Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, FMP hasn't reached the end of its first part yet? Guess I spoke too soon then about whether Guardon dies or gets to live for The Second Raid, haha. Well, we'll see.

Yeah FMP was the oddball, the story sure began in the first half of W, but it never concluded. Blade obviously didn't either, but FMP felt like they held back on it more strongly. Not to say the characters were absent, plenty of Sosuke, Kaname, and Bonta-kun, but actual plot was restrained (though again, I missed a piece or two).

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Since the unitary government, hijacked from the shadows by the Romfeller Foundation (OZ being their military wing),

...Even the tiniest split in 64 was Wing-themed. The oil barons bought themselves an Earth government.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, if you don't see TV Wing, or play through a SRW game that has it, then it's easy to miss that Quatre is effectively a "Desert Guerrilla Prince". The Sandrock was designed to be a lead unit to the mechs the Maganac use, as it was in part inspired by them. As for the Maganac themselves, I believe one of the plot points of early TV Wing is that unification of the Earth Sphere has been almost achieved, but there are still some countries, space colonies, and independent groups acting as holdouts. Since the unitary government, hijacked from the shadows by the Romfeller Foundation (OZ being their military wing), had basically become tyrannical and was conquering whoever wasn't joining willingly. The Maganac were one such group opposing them, operating not just in the Middle East and much of the Mediterranean, but also in space. That's how Quatre met them before becoming a Gundam Pilot, and why after he became one he was even encouraged to join the Maganac.

As it is, the Maganac are seldom used in SRW. Only in SRW 64 do they actually show up as actual on-map units. Their other appearance is in the form of the Maganac Corps attack for the Sandrock, and then as you saw in A, it's not in every game. I believe the attack only showed up for Alpha 2, Alpha 3, D, W, and L. Because of this, only the Maganac leader, Rashid, tends to show up in SRW. Although L did had two more actually show up in dialogue.

As always, thanks for the explanation.😀

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah FMP was the oddball, the story sure began in the first half of W, but it never concluded. Blade obviously didn't either, but FMP felt like they held back on it more strongly. Not to say the characters were absent, plenty of Sosuke, Kaname, and Bonta-kun, but actual plot was restrained (though again, I missed a piece or two).

I see. Guess it is a bit of a curve ball to thinking every series would be cleanly divided between the two parts. Then again, I should've already suspected as such for how it is with Tekkaman.

...Even the tiniest split in 64 was Wing-themed. The oil barons bought themselves an Earth government.

Well, the join OZ or not branch I wouldn't say was tiny, heh.

Hm? Gonna say I don't get the joke. Unless it's about Rockefeller, but I don't remember if they had oil ties.

As always, thanks for the explanation.😀

No problem!

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the join OZ or not branch I wouldn't say was tiny, heh.

Hm? Gonna say I don't get the joke. Unless it's about Rockefeller, but I don't remember if they had oil ties.

I just presumed the name "Romefeller" is -if in name only- a rift on Rockefeller. And the founder of the fabulously wealthy family (which for some Gilded Age and early 1900s lambasted like other millionaires of the era as owing the USA through their ill-gotten riches), John D. Rockefeller, made his fortune via founding the Standard Oil Company. After Progressive Era regulation broke it up b/c monopoly accusations, one fragment of the former company, Standard Oil New Jersey, ended up eventually becoming the modern ExxonMobil.

-And I meant the very short sub-split within the OZ branch itself- into OZ and Romefeller. (Which I only remember b/c coincidentally Romefeller gets you temporary Gato playability.)

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I see. Guess it is a bit of a curve ball to thinking every series would be cleanly divided between the two parts. Then again, I should've already suspected as such for how it is with Tekkaman.

So far, J felt tighter with Full Metal Panic!. As if, for its first appearance, SRW wanted the series to be told as cleanly as possible with a fairly steady flow. W comes off as more relaxed about FMP. -But then I've yet to strike The Second Raid. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just presumed the name "Romefeller" is -if in name only- a rift on Rockefeller. And the founder of the fabulously wealthy family (which for some Gilded Age and early 1900s lambasted like other millionaires of the era as owing the USA through their ill-gotten riches), John D. Rockefeller, made his fortune via Standard Oil Company. After regulation broke it up, one subsidiary, Standard Oil New Jersey, ended up eventually becoming the modern ExxonMobil.

