Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And the truth is, Nazis have gotten way too comfortable in recent years with just being out in the open

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/panorama/kriminalitaet/id_100443742/berlin-20-neonazis-pruegeln-in-friedrichshain-menschen-zu-boden.html

Just a little wholesome Nazism Ü

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We're not even a soccer country in the first place.

Neither is Qatar

Now we have visit Qatar ads during Euros!

You are about to get ball'D Ü

Edited by Codename Shrimp

• Replies 179.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Now we have visit Qatar ads during Euros!

Qatar is so weird like why I be seeing "Qatar Airlines" jerseys bruh. Never seen an airliner be gassed up this way.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Qatar is so weird like why I be seeing "Qatar Airlines" jerseys bruh. Never seen an airliner be gassed up this way.

nah that's normal. Sponsors are everywhere on shirts and stadiums - There's even Emirates Stadium named after the airline. Atleast we don't have game interrupting ads like you guys do! I take it xD

4 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

nah that's normal. Sponsors are everywhere on shirts and stadiums - There's even Emirates Stadium named after the airline. Atleast we don't have game interrupting ads like you guys do! I take it xD

I've never seen an American Airlines jersey.

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

yet

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Close enough?

1*oObPNHeftFgH21EFKSub4w.png

Now I have.

Spent four hours playing Megaton Musashi nonstop. Despite all the Rogue customization details, it has mostly been a VN-esque experience so far.😅 The third Rogue unit was deployed, and it seems like there could be a fourth soon enough. Plotwise, it's feeling like Getter mixed with Majestic Prince. On the Getter side, damn, Yamato crossed the line of hot-blooded madness, pretty much EVERYONE was against his decision-making.😲 And it sure sounds like this will be a troublesome issue for at least a bit.

Also, this game throws in Side Stories for optional character development, it seems like they're all four parts long. The first part of the first one that I accidentally triggered, Yamato & Ryugo, felt scripted and bland, but I won't judge from that alone.

The Mazinger Z and Getter Robo unlock missions also appeared.😄 Same as with the Choudenji duo and Grendizer- a quick easy battle and no plot or fanservice (SRW has spoiled me), just the unlocking the parts, the melee weapon, and the Special Moves. Mazinger Z brings Mazinger Knuckles for a weapon, Rocket Punch and Breast Fire as Special Moves. Getter Robo is Getter-1 only, no 2 or 3, weapon is Getter Tomahawk, Special Moves are Getter Beam and ...Getter Tomahawk again as a melee slash. Why not Tomahawk Boomerang?🤨

Do I want to jump back into this for another hour or two while I have the chance? Yes. But four hours already feels like plenty.😅

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Plenty enough Pharaohs that I could see the land dotted with them. And imagine if it were still around how many there'd be!

As a factoid -well I'm sure there are exceptions over the thousands of years. But, the Pyramids of Giza, the Valley of the Kings and the associated Theban Necropolis, they're on the west bank of the Nile. The Egyptians thought the Sun died every night and was reborn by morning. The Sun rises in the east and sets -dies- in the west, so pharaohs often placed their tombs on the west side of the Nile, the death side.

I have made jokes about SA-X delivering.

It is currently delivering pain.

I was not wrong.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nazis want people dead dawg. The ones rallying aren't stupid enough to just commit a hate crime in broad daylight but they make their intentions clear: an America for white people only.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Just a little wholesome Nazism Ü

We've had another burning today.

People were jeering at the security guard who had to be taken to the hospital covered over in a bag.

Once again, doesn't seem like the arsonists have been caught, but public order unit called because the gathering crowd for it are being.... unpleasant, to put it mildly. Far right "influencers" have been, caused scenes and one or two have been detained. Some are calling for them to be treated as political prisoners. They fucking know what they're at.

Got reminded of Josip Strok with all this talk too, you worry that there'll be gangs forming to do more hunting down to kill people.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Americans don't like it when people tell them what to do so probably not. We're not even a soccer country in the first place.

The money off extra beer sales will be enough for sponsers to insist and FIFA to lobby.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As a factoid -well I'm sure there are exceptions over the thousands of years. But, the Pyramids of Giza, the Valley of the Kings and the associated Theban Necropolis, they're on the west bank of the Nile. The Egyptians thought the Sun died every night and was reborn by morning. The Sun rises in the east and sets -dies- in the west, so pharaohs often placed their tombs on the west side of the Nile, the death side.

