn't expecting Gale was one of them in 64 and here.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Gale boards the White Base. No Greimkaiser, unfortunately, Gale is going to be fighting in the trenches called politics.

He is playable in XO, however.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mine too.

Oh, so 64 already had him show up in the sequel. I mean, at this point it's not a surprise for me on the general. SRW V alone is bringing back a lot of people who should be already long dead, but I wasn't expecting Gale was one of them in 64 and here.

Gale was a secret in 64. Real Protagonist only, one very early talking-to and then he joins much later it appears.

Baybull and Buldy both showed in 64 as well, whereas GC suggests to me that had been retired during the OVA in favor of the Dolls whose design they influenced.

Here, the post-script role Gale is fulfilling is what I thought Julia would be doing with Le Caine. I sorta forgot those two didn't get warped, and can't now without the Soul Saber around. Julia did say she needed Le Caine for something, but not exactly what that was.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He is playable in XO, however.

Another little thing that XO added, along with splitting Daiohja, cut-ins, another Sasuraigar attack, and that Soul Gunner alternate form. All nice things I wish I had, but that I don't really need.

Speaking of, I get that the original Xbox for an early time showed the potential for being a console for Japanese gaming. Nonetheless, given the start-of-game appearance of Raijin-Oh and Tryder, and then eventually Daiohja, the idea of all this on Xbox is... funnily bizarre. Considering Xbox soon became the gritty Western console, a place where you'd never think a game like this would exist.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gale was a secret in 64. Real Protagonist only, one very early talking-to and then he joins much later it appears.

Baybull and Buldy both showed in 64 as well, whereas GC suggests to me that had been retired during the OVA in favor of the Dolls whose design they influenced.

Here, the post-script role Gale is fulfilling is what I thought Julia would be doing with Le Caine. I sorta forgot those two didn't get warped, and can't now without the Soul Saber around. Julia did say she needed Le Caine for something, but not exactly what that was.

Hmm... I wonder. This is new(?) territory that SRW is covering, so anything goes at this point I guess.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another little thing that XO added, along with splitting Daiohja, cut-ins, another Sasuraigar attack, and that Soul Gunner alternate form. All nice things I wish I had, but that I don't really need.

Speaking of, I get that the original Xbox for an early time showed the potential for being a console for Japanese gaming. Nonetheless, given the start-of-game appearance of Raijin-Oh and Tryder, and then eventually Daiohja, the idea of all this on Xbox is... funnily bizarre. Considering Xbox soon became the gritty Western console, a place where you'd never think a game like this would exist.

Ah, yes. I wonder if it was part of the efforts to sell the Xbox to the Japanese market. As a fan of Ace Combat, it is a little frustrating that is the reason Ace Combat 6 was made an Xbox exclusive. At least with SRW it was a port instead of a whole new game. Still, the lone SRW on the Xbox family of consoles. Certainly bizarre to think about, heh.

20 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now that Jim Carrey is confirmed to be returning in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, I'm looking forward to seeing his take on the scene where Eggman blows up the moon (not the meme). Incidentally, this is also the first time Carrey is playing a character three times.

I’m sure that it’ll be something like this:

Fa7PndZoFK5STWRwRsecx2.png?ex=65d396ca&i

21 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Incidentally, this is also the first time Carrey is playing a character three times.

He also said he wouldn't come out of his break unless he saw a script that was really good.

So either Sonic 3 is really good or he just likes playing Eggman that much.

So my bones were hurting from too much sitting, so I decided to go and walk 12 kilometers.

Now my feet hurt, but my back doesn't so it's all good!

22 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Shoutout to Yuka Tsujiyoko, who made all the music in the first few FE games and is still credited as sound supervisor as of Engage.

Holy shit I can't believe TIL who composed the Fire Emblem theme. Seems she did the entire soundtrack up to 6, most of 7 and a couple PoR tracks.

Okay, time for Scenario 30.

Seems the Federation ain't liking NERV is supporting Londo Bell, so they've launched an attack. Once again it's the G-Hound forces. Jerid and Yazan aren't present, but they do include Lane in the Penelope; apparently the predecessor of the Ξ Gundam. This seems to be the most the game is using of Hathaway's Flash. There's another set of secret points to get here, Lane points. Two are needed, and of all the points related secrets, this is the tightest, with little margin of error. For now, one point is gained by defeating the Penelope.

