Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Of course, Smash 4 Bayo was nerfed because she was broken as well. Doubt you could find any non-Bayo players to disagree with that lol

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Also, they seem to have changed how Guarding/Superguarding works, or it's just me. He takes the stance as you press the button, and if you get hit during it, you block? 

Hmm... hard to say. Since, if there is a difference, it could also be the work of some new badge that alters the timing.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... hard to say. Since, if there is a difference, it could also be the work of some new badge that alters the timing.

Those Superguard timings seem very off to me, could be the Lucky dodges making it look deceptive, though.

Posted (edited)

A good example is Gloomtail's breath attack. considering the circumstances, it just feels off to me.

-

d8b3e9ff53f6743d77e9921dabe6ed8f.png

Why do they have those dupes!?

Morag is the only one who was changed in base game from "Melef" I guess. XD

ID 10 implies hooded Zeke was planned as a playable character?

Edited by Lightcosmo

GOPg5MpWEAA8r_f?format=jpg&name=medium

13a3c990-c7b1-4abf-8acf-3512c8a55833_tex

Also

GOPfOjpXkAAcuJz?format=jpg&name=large

Rean looks really weird in this style ngl.

12 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Cause i can admit when something isnt the way it should be?

But how do you know that's "not how it should be"? Games aren't a scientific formula, they are variable. Something that works in one game may not work the same way in another game and that thing is enjoyable in one instance but isn't in the other.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least I get to say my country doesn't actively support and supply the genocide. I think.

If only it was just the foreign policy. In like the past month or two we've had

• Two Supreme Court Justices seemingly agree Presidents have blanket immunity
    • to the point where a prosecutor asked Trump's lawyer if he could deploy Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival and suffer no consequence and the response was yes. Biden should test that theory then.
  • Additionally, one of those same Supreme Court Justices flew an insurrection flag outside his home. Blamed it on the wife since she was "countering the liberal signs in the neighborhood".
  • A House session devolved into a shouting match
  • Trump in a speech to the NRA floated the possibility of him doing a third term because damn the constitution i guess, as well as promising to put "young MAGA judges" so that they can be in power for 50 years.
    • He also saw the grim reaper for like 30 seconds during this speech.
  • Ohio Sec of State won't put Biden on the ballot because the "DNC convention is past the deadline" (they always extended it for Republicans)
  • Basically every Republican congressmen took a break from their jobs to go support Trump at court
  • Greg Abbot pardoned a convicted murderer who purposely drove his car into BLM protesters a few years ago
  • Republicans have presented the idea of a federal database for all pregnant women. Can't have pesky abortions now can we.

Notice how all of this is on the Right. The Left, aside from awful foreign policy here, is generally sane and has actually be doing some pretty good things (student loan forgiveness, net neutrality restoration, etc).

The problem of course, is that really bad foreign policy (honestly Biden was in a lose-lose scenario with this anyway given that a sizable population of the country is pro-Israel and APAIC would fund the fuck out of Trump if Biden fully changes his stance) and a lot of people i feel are blind to what a second Trump presidency would bring. "We'll let Trump win to teach Biden a lesson" as if Biden wouldn't just retire to the Bahamas for the remainder of his life while every progressive victory in the last few years gets reversed. Hell, as fucked as it is, voting Biden again helps Palestine in the long run. Biden at least is pushing for a two-state solution (lets be real, even in the best case scenario, Israel isn't just gonna vanish). Trump would see Gaza turned to glass and then have resorts built on it, never mind the fact that Netanhenyu is buddy buddy with Trump so "letting Trump win to teach Biden a lesson" is just doing Israel's bidding so i don't really see how that strategy helps Palestine in any way tbh. Oh, i wish this country had mandatory voting laws so i would no longer hear shit about how someone isn't going to vote.

A few days ago, a bunch of pro-Arab leaders in Michigan went to Trump advisors because they were understandably dissatisfied with Biden's admin. They left that meeting also dissatisfied because surprise, Trump's advisors didn't actually care about Palestine, repeating anti-Palestine remarks and really just looking for a way to get the Arab vote on their side. Like what did these guys think would happen honestly?

Ultimately i think Biden will pull through (incumbent advantage+GOP is broke as hell+abortion is a slam dunk issue) but it's going to be a really stressful year.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Changing the subject, I'm sure that you saw that Inti Creates will include their April Fool's joke game as a physical edition bonus in Card-en-Ciel.

I actually haven't but that's a cool thing.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

GOPfOjpXkAAcuJz?format=jpg&name=large

who the fuck is this

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

. The Left, aside from awful foreign policy here, is generally sane

"The left" you guys have over there can be barely called left tbh.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"We'll let Trump win to teach Biden a lesson"

i agree with you, but also "Vote us so others don't get it" is not a good pitch for any sane voter. It's like telling someone to punch themselves or we will kill you lmao.

Honestly if i was US american i don't think i would've voted either.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i wish this country had mandatory voting laws

nah. Mandatory voting sucks.

Have a good system instead of the pest or cholera shit you guys have.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ultimately i think Biden will pull throu

doubt tbh

10 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

who the fuck is this

It's Ran.

"The left" you guys have over there can be barely called left tbh.

