Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

36 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looking at the text, is this AI generated?

"Hayato is the legal responsibility of the Birthright parental generation"

- The good wiki

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

trains apparently ran from NYC to St. Augustine, but that was the literal end of the line.

...Until Flagler decided to extend the railroads.🛤️🤑 His interest in expanding Florida's tourism industry led him to realize further south = more sun & warmth. Palm Beach was another major patronage project of his. Flagler wasn't as in love with Miami, but he did eventually lay down trackage and add a hotel there.

Flagler's last contribution to the Florida coast was the Florida East Coast Railway connecting Miami to Key West. In 1905, 4000 men started on 128 miles (206km) and 34 islands.

Remember what was taken from us.

Did you already know all this?😅 -Or did I just give you somebody (other than Disney) to hate for all the darned tourists?😆

Didn't know but this guy was building railroads and that sounds cool. It's not like the trains would've solely existed for the sake of tourism anyways.

As for modern terminology "the Northeast" is a better choice of phrasing for the area from Maine to at least Pennsylvania, maybe DC or even Richmond.😀 

Fair enough.

Hearing there's an investigation into Le Pen's election funding that's been worked on the last few years..... I mean, maybe consequences can be real? Good if it gets brought to light something is there and it gets proven.

On less serious stuff, I guess Fusion next? Surprised I only realised today 3 of the 2D Metroids have stealth elements. Wonder if MP4 (probably not) or the next 2D Metroid will lean more on it.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like it.😐

Not even one proofreader.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wikipedia lists several.😛

And I might've been wrong about Philly and NYC sharing one, but that's been my personal definition over the years.😝 A singular central economic metropole defining the term I was not aware of.

The fact they share multiple and Maryland doesn't have one with New Jersey sounds like the start of a joke

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Hayato is the legal responsibility of the Birthright parental generation"

- The good wiki

Honestly, I find the line funny (That's a flair if I've ever seen one), but it's still sad how bad that is and what that says for the quality of work done by those involved in that Wiki's upkeep.

Doesn't help the Wikia Wiki was already solid on unit analysis for Fates

I wonder why even squid of all things to have a specific catch contest. I only caught like seven, so it took a few tries to trigger first place, pft.

Okay, only the Winter Harvest Festival left...

56 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Also wtf are they feeding the kids over in Spain. A 16 yo doing all that is crazy

All that training running from bulls has paid off.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/07/sonic-team-boss-really-wants-to-make-a-new-sonic-the-hedgehog-rpg

Now I'm reminded Sonic Chronicles exists. Though I never played it, I've read it ended on a cliffhanger, and legal issues (possible plagiarism) prevented the sequel, of which start-to-end details have been provided, from ever being made. 

@Acacia Sgt I'm not sure how much to trust Internet comments 😏, but I did see some which might explain why Detonator Orgun and Tekkaman Blade resemble each other. That being -one officially, one unofficially- they're both reboots of the original Tekkaman: The Space Knight. The original series ended with a cliffhanger, yet wasn't popular enough to get more (Wikipedia cites a planned 52 episodes being cut to 26). Blade and Orgun were coincidental same-time attempts to resurrect the failed idea. If notes on the missing second half endure, maybe the talented writers at Banpresto could do something with them.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

On less serious stuff, I guess Fusion next? Surprised I only realised today 3 of the 2D Metroids have stealth elements. Wonder if MP4 (probably not) or the next 2D Metroid will lean more on it.

Samus is a space ninja. A lithe warrior of a select few weapons used with care, not some Galactic Rambo.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

The fact they share multiple and Maryland doesn't have one with New Jersey sounds like the start of a joke

For MarylandxNew Jersey to work, Delaware would need to cease existing. It's one of those colonial oddities, like how fragmentary New England is. Albeit in a discussion of worldwide colonialism, Delaware is way less weird than The Gambia.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, I'd say once you cross the Mason-Dixon, it's already the Upper South, not Northeast.

I take offense at being called "Southern".😝

Though it is true that if you ignored the Delaware downturn...

Mason-dixon-line.gif

...that southernmost NJ falls below the Line. (Aside- Princeton University had one-third of its students come from the South prior to the Civil War.)