Episode 52- Showdown at the (Zarl) Mobile Fortress

Spoiler
  • Contrary its to its name, the space fort doesn't show up on the map. The battle doesn't get close enough to said stronghold.
  • The heroes reach the abandoned Station Satellite without a hitch. Departure for a surprise-warp into the Zarl Empire gets underway immediately.
    • Stecken had Gale soldiers (these unseen generics were never mentioned before) go in ahead of time to contact local Zarl resistance groups and mention Kento, to start up internal rebellions.
    • The Pentagonan Rebel Army has also been arranged to launch border strikes at the same time the White Base Corps enters Zarl.
    • The Edon Combined Fleet led by Igo Moccos too will attack Zarl.
    • Add in the still-ongoing war with the Extradimensional Union, and the Zarl Empire will be stretched to its limits as the White Base Corps aims for its evil heart.
    • And the heroes' merchant companions have supplies all ready for the big occasion, as usual. It would be odd if they hadn't.
  • Emperor Dormen gives Kloppen one last chance, the generic conversation that an evil leader has with his evil subordinate who has failed one too many times.
    • Only now does the Emperor hear about who Kento is, rather late for that, isn't it?
  • The heroes end up behind the enemy's outer defense lines. Although this is a minefield in front of them. Intercepted encrypted enemy messages indicate the border battles have already begun, everything is going well. A recon squad of Bemborgs is the first meal of this day.
  • Arle predicts Kloppen will show up and be desperate as Dormen hates failure. And yeah Kloppen shows up with Generals Voider and Kabuto. He also activates the minefield now.
    • Too stupid late for that. The game tells me ending one's turn on a minefield (thankfully, the unit or two I already have on a mine hasn't moved yet) will cause some damage or something. The issue, is that getting around the stationary mines is no problem, and the dodgy vanguard of my army has already gotten through it.
    • Voider and Kabuto retreat on defeat. Kloppen however... he fully heals himself once I deplete a little over half of his 80k HP. Then he does it again, this time spawning eight reinforcements too. I ignore them for the moment and think I have just enough manpower to kill Kloppen this turn ...he uses Guts an unprecedented third time!😑
      • Mind, I Valor'ed through his first three lives in a single turn basically. So it didn't drag out the battle very much at all.
      • I know Acacia said baddies fully repairing themselves when injured past a point used to be kinda commonplace in SRW. Namely AG true final battle Shu. But that had the excuse of the 65535 16-bit limit on enemy HP values. Here, I said 80k HP, no such coding issue exists.
      • Kloppen dies on his fourth and last life -well story-heals and then Kento story-finishes him off. That intriguing detail of Kloppen being a clone of Kento's father goes completely unmentioned as he dies. I clean up the Bemborgs and the battle is over.
  • First thing once the post-battle leaves the war zone, is Nubia, getting a report of the above just-ended clash. All this warring between various factions plays oh so humorously into Khamen Khamen's "Osiris Plan".
    • IDK whether that is something in Braiger, or an SRW-invented substitute with a different Egyptian god's name for the Great Atum Plan.
  • Then it's off to Zarl. Emperor Dormen (why is he still shadowed?) appoints Zakron the new Supreme Commander for this life-or-death moment. Voider and Kabuto protest the appointment of an outsider to this position, and then protest their imperial loyalty when the Emperor rebukes them for questioning His judgement.
    • Will Zakron have a mech/battleship (his subordinate Ondoron doesn't)? Or Dormen? I'm assuming the end of the Zarl Empire will be the end of the basically-nonexistent Robot Empire. (This is truly the best Tryder G7's story has gotten? A supremely subordinate role? Yeesh.)
    • So besides two 30k+ HP battleships, and probably that 80k Jilva girl, what will I be presumably killing in the next battle? I know there has to be more than that. -And I hope Khamen sits it out.
  • The heroes are getting psyched up, it's on to the capital planet of the Zarl Empire now. 
  • Akimi and Sieg get a moment together. Sieg says he'll sortie for sure in the next fight.
    • The two talk about how the Interstellar Alliance destroyed Gadisword's planet, and how this is quite personal for Sieg. He is amazed that for all the years of indecisive conflict, here they are, rushing and crushing the Alliance so quickly.
    • One needs a cool head though, which Sally might not be able to maintain in the upcoming epic showdown, so Sieg refuses to let her fight.
  • A new sub-scenario has appeared. No more secrets left in this game, so it should be naught but a conveniently-placed grind stage before Yet Another Final Battle In A Game With Many Final Battles. I'll do it once nonetheless.

