• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

A decade ago i used to smh at racism in America

The last few years opened my eyes to how fucking deep racism in the old world is

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

Centuries of blood-and-soil mentality will do that. It's why so many racist Europeans hide behind "it's not racism, it's xenophobia" as if the venn diagram there isn't a flat circle. There's a reason why fascism spread so easily over there in the 20th century. 

Not that Asians aren't racist either but (maybe it's because the news don't spread far) they're not really gonna lash out like this. East and South East Asians anyways.

The liberal patriot scoffs at the question of racism, saying: "Hah! We're not racist! We would never discriminate based off of nationality or race, unlike those backward savages across the pond..."

It really is 2D of the Kingdom.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Takahashi is Xeno, the only thing where he wasn't was like Soma Bringer. So unless he feels like taking a break -perhaps do a light one-off, maybe revive that scrapped fantasy project we saw conceptual art for- we should know what it'll roughly be.

It's also worth noting that he's outright directing this one, as opposed to being the executive producer and letting someone else direct it (like how Koh Kojima has been the director for Xenoblade).

Last game he outright directed was Xenosaga 1.

Italian hot dog good.

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's also worth noting that he's outright directing this one, as opposed to being the executive producer and letting someone else direct it (like how Koh Kojima has been the director for Xenoblade).

Last game he outright directed was Xenosaga 1.

😳

...Disabling auto-pilot, taking manual control? Does this mean anything?

I'm having my doubts its X2 then 😐, because if Takahashi didn't precisely guide Xenosaga's later Episodes, does he truly need to for X2?

If Xenogears and the first Xenosaga were the only prior instances of directing, then does mean that Takahashi is intending to lay the groundwork for a grand new space(ish) opera? ...Is Xenoblade (not-X) "done", and in need of a serious rebirth/reboot with a lore-reset? If only I had played XC3 to be able to judge.

*Checks his age* ...He'll be 58 later this year. By the time the development cycle on this unnamed project is done, he could easily be past 60. Is Takahashi thinking "I'm getting old.-Helmsman! Let me take the wheel one last time.", and after this he'll be back to the less-demanding task of producer for anything else he creates for the remainder of his career?🤔

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm having my doubts its X2 then

I would imagine X2 was in the works. No way the slate was clean after finishing Xenoblade 3.

This is likely for a game farther along the pipeline.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Takahashi thinking "I'm getting old.-Helmsman! Let me take the wheel one last time."

He did want to make that M-rated game.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is likely for a game farther along the pipeline.

True. The jobs wanted include "2D artwork designer" among them, which sounds very fundamental to starting development. ...Unless the lead artist(s) has/have already been chosen and what we're talking is supplementary visual contributions? 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He did want to make that M-rated game.

-I forgot he said that.😅

...We'd be talking a return to 'Gears or 'Saga in terms of narrative tone then? -Both were T-rated, yet their "sci-fi dark" plots could at moments approach the boundary of an M-rating? -Do I need to name examples?

You know certain kinds of dark don't sit well with me. But if Takahashi wanted to go through with it, I'd still follow. -Just possibly skipping past the worst psychological trauma he throws out there.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

The liberal patriot scoffs at the question of racism, saying: "Hah! We're not racist! We would never discriminate based off of nationality or race, unlike those backward savages across the pond..."

I am starting to think racism might be a world wide issue...

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

ojMaJev.png

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That, especially in hard times, rears it's ugly head

When ramming the enemy with one train ain't enough.

No, you take several large trains, most which are already several smaller trains combined, and then combined them all into a single loooooong train that then turns into a fire dragon that then rams into the enemy. CHOO CHOO, sucker!

Come to think of it, if we do take the individual Super AI's and not the combined ones, then this combination attack has like 12 participants! Then again, you don't say that when Combattler and Voltes do their combination attacks, that they're 10 people combination attacks, now does it? Hmm...

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, you take several large trains, most which are already several smaller trains combined, and then combined them all into a single loooooong train that then turns into a fire dragon that then rams into the enemy. CHOO CHOO, sucker!

Not gonna watch it for now, but the dragon part sounds way too random.😆 

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then again, you don't say that when Combattler and Voltes do their combination attacks, that they're 10 people combination attacks, now does it? Hmm...

Part of that might be it being just Hyoma and Kenichi would usually speak during the Choudenji combinations IIRC? -For as rudimentary an attack it is, thinking about HTB Cannon- all four SRX Team members usually get to say something. That might strengthen a feeling of all the people involved?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not gonna watch it for now, but the dragon part sounds way too random.😆 

Well, if Cybuster can turn into a fire bird... XD

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Part of that might be it being just Hyoma and Kenichi would usually speak during the Choudenji combinations IIRC? -For as rudimentary an attack it is, thinking about HTB Cannon- all four SRX Team members usually get to say something. That might strengthen a feeling of all the people involved?