Ah, okay, I see.

-And I meant the very short sub-split within the OZ branch itself- into OZ and Romefeller. (Which I only remember b/c coincidentally Romefeller gets you temporary Gato playability.)

Oh, right, I forgot about that. And I did mentioned up about the temporary Gato before, haha.

So far, J felt tighter with Full Metal Panic!. As if, for its first appearance, SRW wanted the series to be told as cleanly as possible with a fairly steady flow. W comes off as more relaxed about FMP. -But then I've yet to strike The Second Raid. 

Yeah, sometimes debuting series do get to have that level of focus. Though it's not always the case. And I don't mean stuff like Gundam Wing in Shin SRW. At least, I feel that's still too early in the franchise. Sometimes it's about how much it gets adapted, or the pacing, or what changes are done. Like, a good example is Rayearth. It's debut was in T, and yet it had the Autozam characters show up and join the group before the fight with Zagato happens (though Lantis still only shows up afterwards). And then there's the fact Fahreen and Chizeta don't show up at all. So those were already big changes to the plotline for a debut.

On 6/10/2024 at 3:15 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have you ever played the M&L games, actually?🤔

I did dl' BIS, but never played beyond the begining

But like PM, i also used to watch alot in my kiddy days

Edited by Codename Shrimp

20240610150049_1.jpg?ex=6669b173&is=6668

...Uhh.

20240611072945_1.jpg?ex=6669b173&is=6668

I'd like to grandly introduce you to the triple communist alliance of Russia, China, and, uh, also Russia.

image.png?ex=6669b1c9&is=66686049&hm=07f

Also I don't why only Order got its name changed to what it's supposed to represent but that aside, I'm reminded how Freedom, this game's stand in for liberalism, is the only ideology that isn't recommended for a domination victory.

4msamg1vdwx21.png?ex=6669b9ca&is=6668684a&hm=80b11c2f0bdac2e765aa31ae9d2f685ba8bc3c02cbcfafa1055c08913c2a9b47&French_Empire_17th_century-20th_century.png?ex=6669b9ea&is=6668686a&hm=2a5c17468e59eb9b2fd6897de15f43adbcd9b5c604b2c9b7cb4edb39797732a2&

You know, liberalism.

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-At least they said they'll show real footage two months from now. Not sure why not now, but two months ain't so bad.

-Except for all the hardcore fans who incessantly complain about the terrible Civ VI AI. You'll find many of those on the Web if you know where to look. -Fortunately I'm a more casual player who plays to see my virtual empire relaxingly grow like a garden.

Alright time for predictions/personal wishes.

Unironically think they should have Lenin be the next leader of Russia, not even because I like him, I just think Civ should be braver when it comes to controversial leaders. They can't just have the few token warmongering civs that softly imply a very racist assumption towards Mongolia, Zulu, and The Aztecs.

Not-Enough-of-a-Spaceship.png

Not in common enough.

A-Future-That-Was-Averted.png

Thanks to your scolding, Man Who'll Die Unloved, such a future has been averted for Sosuke.

Scenario 36, the Gauron hijacking. Expected. As I've before, it's fighting a bunch of ZAFT (now led by some Muassim sub commander that J didn't have) for the sake of there being an SRW battle here, and to give Gauron somebody to suicide the submarine into. No Hakkeshu this time obviously, and the ocean of war has changed from the Pacific to the western seaboard of Africa.

