Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

"Maru-, -su"

Wall chunk hits Frey, 1-shots

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(Unofficial) Doom ports are getting weird.

#answered from Dashboard Diaries

(By sickos I mean Doom enthusiasts who want it on everything)
1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

Hence why I mentioned riders being allowed to move them. XD

Honestly for balance reasons I feel it should be non-mage infantry if anyone for moving them, or getting them prepped to be carried by cavs if you still want cavs to be allowed to

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Naw they are both online multimedia works, just google the numbers and you can experience them (although 17776 disguises itself as an article about football, entitled What football will look like in the future, and I don't know how well they work on mobile).

Comp supremacy

Okay, so they are more accessible than I thought, alright.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Feel like that's the case (though I'll admit the fact I'm not recalling is unfortunate), but the main issue for most games is that if you're not the protagonist in most genres you're unlikely to get much time dedicated to your issues and thus don't get the perspective to see someone in this state and explore that.

I meant to comment on this on this before, but a momentary freeze saw what I wrote deleted.😅

Supports/Social Links/bonding events exist. Already, these kinds of things already often cover a character's hidden issues. -Although FE's 4koma bonding might be too short to touch on MDD in a satisfactory way in a single support chain? (Maybe if you saw several of the afflicted character's chains it'd be fine?) A typical JRPG -Tales with all its length and smaller cast springing to mind- might be better suited for exploring the matter.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I see my own ideas on this are pretty dissimilar, at least on aggression. That's probably due to the game setting itself as a hostile world, with the fauna, at times flora and liquids in some holes causing damage and it's that hostility that is set for the player early.

I tend to get myself damaged as I go, so the bit of "I should probably try and get healed" is there too.

Also, I cut my sentence short there. "but she has a good capability of fighting opponents either up close or by blasting them."

The world is hostile true. But unless it's something like Space Pirates, and maybe the X Parasites and the Ing and the E.M.M.I., the aggressiveness isn't against Samus the person, but that she's a living being invading their turf.

I think that's how I'm thinking about it? A difference between conscious malevolent will-to-kill ; and bestial instinctual, natural aggression? The former is something a warrior fights, the latter is something an otherwise-peaceful adventurer might experience as they peacefully trek through the Amazon. If Samus finds it absolutely necessary to kill one of those many little enemies that clings to the ground/walls/ceiling, it's less the action of a fighter, and more like swatting a swarm of mosquitoes.

...Maybe? My ideas aren't always thought all the way through.😆

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly for balance reasons I feel it should be non-mage infantry if anyone for moving them, or getting them prepped to be carried by cavs if you still want cavs to be allowed to

Unlike FF, FE has permadeath. So instead we should play as a swarm of insect people that can fill the corpses with eggs that hatch & hijack the cold bodies into becoming new allies! Or if a body ain't in good enough shape, we bring the cadaver back home and feed the hive our rotten spoils of war!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Team effort, then! Foot unit gets them on the horse!

Edited by Lightcosmo

Man, if only there was an even easier way to get the item drops from Rune Prana bosses. I suppose once I have even more powerful weapons to finish them off faster, but still.

Supposedly, reworking a weapon with a Rare Can makes it have an improved drop rate. It's another paltry addition, but even that is better than nothing. More so when combined with the Happy Ring and 4-Leaf Clover. I might try it out, perhaps...

2024071012400900-s-1.jpg

I'm sorrrrrrry XC3!😭 If only I weren't so pathetic, or if only I felt like you held the same promise this does.

I was alone, the big screen all mine to use. I partook of this, which I rarely do.

@Acacia Sgt Does this ignite your interest?😀

Japanese version obviously must exist. All voiced ingame dialogue is subbed, no English dubs.

2024071012474200-s-1.jpg

Now that's a hot-blooded grimace, while brawling against fellow delinquents and then getting tossed in jail for it.😈 Feels like I'm Getting deja vu.

Game kicks things off going heavy on animated cutscenes. I know Level 5 loves going multimedia with its projects, I did read they made an anime for Megaton Musashi.

Slow opening ... hour-and-a-half or so? Lots of dialogue, only one tutorial battle via an arcade game at the very start (which is what leads to the above fisticuffs).

2024071012520000-s-1.jpg

Juuuuust an ordinary Japanese name chosen at random. Probably.😏

Out-of-battle format is same as 13 Sentinels to mention that VN also on Switch with big machines- walking around a 2D world to progress the story and get to the next battle, except freer in this case.