Perhaps it'd be less if they speak, and more if they actually are doing something? Since we know how the SRX operates. Rai and Aya do stuff even without involving the HTB Cannon, so you could say they are part of the combination attack even if they're sub-pilots? Maybe.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps it'd be less if they speak, and more if they actually are doing something? Since we know how the SRX operates. Rai and Aya do stuff even without involving the HTB Cannon, so you could say they are part of the combination attack even if they're sub-pilots? Maybe.

There is that too yeah. Any controlling or systems-monitoring the subpilots of licensed combined Supers do, while not completely unfelt, is typically more subdued in SRW. -Although, maybe it's partly my fault for feeling that, since I don't watch the animes, which presumably give a good look in/feel for the cockpits and the actions of the crews therein?

Have still not managed to get the bean machine to play Thracia, but I've gotten into BB again.

Did you know Normal mode Rutger is still pretty good?

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

First thought that came to mind

Can really see BotT's influence in this one, in the .

No clear answer on dungeons in it though.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

An issue we're all capable of, I'm expecting something to flare up worse than Coolock (which might as a movement have been undermined by some showing up in Belfast over the weekend, so silver lining?)

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is that too yeah. Any controlling or systems-monitoring the subpilots of licensed combined Supers do, while not completely unfelt, is typically more subdued in SRW. -Although, maybe it's partly my fault for feeling that, since I don't watch the animes, which presumably give a good look in/feel for the cockpits and the actions of the crews therein?

Oh yes, that's one aspect that SRW can't really convey properly due to its format. It can only tell via descriptive text for the few cases when it does bring it up.

The Democratic party....actually keeping up a string of good decisions????

It would have been so easy for her to pick Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, because Electoral College bullshit makes Pennsylvania a really attractive target. But Shapiro is incredibly divisive, who supported some Republican viewpoints such as school vouchers, is one of the most vocal critics of the Free Palestine movements, shaky relationship with unions and apparently covered up a murder case as a suicide cause his friend was one of the suspects. Also volunteered for the IDF (not in combat capacity), not to mention a sexual harassment scandal in his office that while he personally didn't do it, also didn't do anything about. In other words, picking him would've given Republicans actual ammunition.

A Shapiro pick would maybe give extra points to Pennsylvania but likely cost Dems the Gen Z vote. But Walz....he's good. Excellent communicator, despite coming from deep blue Minnesota, knows how to communicate with rural folks who aren't as left-leaning while also appealing to younger people.

The fear was that Shapiro would tank Harris' momentum. Walz on the other hand only enhances it.

Don't get complacent my fellow Americans but there is actual hope on the horizon.

46 minutes ago, Dayni said:

No clear answer on dungeons in it though.

They'll be there, the question is is it the lock and key or the "hit the five switches".

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It would have been so easy for her to pick Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, because Electoral College bullshit makes Pennsylvania a really attractive target. But Shapiro is incredibly divisive, who supported some Republican viewpoints such as school vouchers, is one of the most vocal critics of the Free Palestine movements, shaky relationship with unions and apparently covered up a murder case as a suicide cause his friend was one of the suspects. Also volunteered for the IDF (not in combat capacity).

A Shapiro pick would maybe give extra points to Pennsylvania but likely cost Dems the Gen Z vote. But Walz....he's good. Excellent communicator, despite coming from deep blue Minnesota, knows how to communicate with rural folks who aren't as left-leaning while also appealing to younger people.

The fear was that Shapiro would tank Harris' momentum. Walz on the other hand only enhances it.

Don't get complacent my fellow Americans but there is actual hope on the horizon.

It's great to see how things change drastically these past days. In a way it's heavily symbolic that Biden withdrew his candidacy and Harris picked it up.

If Mega/Kalos Flygon ain't Bug/Dragon we riot

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Curious why Kelly (the other name that came up a bunch) was out. I've heard bits about Shapiro, but no idea why the astronaut would be recommended against.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

They'll be there, the question is is it the lock and key or the "hit the five switches".

Plot twist: the keys are particular echoes

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Curious why Kelly (the other name that came up a bunch) was out. I've heard bits about Shapiro, but no idea why the astronaut would be recommended against.

He wasn't a bad pick but he was one of the few Democratic Senators who blocked the passing of the PRO Act (Protecting the Right to Organize). Only after being vetted for VP did he say he'd vote for it now.

He has a good record but union leaders were worried about him on that specific front. There was also some worry that Arizona would become a lot more competitive if Kelly is out of the Senate in 2026. For a similar reason, it's why North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper wasn't wanted by some. He's fine but the Lt. Governer a.k.a the guy who becomes Governor if the predecessor ascends to Presidency/Vice, is a right-wing nutjob.

The two picks who could bring the most to the table without any baggage or downsides were Walz and twice-elected Governor of Kentucky Andy Beshear.