Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

lol the Surprise Cookie.

Well, boss went down to S-Crafts and Soul Blur barrage.

Congrats on that!

I just played Sky SC and I WAY underestimated the Death Scream art. Damn, its busted. Xd

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.jpgimage.pngimage.png

...Is it just me, or do I detect implicit masculinity?😜🤣

These bros are gay, good for them.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah if we get a direct it will be a Partner one - Rip Jugdral Broskis

March.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A few units- all Supers barring Amuro I noticed, got start-of-battle conversations. Not sure why only them, do triggering them require a certain set of units deploy for Real series pilots? Though Dancouga didn't get one.

From seeing the VTX trilogy, first battle quotes in each map seems to have become more common. Perhaps GC was already toying with them... at least for the final battle.

I get NPC reinforcements!

-Like GMs could do anything to help me at this point.🤣 They get OHKO'ed, at least Watkein's Salamis was kept unharmed.

Well, they tried.

Fairey says if they blow up the Arounzer's C.U.B.E., 90% of the fortress will be propelled into space, the remainder will burn up the atmosphere, so that's the last plan. Then, everyone on the White Base evacuates for the Gandor as the White Base blows up. RIP the Glorious Father of SRW Battleships.🛳️⚰️

For the one SRW it gets to be in the spotlight... the White Base couldn't have a better send-off. *salutes*

That said, interesting way to make use of both battleships without deploying both at the same time.

Kamille gets assigned under Emma. Four resolves the "oops I'm alive" love triangle by informing Fa the Kamille truly loves her (Fa).

This is more or less how it always gets resolved in any given SRW that lets Four live. I think SRW has only ever done the opposite (love-interest that dies gets to live and the relationship endures instead of switching to the endgame one anyway) just once. In... I think L or UX. It was in one of the DS/3DS games for sure.

• Judau's friends and little sister remain on Earth, he and Roux with the Purus head for Jupiter. Quattro & Lalah are headed for Jupiter with them, with Quattro saying goodbye to Bright for now, after getting one look at Bright's new battleship- the Argama.

Is it a good thing for Quattro to be so near the Asteroid Belt? With all those giant rocks... just saying.

GRWJD9-2024-02-13-11-27-11.png

🥱😆😄

Congrats on finishing!

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And the goalposts keep moving

I mean that's the supposed rumor that the Switch 2.0 Pro Final HD Mixtape will be announced. And if February just has a Partner Showcase instead of the actual Directs they usually do this time of year, then it might mean something.

What I'm saying is TMS 2 featuring primarily Jugdrali characters LMAO GOTTEM

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

These bros are gay, good for them.

The fact the Alain looks to be getting drawn into it (I like the *lordly disrobing*); and the girls reactions -especially the "EEEK!"- say "In strong denial of the deeply-concerning thought that they might've never stood a chance with their prince". Both are 😆, in a cute way.

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, they tried.

And I liked it from a narrative perspective. Would've been nice if a few others showed up in the otherwise-empty southwest corner, maybe Igo and some of that one Baxinger grunt mech or Semuj and the Rebel Army yet again. -But the Seal of Grados would've blocked that. Maybe Le Caine then, he jarringly never showed up again after Julia calmed him inside the Seal.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For the one SRW it gets to be in the spotlight... the White Base couldn't have a better send-off. *salutes*

Agreed. Going out in a honorable blaze of glory. All it was missing was a 21-gun salute.

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats on finishing!

Thanks. Took almost exactly a month, a little less factoring out the breather days. Could've gone faster if I hadn't logged all this. But that was part of the enjoyment.😄 Thank you for being a receptive audience of one.😃

I am good on SRW for now though, I need a break.😅 Too stuffed for W, as appetizing as it might look. And the next I have the craving for mecha, probably ZoE: The Fist of Mars, just to change it up. Or this PS1 mecha SRPG I heard of called Vanguard Bandits ("Epica Stella" in Japan), saw a comment saying it's Masoukishin-esque as in "medieval fantasy with mechs". -And hopefully the next new SRW gets announced before I yearn for W, so I can rotate out of the old.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fact the Alain looks to be getting drawn into it (I like the *lordly disrobing*); and the girls reactions -especially the "EEEK!"- say "In strong denial of the deeply-concerning thought that they might've never stood a chance with their prince". Both are 😆, in a cute way.

I don't know man. She may be eeking, but also looked VERY happy.

So either she's the resident Yaoi Fangirl... or doesn't care. She's eating the eye-candy regardless of their orientation.

And I liked it from a narrative perspective. Would've been nice if a few others showed up in the otherwise-empty southwest corner, maybe Igo and some of that one Baxinger grunt mech or Semuj and the Rebel Army yet again. -But the Seal of Grados would've blocked that. Maybe Le Caine then, he jarringly never showed up again after Julia calmed him inside the Seal.