Visually, not bad. The faces have some minor issue with them that I can't exactly describe. Too much forehead, too much blank stare in the eyes? Though again, the eyes do at moments remind me of Mr. Nagare's.

2024071012545200-s-1.jpg

...How do you email Super Alloy Z and Gren X? (I didn't see the other three crossover units on the ingame email app.)

Right now, the protagonist is only an ordinary person living an ordinary life, so I don't have access to these parts or any other giant robots just yet.

2024071013090700-s-1.jpg2024071013091100-s-1.jpg

I thought this was a mecha game!?!😆

2024071013255200-s-1.jpg

No, your surname is "Yumi".

...And there's the titular robo.😀 

A 3D model, which is kinda odd with the 2D elements of the setup. Probably was a lot easier for Level 5 to do, particularly if the 3D model changes as I get new body parts and mix & match 'em later.

2024071013370900-s-1.jpg

I wasn't expecting this.😄

2024071013372600-s-1.jpg

Has there ever been a case where the lead wasn't in charge of weapons?😛

2024071013373500-s-1.jpg2024071013374100-s-1.jpg

Not sure how I feel about a bancho being the flight engineer (-er well, that's what this position is called on aircraft). Thankfully the Rogue ain't Tronium-powered.

Considering Yamato and Ryugo began this story playing video games and then punching each other afterwards, Pilot Number 2 = Tensions With Pilot 1, holds true.🍿

2024071013374700-s-1.jpg2024071013375300-s-1.jpg

And that makes three. A nerd for the third is a little different? Calm, but not fat nor would I exactly say "kind". I get more a hint of Dragonar from this.

2024071013411200-s-1.jpg2024071013411800-s-1.jpg2024071013422100-s-1.jpg

Nooooo Change Attack or alternate forms though!😝

Unfortunately, they combined with Megaton Musashi's head pointed towards the ground, and after swatting the first alien robots, there wasn't enough time to flip it upright and avoid a fatal impact with the ground on its first deployment. -Hot blood averted that outcome however 😤, and everyone and everything survived perfectly fine.

Anywho, onto the first non-tutorial battle. -Well there is still tutorials here, but not as many as the earlier simulation. Being an emergency deployment, the protagonists got no formal training, and instead had a quick memory implant to give Yamato and Ryugo (Teru was already recruited) knowledge of how to work everything. Quicker but not as ingraining as traditional training.

2024071013492900-s-1.jpg

First boss, after a few skirmishes.

2024071013494300-s-1.jpg

Image of the action combat. You can double-jump, boost to temporarily sprint, carry three melee and three ranged weapons (can swap quickly between them mid-fight; ranged weapons have ammo, but with infinite reloads that take a moment to carry out), and have four special attacks. Restoratives up ^ on the control pad, and you have finite number of them.

2024071013524700-s-1.jpg

Victory with lots of loot, reminder this game has online multiplayer, even if it apparently is already dead.

A red monoeye in the backdrop who helped during the first mission. I don't know why you're here, 😎, the aliens have already rendered Earth's surface basically uninhabitable. -Well I guess the extinction of humanity would prevent your vision for the future from coming true.🤪

2024071013573500-s-1.jpg

Another reminder of the online aspect to this game.

...And backing up from that...

2024071013533500-s-1.jpg

So we're at the very start of the events that'll win the Earth back, despite its total devastation being three years past.

2024071013535200-s-1.jpg

...Evolution.🤣

2024071013542500-s-1.jpg2024071013554700-s-1.jpg

And now they're suddenly all buddies.😆 -Except for the part where Yamato and Ryugo got into the argument and things got physical again.

Also- food.😋 Not as pretty as Vanillaware's, but never a bad thing to bond over.😊

---

...A little slow to begin, and I'm not one for too many animated cutscenes (I don't watch anime after all😅). But boy does this feel like a heartfelt tribute to mecha.🤖❤️

-And indeed, it's good medicine for me.☺️

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does this ignite your interest?😀

It certainly is on my radar! But well, it wasn't to be for this sale.

2024071012520000-s-1.jpg

Juuuuust an ordinary Japanese name chosen at random. Probably.😏

I can't believe this is also a Ranma 1/2 crossover.

2024071012545200-s-1.jpg

...How do you email Super Alloy Z and Gren X? (I didn't see the other three crossover units on the ingame email app.)

Package icon makes me think more physical delivery. So then probably in a giant delivery truck. Or cargo plane. Can't speak for Grendizer, but Mazinger Z is only like 18m tall, after all.