I rechecked the Final-15 units list I had made around the time of A Baoa Qu (even that feels like like ancient history now)...

1. Super Soul Saber (Prolly mandatory.)
  2. Nu Gundam
  3. Sazabi
  4. Layzner Mk. II
  5. Braiger
  6. Baxinger
  7. Sasuraiger
  8. Daiohja
  9. God Raijin-Oh
  10. Daltanious
  11. Final Dancouga
  12. Zeta Gundam?
  13. L-Gaim Mk. II?
  14. Doll
  15. Doll

I had thrown Zeta Gundam on it, since Kamille has Sniper and I wanted another good Real. So it turns out I actually had wiggle-room for Sieg after all (who, despite only joining in Scenario 49 with one battle of use long beforehand, already has picked up the Ranged/Evade/Skill Aces and like 35 kills). I had already felt iffy about Kamille too, since Z Gundam was placed in GC solely to have another good Gundam, this is not his SRW at all. It's Amuro's, Shiro's, Chris's I guess, and Judau tries getting a belated little slice.

If I limit myself to 1 Doll or the Hover Truck, I should be able to fit in Sally whenever she joins. I ought to be able to make do this late. If I ditched Quattro and Sieg, and had no Repair units, I could add Kouji, Watta, and Getter. Thus actually having the lead character for every license (using Amuro as the rep for all UC Gundam) deployed together. -I won't do that though. EDIT: I FORGOT DRAGONAR! But I could fit one of Meio/Kaine, so the grand idea holds.

While I'm thinking of FUBing Raijin-Oh (130 max Mobility and Focus (albeit on Jin its lone Valor-pilot) means it could semi-dodgetank, possibly), and maybe I'll throw some more HP and Armor the non-dodgers I'm using. Otherwise, with the big boss full-heal spam of late, I feel like most of my 1.7 mil funds should go into weapons now.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Fa7PndZoFK5STWRwRsecx2.png?ex=65d396ca&i

*Checks how many silkworms it takes to make a pound of silk*

...2000 to 3000. Which might be enough to make one kimono? So use that as the base for the picture-worth L speaks of.😛

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So my bones were hurting from too much sitting, so I decided to go and walk 12 kilometers.

Now my feet hurt, but my back doesn't so it's all good!

*Converts to American*

7 miles. I have to half-force myself to do one a day on the treadmill.

I... pity you? Commend you? Not sure.😆

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit I can't believe TIL who composed the Fire Emblem theme.

Quite the rock-solid track. From Famicom to the modern day, it's always good. I used to listen to various renditions one after another. That forces your mind to notice and appreciate the differences between them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Tobia is now Ace.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know Acacia said baddies fully repairing themselves when injured past a point used to be kinda commonplace in SRW. Namely AG true final battle Shu. But that had the excuse of the 65535 16-bit limit on enemy HP values. Here, I said 80k HP, no such coding issue exists.

Well, be thankful it's just the HP refill. Since they would also do stuff like Flicker/Flash, SureHit/Strike, Valor, Hot-Blood, etc.

• Kloppen dies on his fourth and last life -well story-heals and then Kento story-finishes him off. That intriguing detail of Kloppen being a clone of Kento's father goes completely unmentioned as he dies. I clean up the Bemborgs and the battle is over.

Oh, that's interesting. I know SRW D does something a bit different. Well, don't know if to bring it up in case GC still manages to do it, despite Kloppen's apparent death. Since D had a plot point that... well, requires Kloppen to still be alive.

• First thing once the post-battle leaves the war zone, is Nubia, getting a report of the above just-ended clash. All this warring between various factions plays oh so humorously into Khamen Khamen's "Osiris Plan".
    • IDK whether that something in Braiger, or an SRW-invented substitute with a different Egyptian god's name for the Great Atum Plan.

I'm gonna guess SRW-invented. Unless it's from Baxinger or Sasuraiger.

I rechecked the Final-15 units list I had made around the time of A Baoa Qu (even that feels like like ancient history now)...

1. Super Soul Saber (Prolly mandatory.)
  2. Nu Gundam
  3. Sazabi
  4. Layzner Mk. II
  5. Braiger
  6. Baxinger
  7. Sasuraiger
  8. Daiohja
  9. God Raijin-Oh
  10. Daltanious
  11. Final Dancouga
  12. Zeta Gundam?
  13. L-Gaim Mk. II?
  14. Doll
  15. Doll

Hmm, not a bad roster, I'd say.