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

All that training running from bulls has paid off.

"Training"? I think you mean "weeding out of the weak".😛

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure how much to trust Internet comments 😏, but I did see some which might explain why Detonator Orgun and Tekkaman Blade resemble each other. That being -one officially, one unofficially- they're both reboots of the original Tekkaman: The Space Knight. The original series ended with a cliffhanger, yet wasn't popular enough to get more (Wikipedia cites a planned 52 episodes being cut to 26). Blade and Orgun were coincidental same-time attempts to resurrect the failed idea. If notes on the missing second half endure, maybe the talented writers at Banpresto could do something with them.

Hmm, interesting.

Well, SRW has in fact done stuff like that already. I believe one such example happens right in SRW X itself.

For MarylandxNew Jersey to work, Delaware would need to cease existing. It's one of those colonial oddities, like how fragmentary New England is. Albeit in a discussion of worldwide colonialism, Delaware is way less weird than The Gambia.

Well, it depends. Delaware broke off from Pennsylvania since the latter grew large enough they wanted more autonomy (what became Delaware was the main power center for a time since Penn wanted sea access for his colony). Wouldn't see that as too weird since it's more or less how US territorial divisions would happen. Territories being reshaped, divided, and finally admitted as states depending on factors like population.

I take offense at being called "Southern".😝

Well, I mean, it's a division that predates the American Revolution. DC might've been chosen as the place to put the capital due to being central, but even back then, Maryland-Virginia were always considered as part of the "South". Hence Upper South, to differentiate them from the Carolinas and Georgia, who were the Deep South / Old Southeast.

Though it is true that if you ignored the Delaware downturn...

Mason-dixon-line.gif

...that southernmost NJ falls below the Line. (Aside- Princeton University had one-third of its students come from the South prior to the Civil War.)

Well, as I mentioned, Delaware being once one entity with Pennsylvania is why the Mason-Dixon makes that sharp turn.

The region was certainly more blurry in terms of North-South, for sure.

"Training"? I think you mean "weeding out of the weak".😛

Natural Selection at work? XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

yZHADDD.jpg

I used to think Van would just be an edgy bracer but I was wrong, he's actually the most relatable Trails protagonist.

On 7/7/2024 at 8:16 PM, Armagon said:

I would remove the Satan worship and just make them Nazis.

That sounds like those who slither in the dark.

On 7/8/2024 at 12:01 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I didn't watch the video, but only three minutes ago did I look and read comments elsewhere that they brought back Emerl, who now I see is in the vid you posted.😅

Sonic Battle is not a great game. The story is long and repetitively filled with fights, Emerl skill-acquiring is random, and why can I charge up my special attacks into insta-kills? However, I give Sega a few points for attempting something between a traditional fighting game and Super Smash Bros. And the sprites are nice while the GBA 3D battlefields are a technical novelty for the portable. Most importantly- I played and completed Sonic Battle ages ago.😆 That being so, seeing the old orange learning android return cracks a small smile from me.😄

I think Sonic Battle is more remembered for its plot than its gameplay, which Emerl is a big part of. And Chaos is in it, which gives it points in my book.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Emerl make an appearance for the first time in 20 years (and in such a cool fashion too), so I'm looking forward to seeing how the short expands on Shadow's history.

22 hours ago, Benice said:

It's good to be back!

Welcome back. May you endeavor to be the mightiest oboist the world has ever seen.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Biblically accurate legendary

Do you think Arceus stays in heaven because it, too, lives in fear of what it created?

Shrek 5 is real.

It's all ogre in 2026, assuming no delays

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Also wtf are they feeding the kids over in Spain. A 16 yo doing all that is crazy

So they don't do a Neymar Jr. in terms of hyping him up right?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Samus is a space ninja. A lithe warrior of a select few weapons used with care, not some Galactic Rambo.

Sure doesn't feel that way tearing through the space pirates after getting the Gravity Suit.