We'll get there in like 50 years.

Honestly if i was US american i don't think i would've voted either.

The problem is that if you're upset at the current state of things and you choose not to vote.....well then you're not actually doing anything about it. All you're doing is leaving yourself to the mercy of the people that did vote.

11 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

doubt tbh

Abortion is the winning key here. GOP fucked up by reversing Roe v Wade and it's effects have already been heavily felt. Even a sizable number of right-leaning women are looking to vote for Biden over this.

But again, it'll be very close and stressful even though by all accounts, it shouldn't be.

Posted (edited)

The problem is that if you're upset at the current state of things and you choose not to vote.....well then you're not actually doing anything about it. All you're doing is leaving yourself to the mercy of the people that did vote

I know
And i agree with you.

Logically, Biden is the answer - But i think the situation is too emotional right now to consider logic alone. Too many people died. Too many feel betrayed by the ideals they grew up with. What they see is that human rights mean jack shit. Those who could decide the vote have family members that died.

Would be very hard to get to them. Many probably lost trust in democracy. I know some who did. "I will never vote again, it's all a lie." - A friend of mine who got naturalized over here, losing all trust in politics and feeling betrayed by everything they grew up with.

And that's not an uncommon opinion i hear from foreigner friends/those with foreign backgrounds.

We'll get there in like 50 years.

In 50 years people would be watching the remains of the american reich

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If only it was just the foreign policy. In like the past month or two we've had

Just what I needed to go with my internal state of mind, external fear and doom.😨

I can't bring myself to watch the news anymore, that's for sure. Not like I have any control over any of this. Perhaps it's better to not know the ship is sinking, if you don't see yourself ending up in a lifeboat.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

who the fuck is this

-Fret not Shrimpy, I see others kvetching over their return 😜, and kvetching about the kvetching.

If you didn't want to be reminded of them, sorry. I was trying to lighten the mood of both this topic and myself.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you didn't want to be reminded of them, sorry. I was trying to lighten the mood of both this topic and myself.

all good!

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry again to vent here

always welcome to! I don't have much to say, but hang in there!

24 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

always welcome to! I don't have much to say, but hang in there!

Thank you!🙂

For some reason, maybe b/c story-light and bright character designs, I started feeling the Etrian Odyssey itch again. I should probably finish my emulated EOIV run, need to see to the end of the adventure of these guys.:

EOIV-Caiah.pngEOIV-Kamaraja.pngEOIV-Mithrieu.pngEOIV-Caedicone.pngEOIV-Ghazorl.png

...Usually I choose to make my EO teams mixed-gender (affects nothing in gameplay), but eh, I'm gay. Why not indulge a homosocial liking once?😄 -Though the only design I'm actually attracted to here is the shirtless male dancer.😋 (Kamaraja is Sanskrit for "Lord of Desire", sounded like a good stripper name.) The blonde femboy was the very first Etrian Odyssey character I created, though I actually benched him early in that first playthrough, so I wanted him to shine this time. (And Caiah does indeed glow, given the boss strategy which explains why this particular team. -But that would take it's own dedicated paragraph to explain.😅)

...After a few hours of getting bruised and bruising in the labyrinth, perhaps I'll be normal enough again to resume SRWW tomorrow. Because I don't feel like playing it, or doing much else, right now. -Though typing stuff into this wonderful little topic here on SF does at least temporarily bring the mood to *sigh*😣-free stability.😆

34 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Let the franchise feel the favoritism! Approve a half-dozen experimental spinoffs!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let the franchise feel the favoritism! Approve a half-dozen experimental spinoffs!

Why…why would you even…?!?!

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FE with mechas, gogogo!

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

But how do you know that's "not how it should be"? Games aren't a scientific formula, they are variable. Something that works in one game may not work the same way in another game and that thing is enjoyable in one instance but isn't in the other.

Isnt that their jobs to work with those variables? They are paid to, after all!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Armagon said:

looks really weird in this style ngl

Spoilers! 

(Joking ofc)

Edited by Lightcosmo

Though seeing

Spoiler

Altina "grown up" was pretty neat, not gonna lie! 

Curious if Shizuna and Rean will re-match. Hopefully he gets shut down again.

Kuro spoilers, of course!

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Armagon said:

Picking Fox in Melee doesn't guarantee you win.

When I was in high school, there was a guy who always picked Fox and won half the time just from using his up-smash. I once beat Fox while playing as Mewtwo, but he had one stock and I had three.

11 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Juse seen the new Kuro 3 commercial! They are 

I can't believe the meme is over (even though Zin was missing for a longer span of time).

Spoiler

Ouroboros Vtuber isn't real, she can't hurt you

Ouroboros Vtuber:

sxlSJBo.png

(She doesn't actually help with their plans, she just makes reaction videos.)

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Rean looks really weird in this style ngl.

There will be a scene near the end of the game where Van discusses his romantic woes with Rean. Rean will respond "you should resolve it like I did, haha" and pull a picture out of his pocket...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"I believe the best Fire Emblem game is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE" -Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa

Edited by Lightchao42

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't believe the meme is over (even though Zin was missing for a longer span of time).

Zin was truly the butt of the joke.