Sounds like it was intended anyways.

Played a little more MM, looks like there are only three Megatons, no fourth it seems. I can swap between the three units mid-fight too. Also appears to be that the full heroic cast (including NPCs) is enlisted, or mostly at least. Plot went into a classic mecha one-time plot beat- when you can't break through the monster-of-the-day's armor.

Difficulty-wise, it has been pretty easy so far, enemies don't have enough durability. Although if you let them hit you, they can cut through your HP fairly quickly.

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have made jokes about SA-X delivering.

It is currently delivering pain.

I was not wrong.

I did struggle against SA-X myself, though eventually I got back to the game and took it out. I've heard it said that SA-X is very formulaic, you can more-or-less hit it with a charged shot, then it'll try moving to new spot to shoot you with the ice beam, but that dodging the screw isn't difficult and you can have time to shoot it with a charged shot as soon it lands, and so loop it into a cycle where it never gets a chance to do much. -But I don't think I ever got into this supposed rhythm.

The tone of this discussion has gotten markedly less civil since I went to bed last night, and I need to stop this now that the week has begun, so this'll be my last round of replies.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Yeah, okay bud (homosexuality in nature)

Yes, I was already aware of this. Most male animals want to have sex whenever possible, and every now and then they'll have sex with each other. It does not, however, interfere with the heterosexual intercourse by which their species are propagated. Exclusively homosexual male animal are either rare or it's a moot point because a few breeding males are enough to keep their population stable, provided a greater number of females. Exclusively homosexual female animals are also a moot point because asking for consent does not exist in the animal kingdom, so basically all of them reproduce anyway assuming they don't die young.

Humans are different. *Most* people hold off on having children until they're in stable pair bonds, for the reason that humans are a K-selected species whose offspring require intensive care and resources, which is difficult for one parent to provide. Most current human societies are also monogamous, since that increases genetic diversity and decreases violence within the population. And finally, women have a choice unlike their animal counterparts whether or not to have children.

The two situations are not comparable. I'll concede, however, that developments like monogamy and contraception have been fairly recent from an evolutionary standpoint, so perhaps there was no time for natural selection to take its course.

Their own soil

So far as people born in the antebellum South were concerned, yes. It's where they were born. Whether centuries prior the land had been cleansed of its indigenous inhabitants is a non-sequitur for the purposes of this discussion.

to exploit the land for plantations driven by people treated as property. That was the status quo.

Sure. If you're expecting to me defend the morality of that status quo, no sane person would. It was monstrous.

I'm just saying: our generation has its own monstrous crimes that most people don't really think about. For example, throwing away boxes of uneaten food while African children starve to death. Or abortion. It's completely normalized in this day and age, because a world in which it happens is all this generation knows. Heck, as I brought up this example I'm sure you scoffed, because to you there's nothing at all wrong with it and I'm the weirdo for suggesting that there is. Such was their attitudes toward slavery.

Whether or not some lofty judge in the afterlife will one day hold us all guilty, along with said antebellum southerners, for our crimes is outside the scope of this discussion. For purposes of a discussion limited to finite humans, it's impractical to adopt a moral standard that would force us to damn each other and ourselves because nobody can keep it. The aspect which "can't be kept" is, of course, challenging what's normal and everyday to our world. Very few of us can, or at least will, do that.

As for why this war is celebrated by many southerners despite the gross moral failing that caused it, that's easy. Suppose that tomorrow China were to invade to force us to redistribute our wealth to the Third World, so that no more African children starve. Arguably not an unjust reason to invade, but we would put up a fight and our descendants would lionize us for however long we managed to hold the invaders at bay. When you're the defending side, some people regard this as the one and only fact that matters.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

The rise of the Nazi party in Germany was due to the popularity of extreme German nationalism and middle class anger towards recent liberal reforms after the first world war.

Everyone has their "lessons" about how that government came to power, lessons that conveniently align with what they already believe. If I might throw my own hat into the ring:

Soviet dekulakization policies, which entailed the mass murder, plunder, and deportation of landowners and businessmen in Eastern Europe, was widely feared among Germans. There was a communist coup in Germany in 1918, so their own country came close to being like that. Many Germans wanted a government best able to protect them from this outcome, and a dictatorship that'd crack down on Marxists was thought to have the best chances. There were other motivating issues, of course, but this was a pretty big one.

