Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

I spent these last few days in bed because of the cold (I fucking hate winter)

Think on the bright side- you're moving towards warmth, southern hemispheric winter is almost over. I heard meteorologists ignore the solstices and equinoxes and sort the seasons into Dec-Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr-May, Jun-Jul-Aug, Sep-Oct-Nov, anyhow. None of that "2 full months and half of two others" astronomical nonsense.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, congrats on finishing!

Thanks. A bit of a bumpy ending today, there are still menacing villains very much alive, but I indisputably enjoyed the ride!😄 

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Throw it in with Dancougar and Layzner, for a start.

Thinking of 64?😛

I was actually already thinking of Layzner as a solid SRW pairing option weeks/months ago.😆 And sure, Muge conquering the Earth would go perfectly together with the Draktor. -And I'd like to have Getter around too if possible, if only to see Ryoma grimace at the sight of a young 'un with the same attitude.😈 

There is one thing that I'd love to see SRW include from Megaton Musashi, from a writing perspective. ...I want to say more, and I know you don't care about spoilers, but I still feel like I have to bite my tongue.😝 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 179.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hehe, okay then.

---

Alright, reached the Warp Room of the Oriental Sorcery Lab. I think I'm gonna go and make every food I can, for the stat boosts. Then I can finally move further in...

I have spent the past... hour? listening to SRW + Xeno tracks cherrypicked b/c they remind of Megaton in some way. On the one hand, my mood is 😄. Yet I'm very frustrated too.This makes three unfinished mecha stories I'm stuck with!😆 Is overambition a natural companion to sci-fi? The writers write with the same vastness as the universe that inspires them, not realizing they shouldn't expand without end.😜

...Speaking of Xeno:

What non-Mana games served as inspiration for the developers working on Visions of Mana? Were any of the principal designers born after the Super Famicom release of Seiken Densetsu 3 (the original Trials of Mana)?

In terms for creating a vast world that is important for an RPG, the Xenoblade series was one source of inspiration.

-Is it odd for a non-indie dev to admit to such inspirations?🤔

War has changed will finally be heard outside PS3

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Iga also banished her from his continuity. I think he had a problem with the concept of a Belmont and Alucard having a child or something. ...and then he went and created Juste Belmont who is just Alucard with a whip. Doesn't even have a humanoid skin color. Just the same grey skin.

Funny to mention, I was playing a bit of HoD and CotM, kinda sucking at them, but yeah Juste is certainly that (And also the worst, who just decides to take a room of Dracula's castle and turn it into his man cave?). But HoD has an odd style for character art beyond Juste.

...Then again Alucard's hair ain't pure white in SotN, but he still looks a bit more ethereal than Juste imo even comparing the more elaborate artwork as opposed to in game portraits, where HoD just has no chance anyway.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Same for Circle of the Moon. Contrary to popular opinion, Iga didn't banish it from canon either out of a whim. The developers themselves didn't consider CotM part of the timeline to begin with, and so Iga just respected that.

So just Legends was a choice on his end, without others asking to.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of Xeno:

What non-Mana games served as inspiration for the developers working on Visions of Mana? Were any of the principal designers born after the Super Famicom release of Seiken Densetsu 3 (the original Trials of Mana)?

In terms for creating a vast world that is important for an RPG, the Xenoblade series was one source of inspiration.

-Is it odd for a non-indie dev to admit to such inspirations?🤔

Oh well now I have to play it.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

War has changed will finally be heard outside PS3

But I thought War Never Changes.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Funny to mention, I was playing a bit of HoD and CotM, kinda sucking at them, but yeah Juste is certainly that (And also the worst, who just decides to take a room of Dracula's castle and turn it into his man cave?). But HoD has an odd style for character art beyond Juste.

Funnily enough, the whole "decorate a room" thing was meant to be for Alucard. Which makes much more sense, since the castle was his home at one point.

Don't know why they decided to finally use it for Juste of all people, beyond the fact HoD copied a lot of things from SotN.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

So just Legends was a choice on his end, without others asking to.

Ultimately, yes.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

you also mentioned they used EVO music in the trailer.

not Evo

Arrange. Specifically, from the "we love Trails in the Sky" album

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It might be half-Joever.

Man, if they fuck this up they are idiots. This is honestly a very big chance for them to not only make old players return, but also get a lot of new ones. And the game already looks good. Just have good advertising - and maybe an English dub for the international audience. And Multiplatform is a must

Edited by Codename Shrimp

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also the fast release date.

I mean Trails is yearly.

5 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Man, if they fuck this up they are idiots. This is honestly a very big chance for them to not only make old players return, but also get a lot of new ones. And the game already looks good. Just have good advertising - and maybe an English dub for the international audience. And Multiplatform is a must

Tbf the rest of the game is being remade from the ground up. So reusing the EVO voice lines feels minor in comparison but also like why not just record new lines?