2024071013090700-s-1.jpg2024071013091100-s-1.jpg

I thought this was a mecha game!?!😆

G Gundam characters says Hi! lol

2024071013370900-s-1.jpg

I wasn't expecting this.😄

Three Hearts as One!

2024071013372600-s-1.jpg

Has there ever been a case where the lead wasn't in charge of weapons?😛

Hmm... as in, the one firing them, or just announce/order for X weapon to be used?

Nooooo Change Attack or alternate forms though!😝

Well, can't let the Getter references hog it all!

...Evolution.🤣

G

2024071013542500-s-1.jpg

We interrupt this mecha game to bring you Kingdom Hearts.

...A little slow to begin, and I'm not one for too many animated cutscenes (I don't watch anime after all😅). But boy does this feel like a heartfelt tribute to mecha.🤖❤️

-And indeed, it's good medicine for me.☺️

Well, it's certainly fascinating, alright, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It certainly is on my radar! But well, it wasn't to be for this sale.

Not like I haven't passed up on VXT time and again.😅

G Gundam characters says Hi! lol

It was a fun scene.😄

And I was reminded of how, in GC, Hayato recruits Gou for Neo Getter after he takes down a few (humans-who-turned-into IIRC) dinosaurs. The ultimate test for hot blood.😤

We interrupt this mecha game to bring you Kingdom Hearts.

I surprisingly know what you're referring to.🌊🧂🍨😆

Package icon makes me think more physical delivery. So then probably in a giant delivery truck. Or cargo plane. Can't speak for Grendizer, but Mazinger Z is only like 18m tall, after all.

Rechecking AP- 18m exactly. And only 21 tons; as light as a feather compared to RX78 of identical height, but twice (43.3t) the weight.

Hmm... as in, the one firing them, or just announce/order for X weapon to be used?

I was thinking of them being denied the trigger/swinging of the fists/sword altogether all/most of the time.

I know that occasionally handing the controls to another pilot happens in Supers, as my two encounters with Dancouga does have Shinobu mention he passes the controls to Ryo when it's punching time. Or how GoLion's Four Lion Attack leaves Kogane alone doing nothing. -And really, Ryusei has it the easiest during HTB Cannon, Aya is pushing her brain to the limit, Rai has to keep things from getting too far over the engine limit ☢️, ...and Viletta (at least OGverse) doesn't actually have to do all that much? -though Mai does the same as Aya, and Ryusei has the easy job of pulling the literal trigger.😛 

The thought of denying the trigger to the protagonist, was me in part thinking of a creative inversion of sorts.🤔 Since mecha anime is about fighting, denying the lead control of the weapons would be undermining their direct role in attaining victory by defeating their opponents. In this thought experiment, the lead protagonist could perhaps be someone not so suited for the life of a warrior, maybe their reflexes are too slow and that never improves no matter how much fighting they go through. It'd be akin in a sense to elevating a subpilot to the central story position. In which case, maybe you could spin things as they being great at internally producing or resonating with some sci-fi/fantasy power, which still gives them great importance in their machine. Perhaps they would feel insecure about their lack of agility, but then their copilots would convince them that we all have our strengths and weaknesses, each our own role to perform, each important for the operation of the machine. Not being the one to aim and fire the laser of victory, does not mean one contributed nothing. Something that the subpilots already know, since they they know (without 4th wall-breaking knowledge) that their kind almost never get to pull the trigger. But which, since this hypothetical protagonist (to write them in one particular direction) has in their head the mecha-transcendent idea of the mecha lead pilot being the one to take the kill with their own hands, has to be convinced to alleviate their internalized feelings of worthlessness.

-I think too much.😅

...Although after writing all of that out- SRW30's Gekkoei Sui?😆 I think I remember it being C.C. doing all the fighting and Lelouch is in more of a commander's position?

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it's certainly fascinating, alright, heh.

Totally was worth getting over my young-old-person's complaint of "I like a smaller screen closer to me" and my poor posture preference of "I prefer bending my neck down, instead looking straight ahead", and playing this on the big screen. The game deserved it.😁 Will have to keep it that way I think.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rechecking AP- 18m exactly. And only 21 tons; as light as a feather compared to RX78 of identical height, but twice (43.3t) the weight.

I can only guess is that Mazinger Z is more hollowed out than the RX-78. After all, gotta have room to house all those Southern Cross Knives, missiles, etc. The Gundam in comparison doesn't have a whole lot internal weaponry. Or it's more compact (the beam saber only needs the hilt to be solid and is strapped to the side than inside), so it's more filled out.