As for everything the government they empowered would go on to do, we have the benefit of hindsight. People in 1932/1933 did not, though they obviously understood it to be a radical party.

In America today, we do have hindsight as to Trump. He was President from Jan. 2017 to Jan. 2021. What happened between the day he took office and the day he left? You aged 4 years, and the country you lived in hardly changed, save for an outpouring of angry partisanship on both sides. He was a mostly normal Republican guy up until the last two months where things got crazy, but TBF in 2016 there were a bunch of liberal celebrities begging the electoral college to overturn Trump's win in a legal coup and install Hillary instead. A scheme that mainstream journos all but endorsed through their use of slanted language.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38340115

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/celebrities-urge-electoral-college-voters-donald-trump-faithless-electors-gop-a7477311.html

https://time.com/4603254/celebrities-electoral-college-donald-trump-video/

Anyway, if Trump gets reelected, another 4 years will pass and you'll once again be 4 years older. I hope when that day comes, you'll look back and realize how unwarranted all this present hysteria was.

It's not about the neo-nazi's who fly swastika flags, it's about the moderates who willfully let society meld them as it pleases because it is easy to do so, it is the path with least resistance, even if that path is fascist in nature.

I could just as easily blame "moderates" or whatever for being the enablers of communism. So what? Neither that murderous type of regime nor fascism is on the verge of taking over America.

The article being linked in question outright states the reasons LGBTQ people falling into addiction is because of discrimination in all facets of life.

It's funny, isn't it? Today's environment is far, far less hostile and more overtly welcoming towards them than it was 20-30 years ago but the sky high rates of alcoholism and recreational drug use haven't collapsed. Almost like that's not the primary driver today, even if discrimination was originally a big cause. The community has long been notorious for its hard-partying lifestyle, and this kind of behavioral trap is super hard to break once established. New members join the club and their peers are living it up, so they're influenced to do the same, and the cycle continues into the year 2024. And so it'll continue into the foreseeable future.

I think there's also something to be said about the act in itself of breaking taboos. People willing to break one are, more often than not, willing to break another as well, as the article I linked yesterday on skittish ethics pointed out. This explains probably 80-90% of the drug use that we see on the gay scene. Of course, a legitimate argument could be made that this could've been defused by the taboo not having existed in the first place, or that destroying the taboo will have a mitigating effect on the behavior of the future gay population.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Might I ask you to elaborate on this? Because when minorities constantly have to endure being blamed for the wrongs of the world, being insulted left and right just for existing and and having whether or not they should exist discussed and deemed a "political" topic, you must've gone through quite the grueling experiences if you believe it's comparable.

I've gone a short lifetime of having deeply unpleasant interactions with internet strangers over political topics, though I don't remember the specifics of most of it. I won't pretend that I never contributed to it, but I'd say they were almost always quicker to get ugly. It was obvious by their tone that they had a deep-seated hatred for people with views like mine. And I consider myself a fairly standard Republican.

One guy did tell me to "K*ll yourself f***ot", repeatedly, without the asterisks. I remember him pretty well. And I don't believe I ever called anyone by that word, or other slurs of a similar negative weight.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, 71%? What a high number! 71% of 32,100 is 22,470. So, 22,470 HIV cases attributed to gay men. Those are multiple thousands!

We're talking 40-45 years of new infections being added to the plate. After a while it adds up. And it was higher in the past, with over 130,000 new infections (that the government knew of) in 1984.

If your point is that it's not as bad today, fair enough. Science has come a very long way toward making the disease manageable, with "only" about 4000-5000 deaths a year now.

It goes without saying, though, that it's not desirable to have a large swath of the population dependent on daily access to a medication not to drop dead or see the virus mutate into a harder to treat strain.

Many gay men who are not HIV-positive take daily drugs like pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). Which has its own side effects. For example,

"Prolonged cumulative exposure to TDF (active ingredient in PrEP) has also been linked to eGFR decline and decreased kidney function. In observational studies, every year of TDF use was associated with a 14–33% increase in risk of decreased kidney function."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6103211/

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you bothered to read the whole page of statistic you brought up about HIV I will note this passage here:

See the above. In 2024 it is still an exaggeration to call HIV a "minor inconvenience", though tremendous progress has indeed been made.