There were some serious differences from J though. Rather than Danaan be empty save of Tuatha crew and Kaname, all the presently recruited heroes were aboard having a 500000km party. Which created a semi-awkward situation where they have to deploy while Gauron controls the ship. Gauron doesn't order the ship to charge forward into the ZAFT forces either, instead he has it shoots missiles at the heroes. Uruz 1 in his utterly-microscopic appearance got killed when Gauron broke free and Trowa was wounded. Sosuke was sulking on the ship (Zayed, Mao taking a hit for Sosuke from Gauron in the prior fight (which was done on Hell Island in J) away from everyone else, so he was around to help Chidori reach the Chapel. Tessa went into more detail about how Kaname took control of the ship, complete with a very typical above-the-breasts-as-if-implying-nudity CG of a young lady with her eyes closed (on the one hand, I get it's the Japanese concept of soul-nudity, yet on the other I think it to be pervasive case of the straight male gaze). Tessa also realized Gauron is working with HIM, who she didn't outright say was but clearly meant her brother, she was completely calm about it so I suppose she knows that he ain't good.

Sosuke, thanks to Kaname and Kurz, got over his dislike of the Lambda Driver taken care of before jumping into battle as well. -Or not, considering once Gauron was defeated, it turned out the Bionet cyborg with ze awful stereotypical French ran off with Kaname and Tessa (Gauron's "surrender" was part of the plan to snag 'em). A Super crime syndicate working with a Real criminal group, logical. So rather than this be the cathartic end to Sosuke's development as in J, it's an emotional rollercoaster for him. One where he's back to wanting to be alone and hating the Lambda Driver again. Sosuke's emotions are brought out much more in W. (I like the kiddo.)

-As for the fight between these two points, well as I said I'm not getting Nicol on this run. But, I wanted to try fulfilling what conditions I could anyhow, so I beelined the Blitz Gundam, not knowing when Gauron would show up. This map gave me 17 deployment slots, which gives me hope that I might have more room on my final team than I imagined that I would. Nadesico B is away at a Mithril base for repairs, presumably Valstork was too, so no Valguard here. The Tekkamen and Guy had to pick up the slack.

Perfect-Placement-Guy.png

And Guy very much did so. A Valor'ed MAP Gatling Driver was just what I needed. If only I had Enable on hand. ZAFT loooooved targeting GaoFighGar as I knew it would, and he built up Will very quickly, Protect Wall negating much of the incoming fire. He didn't need Strike to hit the stolen Gundams either, since for all the oceanic warfare these units go through, SRW slaps them with a C-Water rank, which means as long as they say in the blue, their evasiveness takes a serious hit (and the Mirage Colloid wasn't active yet). Yzak is still annoying though, since the Assault Shroud gives him double the HP of the other two. Gauron doesn't show up until the ZAFT submarine is sunk, so I took my time destroying all the ZAFT forces first. And while I prepared for a potential escape from the map once Gauron was defeated, but his suicide explosion in W has been reduced to something smaller aimed specifically at Sosuke and which got blocked by the Lambda Driver.

As an aside, I noticed Tekkaman Blade got some updated cut-ins and animations for his attacks? Neat. And I forgot to mention last time that during his eight month absence, D-Boy determined that the Radam mothership has hidden itself inside the Moon. Couldn't have happened in J, what with the world's greatest insecticide- larseilam.

40 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'd like to grandly introduce you to the triple communist alliance of Russia, China, and, uh, also Russia.

18209.jpg

-The guy in the middle is the son of the last tsar (right) of this Not-Russia, and it's ruler.

43 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Also I don't why only Order got its name changed to what it's supposed to represent but that aside, I'm reminded how Freedom, this game's stand in for liberalism, is the only ideology that isn't recommended for a domination victory.

4msamg1vdwx21.png?ex=6669b9ca&is=6668684a&hm=80b11c2f0bdac2e765aa31ae9d2f685ba8bc3c02cbcfafa1055c08913c2a9b47&French_Empire_17th_century-20th_century.png?ex=6669b9ea&is=6668686a&hm=2a5c17468e59eb9b2fd6897de15f43adbcd9b5c604b2c9b7cb4edb39797732a2&

You know, liberalism.

Gameplay differentiation > the tragic reality. 

...Though I've heard it said that you tech to Ideologies quickly enough, the free Foreign Legions one tenet gives can be used to rush down a backwards opponent.

50 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright time for predictions/personal wishes.

Unironically think they should have Lenin be the next leader of Russia, not even because I like him, I just think Civ should be braver when it comes to controversial leaders. They can't just have the few token warmongering civs that softly imply a very racist assumption towards Mongolia, Zulu, and The Aztecs.