Alternatively, Super Alloy Z is less heavy than Gundamium.

The thought of denying the trigger to the protagonist, was me in part thinking of a creative inversion of sorts.🤔 Since mecha anime is about fighting, denying the lead control of the weapons would be undermining their direct role in attaining victory by defeating their opponents. In this thought experiment, the lead protagonist could perhaps be someone not so suited for the life of a warrior, maybe their reflexes are too slow and that never improves no matter how much fighting they go through. It'd be akin in a sense to elevating a subpilot to the central story position. In which case, maybe you could spin things as they being great at internally producing or resonating with some sci-fi/fantasy power, which still gives them great importance in their machine. Perhaps they would feel insecure about their lack of agility, but then their copilots would convince them that we all have our strengths and weaknesses, each our own role to perform, each important for the operation of the machine. Not being the one to aim and fire the laser of victory, does not mean one contributed nothing. Something that the subpilots already know, since they they know (without 4th wall-breaking knowledge) that their kind almost never get to pull the trigger. But which, since this hypothetical protagonist (to write them in one particular direction) has in their head the mecha-transcendent idea of the mecha lead pilot being the one to take the kill with their own hands, has to be convinced to alleviate their internalized feelings of worthlessness.

-I think too much.😅

Hmm, interesting...

...Although after writing all of that out- SRW30's Gekkoei Sui?😆 I think I remember it being C.C. doing all the fighting and Lelouch is in more of a commander's position?

From what I recall, yes. It's C.C., the subpilot, the one doing most of the job there, heh.

Not that Lelouch can't contribute in some meaningful way. Having same VA as Armageddon!Ryoma is the sole reason he has that BEEEEEEEEEAMU shout. XD

Totally was worth getting over my young-old-person's complaint of "I like a smaller screen closer to me" and my poor posture preference of "I prefer bending my neck down, instead looking straight ahead", and playing this on the big screen. The game deserved it.😁 Will have to keep it that way I think.

Well, go for it!

Soon.

https://y.yarn.co/dd8c0f68-9bce-48fc-ab64-ee308b377148_text.gif

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I meant to comment on this on this before, but a momentary freeze saw what I wrote deleted.😅

Supports/Social Links/bonding events exist. Already, these kinds of things already often cover a character's hidden issues. -Although FE's 4koma bonding might be too short to touch on MDD in a satisfactory way in a single support chain? (Maybe if you saw several of the afflicted character's chains it'd be fine?) A typical JRPG -Tales with all its length and smaller cast springing to mind- might be better suited for exploring the matter.

Fair enough, I was on about within a main storyline and depression doesn't seem like a topic that comes up much in those support chains either.

Hell, Hardin's there and it doesn't get to acknowledge the depression because lolGharnef.

The world is hostile true. But unless it's something like Space Pirates, and maybe the X Parasites and the Ing and the E.M.M.I., the aggressiveness isn't against Samus the person, but that she's a living being invading their turf.

I think that's how I'm thinking about it? A difference between conscious malevolent will-to-kill ; and bestial instinctual, natural aggression? The former is something a warrior fights, the latter is something an otherwise-peaceful adventurer might experience as they peacefully trek through the Amazon. If Samus finds it absolutely necessary to kill one of those many little enemies that clings to the ground/walls/ceiling, it's less the action of a fighter, and more like swatting a swarm of mosquitoes.

...Maybe? My ideas aren't always thought all the way through.😆

I was on about from the player perspective, especially my ungraceful ass.

A fair point nonetheless. though Samus has a record at this point.

Unlike FF, FE has permadeath. So instead we should play as a swarm of insect people that can fill the corpses with eggs that hatch & hijack the cold bodies into becoming new allies! Or if a body ain't in good enough shape, we bring the cadaver back home and feed the hive our rotten spoils of war!

This sounds like a game where you play a hivemind taking over a kingdom.

Fantasy insectoid body horror for the next FE? Why not?

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Team effort, then! Foot unit gets them on the horse!

Extend it to enemy capture and you have a new objective in escorting an enemy boss

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perfidious Albion?