Being afraid your child might die is a little more reasonable than my child might have to take some medication regularly at some future point.

We're talking about a culture war which mostly played itself out in the past, when HIV was far deadlier than it is now.

If you bothered to read the article, you might see that one of the first things it says is that data is sparse (which leans towards it potentially being hogwash),

While the article does use the word "sparse" to describe the data, it treats the figures cited as having value and credibility. The source for the amphetamine and heroin statistics was a book by Richard Wolitski, Ron Stall, Ronald Valdiserri, et al., researchers specializing in the topic of gay and bisexual men's health.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You really jumped the gun with the headline there, as reading a little further would reveal that most of them were bisexual, which doesn't eliminate them from the gene pool.

Fair enough, but in practice this demographic is still less likely than their straight-identifying peers to ever get married and have kids. In 2022 69% of all LGBT-identifying adults were either in some type of same-sex union or single/never married. This leaves no more than 31% in opposite-sex marriages. For bisexuals, a total of 32% reported being married to, or simply living with, the opposite sex. This leaves 68% who aren't.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/389555/lgbt-americans-married-same-sex-spouse-steady.aspx

In contrast, about 45% of all US adults were married in the same year. Which, frankly, isn't a good indicator of how many straight adults were once married, had kids, and then divorced.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fewer-than-50-of-u-s-adults-are-now-married-its-time-to-give-more-legal-and-financial-breaks-to-single-people-law-professor-says-11664992681

Another survey from 2020 found that a total of 29% of straight adults were single, compared to 47% of gay, lesbian, or bisexual adults.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2020/08/20/a-profile-of-single-americans/

Granted, there's probably an age bias here, since the LGBT community skews younger and the young prioritize marriage less. But with 30% of them so identifying, we have a chicken or the egg question: is the LGBT community as unmarried as it is because it's young, or is the young community as unmarried as it is because it's LGBT?

Citation needed there, as what little I can find on the matter indicated otherwise.

Assuming that you're correct, it seems fairly straightforward to me that a trans person who has not medically transitioned would face zero safety issues using their birth sex bathroom while cis-presenting, as they've done nothing to compromise their ability to cis-present.

The only real snag I see with this issue are those who have medically transitioned. But there would also be the fewest objections to letting these change their sex on their Driver's License and so on, allowing them to use their preferred bathroom. Seems like a reasonable fix to me. Alternately we could make all bathroom stalls private and gender-neutral and abolish the concept of segregated bathrooms altogether, though it'd be an expensive change to make nationwide.

One thing I could find on the topic was a study from the Academy of American Pediatrics on sexual assault rates of trans children in schools that had no bathroom and locker room restriction, and those that had one based on birth sex, showed an increased risk of sexual assault for trans kids forced to use the bathroom of their birth sex

I believe you, though probably with a sample size bias. Men are, on average, the stronger and more aggressive sex, and if a pool and men and women hated you equally, the latter would be less inclined to violently escalate an encounter. A biological male who changed their gender identity would most likely identify as a trans woman. On the other hand, biological women trend more towards a vague "non-binary" label, which wouldn't necessarily change the bathroom they used.

If a pool of trans women, AFAB non-binary, and trans men were studied, and the latter two groups lumped together as "trans men", this would mask a lower frequency of cross-sex bathroom use among the latter group. We'd see the consequences of trans women using male bathrooms, but not so much the consequences of trans men using male bathrooms.

...It wasn't really a legal issue in most places before this panic came in place, it was simply a social one, which led to the safest practice available; using the bathroom you most looked like you belonged in.

Assuming this is true, most self-identified trans women have a hard time convincingly passing. There probably weren't that many who could get away with it in the first place, meaning many would've in practice behaved as though a ban were in place.

We know that now, but how the disease functioned was not common knowledge back in the early 80s, and the way its multi-year latency period works (AKA the symptoms of the disease only manifest 3-7 years after infection) really obfuscated its nature.

There was an NBC report in June 1982, which confirmed that the disease was mostly affecting gay men, and correctly identified it as a sexually transmitted disease (which condoms prevent, as everyone knew at the time).

