Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Saint Rubenio It won't be released for another week, but Steamworld Heist 2 reviews are dropping now. IIRC you enjoyed the first?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

that if you can't get over their mean takes then it's easier to just leave (which is a great take in a world where increasingly hateful views are being left unchallenged /s)

Yeesh.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I feel like they won't understand why I'd feel hurt that it feels like I'm mainly to be useful and that any contributions they disagree with are my fault, that they're perfectly fine and no, they don't need to ask if they might have done something wrong. It's a mood, is what it is.

I can't imagine how what that must be like 😐, but, my sympathies as much as I can.

• Replies 179.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Acacia Sgt

metal-structure-nu-gundam-with-alternate-parts-front.jpg?resize=800,800

...Shouldn't these be called "FIncoms"?😛

-Just an old V Gundam model with some Nu accessories. -Though the article I took the image from mentions that there is a prior instance of Bamco adding an uncanonical weapon to Nu and then including it in a video game.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Acacia Sgt

metal-structure-nu-gundam-with-alternate-parts-front.jpg?resize=800,800

...Shouldn't these be called "FIncoms"?😛

-Just an old V Gundam model with some Nu accessories. -Though the article I took the image from mentions that there is a prior instance of Bamco adding an uncanonical weapon to Nu and then including it in a video game.

Nice. Just gets to show you it's not just for show!

55 hours into Xenoblade 3, taking temporary breaks here and there, i decided to continue my GrimGrimiore playthrough and also boot up The Thousand Year Door.

I'm not posting any screenshots because Twitter killed image share and i'm too lazy to hook up my Switch to my PC. Same reason i don't really do PS4 screenshots now.

In other news, the UK tripped is planned out: England -> Scotland -> Wales. Hoping to make it as north as Loch Ness. And this time i'm bringing a friend along.

11 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

y3l4a16newfd1.jpeg

Congrats on the transition.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wow, that's discomforting

There's also a jail with a rotating cell but they stopped using it because inmates arms were getting cut off

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i decided to continue my GrimGrimiore playthrough

A couple tips:

• The little tasks the game asks of you during story battles for more skill coins- do them. And do the optional challenges too. At least early on, when you don't have so many coins, it'll help (and remember the coins can be infinitely refunded and spent again, if you want to adapt your coin allocations for each battle).
  • Likewise, don't forget- the familiar bonuses don't activate unless you've spent Mana to upgrade the Rune to the proper level during that battle.
  • In case you missed the game saying this- the Mana collection rate per crystal maxes out at 5 or 6 gatherer Familiars. Don't summon more than that unless you've multiple crystals you're tapping into at once.

-Just trying to help.😀 Yes I played the game on Easy, but it doesn't mean I know nothing.

----

...Speaking of Vanillaware.😆:

Unicorn Overlord Art Book Announced For October 2024 - Noisy Pixel

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Likewise, don't forget- the familiar bonuses don't activate unless you've spent Mana to upgrade the Rune to the proper level during that battle.

The main thing is getting used to the controls. Idk something wonky about how you go about selecting things.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

>Not on AmazonJP

Feels bad man (unless they just haven't put it there yet).

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The main thing is getting used to the controls. Idk something wonky about how you go about selecting things.

I agree there. You know I'm not one to PC-beg (though it's never a bad idea for preservation), but GrimGrimoire really felt like it'd benefit from keyboard & mouse.

Wait, Mazinkaiser was gonna appear in SRW Z!?

Would that have debunked or fueled the idea that Grendizer and Mazinkaiser were not meant to meet if it was discovered back then, I wonder. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On Khelif, fuck the disinformation cycle.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeesh.

Sure, he also would be frustrated by them talking like this. But he immediately responded that he couldn't do jack shit about it and all this, very aggressively at that.

I definitely felt the spines of an emotional cactus there.

I can't imagine how what that must be like 😐, but, my sympathies as much as I can.

They passed it back on to me that it was my fault because I took offence, I'm at this stage just emotionally damp and not really dealing with them because it's easier than the alternative.

Doesn't help I can expect to be the main carer of them in future, despite wanting to be there less.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's also a jail with a rotating cell but they stopped using it because inmates arms were getting cut off

So a prison cell that was made to be the rotisserie of prisoners was used until it kept taking arms.

Jeez.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Happy 25th anniversary!

No kidding.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Saint Rubenio It won't be released for another week, but Steamworld Heist 2 reviews are dropping now. IIRC you enjoyed the first?

Oh yeah, release date snuck up on me. Don't know if I'll grab it immediately but it's good to know it's almost here.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would that have debunked or fueled the idea that Grendizer and Mazinkaiser were not meant to meet if it was discovered back then, I wonder. XD

If GrenU brings it back, there is always a chance they could at last come together.😄 Although, should GrenU be done "pure" first time to celebrate the return of Grendizer, and GrenxKaiser awesomeness be saved for an assets-recycling game one or two after that to spice things up?