The Aztecs were surprisingly well-rounded in both V and VI once you get past the impression the leader makes though. V- the Floating Gardens are great for tall play aka the only play V allows. Extra Amenities and letting Builders (even if the intent is that you kill other units to make some) rush District construction in VI was nice.

I would also say the Roosevelt Corollary leader ability in VI was pretty rooted in America's dark side (it is named after the embodiment of some of TR's bad views). Extra strength on the home continent, aka "we'll crush/Manifest Destiny over our continent-sharers".

-Although I do acknowledge there is a difference between having bellicose abilities, and having a certain kind of bellicose leader.

Yet, even then we have Denmark in V/Norway in VI as an all-war European civ, leader included. And at the same time, VI tried branching out with a rather peaceful-looking Kublai Khan for Mongolia & China, whose leader ability leaned towards economics, not so much war. There's also Germany, which Civ likes emphasizing industrialism & (particularly modern) militarism with ...but refuses thank the universe to pick its most disagreeable yet war-associated ruler.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not-Enough-of-a-Spaceship.png

Not in common enough.

You really should get V, if only for the novelty of the Tuatha IN SPACE.

Scenario 37- Another little route split, GaoGaiGar to one side, literally everyone else on the other. I picked Paris here, since it does have one of the two route-specific secrets I was going to go for on this Super run. Mazinger Team + Getter are back, though the start of this mission was slow without Guy and Kazuma and the need to almost kill Frenchy before they arrive. The rest of the Super AIs have returned too, though not Mic, since he's weeding out the Radam trees with Disc X (basically stalemating the Radam). After the heroic reinforcements, the annoying cyborg invokes his magic Q-Part and his atrocious accent I finally get to bury.

-Well, the Mycenaeans do, and the Q-Part they take. Wave after wave of their Mechabeasts without end, got tedious why didn't the Combat Revue help?, but that was the narrative point. The Psychobears still have their -10 Will & -30 SP (even on sub-pilots) Curse attack, very annoying.😑 When the story ended the battle ...why did Koji leave Mazinkaiser in Japan, weren't repairs done by now? The Mycenaeans take the UN Assembly hostage kill Colbert for me please, and have seized major cities across the world. Yowzas! Where's the Grand Chers when you need them? ...W REALLY wanted to compensate for the irrelevant laughingstock J made of the Great General of Darkness and his goons.🤣

Will continue this a little later. Will the Mycenaeans's initial bite turn out to be all they have? Or will they actually be a lasting threat?😜

(Random thinking- GoLion (when W's story gets back to it), FMP, SEED, what remains of Tekkaman Blade 1; the only full-length anime in W's second half. Everything else at this point I've checked to be either an OVA, a movie, or a manga in the case of ASTRAY. I don't know how much if at all the media form itself affects SRW and the license's presence therein, but I ponder if on some subtle level it does.)

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You really should get V, if only for the novelty of the Tuatha IN SPACE.

Yes yes yes, I know.😛

Though I do see how spacecraft could be seriously relevant to submarine design. The vacuum of space and the column of water feature similar-ish problems for humankind.

...I had also watched a video that touched on life in a WWI submarine. Not exactly heaven on Earth. The Tuatha de Danaan is absolutely totally definitely a far cry from those old things, and has fantasy technology behind it. Plus modern submarine life is better than it used to be (food quality ought to be better at least). Yet I couldn't help but think how it must be😆 -though Mithril is a bunch of elite mercenaries, so I don't think they're the kind to feel any discomfort from life underwater in a steel tube.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

W REALLY wanted to compensate for the irrelevant laughingstock J made of the Great General of Darkness and his goons.🤣

Between GC not having them and J giving them scraps... yeah, they do be compensating in W. XD

(Random thinking- GoLion (when W's story gets back to it), FMP, SEED, what remains of Tekkaman Blade 1; the only full-length anime in W's second half. Everything else at this point I've checked to be either an OVA, a movie, or a manga in the case of ASTRAY. I don't know how much if at all the media form itself affects SRW and the license's presence therein, but I ponder if on some subtle level it does.)