I'll add that as an issue which affected their community, word of the cause would've gotten around very fast, as soon as this information became publicly available. I don't believe that they were generally unaware of this prior to some government awareness campaign.

Part of the reason why people like to blame Reagan for how bad the AIDs epidemic was back in the day is that his administration did nothing about the disease until 1986, where shortly after the death of a personal friend of Reagan in 1985 he finally did something about it.

This may be true, but it's unreasonable to lay it all at his feet.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Likelihood of being gay" as if they're choosing to be gay. They're gonna be gay anyways dawg, they'll just know about it earlier.

This is true in the vague sense that the Kinsey Scale is a thing, and most people are not true 0s. But the low prevalence of homosexual activity before the 20th century, compared to 30% of Gen Z identifying as at least bisexual, proves that latent potential can and overwhelmingly did stay latent. And this was without 30 percent of all premodern humans un-aliving themselves or drinking themselves into an early grave just because they were so bummed at having to be straight.

Whether the human homosexual potential should be suppressed, and whether the human homosexual potential can be suppressed, should not be mistaken for the same question.

Nazis want people dead dawg. The ones rallying aren't stupid enough to just commit a hate crime in broad daylight but they make their intentions clear: an America for white people only.

Many people are confident, rightly or wrongly, that if they hypothetically wanted to go commit an unsolvable murder, they could. Despite this, the large chunk of self-identified neo-Nazis are not murderers. This means that, despite ascribing to a genocidal ideology, they're unwilling to personally go through with it. This relegates their ideology to "bad thoughts", which must always be distinguished from bad actions. Until the day that changes, they're entitled to the same freedom of speech rights as any other American.

Of course, other Americans are equally free to shout them down when the picket and protest. But that comment to the effect of "They used to not dare show their faces because we'd beat the s**t out of them" is going too far. The most obnoxious neo-Nazi has the same right not to be assaulted as you do.

I'm not talking about the war, i'm talking about the country. This ain't like Ireland or Catalonia, which existed for centuries being independent, conquered, reconquered, etc. The Confederacy wasn't a country that saw generations of it's people being born and buried. It was basically just a rebellion that didn't go anywhere.

The Confederacy was short-lived, but the South is not. Just like the Continental Army and Continental Congress during the American Revolutionary War was also short-lived, whereas the United States is not.

Scenario 15

Despite how the previous scenario ended, the 1st Squadron are warming up with X-Cross. Well, all sans Hilda, but even she falters upon Wataru's cinnamon roll powers, haha. Soon their recon arrives, stating of another village harassed by bandits. Further recon show these are not Doakdar affiliated... and might even be Otherworlders. As with Simon before, someone decided to head to their hideout, but it's mentioned to be a teacher. A teacher fighting bandits? Where have I heard this one before? Anyway, who shows up next but none other than... Maito! Mightgaine showing up for the whole VTX trilogy, this ain't surprisingly even when X first released. Still, the game is not revealing his name just yet. Anyway, he says to leave the teacher business to him... not that he party intends to let him do it alone regardless, so they follow.

Turns out, the bandits are Vuitton and Mifune, the latter likely enjoying finally able to live out his Feudal Japanophile fantasies... yep, he outright says about building the "true Edo" here in Al-Warth. Vuitton isn't as enthusiastic... if only because petty banditry clashes with her image. As they bicker, the before-mentioned teacher shows up, and... wait, is that Yoko? It's a different name displayed (Yomako), but... yeah, I know she becomes a teacher after Lordgenome's fall, from what I recall. Anyway, she tries to make them back off, but she only has a rifle. But now Maito arrives, as well the entire Brave Express Corps. Seems Tri Bomber is already Battle Bomber here, but Gaine is without the Might of Might Gaine. Hmm...

Alright, time to fight the Pink Cats and Shadow Army. Let's go!

So, eventually Joe the Ace arrives with reinforcements. Seems Wolfgang and Hoi-Kow Lou are also in Al-Warth. At this the party soon arrives, and Wataru is quick to fanboy at seeing the Brave Express Corps, heh. Well, he is from their same world, if one recalls. At this the Locomorizer finally arrives (wait, just how much of the Sempuji Concern got Isekai'ed here?), and Might Gaine finally combines! Complete with original anime clip. Damn, since X and T do this, the lack of clips in V now feels strange.