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I definitely felt the spines of an emotional cactus there.

Again, my sympathies.🙂 And thank you for sharing your life's... s*** for lack of a more sophisticated all-encompassing word. Widens my perspectives, and perhaps it expands my ability to empathize.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Doesn't help I can expect to be the main carer of them in future, despite wanting to be there less.

Sorta the opposite with me. A relative stated they'd be fine with me living with them once my parents are 🪦 or whatnot. The way they said it the one time, it was quaint, it was affectionate. ...It was "If I allow that to happen, I'll die with regrets one day"😮‍💨, not that I've ever said that. It'd be embarrassing on some level, being some swimming-in-a-polluted-river-induced mutated extra arm.

Of course, y'all know too well here that I haven't exactly done anything to avert that future.😑 And then only yesterday evening, I was reading online...

Spoiler

Many Autistic individuals are plagued with a recurring thought:

“Why can’t I get anything done?” 

No matter the age, Autistic individuals often feel overwhelmed when they think of the number of things they need to do. Add to this any changes in routine or responsibility and feelings of anxiety, sleeplessness, and paralysis surrounding the “to-do” list can soar. In many cases, it leads to inertia, both in home and work life. A person may watch videos, play games, or sleep — anything to avoid thinking about accomplishing what needs to be done. Unfortunately, this inactivity can result in more anxiety and guilt.

Why This Happens

Many neurotypical people are puzzled and don’t understand this particular challenge. They assume it is a result of laziness or lack of trying. They may think, “How hard can it be? Start with the first thing on your list and just do it!” But this problem can be more complex.

Keep in mind that depression can cause or aggravate a person’s ability to get things done, and can even make it difficult for a person to get out of bed. If depression is an issue, it is important to seek professional therapeutic help.

Another possibility is that it could be rooted in executive functioning challenges, which is common for Autistic individuals. These challenges include:

• Paying attention
  • Organizing
  • Starting tasks
  • Managing emotions
  • Keeping track of what you are doing

Without these skills, even every-day chores balloon into insurmountable tasks. Avoiding them just means they become more ominous, and soon more items are added to the list. Anxiety can also be a significant factor; it can act both as the barrier to start a task or manage emotions, and it can also heighten a feeling of worry and panic as tasks remain undone. Shutting down or escaping into preferred activities feels safe and deflects negative thoughts, but only temporarily. Eventually, the self-blame returns in greater force and affects how you feel about yourself.

If I laughed, my lungs would implode.🤣 (The underlined above is my emphasis.)

This, taken from a link in the response I got from the one time I consulted an LGBTQ hotline over two years ago (I archived the email). -I only opened the link (AANE) for the first time yesterday.😅

I mean procrastination on doing major things can't possibly be autism-exclusive. And retreating into the comfortable instead of confronting, isn't that -partly- what something like alcoholism can be? As for video games, backlogs are soooooooo frequent nowadays.

-But if this is extra common amongst Aspies and whatnot, well I don't mind the extra dose of humility. Nothing wrong with knowing I'm even more not-special than I already knew I was.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I have to wonder what's the reason this happened.

Man with country on his shoulders finally lets 'em know how he feels /s

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Again, my sympathies.🙂 And thank you for sharing your life's... s*** for lack of a more sophisticated all-encompassing word. Widens my perspectives, and perhaps it expands my ability to empathize.

It's just frustrating, they act like my temper is not okay but it's arising from them not fucking listening, which I got yet more of on this whole shit in the boxing today. They take one headline as the whole truth and anything I said had one of them going down the "well she should be in a special category then", which drove me up the wall and it turned out even that info was liable to be wrong so.... yeah, I said I had my regrets and I meant it coming back.

Sorta the opposite with me. A relative stated they'd be fine with me living with them once my parents are 🪦 or whatnot. The way they said it the one time, it was quaint, it was affectionate. ...It was "If I allow that to happen, I'll die with regrets one day"😮‍💨, not that I've ever said that. It'd be embarrassing on some level, being some swimming-in-a-polluted-river-induced mutated extra arm.

Well, someone has to be keeping an eye in their later years and it makes the most sense to be me, that's the truth of it. It's a bit shit, but it's not the acrimony in this.

Knowing where it likely ends up I hate it already, don't like the place, just the right amount of remote to drive me up the wall.

Of course, y'all know too well here that I haven't exactly done anything to avert that future.😑 And then only yesterday evening, I was reading online...

Reveal hidden contents

Many Autistic individuals are plagued with a recurring thought:

“Why can’t I get anything done?” 

No matter the age, Autistic individuals often feel overwhelmed when they think of the number of things they need to do. Add to this any changes in routine or responsibility and feelings of anxiety, sleeplessness, and paralysis surrounding the “to-do” list can soar. In many cases, it leads to inertia, both in home and work life. A person may watch videos, play games, or sleep — anything to avoid thinking about accomplishing what needs to be done. Unfortunately, this inactivity can result in more anxiety and guilt.