If I limit myself to 1 Doll or the Hover Truck, I should be able to fit in Sally whenever she joins. I ought to be able to make do this late. If I ditched Quattro and Sieg, and had no Repair units, I could add Kouji, Watta, and Getter. Thus actually having the lead character for every license (using Amuro as the rep for all UC Gundam) deployed together. -I won't do that though.

All leads is certainly one thing I try to do when playing SRW, if permissible. Sometimes the game structure can help me. Like how the SRW V OG mech has Repair. And also when the deployment slots permit it. Again, 24 deployment slots for the final map!

Well, pre-ordered the Unicorn Overlord collector's edition through Amazon because it's still not available at GameStop (I wanted to make small deposits over time). Since Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships out, I will maintain this as a backup. If GameStop gets it in, I'll cancel the Amazon order.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I used to listen to various renditions one after another

It's always cool to do this for anything that has it, to see how it's evolved over time.

You can really tell when it hit the 80s lmao.

Judau is now Ace. Now I've secured that secret related to him.

The battle soon gets interrupted by the appearance of Ramiel, the Sixth Angel (Fifth in the TV series), which forces G-Hound to retreat. Though Lane (who returns if defeated) insists on fighting the Angel. So he's now a temporary playable, but only for this part of the stage. But then Neo Zeon shows up, who are willing to fight us instead of the Angel... for they do want Third Impact to happen.

... did Judau just made a pun by saying "unbeliEVAble"...? XD

Looks like we've reached the finale of 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone, since I do recall it finished with Ramiel's defeat. If not for the second movie still pending, this would be the first storyline wrapping up... well, kinda. The other route actually contains the Prince of Darkness finale, so that one is the actual first storyline that SRW V wraps up.

In any case, there's a second Lane point to obtain. He must survive the map. Since he's playable, this shouldn't be hard to do. This also means getting the two required points. It's mainly that Lane points are in route splits that makes it hard to get the secret if you want to do them. There's two points in the Independent Action path of the previous split, so you need to take at least either that or this one to get the needed points. Otherwise... no secret.

So, after having a standard battle against Ramiel, it just regenerates and... the Seventh Angel show up. Already!? Even Gendo and Fuyutsuki comment this is already not as predicted. Looks like we're overlapping the end of the first movie with the second. The Seventh Angel... is unique to Rebuild. A look in the Eva wiki states the director revealed they no longer had the original pictures of the TV series's Episode 08, the one that introduced Asuka and had Gaghiel, the TV Sixth Angel. So it seems Rebuild 2.0 changed her introduction and created a new Angel for it. And indeed, now Asuka shows up... but also Jerid and Yazan, who do intend to help us out for once. Looks like here they're the ones bringing the Positron Cannon used to defeat Ramiel. More Neo Zeon forces show up, but also Tetsuya. The temporary truce holds, even with him. Jerid, Yazan, and Tetsuya are also temporary playable here.

So, two more Titans Points to get here. Jerid and Yazan much defeat an enemy each. This will put me at four points and the secret is secured.

Alright, got both Titans points! Despite things, Ramiel is still on the map, but the objective is to defeat the Seventh Angel. I'm guessing the Positron firing won't happen until afterwards. Shinji can't be moved, as well the Yamato as it's assigned to cover the Eva and power up the cannon. At least it has a 10 range attack to snipe other enemies...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, this was awesome. Upon defeat, the Seventh Angel regenerates, then makes a beeline to Unit-01, but the Neo Zeon forces are finally convinced to stop the fighting, so they intercept the Angel's attack. Then the Yamato blows it up. Then Shinji blows up Ramiel. Amuro even compares it to the Axis Shock. G-Hound, Neo Zeon, Tetsuya... they all go their separate ways now. To be enemies against us again next time. But for today, it was an alliance to protect the Earth. A light of hope against the darkness.

Oh lol, Hathaway seems to have a knack on getting on Asuka's friendly side. Even calls it having "strange connection with girls like her". XD

... no, wait. No, Hathaway! The last pigtailed tsundere you got close to died! Don't doom Asuka like that! LOL

Okay, Amuro says it outright. He muses she reminds Hathaway of Quess.

And something of a mood killer to end the stage, we receive word Neo Zeon intends to attack the Federation Council HQ in Dakar...