Alright, the glorious return of Arashi no Hero!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

36 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

The tone of this discussion has gotten markedly less civil since I went to bed last night, and I need to stop this now that the week has begun, so this'll be my last round of replies.

I fail to see how, to be honest. The tone of replies has gotten more agitated, yes, due to the very serious and in some cases very personal topics being discussed, but as far I can tell nobody has insulted you or anything. All we're doing is disagree with you.

43 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

I've gone a short lifetime of having deeply unpleasant interactions with internet strangers over political topics, though I don't remember the specifics of most of it. I won't pretend that I never contributed to it, but I'd say they were almost always quicker to get ugly. It was obvious by their tone that they had a deep-seated hatred for people with views like mine. And I consider myself a fairly standard Republican.

One guy did tell me to "K*ll yourself f***ot", repeatedly, without the asterisks. I remember him pretty well. And I don't believe I ever called anyone by that word, or other slurs of a similar negative weight.

You do realize queer people have to endure that and worse pretty much on a daily basis, right? If you were so upset by the one guy that you still remember him "pretty well," imagine people who have to endure multiple the one guys way more often than you do.

As for the first part, well... We could run in circles all day, in an endless loop of "no u", because there's plenty of deeply unpleasant Republicans out there who'll start spewing bile if they catch the slightest whiff of minority in the vicinity. You just need to play a couple rounds of Team Fortress 2 to find a few.

50 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

In America today, we do have hindsight as to Trump. He was President from Jan. 2017 to Jan. 2021. What happened between the day he took office and the day he left? You aged 4 years, and the country you lived in hardly changed, save for an outpouring of angry partisanship on both sides. He was a mostly normal Republican guy up until the last two months where things got crazy, but TBF in 2016 there were a bunch of liberal celebrities begging the electoral college to overturn Trump's win in a legal coup and install Hillary instead.

You were literally told a few hours ago by Guardian, to whom you're responding here, that a bunch of their family members were deported during the Trump presidency. To simply ignore that and go "no, you're wrong actually, nothing happened to you or your loved ones" is a mite disrespectful, if you ask me.

37 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

We're talking 40-45 years of new infections being added to the plate. After a while it adds up. And it was higher in the past, with over 130,000 new infections (that the government knew of) in 1984.

If your point is that it's not as bad today, fair enough. Science has come a very long way toward making the disease manageable, with "only" about 4000-5000 deaths a year now.

No, my point is that there's not enough gay people with HIV to draw the conclusion that we need to ban gayness to "save" the youths from HIV.

Not that I would agree to that being the solution even if 100% of gay people were affected, anyway. Safe sex isn't something that magically only works for straight people, nor is HIV something that magically affects gay people more. If a lot of gay people are contracting HIV, the solution isn't to stop people from being gay, it's to spread awareness, clear misconceptions and promote safe sex.

37 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

It goes without saying, though, that it's not desirable to have a large swath of the population dependent on daily access to a medication not to drop dead or see the virus mutate into a harder to treat strain.

Many gay men who are not HIV-positive take daily drugs like pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). Which has its own side effects. For example,

"Prolonged cumulative exposure to TDF (active ingredient in PrEP) has also been linked to eGFR decline and decreased kidney function. In observational studies, every year of TDF use was associated with a 14–33% increase in risk of decreased kidney function."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6103211/

I would ask for your statistic about the "many gay men" who take daily drugs like PrEP. Though, considering you said this is your last round of responses, I suppose it'll have to remain at that.

39 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

This may be true, but it's unreasonable to lay it all at his feet.

But it is reasonable to lay the blame at the feet of gay people for "not doing anything to adapt their lifestyle"?

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

And these peeps will lead to even more children dying. And more bullying and harassment.

You cant ever get rid of that. 

People will be born more intelligent, more attractive, more outgoing, etc. We cant run from this, and from that insecurities are born. There is no such thing as "true equality", in my opinion.

People simply arent born to accept everyone they come across.

Edited by Lightcosmo

https://noisypixel.net/digital-devil-saga-soundtrack-streaming-20th-anniversary/

Overpriced "HD" 1&2 port when, Atlus? I've been waiting since Nocturne got that treatment.