Of course, with that ending, we don't know how far along the pipeline SC remake is so imagine newbies playing the new shiny FC and then they buy SC in Steam and they travel back in time.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So reusing the EVO voice lines feels minor in comparison but also like why not just record new lines?

probably money and time issue. Falcom is releasing Kuro 3 soon, and from i understand Sky remake is being made by another Team. And everything we've seen so far points to the script being 1:1 Original, so they can just use that no problem (hence why Simul release might be possible).

But EN never got voice acting outside Battle voices for sky.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

so imagine newbies playing the new shiny FC and then they buy SC in Steam and they travel back in time.

I instantly bought SC back then lmaaaaaaaaaaaaao. Back when i was but a student who only bought game on min 50% sale xD And that started the exception of Trails being the exception to that norm lol

Edited by Codename Shrimp

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, right, it's localization that has the lengthy memes, right?

Mm.

Rune Factory has it rough too but Azuma's getting a worldwide release. If Sky FC remake is the exception to Falcon and not the new norm, Falcon will be increasingly running out of excuses as to why they can't do worldwide releases.

5 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

instantly bought SC back then lmaaaaaaaaaaaaao.

Sky FC cliffhanger unmatched I fear. 

Echoes of Wisdom is starting at €50.

Did not know that.

Also, OG Clock Tower modern rerelease. For some reason there's three art styles being used for it.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But I thought War Never Changes.

Old Snake knows better.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Funnily enough, the whole "decorate a room" thing was meant to be for Alucard. Which makes much more sense, since the castle was his home at one point.

Don't know why they decided to finally use it for Juste of all people, beyond the fact HoD copied a lot of things from SotN.

Probably explains why sitting is doable in SotN. Juste doing it is a little messed up, considering he's not a Drac and considering what the castle in HoD is.

Supposedly most of the people who worked on HoD had been on SotN, which would make sense for that and stuff like Juste's design coming a little close to Alucard's.

>interested in Metaphor

>70€

>interest gone

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Sky FC remake is the exception to Falcon and not the new norm, Falcon will be increasingly running out of excuses as to why they can't do worldwide releases

They have to atleast try to release the games within a year from jp internationally if they wanna grow. Everyone else does it even faster than that. They really have no excuses.

"Bla bla bla script sizes" bigger games get translated faster

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

nicee

I sat outside intending to read. -I actually spent dozens of minutes letting Megaton and SRW thoughts do petaflops in my brain.😆 Do I have too much time on my hands if I can still be hopelessly lost in a game from yesterday? Or is it neurodivergence? I don't know.😅 -Not sure how long/what it'll take to decompress.

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Wataru is getting a... reboot?

...Would it be a good idea to wait for the new Rayearth and throw the two together in SRW?😛

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh well now I have to play it.

Ehhh, Square doesn't jive with you.😛 And Metacritic puts the average critic score at 75 right now. Wait for the sale -which will come after Square soon likely announces "Mana is going into cold storage b/c AA-gaming doesn't suit us anymore".

Just now, Codename Shrimp said:

>interested in Metaphor

>70€

>interest gone

Atlus regularly does sizable sales. You're either The Fool or The Lover of Atlus if you buy anything from them at full price. Patience will be rewarded.

7 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

"Bla bla bla script sizes" bigger games get translated faster

Don't complain them into using machine/AI translation to cut corners, that couldn't possibly end well.

1 minute ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ok, but who actually thought i would talk about Trails again in 2024, and with a positive disposition even?

Clearly they're Chemtrails in the Sky, and they're doing their diabolical purpose of making you loopy.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ou're either The Fool or The Lover of Atlus if you buy anything from them at full price. Patience will be rewarded.

I can wait.

Have Ys X in October anyway, and Echoes of Wisdom late September.

M&L as well.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't complain them into using machine/AI translation to cut corners, that couldn't possibly end well

Other do it faster without that too 😛

And hey, i have nothing to lose anyway, the games i care about already are translated - as i said, i am not touching future games any time soon 😛 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Clearly they're Chemtrails in the Sky, and they're doing their diabolical purpose of making you loopy.

I don't need chemtrails for that

*Immediately clicks open Gematsu after I posted the above. Sees the top of the news column.*

-And now I'm thrown for an old loop.😍 -I'm not double-dipping, yet as I've said before, the mere sight of him is still 😇🤣.

11 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I can wait.

Have Ys X in October anyway, and Echoes of Wisdom late September.

M&L as well.

I try not to buy & play games that late into the year, gotta save stuff for others to get me for Xmas. -A couple days ago I was getting crabby because someone wanted to get me something, I kept shooting down their ideas. Narrow interests and not asking for a whole lot means I'm a chore to buy for.

...My point being- I'll join you on Ys X Shrimpy, just not right away.😉 EoW will also be on the Xmas list, except I have TotK from last 🎄 still unplayed.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

34 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Tears of the Kingdom at $70.

Echoes of Wisdom at $50.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Atlus regularly does sizable sales

Wat?

Isn't Atlus notorious for sales or was I being gaslit the whole time?