Apparently the penalty was perfidious

Just now, Codename Shrimp said:

bf00abmkirbd1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=c17e65c58

Me on Sunday

Shrimpy in Spain - S and England -land +st (where E = A)

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Shrimpy in Spain - S and England -land +st (where E = A)

Kek

The football lover in me wants Spain to win, as they do play really well, BUT:

• I am still bitter about that handball - it should've been us in the final
  • The spanish really love their theatrics
  • They will be record holder then

OTOH England winning with Terrorism in Berlin is a Big FAT NO. Really a Nightmare final for me lol

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Scenario 6

The party reaches the Land of Mana. The G Reco guys reveal this infiltration mission is the kind the Megafauna was designed for. Not reveal their origin and do recon on enemy nations. It gained a reputation of a pirate ship as a result. Pirates, you say? Hmm...

Anyway, as luck would have it, the ship has stumbled across a summoning occurrence. The sky is torn asunder, and a gate opens up. Pouring out are... ah, the Cross Ange dragons! Quick, get the mecha-sized wyrmslayer! Keeping it to Cross Ange lore, the dragons are not native to the Land of Mana, and thus not to Al-Warth either. Though from where then? V used its multi-world structure to its advantage by having the dragons be native to the UC World. X also goes multi-world, but which world exactly then? Perhaps we'll find out. For now, it's time to fight!

A turn in, Ange and Vivian show up. I see Ange has already cut her hair, and it's only now that the OG protagonist explains about the Norma to the Otherworlders. Though discussion will wait until after the fight.

Interesting. I don't remember if V did this, but the dragons, rather than blow up, they simply teleport away, both in the defeat animation and on-map.

Soon enough the gate opens up again, spitting out more dragons and... what, Salamandinay already!? Well, game still keeps her portrait shadowed and name as ???, but it's clearly her.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Seems Sal also found interest in Wataru. He really does feel like the game's main character, haha. Anyway, Sal tries to leave, but Ange intercepts. Then they both start to sing, which causes a dimensional distortion...

At Misurugi, seems Embryo has sensed it. And right during a meeting with one of the Capital Army guys...

Thus ends the map.

Scenario 7

In a bit of a curve ball, the chapter begins with a title card saying "Japan, 2014 AD". Are we actually leaving Al-Warth? Not gonna lie, I always thought the game took place entirely in Al-Warth. Guess not, huh. In any case, this is the debut of another of X's debuting series, Buddy Complex. X includes the entire thing it seems. The series itself and... well, curious story here. The series was stated to have a second season... which got cancelled. As a result, everything planned for it got crammed into only two episodes, which got released as its own thing, separate from the would-be first season. From what I heard, SRW X actually attempts to give it some justice, in its own SRW way.

Anyway, we start with the Buddy Complex protagonist(?), Aoba, hounded by a guy in a mech who... apparently ended 70 years in the past, and wants to kill him. What, did you stepped on his lawn and he called the cops on you, buddy? But then a girl named Hina (who future guy seems to know about too) shows up in her own mechs and fights him off. She reveals to Aoba she's also from the future, but says the situation is much more complex. Apparently, she was suppose to meet Aoba much later. Sounds it's not her first time travel, since it was Aoba who told her about the other guy wanting to kill him. Then future-guy, who still has no given name, sees no option but to self-destruct, taking down the other two with him. But then a singularity opens up, and Hina uses this chance to push them all in. Hina tells Aoba he'll end in the future, where he has to find... Dio?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - ¡Para hombre, diseño de It was Me, Dio! playera  de anime con estampado gráfico

I knew it!

Anyway, back with the heroes, they have emerged on... Earth? Not the one the G Reco guys know. Either way, they ended up over the Pacific Ocean. As the group (including Ange and Vivian) discuss on what to do next, Spero detects a space-time warp not far away... and also fighting. With no other leads, it's no choice but to head there.

The place seems to be a base, attacked by none other than future-guy. Or Bizon, as the game finally reveals. The soldiers as labeled Zogilian, which the library labels as a country from the Buddy Complex world. It takes place in the late 21st Century, so I guess they were free to make countries up. For now it's just the Cygnus, a battleships it seems, and the Bradyon, piloted by ZA WA... I mean, the Dio guy that Hina mentioned.

Well, let's go.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Me on Sunday

IDK if Wimbledon will still be on (the quarterfinals ended today), but maybe flip to tennis instead if it is.🎾😛

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

This sounds like a game where you play a hivemind taking over a kingdom.

I was doing nothing than referencing the Necrophage faction in Endless Legend.😛 Insect People who were designed to be the "making war every waking minute" playable faction in this fantasy 4X game.

