Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But also one of her level up quotes is literally "did you see that Alain".

Queen

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And who did Elto immediately default to?

I wonder why

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They all expect Alain to be king one day so it's easy to use him as a point of reference for the future.

I dunno they orbit too much around him. Doubly so for Scarlet

You know what i wanted from her supports with Alain? Shared experiences due to war, priestly and knightly duties, etc.

And not the most generic childhood friend tsun

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GIzzaMCbEAAD7RZ?format=jpg&name=large

Why is bro stanced up like that?

For this game that's a pretty dang ordinary pose lol. Let bro T-pose to assert dominance. It's as good a strategy as any, especially with that E-rated def he has.

...Say, how are the numbers in this game? Are they like FE numbers where you get to 20 strength and go "okay so if I have a weapon with 7 might and face an enemy with 10 defense I'll do 17 damage", or like any other strategy/RPG game numbers where you go "awesome more numbers that are probably going to do something for me"?

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You know what i wanted from her supports with Alain? Shared experiences due to war, priestly and knightly duties, etc.

Probably get that when you do the Albion arc.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Gotta say tho

Clive has some great supports

Is it NTR if you marry Monica?

Alternatively, is it NTR if you marry Clive?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Say, how are the numbers in this game? Are they like FE numbers where you get to 20 strength and go "okay so if I have a weapon with 7 might and face an enemy with 10 defense I'll do 17 damage", or like any other strategy/RPG game numbers where you go "awesome more numbers that are probably going to do something for me"?

Squad formations make it feel like the latter but the forecast will always tell you who wins each round. You can change weapons and equips before a round so you might find something more favorable.

TL;Dr a lot of numbers go into it but the battle forecast does the math for you so you know who exactly will win that round.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Say, how are the numbers in this game? Are they like FE numbers where you get to 20 strength and go "okay so if I have a weapon with 7 might and face an enemy with 10 defense I'll do 17 damage", or like any other strategy/RPG game numbers where you go "awesome more numbers that are probably going to do something for me"?

Neither

Or more akin inbetween?

Damage calculation is pretty easy, it's akin to FE

But then you get the squad battles, the abilities, turn order, etc and the numbers don't matter much. Squad compisition, skills and conditions are much more important

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Probably get that when you do the Albion arc

Will stop Brexit after Furryland

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TL;Dr a lot of numbers go into it but the battle forecast does the math for you so you know who exactly will win that round.

The forecast directly before battle to be exact

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Squad formations make it feel like the latter but the forecast will always tell you who wins each round. You can change weapons and equips before a round so you might find something more favorable.

But you have to commit once you go into a battle, right? At that point you're just hoping whatever you send into combat can square up.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Neither

Or more akin inbetween?

Damage calculation is pretty easy, it's akin to FE

But then you get the squad battles, the abilities, turn order, etc and the numbers don't matter much. Squad compisition, skills and conditions are much more important

I see. Very well, then.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

But you have to commit once you go into a battle, right? At that point you're just hoping whatever you send into combat can square up.

Yes but you can still get a forecast before that. By telling squad A to hit squad B, you can see an outcome. But it doesn't take into account assists from other squads or Valor Skill buffs/debuffs.

And even once a battle is reached, you can still do a bit of prep before hitting begin for a more favorable result.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes but you can still get a forecast before that. By telling squad A to hit squad B, you can see an outcome. But it doesn't take into account assists from other squads or Valor Skill buffs/debuffs.

And even once a battle is reached, you can still do a bit of prep before hitting begin for a more favorable result.

I see.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I see.

Note that the "early forecast" might not be accurate due to rng getting burned until then

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeee

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not that the "early forecast" might not be accurate due to rng getting burned until then

Wait... Oh right, I did see this when I was watching that one person - the RNG is displayed in the battle forecast, right? It just tells you if the fight's going to miss, if you'll get a crit and whatnot.

Thinking back, it seemed... pretty damn unclear, to the point where the person playing struggled for a couple minutes before it hit her that her damage was weird because she was getting a heal mid-battle lol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh right, I did see this when I was watching that one person - the RNG is displayed in the battle forecast, right? It just tells you if the fight's going to miss, if you'll get a crit and whatnot.

To be more exact

Forecast takes RNG into consideration. However if you do an early forecast and then have a bunch other squads do some battles, the RNG naturally will be different.

Assist attacks burn RNG as well

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

To be more exact

Forecast takes RNG into consideration. However if you do an early forecast and then have a bunch other squads do some battles, the RNG naturally will be different.