Why This Happens

Many neurotypical people are puzzled and don’t understand this particular challenge. They assume it is a result of laziness or lack of trying. They may think, “How hard can it be? Start with the first thing on your list and just do it!” But this problem can be more complex.

Keep in mind that depression can cause or aggravate a person’s ability to get things done, and can even make it difficult for a person to get out of bed. If depression is an issue, it is important to seek professional therapeutic help.

Another possibility is that it could be rooted in executive functioning challenges, which is common for Autistic individuals. These challenges include:

• Paying attention
  • Organizing
  • Starting tasks
  • Managing emotions
  • Keeping track of what you are doing

Without these skills, even every-day chores balloon into insurmountable tasks. Avoiding them just means they become more ominous, and soon more items are added to the list. Anxiety can also be a significant factor; it can act both as the barrier to start a task or manage emotions, and it can also heighten a feeling of worry and panic as tasks remain undone. Shutting down or escaping into preferred activities feels safe and deflects negative thoughts, but only temporarily. Eventually, the self-blame returns in greater force and affects how you feel about yourself.

If I laughed, my lungs would implode.🤣 (The underlined above is my emphasis.)

This, taken from a link in the response I got from the one time I consulted an LGBTQ hotline over two years ago (I archived the email). -I only opened the link (AANE) for the first time yesterday.😅

I mean procrastination on doing major things can't possibly be autism-exclusive. And retreating into the comfortable instead of confronting, isn't that -partly- what something like alcoholism can be? As for video games, backlogs are soooooooo frequent nowadays.

-But if this is extra common amongst Aspies and whatnot, well I don't mind the extra dose of humility. Nothing wrong with knowing I'm even more not-special than I already knew I was.😆

I was asking myself if it was undiagnosed ADHD

Executive dysfunction is a word that can be very unfortunate if someone misreads the first one

Yeah, I'm not surprised to see this, plays out too much.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Erich Plontke "The Drinker" 1910" Canvas Print for Sale by Art Outlaws |  Redbubble

Well that man looks like he's having a great time.

Great time at the table.

(Also, mandolin? skull guy's got a real taste for instruments)

Guys, i'm sorry, but i can't wait for the day this guy is dragged onto the streets and hanged Mussolini style.

The suffering of Venezuelans, along with the suffering of Ukrainians, are also both serving to be morality tests for people who claim to advocate for Palestinians. Because way too many people with 🍉in their tags are thinking this is ok simply Venezuela is an anti-American autocracy.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

have to wonder what's the reason this happened.

More confused with Maruki being there than Vader lol.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

ecause way too many people with 🍉in their tags are thinking this is ok simply Venezuela is an anti-American autocracy

State of the current polarized world in a nutshell

Ha! I started on the GBC!😝

I'm surprised I'm not feeling old seeing this.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

"well she should be in a special category then"

..."Discussion" of the "t-word"?😐

Had the contemporary mega-contention happen once or twice before. Thankfully, my immediate family prefers to let disagreements go unspoken than to get into the muck.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, someone has to be keeping an eye in their later years and it makes the most sense to be me, that's the truth of it. It's a bit shit, but it's not the acrimony in this.

Secretly half-wish American retirement homes/communities were a thing?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I was asking myself if it was undiagnosed ADHD

Reading what I copypasted, I was asking myself if the world is my solipsism (it fits me too well). -Were it not for all the things in this world that I do not like.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Executive dysfunction is a word that can be very unfortunate if someone misreads the first one

Indeed, elective dysfunction is terrible, just look at this country. At least executive dysfunction could maybe stop a bad PM/prez from doing bad things.

Cute :3

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Guys, i'm sorry, but i can't wait for the day this guy is dragged onto the streets and hanged Mussolini style.

Oh fuck me.

..."Discussion" of the "t-word"?😐

Had the contemporary mega-contention happen once or twice before. Thankfully, my immediate family prefers to let disagreements go unspoken than to get into the muck.

The Khelif discourse was out and out shit is what I'll say there.

Telling me I needed to keep my mind open when she's the one with the closed perspective smh

Secretly half-wish American retirement homes/communities were a thing?

There's not quite the type here, besides I'm already used to the idea of at home care rather than being taken away into retirement spaces with my grandparents' experience. Difference for them was they had most of their family nearby on my dad's side and the other one was actually closer to town, neither of which would be true with the parent's plans.

At least executive dysfunction could maybe stop a bad PM/prez from doing bad things.

You'd wish so many of those involved in terrible decisions had it.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh fuck me.

I think it's really funny when people dickride Maduro for being "anti-imperialist" when Venezuela has been wanting to absorb half of Guyana since it's inception.