For every 8 enemy units the Necrophages kill, they get one Cadaver stockpile, which can be used to provide a lump sum of food to one of their cities (as the Necrophages get less food from terrain, they have a great need of Cadavers for early population growth). One of their three standard units is the Proliferator, which if it hits an enemy -implanting their eggs in it- and then another ally kills that enemy, you get 1 Battleborn unit after the battle. The Battleborn aren't all that strong in the long run, but if you've enough Proliferators positioned behind by Necrodrones, Foragers, and growing hordes of Battleborn, you can quickly overwhelm the map with poison damage and raw numbers. Swarming, like insects.🪲

Although, if you prefer a different kind of hivemind in Endless Legend, you have choices.😜 The Cultists of the Eternal End; the long-imprisoned-in-an-underwater-lab creature known as Morgawr, who is many individuals whose minds are all linked as one; and the fungus entity of high intelligence called Mykara.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

A fair point nonetheless. though Samus has a record at this point.

I never called her a pacifist.😏 And you couldn't since... Metroid II (1991), near-complete extinction of a species!☮️👎😝

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Hell, Hardin's there and it doesn't get to acknowledge the depression because lolGharnef.

Would Ghar- ...yeah. Even if Hardin and Nyna had talked about things to each other, had Nyna been honest to him from the get-go, I don't think it would've been enough to make Hardin emotionally Darksphere-proof.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good to see this.

The 2D HDification looks good. As it should, this is Dragon Quest, the beloved JRPG grandfather, Enix BETTER do a mighty fine job of it.

I can only guess is that Mazinger Z is more hollowed out than the RX-78. After all, gotta have room to house all those Southern Cross Knives, missiles, etc. The Gundam in comparison doesn't have a whole lot internal weaponry. Or it's more compact (the beam saber only needs the hilt to be solid and is strapped to the side than inside), so it's more filled out.

Alternatively, Super Alloy Z is less heavy than Gundamium.

Who knows? Not like we can place ingots of equal size on the two sides of a scale.⚖️

Hmm, interesting...

Again, I overthink. Probably not an idea worth an anime.😆

Not that Lelouch can't contribute in some meaningful way. Having same VA as Armageddon!Ryoma is the sole reason he has that BEEEEEEEEEAMU shout. XD

A fine excuse.😛

...Actually, the BEEEEEEEEEAMU vid on YouTube has one comment claim (anonymous info in the Internet isn't exactly reliable) this.:

"Lelouch was a giant Tokusatsu nerd apparently. One of the side stories has him getting caught doing Super Sentai and Kamen Rider poses in front of a tv, so it’s no wonder that he makes hammy speeches and poses as Zero."

...which could be an excuse (Tokusatsu and Super Robots have some points in common, I don't need to remind of VOLTEKKA!🎙️) -but you're most definitely right on this.😉

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Buddy Complex. X includes the entire thing it seems. The series itself and... well, curious story here. The series was stated to have a second season... which got cancelled. As a result, everything planned for it got crammed into only two episodes, which got released as its own thing, separate from the would-be first season. From what I heard, SRW X actually attempts to give it some justice, in its own SRW way.

So that is what you were alluding to before.😀 Hope the fix goes well, buuuuuut you'll probably not get to that point until another what, 30 episodes?😆

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The 2D HDification looks good. As it should, this is Dragon Quest, the beloved JRPG grandfather, Enix BETTER do a mighty fine job of it.

I've seen people comment that the enemies are too zoomed out on the battle screen. I can see it. The battle stage is just too large as a result. Other than that, I agree. It al looks very gorgeous.

Again, I overthink. Probably not an idea worth an anime.😆

Still, nothing wrong with thinking up ideas, heh.

A fine excuse.😛

...Actually, the BEEEEEEEEEAMU vid on YouTube has one comment claim (anonymous info in the Internet isn't exactly reliable) this.:

"Lelouch was a giant Tokusatsu nerd apparently. One of the side stories has him getting caught doing Super Sentai and Kamen Rider poses in front of a tv, so it’s no wonder that he makes hammy speeches and poses as Zero."

...which could be an excuse (Tokusatsu and Super Robots have some points in common, I don't need to remind of VOLTEKKA!🎙️) -but you're most definitely right on this.😉

Hahaha, for sure. That'd be the Wattsonian explanation. But nothing wrong with having the Doylist one there too. XD

So that is what you were alluding to before.😀 Hope the fix goes well, buuuuuut you'll probably not get to that point until another what, 30 episodes?😆

Indeed. And yeah, would need to go through most of the game to reach the plot's latter points, haha. Or who knows. It all depends on the pacing, but since Buddy Complex is a debuting series, it likely will be stretched out.