-Not that I would rebuy them, but it'd be nice to have the duology available to a modern audience.

A sequel would be great ...but I don't see how one set in the same world could really do anything surprising. It'd have to be a very similar yet not the same world. More narrative Hindu/Buddhist elements, more Atma Avatars, the cool things DDS did, just more and taken further.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Hrothgar777 said:

I could just as easily blame "moderates" or whatever for being the enablers of communism. So what? Neither that murderous type of regime nor fascism is on the verge of taking over America.

The silent holocaust in Guatemala, lasting from the 60s to as recent as 1996, was an event that saw the mass genocide of my people the Maya. Over 100,000 were killed, raped, and had their villages pillaged at the hands of the right-wing nationalistic government. Said government was backed by and in fact put into power by the CIA, by the United States.

If the United States isn't fascist, then it certainly it has no problem with it on a moral level.

1 hour ago, Hrothgar777 said:

I'm just saying: our generation has its own monstrous crimes that most people don't really think about. For example, throwing away boxes of uneaten food while African children starve to death. Or abortion. It's completely normalized in this day and age, because a world in which it happens is all this generation knows. Heck, as I brought up this example I'm sure you scoffed, because to you there's nothing at all wrong with it and I'm the weirdo for suggesting that there is. Such was their attitudes toward slavery.

"Working class women fighting for their rights to their own bodily autonomy is just like when people used to support slavery." Is such a god tier take, holy shit. 

I could say so many things, but honestly man, just take a headcount of voters from each side and do some self-reflection on why the Republican party consists mainly of straight white men and how that could be a factor in believing certain things on issues that do not directly effect you.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You were literally told a few hours ago by Guardian, to whom you're responding here, that a bunch of their family members were deported during the Trump presidency. To simply ignore that and go "no, you're wrong actually, nothing happened to you or your loved ones" is a mite disrespectful, if you ask me.

“If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.” -Zora Neale Hurston

Oh, how cute, Wataru mentions he imagined himself as a Brave Express Corps member before. And that seems to have partly inspired his clay model of Ryujinmaru in this game. The one whose shape actually becomes the Ryujinmaru mech he rides.

Alright, they all flee upon defeat. Oh, they do mention the Tribomber defeated thing, so that's already past here. Back at the village, Simon and Yoko reunite, the latter revealing Nia was actually here not long ago, apparently searching for Simon. And Simon is on his journey since Nia rejected his marriage proposal, huh. Maito offers to take the group back to his base of operations and... wait, what? What do you mean the entirety of Aoto ended in Al-Warth too!? Okay, I have no room to talk, I have a fanfic with a country-wide isekai with additional ideas for more, so what's one city... or city ward? Honestly, I was almost expecting it would be Neuvelle Tokyo the one warped over. Anyway, Yoko reveals Nia actually headed over to Aoto, actually. Yoko is remaining in the village, but everyone else is going.

Elsewhere, the Mightgaine baddies have regrouped. Just like in V, they are forming an alliance that was not present in the original anime. In V, they called themselves the Dangerous Gold alliance, in reference to Mightgaine's first ED theme. Here in X, however, it's now the Black Diamond league, the name of the second ED theme. I'm guessing if Mightgaine had used a third ED, it would've tried to do the alliance thing again in T. Anyway, as a fun fact, from what I recall Black Diamond is a song that actually exists in-universe, being sung by one of the villains, Purple. As a matter of fact, it is Purple who declares himself the leader (and thus chooses the name), despite being only a newcomer to Hoi Kow Lou's Asian Mafia, having already contacted Doakdar and seeking a way to return back home. Well, he does usurp the Asian Mafia from Lou in the series, so no surprises here. So the map ends...

Scenario 16

The group reaches Aoto. Oh, seems Wataru is friends with Sally's brother, since she recognizes him. That said, even with a city-wide warp, the fact Aoto is not the main setting of Mightgaine, but rather Neuvelle Tokyo, means there are gonna be members of the cast not present in this game, and that includes the little brother (but Sally is here because of course she had a part-time job that took her to Aoto, obiously). Then again, I doubt all the villains were at Aoto... maybe. Anyway, seems Nia has already left the city, as told by Sally since the two befriended each other during the former's stay. Meanwhile, there's also been sightings of a suspicious man, it seems.