It certainly does. Shorter works have much less content to adapt. So if you need to pad the rooster or mission structure, then they're good option to put in. You can also give them more to do to have a purpose beyond their own storyline.

Look at Endless Waltz. There's a reason why it tends to be used often in SRW. It's plot can be done in just 1-2 maps (Compact 3 holds record here in that it only uses 1 map, and the story just throws you into the finale already, with all five Wing boys joining at once). I think the most it has been done was in 3-4 (in both Compact and Alpha Gaiden).

However, its inclusion tends to give you up to 7 units (the five boys, Zechs, and Noin). Preventer can serve as an ally organization for support and intel to the playable party. And it also gives you a character like Relena to serve functions like being a diplomat, again, allied to the party. Like how you saw in A, she was the one dealing with the Balm and Jovians negotiations wise.

Simply put, a license can offer a lot, even if it doesn't have much to itself.

Yes yes yes, I know.😛

Though I do see how spacecraft could be seriously relevant to submarine design. The vacuum of space and the column of water feature similar-ish problems for humankind.

Kinda. It's not the same, but it certainly is similar enough to not be too different.

...I had also watched a video that touched on life in a WWI submarine. Not exactly heaven on Earth. The Tuatha de Danaan is absolutely totally definitely a far cry from those old things, and has fantasy technology behind it. Plus modern submarine life is better than it used to be (food quality ought to be better at least). Yet I couldn't help but think how it must be😆 -though Mithril is a bunch of elite mercenaries, so I don't think they're the kind to feel any discomfort from life underwater in a steel tube.

Oh, indeed. Tuatha also likely has further advantage of being Whispered designed... I think? So even further conveniences.

JYYuAQt.jpeg

wdym wait

are you giving me AP to wait

or are you just thrusting me into this without any warning or AP or anything????

Fuck this map man i actually hate it

Edited by Codename Shrimp

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Aztecs were surprisingly well-rounded in both V and VI once you get past the impression the leader makes though. V- the Floating Gardens are great for tall play aka the only play V allows. Extra Amenities and letting Builders (even if the intent is that you kill other units to make some) rush District construction in VI was nice.

I would also say the Roosevelt Corollary leader ability in VI was pretty rooted in America's dark side (it is named after the embodiment of some of TR's bad views). Extra strength on the home continent, aka "we'll crush/Manifest Destiny over our continent-sharers".

-Although I do acknowledge there is a difference between having bellicose abilities, and having a certain kind of bellicose leader.

Yet, even then we have Denmark in V/Norway in VI as an all-war European civ, leader included. And at the same time, VI tried branching out with a rather peaceful-looking Kublai Khan for Mongolia & China, whose leader ability leaned towards economics, not so much war. There's also Germany, which Civ likes emphasizing industrialism & (particularly modern) militarism with ...but refuses thank the universe to pick its most disagreeable yet war-associated ruler.

It's more the consistency across the series that I'm critiquing, how the civs mentioned are more or less consistently given a warmonger focus across the franchise even if other returning civs can be entirely different between versions. Imagine, a Mongolia inspired by the buffer state situation of the communist state during the Cold War without even a hint of reference to the Mongol Empire...

Or in the case of the Aztecs, literally just give us Mexico already, wtf.

There's also mentioning how they define personality for AI civs. In the case of Germany, neither Bismark nor Barbarossa are particularly warmongery in the same way Shaka and Temujin are, and you can analyze how AI behavior stats in both games typically put Germany and other western military civs like it with behavior stats that depict a strong yet honorable warrior type while non-western military civs tend to be all out aggressive and hostile, always an obstacle, never an ally.

I was ready to concede on the point of Norway and Denmark, but upon checking the behavioral stats, Denmark in V actually ranks lower on willingness to declare war and production of offensive units than both the Aztecs and Zulu, although hostility remains the same. The wiki doesn't have anything about behavior stats on 6 so nothing to say about Norway.

The Huns and Scythia are also worth noting for being the only two Central Asian civs aside from Mongolia that have ever been represented and they too both focus on heavily military despite all being separate civs. It's the type of thing where it almost seems like Firaxis unconsciously sees these civs as the barbarian civs, something that I think is also emphasized in the preferred ideologies in V of those mentioned.

