• Replies 179.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Man, the bosses are certainly quite something. Valac was cool, though, mostly due to the visual gimmick of fighting while descending the spiral.

Also, Iga can't fool me. OD is pretty much Notlucard.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bloodlines does say on the character select screen that Jonathan Sr. was born in Texas, close enough.

Surprisingly he wasn't packing a gun too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Playing RF5 is nice in a way, but I'm now questioning if I should save-scum for dating confessions.🤔 The one thing -no sources stated- on the Internet I can find that provides supposedly the raw numbers behind the mechanic, puts it as follows.

• Making a "I want to date you" confession at 7 LP has a 30% success rate, 60% at 8 LP, 90% at 9 LP (90% being the success rate ceiling).
  • The success rate is halved if you try to date a second person. So at the 7 LP minimum it becomes 15%. 
  • If you try dating a third person or beyond, each subsequent confession is -5% acceptance rate. This bottoms out at a minimum of 5% -and you must have at least 9 LP to have that 5%.

I think each LP above 9 increases the base acceptance rate by 10%? Another source might've said that.😅 (Which with the second confession halving, becomes +5%.)

Since Cecil is too much of a kid, and the gals are not for me, the remaining five would -according to the above data- assuming I get them all to 9 (presently at 7-8), be: 90-45-40-35-30. And you can reload a save to try again if you don't want to raise their LP another point to try again (you can only attempt a confession once per LP level per character). 1 in 3 odds at worst isn't that bad to reset for. Though I'm split, I don't want to spend too much longer on this game, but I don't want to just rush through the officially-dating events either.😆 -Definitely not going for the 100,000 Seed Point vacation house, but I want to play at least until the spring flower festival I didn't enact on the first year (presently on Winter 11).

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Trump is definitely saying the N-word by October.

B/c the Os' speeches last night (+the general party-hard! energy at DemCon)? ...Although I feel like there's a worrying lack of specifics-laden econ-talk at the celebration, blue pep alone can't win the battlegrounds.

13 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

very if i have to guess?

I remember it from school days?

*googles*

Apparently it topped the charts across Europe - but didn't do well in US?

Murica uncultured as always

Not like here we were much better. The song caused a panic that it was satanic. Yeah.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not like here we were much better. The song caused a panic that it was satanic. Yeah.

And i thought the Pokemon panic was ridiculous lol

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

29vsl1v6rtjd1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=78e439577

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I saw the news yesterday, though I didn't realize she was the Cool V 🙁 (yet I did ponder for a moment if the voice actress did any SRW roles). The Japanese voice for Bayonetta also being Viletta, I can see the typecasting.

🌷🪦

I do like Viletta as a character, her relation to Ingram was interesting to me when I was younger (and now I find it a clever adaptation of a MaMC-FeMC situation).

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

B/c the Os' speeches last night (+the general party-hard! energy at DemCon)

Mm. 

He said "I know suburban women like me, I keep the poor people out of the suburbs". What do you mean by that Trump?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

.Although I feel like there's a worrying lack of specifics-laden econ-talk at the celebration, blue pep alone can't win the battlegrounds.

In this case it might. There's an increasing contrast with Trump's miserable energy and Harris' optimism.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I saw the news yesterday, though I didn't realize she was the Cool V 🙁 (yet I did ponder for a moment if the voice actress did any SRW roles). The Japanese voice for Bayonetta also being Viletta, I can see the typecasting.

🌷🪦

I do like Viletta as a character, her relation to Ingram was interesting to me when I was younger (and now I find it a clever adaptation of a MaMC-FeMC situation).

If I recall, it's the only case they went the clone route, wasn't it? Since other pairs were instead turned into siblings, right.

-Oprah made a jab at Vance.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

In this case it might. There's an increasing contrast with Trump's miserable energy and Harris' optimism.

"might".😬 -But I'm a pessimist/defeatist, focusing on how the newsfolks say "modern American prezzy-els are always very close".😅 

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I recall, it's the only case they went the clone route, wasn't it? Since other pairs were instead turned into siblings, right.

Raul & Fiona yeah. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Akimi & Akemi, which sounds boring but entirely understandable.

-I presume Super Hero Operations -if only I could understand it- already established Euzeth as having cloned himself into the blue-haired protagonist. In which case, making the other the clone of a clone would be an adaptation within the boundaries of imagination.

Unless it was Atlus's localization, I'm 99% sure they changed a certain part of Viletta's backstory between OG1-GBA and OG1-OGs. Viletta wasn't bound to the Judecca in GBA b/c as a clone, she was an irregularity that Judecca couldn't enchain (so she told Gilliam in the ending). OGs has Viletta instead say that Ingram removed her shackles, but it was too late for her to do the same to him.🤔 -If this was an actual retcon between the two versions of OG1, well OG1 GBA released four months before Alpha 2. Cobray and the two antagonist Balshems weren't invented until Alpha 3, two years later (OGs being two years after Alpha 3). Maybe Banpresto hadn't long-term-planning conceived of them yet? Yet once they did exist, well Viletta couldn't feasibly be an irregularity any more if there were more clones of the Progenitor back at Balmar.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Raul & Fiona yeah. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Akimi & Akemi, which sounds boring but entirely understandable.

-I presume Super Hero Operations -if I could understand it- already established Euzeth as having cloned himself into the blue-haired protagonist. In which case, making the other the clone of a clone would be a logical adaptation.