A few turns in, Bizon calls to end things now. Just then, the Cygnus crew detects that the Luxon, the Bradyon's partner unit, is acting up. Surprise, Aoba materialized in the cockpit (boarding the mech due to time travel... what a unique take of the trope, haha). With no time to sort things out, they quickly tell Aoba to activate the Coupling System. Apparently it makes both mechs start to act in synchronization. Yeah, I'm familiar with the concept thanks to Evangelion, pft. And here in SRW it does makes for a combination attack. Apparently the synchronization even makes up for Aoba not really knowing how to pilot the thing, making him also match Dio in the know-how. Though apparently it's dangerous to have the system active for too long at a time.

In any case, now the heroes arrive. Bizon wonders if it's an Alliance ship (apparently the nations who are trying to resist Zogilia), but he's given orders to attack it regardless. Well, the decision is made now.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hahaha, for sure. That'd be the Wattsonian explanation. But nothing wrong with having the Doylist one there too. XD

...Writing that out made me dig this up.:

...And it fits your point.😀

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Indeed. And yeah, would need to go through most of the game to reach the plot's latter points, haha. Or who knows. It all depends on the pacing, but since Buddy Complex is a debuting series, it likely will be stretched out.

Good good good.🤞😋 Better than than Knight's & Magic getting like half its plot(?) in 30 and feeling like it was play second fiddle to Rayearth (no offense ladies!).

The Cygnus, compared with the Megafauna, also has a sub-pilot, but lacks Resupply. On the other hand, it has a MAP Weapon and it's strongest attack is Post-Movement. Hmm...

Oh, having Show attack Bizon (or maybe it triggers when attacking any enemy?) has him mention how the mechs aren't Mobile Suits... nor Knightmare Frames. X does have Code Geass, and it seems it's in the same world as Dunbine. Interesting...

Alright, Bizon is forced to retreat. Now both groups begin talks. The Cygnus captain, Kiramitsu, actually has little trouble believing they're from another world. Between their technology, and the OG's Dogmas, which would certainly be wild for anyone not expecting a mech to shoot out bonafied magic, heh. As for Aoba... now the other bombshell drops that he's from the past, and that seems to actually surprise the captain, pft. So the scenario ends...

Pft, seems Wataru makes Ange be reminded of her own little sister. Well, she's no Mitsuba, so Wataru will be fine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Huh, this is interesting. The Coupling skill actually makes it so casting certain Spirits with either of Aoba or Dio, the other also gets the effect. That's neat. As a side detail, the whole coupling thing seems it can't be done by just about anyone. It's in fact a surprise that Aoba has a high compatibility with Dio. Which makes it all the more intriguing considering the whole "70 years from the past" bit with Aoba.

Scenario 8

Ah, they reveal the year is 2088. Well, it is actually 74 years, what with Aoba being from 2014. Still, most of the Cygnus crew is skeptical on the time travel thing, and some even doubt the Otherworlder's story too... but well, what between the OG (Dogmas), Chum (fairy) and Kurama (birdman), they have more tangible evidence to their claim. Anyway, Aoba and the others are given the crash course of the situation. It all began when Nectoribium, a revolutionary energy source and apparently named after the concept of Nectar, was discovered in 2014 (the year Aoba is from, hmm...). The Zogilian Republic, which had large reserves of the stuff, used it to... you guessed it, army up and start expanding through conquest. Which led to the creation of the Free Pact Alliance to oppose them. Seems the Coupling System is one the ways they are trying to fight back. Just then, the alarm goes off...

It's the Zogilians again. They've brought one of their aces now, Alfried. Kuramitsu tries to get them to let the Megafaun leave, but well, too late to not have piqued the Zogilians' interest. Everyone deploys... except Aoba, being allowed to sit it out since he's not exactly a soldier. Meanwhile, Spero is having a bad feeling about all this...

A turn in, and enemy reinforcements show up. Kuramitsu asks for Aoba to deploy, and he is resolved to do so, in fact. The new enemies are Bizon and... Hina!? Though Aoba doesn't seem to know yet... Anyway, he and Dio synchronize to attack Bizon. This makes both enemy mechs to fall back next to Alfried. Thus the fight continues...

Spero's intuition is proven right. A gate opens up, and out come... Rune Golems? Creations of the Keepers of Order, it seems. And they're hostile. Great. Just great. The OG can't say why... or is hiding something? Anyway, the golems are a third faction, so the battle has become a three-way.