Germany, ironically enough, has Order, the stand in for communism, as their preferred ideology, emphasizing their militaristic and industrial focus, same goes for Denmark. The Aztecs and Zulu and Mongols however of course, have autocracy as their preferred ideology.

23 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Speakin as one who hasn’t tried that one yet, what’s the problem?

Basically, it involves an LOT of grinding to get your spells and in order to actually do shit you also have to equip these guardian spirits so that you can get an stat boost or something. I really don't know, the UI is pretty horrible when it comes to that type of feedback.

I also tried out #7 and got mauled by listening to Cloud's tip about attacking the mech before it unleashes it's powerful move.

Fuck you, Cloud.

Idk, I generally hate JRPGs, anyways

Edited by Armchair General

21 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Never had any issues myself with it!

Got a question and you might be the best one to ask

How do you use weapons as items in battles in FF4 3D? Or can you do that?

Scenario 38 took a while. The Great General of Darkness was very confident, embracing his time! in the SRW spotlight. Tetsuya was equally as provocative of the fellow bearer of the title of "Great". A bombastic start for sure.😀

To keep the severely-damaged Mazinger Z, I had to destroy the Great General of Darkness within five turns. 85k HP, 2k Armor, Break Will Limit, beginning at 130 Will while all the heroes are at the base 100, the lack of MaZ/kaiser denying me Rust Tornado, the living fossil of a Greek is beefy.😐 He also applied Strike every turn, not that it mattered too much with almost of the heroes here not reliant on non-Alert/Flash evasion. Thankfully HoRyu's Attack debuff still worked, so I could at least neuter whitey's offense. While simultaneously carving through his Mechabeasts and being mindful of the Psychobears, with a hint of Valor, I was able to defeat the Great General on turn 4.

...Fully heals himself.😑 Not much of a surprise though. Koji then defies the odds and takes Mazinkaiser back, Tetsuya does his usual act of self-sacrifice to help Kabuto, but thankfully wasn't actually shot down this time. Duke Gorgon takes the field, but soon regrets it, Getter explains its mandatory deployment with a Shin Shine Spark, Koji follows with a Kaiser Nova! I'd heard of the latter before listening to Alpha 3's rendition of the Mazinkaiser BGM, but I never saw it and assumed the technique exclusive to the SRW-originated Mazinkaiser, not the Mazinkaiser Mazinkaiser. My opinion on it? Who needs a sword?😝 Kaiser Nova awesome!😄 I checked to see if this quietly unlocked   Fi- then the action gave me Dynamic Double Impact, that's new, more physical than the technique I was checking for, an okay substitute. Full HP/EN/SP restores on Getter and Great too.

I blew through Gorgon, Hadias, and the Lizard General all in one turn, a little over 30k HP each but so much more pliant than their leader. I also really liked how, taking advantage of this being a route split, when the narrative tide turned in the heroes' favor, the rest of Neue Warter were busy smiting the rest of the Great General's commanders. That pleasantly kept grunt reinforcements out of the picture too. Birdler fell on the turn next, and I juuuuust needed one more I think to let Koji land the gameplay kill on the Ankoku Daishogun. And there it was, Final Dynamic Special! Lookin' goooood!🤩 Now I get why Getter was tossed into W, good old Getter-Mazinger bonding. Worth it? Sure, why not for this pretty big boom moment?😆🍿

The Great General's last words warns against an unnamed thre- and Aria steals the stolen Q-Part.🤨 Obviously it was the Database (a moniker the heroes gave it right before the end to the first half) old man meant, though the heroes say the Database hasn't been seen since that tragic day.

Ship-side in momentary respite again, Ruri says the Martian Successors have Kaname and Tessa, must be wanting to put them through Yurika's cruel fate. Yeah, I don't think captivity on Mars was on Full Metal Panic!'s storyboard.😛 Though the scene and episode ends before Kazuma hears what else Ruri wants to say. Checking the intermission menu, yup, little Mazinger Z is still there, and it copied Mazinkaiser's prior upgrades, but almost worthless. I also notice that Lowe got a flight frame for his Gundam Astray Red Frame, and there's some new FMP guy who has joined up with like a prototype M9.