Unless it was Atlus's localization, I'm 99% sure they changed a certain part of Viletta's backstory between OG1-GBA and OG1-OGs. Viletta wasn't bound to the Judecca in GBA b/c as a clone, she was an irregularity that Judecca couldn't enchain (so she told Gilliam in the ending). OGs has Viletta instead say that Ingram removed her shackles, but it was too late for her to do the same to him.🤔 -If this was an actual retcon between the two versions of OG1, well OG1 GBA released four months before Alpha 2. Cobray and the two antagonist Balshems weren't invented until Alpha 3, two years later (OGs being two years after Alpha 3). Maybe Banpresto hadn't conceived of them yet? Yet once they did exist, well Viletta couldn't feasibly be an irregularity any more if there were more clones of the Progenitor back at Balmar.

Yes, that's how it is. Euzeth was also a human in there, not an alien.

Hmm... interesting. I mean, it doesn't necessarily has to mean she can't be an irregularity if more clones are around. But I guess for whatever reason they decided to go with that route.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... interesting. I mean, it doesn't necessarily has to mean she can't be an irregularity if more clones are around. But I guess for whatever reason they decided to go with that route.

Likely a combination of having a clearer idea of what they wanted to do with the OGverse, and having more storage space going from a GBA cartridge to a DVD, they did add details to some of the Balmar stuff. The Ingram & Euzeth scene at the very start of OGs's prologue, the dream Ingram has with Alpha 3!Cobray. There was also this, right after Ingram wakes up from the dream.:

gsdx-20211124144823.pnggsdx-20211124144842.png

Ingram did talk to Viletta about the inability to learn basically anything about the Balmar in GBA. -But Ingram goes into more detail here, and IIRC, in GBA he questioned if Balmar even still existed. Viletta's comment was a new addition, an obvious nod to the existence of the other clones. Ingram also mentions holes in his memories. Given the aforementioned appearance of Euzeth, he had to be responsible for the holes.

Consider that 2nd OG has that whole "Euzeth remembered Alphaverse", and that includes the events after his death b/c the Adamatron shows the silhouette Dis Astragant. Euzeth knew his plan had a very real chance for failure, that Ingram could resist, that Viletta could escape. Even though he seems to have been operating independent of Ruach and Ephes and the rest of Ze Balmary, Euzeth mustn't have wanted to let any information about Balmar possibly become available to the Earthlings, Viletta could've easily handed it over.

gsdx-20211124144935.pnggsdx-20211124144944.png

Twas striking to me in my youth.😄

-Though I know on my earlier playthroughs that I missed out on the final exchange you get between Ingram and Viletta only if she gets the final blow on him. You nothing special if you give the kill to SRX Team or anyone else. (The Viletta convo pivoting into his normal final words once it's over.)

...And checking YouTube for the GBA version, OGs flipped the script for the above two lines.🧐 GBA Ingram tells Viletta to carry out the orders he gave her if he loses total control of himself, she vocalizes her hesitation to do so, and Ingram says "You're not just my counterpart... I'm part of you... Even if I die... As long as you live, so will I.".

Man, life is happening. Kinda affecting having something to say too.

But hey, I saw this was apparently a thing:

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Trump is definitely saying the N-word by October.

NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER

(Yeah, I know it won't be a full Paisley rant)

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Likely a combination of having a clearer idea of what they wanted to do with the OGverse, and having more storage space going from a GBA cartridge to a DVD, they did add details to some of the Balmar stuff. The Ingram & Euzeth scene at the very start of OGs's prologue, the dream Ingram has with Alpha 3!Cobray. There was also this, right after Ingram wakes up from the dream.:

gsdx-20211124144823.pnggsdx-20211124144842.png

Ingram did talk to Viletta about the inability to learn basically anything about the Balmar in GBA. -But Ingram goes into more detail here, and IIRC, in GBA he questioned if Balmar even still existed. Viletta's comment was a new addition, an obvious nod to the existence of the other clones. Ingram also mentions holes in his memories. Given the aforementioned appearance of Euzeth, he had to be responsible for the holes.

Consider that 2nd OG has that whole "Euzeth remembered Alphaverse", and that includes the events after his death b/c the Adamatron shows the silhouette Dis Astragant. Euzeth knew his plan had a very real chance for failure, that Ingram could resist, that Viletta could escape. Even though he seems to have been operating independent of Ruach and Ephes and the rest of Ze Balmary, Euzeth mustn't have wanted to let any information about Balmar possibly become available to the Earthlings, Viletta could've easily handed it over.

gsdx-20211124144935.pnggsdx-20211124144944.png

Twas striking to me in my youth.😄

-Though I know on my earlier playthroughs that I missed out on the final exchange you get between Ingram and Viletta only if she gets the final blow on him. You nothing special if you give the kill to SRX Team or anyone else. (The Viletta convo pivoting into his normal final words once it's over.)

...And checking YouTube for the GBA version, OGs flipped the script for the above two lines.🧐 GBA Ingram tells Viletta to carry out the orders he gave her if he loses total control of himself, she vocalizes her hesitation to do so, and Ingram says "You're not just my counterpart... I'm part of you... Even if I die... As long as you live, so will I.".

Fascinating.

I guess it really may come down to that. While we know Alphaverse had a planned overall outline before they began working on it, we can't say the same for OGverse. So perhaps, yes, they rethought things a bit.

Jjk funniest manga of all time.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"might".😬 -But I'm a pessimist/defeatist, focusing on how the newsfolks say "modern American prezzy-els are always very close".😅

They (the Dems) just need to ride this wave with little to no conflict. Main conflict right now is Uncommitted but even they feel like a drop in the bucket (which sucks but you can't win em all).

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER

I mean he'll definitely say this when he loses.