Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

What does that mean? I am honestly confused lol. 

I think it refers to the general perception that when you do X, it's fine. But if someone else does X, then it's not. In this case, Western fans are fine with X happening in Western media. But when X happens in non-Western media, they get up in arms.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This game even does the TRS thing of having so many characters connected. Granted, the connections are just that and not "Holmes' dad couldn't keep it in his pants".

So, Berwick Saga connections.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You weren't implying it but it's probably not the way you want to express a criticism. I mean, one of the Oscar hosts a few days ago said that the latest Transformers movie could've been written by AI and that....went about as well as you would expect. 

You're probably right there, I'll admit. My apologies.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also almost every FE player i know is playing it
and 70% going "this Kaga" lmao

Inb4 the entire Three Houses fanbase moves over to this and starts calling it the real FE17.

But yeah, I feel like this game really benefitted from (accidentally or otherwise) appealing to a fanbase that's kind of starving right now, holding their hands in a cup and begging IntSys to say something, anything about the FE4 remake and getting nothing. Engage's relevance dying off basically immediately likely helped matters, too. There's no current FE, so this is the next best thing, and FE has a rather big following these days.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Inb4 the entire Three Houses fanbase moves over to this and starts calling it the real FE17.

not with this writing

Although...

Social simping supports/Waifubando might attract them lol

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

appealing to a fanbase that's kind of starving right now, holding their hands in a cup and begging IntSys to say something, anything about the FE4 remake and getting nothing.

yh

It's really filling in FE4's hole

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it refers to the general perception that when you do X, it's fine. But if someone else does X, then it's not. In this case, Western fans are fine with X happening in Western media. But when X happens in non-Western media, they get up in arms.

hypocrisy is the west's first name

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But yeah, I feel like this game really benefitted from (accidentally or otherwise) appealing to a fanbase that's kind of starving right now, holding their hands in a cup and begging IntSys to say something, anything about the FE4 remake and getting nothing. Engage's relevance dying off basically immediately likely helped matters, too. There's no current FE, so this is the next best thing, and FE has a rather big following these days.

Also that demo was really good. Pre-order sales skyrocketted after the demo came out.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

not with this writing

If I speak.....

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Social simping supports/Waifubando might attract them lol

Screenshot_2024-03-13-21-02-14-56_0b2fce

Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman: A medieval horror/fantasy/historical novel set in Middle Ages France.

Wraith:

The author endorsed Howls from the Dark Ages which was a bunch of postmodern pablum. Not interested.

The Tower of Fools by Andre Sapkowski, author of The Witcher series: A medieval horror/fantasy/historical novel set in Middle Ages Poland.

Wraith:

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

not worth the perma death sacrifice tho

It's like Valkyria Chronicles tbh. I mean, that game has permadeath but you have to try very hard to actually lose someone.

UO already has penalties for losing a squad, that's why permadeath is a bonus.

>new day new arena

>goes online

>Lapis & Sapphire Pendant banned

Bruh

Not like this all my teams got hammered lmao

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

UO already has penalties for losing a squad,

Needed to be harsher imo

I will say tho

UO biggest problem imo is the level curve

For being open world your path is pretty much set

Should've made levels and equipment of enemy scale with the numer of quests you did

Screenshot_2024-03-14-12-17-32-84_f9ee05

It's like poetry.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will say tho

UO biggest problem imo is the level curve

For being open world your path is pretty much set

Should've made levels and equipment of enemy scale with the numer of quests you did

Screenshot_2024-03-14-15-06-56-76_572064

I mean it's possible I guess.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That is possible

I think it could switch things up for future runs. The game is guided but once you know the meta, you don't have to follow that guidance anymore.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I think it could switch things up for future runs. The game is guided but once you know the meta, you don't have to follow that guidance anymore.

Level curve will still soft guide you

It'll probably make speedruns of the game interesting to watch. I imagine people will try to find janky shenanigans to skip the entire game.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It'll probably make speedruns of the game interesting to watch. I imagine people will try to find janky shenanigans to skip the entire game.

Alain backwards long-jumps directly into Galerius, killing him instantly.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The children yearn for Tactics Ogre.

It also got a very good boost because the director of Final Fantasy Tactics said to just go play UO if you wanted a new FFT (the gameplay is obviously different but the vibes are there).

Huh…

I assumed I had to finish Unicorn Overlord's demo before the time limit ran out or else I would be kicked out, but it lets you finish the battle you're on before doing so. Which is good, because the final battle introduced a new victory condition when I had 39 seconds left...

Spoiler

When I saw Galerius's stats and abilities, I didn't think you were actually supposed to beat him. It was obvious in hindsight that you wouldn't defeat him for good so early, but it would be pretty funny if you killed the "main villain" 10% into the game. As for a plot prediction, I'm guessing Valmore found the One Ring an evil version of the Unicorn Ring in the past and got possessed by someone from the Zenoiran empire, hence why he started calling himself Galerius.

Rather than involving myself in any critical thinking as to who to pair Alain with, I'll just pair him with canon girl Scarlett to establish the theocracy of Cornia. I was pretty surprised when she turned out to be the pontifex's daughter rather than a random priestess, but this is an honorary Fire Emblem game so perhaps I should've expected Scarlett to have an important lineage.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:54 PM, Armagon said:

Godzilla won Best Visuals let's gooooooooo

Satisfying images

Minus_One_VFX_team,_their_Oscars,_and_th

Coincidentally, King Kong won the same award in 2006. It feels nice that the franchise is getting positive attention.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Fr i wanna see if someone can do it pre scarlett rescue

You can teleport directly into Galerius's throne room, but he's busy elsewhere so Alain and co. have to wait a few days for him to get back.

Yeah i keep trying it and i keep running into the same problem. UO Expert just devolves into enemy stat inflation, which is the boring way of making something difficult. I'll stick with Tactical, which is actually balanced.

39 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Minus_One_VFX_team,_their_Oscars,_and_th

Coincidentally, King Kong won the same award in 2006. It feels nice that the franchise is getting positive attention.

I really like that they brought the figures with them.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

UO Expert just devolves into enemy stat inflation, which is the boring way of making something difficult. I'll stick with Tactical, which is actually balanced.

Eh

They are q bit higher yes but not really inflated, not to mention their equipment sucks - bosses aside.

Although now in Furry land seems difficultly finally ramping up a bit.

Ok so appearently what happened with the Battlefront Collection was a critical error on the servers. There weren't supposed to be three, it's just only three showed up. Now, whether or not the server cap was part of it isn't clear.