I liked this scenario b/c cool attacks! ...Though I don't think I'll regret not taking it up on my NG+ run. Spongy big baddy you have to kill twice ...even if I had plenty of Valor SP left on my weaker units.😅 Mazinkaiser vs. the Great General of Darkness had its fleeting two-minutes in the Stoner Sunshine, and it was appropriately epic.😉

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd heard of the latter before listening to Alpha 3's rendition of the Mazinkaiser BGM, but I never saw it and assumed the technique exclusive to the SRW-originated Mazinkaiser, not the Mazinkaiser Mazinkaiser. My opinion on it? Who needs a sword?😝 Kaiser Nova awesome!😄 

It is kinda exclusive to OG Kaiser, and the sword to Mazin Kaiser. Though W is the only time Kaiser has both attacks at its disposal, I believe. Every other time it's one or the other.

And there it was, Final Dynamic Special! Lookin' goooood!🤩 Now I get why Getter was tossed into W, good old Getter-Mazinger bonding. Worth it? Sure, why not for this pretty big boom moment?😆🍿

Savor it, since I believe it's the last time it shows up, chronologically. Or was it Z1? Or did AP was released after them? Either way, they're the last times. Though if I recall, datamining SRW 30 showed unused data for the Final Dynamic Special, indicating it would've been part of the DLC. Sadly, it never came to be.

I liked this scenario b/c cool attacks! ...Though I don't think I'll regret not taking it up on my NG+ run. Spongy big baddy you have to kill twice ...even if I had plenty of Valor SP left on my weaker units.😅 Mazinkaiser vs. the Great General of Darkness had its fleeting two-minutes in the Stoner Sunshine, and it was appropriately epic.😉

Well, redeemed from their J appearance at least, heh.

21 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I also tried out #7 and got mauled by listening to Cloud's tip about attacking the mech before it unleashes it's powerful move.

Fuck you, Cloud.

To be fair, that's a mistranslation, or at least poor choice of ordering the words. I think that's been corrected in either the PC version or latter ports, I think.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

You can. Just go to items and select the item twice (once is if you want to change weapon/shield mid-battle, if I recall). If you want to use equipped ones, press up at the top of the item list.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, that's a mistranslation, or at least poor choice of ordering the words. I think that's been corrected in either the PC version or latter ports, I think

Well, I might have misread it, but the text only pops up for an few seconds, anyways

KAiSYFC.jpeg

FINALLY

lsK3bDX.jpeg

I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Man

This map wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fucking bonus Objectives <.<

Chc6KjZ.jpeg
VWwckuj.jpeg

Hmm i see. A puzzle map. Sounds fun

AXg8012.jpeg

Butterfly effect

Just now, Armchair General said:

Well, I might have misread it, but the text only pops up for an few seconds, anyways

No, it is faulty. The text uses two boxes, but the first one is Cloud telling to attack... and the second telling you of the counterattack if you do. And the delay is enough to dupe someone into attacking. They handled it wrong, but as I said, I believe it was corrected in future ports/versions.

It's probably not too severe if you were a FF fan, or were playing the games in order. IV, V, VI, and VII all use this gimmick with their first boss. So you could see it coming even if the text box seemed to mislead you.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's probably not too severe if you were a FF fan, or were playing the games in order

I'm not and this is literally my second FF game, lmao. And it'll probably be my last one

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

It's more the consistency across the series that I'm critiquing,

I'm inclined to throw Civs 1-4 in a storeroom. They're extremely dated by this point, and so are some of their perspectives. Civs V and VI are where the franchise begins taking history more seriously and in a more modern way. -Though I concede that the franchise wouldn't have the great notoriety it continues to, without those problematic earlier entries.

Imagine, a Mongolia inspired by the buffer state situation of the communist state during the Cold War without even a hint of reference to the Mongol Empire...

The Mongol Empire of old was the world's largest contiguous land empire though. That's a not-insignificant claim to fame in history.