Assist attacks burn RNG as well

Is there a button I can press to see the RNG-less forecast? If I'm preparing for a battle at a later point in time, I want to know what the chance of it going badly is - whether it'll succeed or not when the units are on opposite sides of the map is of no use to me.

So, defeating the Great General of Darkness, he still doesn't intend to go down quietly. With his last breath, his regert, anger, and suffering shall open the Dragon's Gate the gates of Hades! The group tries to stop him, but he succeeds. It's the Emperor of Darkness! Or as the party once knew him, he's Hades. He revives some of the Mycenae gods, intending to revive everyone else (the General, Garadabla, Ashura, et al) after sacrificing the party's souls.

So... this is a first. Not just for SRW. In the OVA, the Emperor is never fought, and even in Z3, he's not either, only making a cameo appearence... of his death. But V will actually let us fight the Emperor himself as a boss. Neat.

But that's not all, mechs from Exev's army also show up. The group thinks Exev might still be alive, but no, it's the one behind it all. Black Noir!

Yeah, this is also the Might Gaine finale.

Black Noir proclaims himself a higher being from another dimension. Great, another self-proclaimed god with delusions of grandeur. Though he reveals he has been the one pulling the strings of the AD Dimension. Everything, even Embryo. And just as he proclaims in the anime, it was all to his amusement. It's all a game to him (oh how ironic that sounds when it's said in an actual video game). Specifically, he seeks the amusement of war, and thus allowed for all the conflicts of the AD Dimension to happen (Jovians, Coordinators, A-Laws, Meganoids, Martian Successors, DG Alliance, Gaizock, Embryo, etc). When the dimensional boundaries were breech, he saw it as an opportunity to extend his game. All this time he has sought to create the perfect Hero character. He tried it with the likes of Akito (apparently in this continuity Black Noir created Gekiganger 3? That's actually a bit amusing to think, haha), Banjo, Kappei, Shinn, Kira, Setsuna... but always something left him unsatisfied. Maito is his latest attempt, the one he considers successful. A true Hero of Justice. And thus he was behind the assassination of his parents, and setting up Joe as a Rival type character, to shape him up. And the involvement of everything else that has happened was even better for that. Which leads to the culmination of Black Noir's plan. He molded the perfect Hero... to see him fail. Nothing will bring him the most amusement than to see the perfect Hero trip at the finish line and fail to save everything.

Well, ain't that for Life Goals, huh. Of course, the party responds in the typical fashion... like hell they'll let that happen. They'll knock down the Emperor of Darkness and Dark Noir's egos down a peg. Or three. Let's go!

20240316_142708.jpg?ex=660859b1&is=65f5e

Consul-Z.jpg.webp?ex=660859b2&is=65f5e4b

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

whether it'll succeed or not when the units are on opposite sides of the map is of no use to me

On the contrary, I'd say it's a good idea to get a gauge of how well a squad would do against another squad.

Just now, Armagon said:

On the contrary, I'd say it's a good idea to get a gauge of how well a squad would do against another squad.

What if the forecast tells me I'm going to demolish the enemy, then I get there and it turns out I was just going to get a crit and now the battle is much more even and I'm not ready for that?

No, I think I'd like an option to have the proper numbers shown to me. Is there such an option or not? And if not, how clear does the game make it when a forecast is the result of a crit, a low hit or any other "volatile" variable like that that could change on a whim of the RNG?

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20240316_142708.jpg?ex=660859b1&is=65f5e

Consul-Z.jpg.webp?ex=660859b2&is=65f5e4b

Engage for pure gameplay experience

Unicorn for Uniqueness

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What if the forecast tells me I'm going to demolish the enemy, then I get there and it turns out I was just going to get a crit and now the battle is much more even and I'm not ready for that?

With how complex battles later get that won't help, as you will have like 30 different actions and it's better to have an idea how your solution might solve the puzzle

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

With how complex battles later get that won't help, as you will have like 30 different actions and it's better to have an idea how your solution might solve the puzzle

Ah, I see. All right, then.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, I see. All right, then.

Also worth noting that there are skills that guarantee crits, dodges and even revies during battle.

The classes in this game are honestly much more complex than any FE class niche.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hey @Armagon

Do you have a Team online?

Not at the moment no.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The classes in this game are honestly much more complex than any FE class niche

+10000

The only 2 same-y classes are Muscle Humans and Muscle lions, as they have almost exact the same kit. Lions just get night boost extra