I am not doubting her stealth (you'd assume it'd be useful for some bounties), but

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Great, I screwed it up.

https://phoneky.co.uk/thumbs/screensavers/down/movies/pingunodem_9o7vvkco.gif

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now I'm reminded Sonic Chronicles exists. Though I never played it, I've read it ended on a cliffhanger, and legal issues (possible plagiarism) prevented the sequel, of which start-to-end details have been provided, from ever being made. 

Oh, you could have an RPG on the travails of the game, from the music likely being the way it is due to technical difficulties, the cliffhanger ending and sequel getting canned and of course, Ken Penders. Just, Penders. He's not even on the development and is Sonic's Space Flea from out of Nowhere

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

yZHADDD.jpg

I used to think Van would just be an edgy bracer but I was wrong, he's actually the most relatable Trails protagonist.

Fricking internet is depressing fictional characters now /s

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Do you think Arceus stays in heaven because it, too, lives in fear of what it created?

Damm kids finding the Azure Flute to go bother it.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So they don't do a Neymar Jr. in terms of hyping him up right?

If the euros is anything to go by - Nope

That said, they need to take extra care of him.

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As one who enjoyed their time in the ivory towers, glad you're doing so too!😀

Thank you!

Nice! Nature is good for the soul, may it soothe you when uni times are rough!

Yeah! I definitely need to get outside more this year. There are so many INCREDIBLE beaches that are really quiet all over the place, and the waterfront is so nice... I only biked out to them twice last year, though.

By pure coincidence, for years, if I've had this college-studying metaphor in my head that would try to explain to someone what a Pure Land is in Buddhism. The "attempting to attain enlightenment on Earth is hard" half of the metaphor would've been the worst college dorm ever, including walls over which one whilst sitting in bed trying to study could hear loud music and uh, sweet-nothings.

Neither Nirvana nor sleep were attained indeed.

I've heard of Georgians supposedly thinking of themselves as Europeans, I guess I can see their mutual bad-blood neighbors then qualifying too?

They're in Eurovision, which is the only definition of what is in Europe.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, both our journeys end with Argentina.

FIVE MINUTES IN AND WE'RE NOT LOSING CANADA IS THE GOATTT

(I'm not normally a nationalist, but sports do make me a bit proud sometimes)

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Holy Broccoli, WELCOME BACK BENICE!!!

Nice to see you!

14 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Seems all that practice with the Write Your Butt Off competition coming in clutch 😛 

Every time I think of what I wrote for that competition, I wither.

Ho, Ho, No! is still peak tho

13 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Joo welcome back!

Hi dad!

13 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

current football GOAT.

am40cgg9t3bd1.png?auto=webp&s=619afc70bf

LMAO

50 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Welcome back. May you endeavor to be the mightiest oboist the world has ever seen.

Mediocrity is ok with me, but tha k you!

Sheisbeuw9 I can't find Dayni's reply to me on Mobile serenes so I'll have to answer later

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

FIVE MINUTES IN AND WE'RE NOT LOSING CANADA IS THE GOATTT

(I'm not normally a nationalist, but sports do make me a bit proud sometimes)

Nice to see you!

Just took 22. XD

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just took 22. XD

Ah feck, I was hoping for it to at least be the first half scoreless...

Edited by Benice

51 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

And Chaos is in it, which gives it points in my book.

BARELY! Plotless appearance in the final story only, and even I can walk faster than he can run. The tentacle for his heavy attack is cool though.

51 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think Sonic Battle is more remembered for its plot than its gameplay, which Emerl is a big part of. 

Emerl wasn't a bad concept. The plot I don't remember all that much, other than being built around Emerl, but I don't mind the android's return.

I heard that people are speculating that he'll be a fourth playable character in Generations now, his inherent learning capacities would make him flexible. Rather than go golden Super, he could have his third eye open once more, temporarily, with the immense power now under his control, a limiter release & all. But I'll be doubtful Sega is adding that much.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it depends. Delaware broke off from Pennsylvania since the latter grew large enough they wanted more autonomy (what became Delaware was the main power center for a time since Penn wanted sea access for his colony).

Makes me think of Poland-Lithuania for some reason.😆

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wouldn't see that as too weird since it's more or less how US territorial divisions would happen. Territories being reshaped, divided, and finally admitted as states depending on factors like population.