The now-forever-dropped use of Mao and Stalin in earlier Civs aside (and I prefer they stay gone), we haven't had any communist states represented in Civ yet either. And were we to get a communist-flavored civ, Tito's Yugoslavia almost unquestionably would be the first one. Buffer state Mongolia would has to wait on that.

Or in the case of the Aztecs, literally just give us Mexico already, wtf.

Sure, I'd be fine adding Mexico. The Aztecs are inevitably going to feature too b/c they're too well-known and haven't skipped a game. But if Canada can make it in, no reason Mexico can't.

The Huns and Scythia are also worth noting for being the only two Central Asian civs aside from Mongolia that have ever been represented and they too both focus on heavily military despite all being separate civs.

Tomyris at least is portrayed more as an honorable warrior than a brutal conqueror. And as for the Huns, I've heard it argued they were a bad choice for a civ in Civ anyhow, we're not even sure where they came from (the Xiongnu hypothesis I've heard is quite problematic), and they left little behind, and their one big famous thing was the short-lived Attila. The Scythians were an improvement on that, and at least they have the Kurgans as something not-military.

We did have a Samarkand city-state in Civ VI, but I think we could use a full-on sedentary Central Eurasian civ (Sogdia, Greco-Bactria?). Civ has also struggled with representing the lifestyle of nomadic peoples- the franchise has been since its inception built around the sedentary city. If they could come up with a solution for that, a peaceful nomad civ could be very fun.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It certainly does. Shorter works have much less content to adapt. So if you need to pad the rooster or mission structure, then they're good option to put in. You can also give them more to do to have a purpose beyond their own storyline.

Look at Endless Waltz. There's a reason why it tends to be used often in SRW. It's plot can be done in just 1-2 maps (Compact 3 holds record here in that it only uses 1 map, and the story just throws you into the finale already, with all five Wing boys joining at once). I think the most it has been done was in 3-4 (in both Compact and Alpha Gaiden).

However, its inclusion tends to give you up to 7 units (the five boys, Zechs, and Noin). Preventer can serve as an ally organization for support and intel to the playable party. And it also gives you a character like Relena to serve functions like being a diplomat, again, allied to the party. Like how you saw in A, she was the one dealing with the Balm and Jovians negotiations wise.

Simply put, a license can offer a lot, even if it doesn't have much to itself.

Helps that Gundam Wing is pretty ordinary, it doesn't need anything imposed on the world lorewise to fit it in. -Though then I think of Dancouga in J, and that SRW could simply brush Muge and Muge Space out of existence.

Good points BTW!😃

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, indeed. Tuatha also likely has further advantage of being Whispered designed... I think? So even further conveniences.

Certainly wouldn't have one issue that gasoline submarines had. The air permeated with engine fumes; the submersible's internal heat meeting the cold water outside, resulting in "sweat" along the walls and ceiling of the submarine. When the sweat mixed with the gas vapors, you'd see little puddles of petrol pooling atop your coffee and soup.😋 

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It is kinda exclusive to OG Kaiser, and the sword to Mazin Kaiser. Though W is the only time Kaiser has both attacks at its disposal, I believe. Every other time it's one or the other.

Mazinkaiser W Mode!🤪

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Savor it, since I believe it's the last time it shows up, chronologically. Or was it Z1? Or did AP was released after them?

Here's your answer.😉:

🍿

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though if I recall, datamining SRW 30 showed unused data for the Final Dynamic Special, indicating it would've been part of the DLC. Sadly, it never came to be.

Should I blame the pandemic? Or maybe there's another reason for that. With Shin Getter Dragon, 30 would've brought something special to its rendition. Think that Grendizer U thing you posted about once before could be the reason behind a new FDS?

15 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe this was bound to happen to someone who chose the highest difficulty first time? Increased the likelihood you would eventually hit a hellish map.

-Though I doubt it has seriously affected your opinion of the game, given how much you were enjoying it before, I imagine you've rolled with it.😀

17 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Butterfly effect

ButterfliesxPsychology. Name an insect that goes better with the inner workings of the human mind.🦋🧠😛

1 hour ago, Capt. Fargus said:

As stated above, you should be able by clicking in twice. I believe doing so only once allows for item organisation?