Elsewhere, it seems Purple has gained a battleship thanks to Doakdar (though I'm pretty sure it's his own from the series, I think). He's being reported on something being ready for deployment, it seems. Also... wait, what is Nia doing aboard!? The funny thing is, she's not their prisoner. She just followed Wolfgang's subordinates onboard from Aoto because... no reason, really, pft. Oh, the certain something ready is Black Mightgaine! As before, he was copied too well, down to the Sense of Justice Super AI. Though one "benefit" of the villain team-up, is that Wolfgang is now here to make some adjustments...

Regardless, he's sent to attack Aoto, alongside Asian Mafia mechs, Gunmen, and Mashins. It seems unlike the anime or in V, we are skipping the part where Black Mightgaine defects and then the villains have to take direct control of its Super AI. Well, here it goes...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

You cant ever get rid of that. 

People will be born more intelligent, more attractive, more outgoing, etc. We cant run from this, and from that insecurities are born. There is no such thing as "true equality", in my opinion.

People simply arent born to accept everyone they come across.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't aim for it, and to stand against anyone who wants to go back to where/when it was much more prevalent.

And there's a difference between acceptance and outright hating someone not due to personality, but due to reasons half of which are decided at birth

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Once defeated, they prepare for the finishing blow, but Nia stops them, informing them of the tampering. Then Purple shows up, with Wolfgang and his mechs in tow. Purple then takes aim at Nia, only for his shot to be blocked, by none other than... aw yeah, it's Banjo!

Realm of Darkness: Muteki Koujin Daitarn 3

Sadly, Zambot did not made it back for X. Interestingly, Show recognizes him. Turns out, it was Banjo the "suspicious man" from before. And yeah, he does know the Dunbine characters. Though back with Black Mightgaine, he's now out of control. Purple is pretty much goading Maito to destroy it and shatter his hero image, but with Banjo's encouragement, the heroes are able to reach to him. I guess no tongue twister gag from V, huh. Either way, Black Mightgaine is able to come back to his senses! Unlike V or T, he is not a secret recruit here in X and joins right on the spot. Nice!

Purple withdraws, so now it's only Wolfgang and his grunts left. Okay, let's do this!

32 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Doesn't mean we shouldn't aim for it, and to stand against anyone who wants to go back to where/when it was much more prevalent.

And there's a difference between acceptance and outright hating someone not due to personality, but due to reasons half of which are decided at birth

Sure, but people are deluding themselves if they believe "life is fair", it isnt. 

Conditions like Autism do exist, and seperate people more than should be, sad as it is.

Should there really be a line for this sort of thing? Birth or not, its wrong.

HE PICKED VANCE LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

As for why this war is celebrated by many southerners despite the gross moral failing that caused it, that's easy.

Reconstruction was ended early.

2 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

It's funny, isn't it? Today's environment is far, far less hostile and more overtly welcoming towards them than it was 20-30 years ago but the sky high rates of alcoholism and recreational drug use haven't collapsed. Almost like that's not the primary driver today, even if discrimination was originally a big cause. The community has long been notorious for its hard-partying lifestyle, and this kind of behavioral trap is super hard to break once established. New members join the club and their peers are living it up, so they're influenced to do the same, and the cycle continues into the year 2024. And so it'll continue into the foreseeable future.

This sounds like 13/50 ngl. It's like the same talking points.

3 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

But the low prevalence of homosexual activity before the 20th century, compared to 30% of Gen Z identifying as at least bisexual, proves that latent potential can and overwhelmingly did stay latent. And this was without 30 percent of all premodern humans un-aliving themselves or drinking themselves into an early grave just because they were so bummed at having to be straight.

Whether the human homosexual potential should be suppressed, and whether the human homosexual potential can be suppressed, should not be mistaken for the same question.

But the reason they weren't seen before is because they were suppressed. 

3 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

This means that, despite ascribing to a genocidal ideology, they're unwilling to personally go through with it. This relegates their ideology to "bad thoughts", which must always be distinguished from bad actions. Until the day that changes, they're entitled to the same freedom of speech rights as any other American.

They genuinely believe that genocidal ideology, they just don't have the go ahead to participate in it. But what if they did? See: Israel and it's genocide of Palestinians.