Yet, it's not like you see something like itty-bitty Delaware existing out west. And the size of other states would indicate that we didn't really "need" the New England area to have so many states either for them to be governable. It's the peculiarities of decentralized/disorganized colonization over time, with inertia then taking hold.

42 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Shrek 5 is real.

Shall I find you a recipe for some French onion soup?🧅🥣

Oh, you could have an RPG on the travails of the game, from the music likely being the way it is due to technical difficulties, the cliffhanger ending and sequel getting canned and of course, Ken Penders. Just, Penders. He's not even on the development and is Sonic's Space Flea from out of Nowhere

I kinda like this kind of stuff.😀 The allure of tragic ambitions; what could've been, but wasn't; and of cut content. 

Fricking internet is depressing fictional characters now /s

Ya know, going through a bout of MDD of late (feels like I'm in the recovery phase now, though still to some extent "aging/death-hypersensitive" and ever wary of a possible backslide) I was thinking about video games and depression.

It's pretty normal to see characters with trauma/sad baggage, and who witness tragedies like family/friends murdered and hometowns destroyed and then go emotionally downhill for a bit. -But for me, that's -thankfully- pure fantasy. What of someone who wasn't a tortured laboratory test subject and don't get backstabbed halfway into the plot by their adoptive fathers? Of someone who is simply, "intrinsically", pained with melancholy?

Maybe such people exist. The gaming landscape is vast nowadays, what I've seen is limited, and even more so by my own disinclination for anything too dark/sad.😆 But I haven't seen them/wouldn't know.

Sure doesn't feel that way tearing through the space pirates after getting the Gravity Suit.

I am not doubting her stealth (you'd assume it'd be useful for some bounties), but

Yet for whatever fighting she does, I wouldn't say Samus's journeys are akin to, I sincerely don't know 😅, some Western sci-fi dude clad in heavy armor with a laser assault rifle? It's like how people say Metroid Prime is a First-Person Adventure, not a First-Person Shooter.

Yes Samus does end up powerful by her missions' ends, and she knows how to take down prey, sometimes being assigned to outright kill things -Metroid 2. But when I play a Metroid, I don't feel like I need to kill everything I see if they aren't unavoidable & aggressive. I could just be running and jumping and Morph Balling through the room looking for upgrades or to reach the next objective.

...Okay, maybe "Space Ninja" is the wrong phrase, since it can mean full-stealth all the time. "Space Assassin", is more denotatively lethal, but still not "obliterate everything in sight. That better?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet, it's not like you see something like itty-bitty Delaware existing out west. And the size of other states would indicate that we didn't really "need" the New England area to have so many states either for them to be governable. It's the peculiarities of decentralized/disorganized colonization over time, with inertia then taking hold.

I think it's more that the East Coast was heavily populated even by independence time. Hence why states out west got admitted much larger, and save for the West Virginia special case, no state can be created out of another. Only territories. Though some states can still get enlarged from territories. That's how Nevada got its present-day shape. It took land from both the Utah and Arizona territories after gaining statehood.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's more that the East Coast was heavily populated even by independence time. Hence why states out west got admitted much larger, and save for the West Virginia special case, no state can be created out of another. Only territories. Though some states can still get enlarged from territories. That's how Nevada got its present-day shape. It took land from both the Utah and Arizona territories after gaining statehood.

Maine? Actually, New England's fractured nature does have Civil War relevance, that whole "must maintain equal rep in the Senate for free and slave states". The prewar tensions and perhaps political structure of the federal legislative branch wouldn't have been the same were New England consolidated.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maine? Actually, New England's fractured nature does have Civil War relevance, that whole "must maintain equal rep in the Senate for free and slave states". The prewar tensions and perhaps political structure of the federal legislative branch wouldn't have been the same were New England consolidated.

Ah, right. Though yes, it was also another special case.

And yeah, that would've certainly been impacted.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

All we have to do is score twice in the second half, it's so free

Make it three, now.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Make it three, now.

All we have to do is score thrice, it's so free