Random Le Caine pulling an Al-Van would've been... so weird. XD

Thanks. Took almost exactly a month, a little less factoring out the breather days. Could've gone faster if I hadn't logged all this. But that was part of the enjoyment.😄 Thank you for being a receptive audience of one.😃

I am good on SRW for now though, I need a break.😅 Too stuffed for W, as appetizing as it might look. And the next I have the craving for mecha, probably ZoE: The Fist of Mars, just to change it up. Or this PS1 mecha SRPG I heard of called Vanguard Bandits ("Epica Stella" in Japan), saw a comment saying it's Masoukishin-esque as in "medieval fantasy with mechs". -And hopefully the next new SRW gets announced before I yearn for W, so I can rotate out of the old.

Fist of Mars would be interesting to see.

Hopefully we can get a new mainline SRW this year.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And the goalposts keep moving

We'll get there eventually, I'm sure. There's far too much pointing to it. Ninty just keeps leading folks on.

...Maybe the real plot twist is that it'll be on Switch 2 lolololol

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

subscribe

All of my yes

DANCING ARDEN LESSGO

I'd subscribe if I believed for a second it'd have Dancing Arden. But no, it'd be just generic anime teens with "magical" incarnations of the characters like the original TMS. Alas.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd subscribe if I believed for a second it'd have Dancing Arden. But no, it'd be just generic anime teens with "magical" incarnations of the characters like the original TMS. Alas.

I mean, that is part of the SMT/Persona package, so kinda inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TKv8Jgr.png

tempting

EGJ1ZXR.gif

😛

---

...Trying to figure out what to play next. I want something shorter and not an SRPG, feels like I need to exhale after GC before I move onto another lengthy not-actiony RPG (probably XC3?).

I was considering SMB Wonder- extremely light on writing, and I'd like rotate off my gaming laptop back to the Switch (the laptop feels non-literally... "heavy", restrictive when it's the only thing I'm playing games on). But tomorrow is International Singles' Awareness Day, so I was also seriously thinking about taking Eternights for a spin, it's only 10~15 hours I read. -Yet cold feet and second thoughts always spring up with me at the last minute.😅

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ys 2

I would, but wanting to keep the mind on GC for the past month meant I never got to watching an LP of the rest of Ys I on YouTube.😅 Now that GC is over, I think I'll go do that now.😃

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

EGJ1ZXR.gif

😆

The was-memorable-for-the-young-me sound of said quip BTW.:

Commence the Rainbow V Ultra V-Rated challenge.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

hixuvbjkagic1.png

TIL that some people actually would rather kill Cath as part of the strategy.

53 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TKv8Jgr.png

tempting

kRnZzcY.png

Also tempting

Which?

Or none?

Shrimpy whatever you're posting isn't loading.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😛

Same here. Idk.

PS4 corrupted by USB drive while transferring the pics so enjoy phone quality

IMG20240213204541.jpg?ex=65de90f0&is=65c

Designs that go hard.

IMG20240213204556.jpg?ex=65de90f1&is=65c

the plot here was that vampires were kidnapping girls "of marriageable age". I like that it was specified in that way.

IMG20240213204749.jpg?ex=65de90f1&is=65c

Kaga was behind it! I should've known....

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I can view imgur fine here 🤔

Must be regional then.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J272.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J273.png

Do you think they're setting up something climactic??

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J275.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J276.png

Talk about a fate worse than death.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J277.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J278.png

Again, very very strong aversion to considering the princess an actual heir. It almost feels intentional at this point.

I mean points for realism I suppose, old medieval dynasties were very desperate to get male heirs but in a game with mages and dragons I'm not exactly throwing up my hands and cheering "Thank god they at least remembered the misogyny!"

And considering the lead developers real world views I doubt apple falls far from the fiction

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J279.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J280.png

Double dad deathbed

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J281.png

Broken promises as well

31 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J272.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J273.png

Do you think they're setting up something climactic??

Nah, just your imagination...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J277.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J278.png

Again, very very strong aversion to considering the princess an actual heir. It almost feels intentional at this point.

For its worth, they're also skipping Arvis, so you can't say they're singling her out for being a woman. I hope.

Grannvale must have a weird mix of Agnatic-cognatic primogeniture and having Naga Blood also bumps you ahead of the queue. So Arvis, having no Naga blood, can only hope to be King Regent to his own children. That's my take of this.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J279.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J280.png

Double dad deathbed

This whole game is a parade of dead fathers. Starting with the death of Shanan's father.

Edited by Acacia Sgt