Defeating Hina has her try to take down the Cygnus. Aoba intercepts, and his attack blows the cockpit hatch off, making him realize it's Hina inside. He tries to talk to her, but Hina doesn't recognize him. Hmm... I mean, time travel is already on the table, so it's not hard to guess things out. Same for Bizon showing up in 2014 too. Anyway, Hina leaves now for real.

Once routing, more golems show up... alongside an actual Keeper. He begins chanting an incantation, which begins to distort everything around them. Could it be it's time to return to Al-Warth? Quite indeed, we're back. And so the map ends...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Scenario 9

This scenario, it seems, is different depending on who the OG was selected to be the protagonist. In any case, it begins with the Buddy Complex cast being marveled with Al-Warth. The others still wonder about that Keeper and why the golems were hostile, but the OG remains mum about it. Whatever plagues them, it's enough to actually make them decide to break off with the group. However, it seems Aida wants to tag along for a bit. Does this happen in both versions, or just this one, I wonder. They talk for a bit, but soon enough a space-time distortions opens up.

It spits out two mechs... ah! Like V making Crossbone Gundam appear after a long absence... well, it had only showed up in Alpha 2 before. Anyway, X does something similar in bringing back a UC Gundam entry that had long stopped showing up. None other than F91! Which last appeared... ah, I believe it was in Compact2/Impact? Yeah, it was that one. Man, it's the long return of... seems the translation refers to him as Seabook. Anyway.... X still has Crossbone Gundam in its roster, making it an unusual case of having Tobia meet Kincade before he's Kincade. Anyway, Seabook being here, it means the other unit has Cecily, and indeed, there she is. Hm? She looks different.

*looks it up*

Oh, she cuts her hair at some point of the F91 movie. SRW had always kept her original appearance before. Anyway, Seabook comments how they were fighting Iron Mask at... Axis!? Does that rock ever has a break!? Anyway, more Rune Golems show up, and attack all four of them. The OG seems to imply they are here for them, but keep attacking everybody regardless, there's no choice but to fight them off. So it begins...

After downing a golem, the OG realizes there must be a sorcerer nearby, so they use a Dogma to dispel their invisibility. The... guy(?) finally reveals it. The OG is actually a runaway, and the sorcerer has orders to kill everyone they're associated with. Oh wow. If I recall, Scenario 0, the one requiring Pre-Order/FirstPrint, is actually about the OG fighting their way out of the Order's HQ. Anyway, Aida goads the sorcerer to attack her, but suddenly Bellri shows up and shoves her out of the way. Just him? Well, better than nothing.

Aw, the F91 battle theme is not "The Time I'm Seeing You".

Beating the sorcerer, he just casts a healing Dogma. Not back to full, though. The OG pleads to have the Otherworlders be sent back home. The sorcerer asks if they'll return to the Order, but they refuse. They trade blows, and the OG beings preparing their Dogma... to create a new one, it seems. Despite the dangers, they pull it off. The spell, Flash, Evil-Cleaving Light, gets unlocked as a new attack, and Xelguard also gets a stat boost. The spell blows the mask off the sorcerer, revealing... the other OG! At this the rest of the party finally shows up. Then more enemies show up... Zogilians! Alongside Capital Army units. Have Zogilia also aligned with Misurugi? The other OG withdraws, and the party finally deploys. Among the enemies are Mask and Hina. Another Mask point can be obtained here if Bellri defeats him. Alright, let's go!

Thankfully, Mask made a beeline for Bellri, so getting that point was easy-peasy. Interestingly, Hina reveals she's now under suspicion due to how friendly Aoba is trying to be. Either way, both withdraw. With the enemy routed, the OG protagonist has decided to stay after all. They finally reveal to the group at large about deserting the Order. It was something spurned by Spero, in fact, who was only some kind of magical experiment and had no desire to be a lab rat. It seems encountering him caused... something, to make the OG start to question themselves. And simply put, they wouldn't get the answers they seek if they stayed in the Order. So, they left, taking Spero with them, and nabbing the Xelguard while they did. As it is, the party still feel there might be room to patch things up with the Order, since the protagonist isn't exactly against them, and apparently desertions have never happened before, so there's no hard rules about it. For now, however, their focus is on Doakdar and restore the rainbow so the Otherworlders can return home. The mission to investigate the Land of Mana, it seems, is over.

It seems only now is when the group decide to give a name to themselves. It ends up being... X-Cross. Cross-Cross? And yeah, it confirms it stands for how all of them have crossed over together across various worlds. And so the map ends...

Okay, stopping for now. Will resume tomorrow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt